Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE 7w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Deltas dressing in unconventional/rebellious ways

Hey, so do any of you deltas have a desire to be unconventional/rebellious in the way that you dress, so much so that you get a thrill out of doing it?

(for example: a girl with a "modern mullet", a feather earring, combat boots, and plaid in baggy-ish clothes)
    ENFp. yay!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends

I know two deltas who try to be like Lady Gaga for fun at times, to be outrageous. but it's sort of making fun of it.

I've dressed outrageously to be funny, too, but, not that often.

Again, as with much about socionics, it's not so much what happens by why. A sort of "typical" response would be that no, delta people wouldn't really do that, they are somewhat more laid back or even conservative, to make a very broad, sweeping statement. But that doesn't mean it can't happen.

You'd have to explain more about the situation for a substantial analysis about "delta or no". You have to start looking at motivations and how an individual relates to society, and various pressures and preferences, and the nature of making decisions. That's a lot different from just noticing "oh, you seem to be dressing outrageously".

TIM
    IEE 7w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    It depends

I know two deltas who try to be like Lady Gaga for fun at times, to be outrageous. but it's sort of making fun of it.

I've dressed outrageously to be funny, too, but, not that often.

Again, as with much about socionics, it's not so much what happens by why. A sort of "typical" response would be that no, delta people wouldn't really do that, they are somewhat more laid back or even conservative, to make a very broad, sweeping statement. But that doesn't mean it can't happen.

You'd have to explain more about the situation for a substantial analysis about "delta or no". You have to start looking at motivations and how an individual relates to society, and various pressures and preferences, and the nature of making decisions. That's a lot different from just noticing "oh, you seem to be dressing outrageously".
    I think that there is a mix of emotions. The original joy of doing something "different" that very few people around have the courage to try. The rush of a "new" idea (at least in the area) that has finally been put into motion, and the enjoyment of challenging the "status quo"-of what is typical and expected.
    Though, there is a timidness about standing out too much, so much so that it causes a scene, and a fear that it won't be appreciated. There is a desire for the majority to participate in I guess "dressing differently", but also a rebelliousness from a group of people who do not step out from the crowd and be themselves.
    Does this mean anything?
    ENFp. yay!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, me and dress. . .

I've never intentionally wanted to dress rebelliously. In fact I admire the people who dress elegantly, and I try to emulate that, but it never comes out that well. I also like colors, not necessarily ones that intentionally make me stick out (I try to avoid that), but I often do end up sticking out, or looking rebellious with the colors.

Like, I will come in to work in a colorful top, and someone will say "wow, you look BRIGHT!!" And then i'll feel self conscious.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Deltas usually prefer to dress conservatively, but so do a lot of Gammas. This is too far reaching to pigon hole.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE 7w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Deltas usually prefer to dress conservatively, but so do a lot of Gammas. This is too far reaching to pigon hole.
    All I am asking is whether or not any deltas out there get a thrill out of dressing "different" or somewhat rebelliously.
    I know that I do and I found it rather odd, so I decided to ask.
    umm yes, I do feel most comfortable when I dress conservatively (not too much skin showing...and I do not feel comfortable in short shorts)

I was dating a guy who was an LIE (he used to be on the forum here) and he liked girls that dressed somewhat conservatively BUT hated clothes that were "different". He preferred it when I conformed and didn't dress outrageously.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    hmmm, me and dress. . .

I've never intentionally wanted to dress rebelliously. In fact I admire the people who dress elegantly, and I try to emulate that, but it never comes out that well. I also like colors, not necessarily ones that intentionally make me stick out (I try to avoid that), but I often do end up sticking out, or looking rebellious with the colors.

Like, I will come in to work in a colorful top, and someone will say "wow, you look BRIGHT!!" And then i'll feel self conscious.
    haha I admire elegantly dressed women, too! (I like long flowing clothing because it makes it look like you are floating when you walk :] )
    I can do the awkward/out-there dress, but am still practicing on the elegant (simplicity is very hard for me).
    ENFp. yay!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybeam View Post
    All I am asking is whether or not any deltas out there get a thrill out of dressing "different" or somewhat rebelliously.
    I know that I do and I found it rather odd, so I decided to ask.
    umm yes, I do feel most comfortable when I dress conservatively (not too much skin showing...and I do not feel comfortable in short shorts)
    As a general rule, no, we prefer simple and practical dress over elegance artsy, of Beta, a little edgy of Gamma, and a blend of comfort and elegence of Alpha. Alpha and Delta will tend to like the same dress styles and Beta and Gamma the same to each other.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ORLY?

Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, no, but that's just me. I like to wear bright colors and prints every so often, but the things I own are more classical styles than trendy
    silverchris is onto something about IEE's, in that I have noticed that aesthetic creativity is a bit more noticeable in what they wear more so than most other Delta's

But in general I don't think personal taste should be used as a means to type, it's too superficial
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, so do any of you deltas have a desire to be unconventional/rebellious in the way that you dress, so much so that you get a thrill out of doing it?

(for example: a girl with a "modern mullet", a feather earring, combat boots, and plaid in baggy-ish clothes)
    Yeh I do that from time to time on a regular basis, just for the fun of it. Latest addition, it took some special preparation for that one .

But yeh, I think I mentioned quite a few times already: going to punk concerts in white shirt and classy shoes, wearing a dress in a biker festival or things like that.

I dont think it is much about being rebellious but it is about being unconventional. All in all it is just to have fun and I dont make a big deal out of it. Motivations for it could be quite different too: a) someone told me I wouldn't do it because I am such and such person b) I just dont make a big deal out of it (the way I dress) c) I see no reason to dress like everyone else just to be somewhere d) I think it will be funny e) I just felt like it
    Last edited by Simon Ssmall; 06-25-2010 at 06:38 AM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

TIM
    IEE 7w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Yeh I do that from time to time on a regular basis, just for the fun of it. Latest addition, it took some special preparation for that one .

it is about being unconventional. All in all it is just to have fun
    a) someone told me I wouldn't do it because I am such and such person b) I just dont make a big deal out of it (the way I dress) c) I see no reason to dress like everyone else just to be somewhere d) I think it will be funny e) I just felt like it
    HAHAHHA! i love it! how funny!
    i must admit that i am not as brave as you are. i do not dress to be funny, but think it's AWESOME that you do
    ENFp. yay!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I get home I love to strip.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do too actually. . .I lounge around in my undies all the time.

Sorry TMI !!!!!!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I do too actually. . .I lounge around in my undies all the time.

Sorry TMI !!!!!!!
    Hahaha, so this whole thread is really about that creepy old internet conversation of what we are wearing.

OK I'll join in then. It's so often the case I find myself relaxing at home wearing nothing but a raging boner.

There, how was that?

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pics or it didn't happen
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

But yeh, I think I mentioned quite a few times already: going to punk concerts in white shirt and classy shoes, wearing a dress in a biker festival or things like that.

I dont think it is much about being rebellious but it is about being unconventional. All in all it is just to have fun and I dont make a big deal out of it. Motivations for it could be quite different too: a) someone told me I wouldn't do it because I am such and such person b) I just dont make a big deal out of it (the way I dress) c) I see no reason to dress like everyone else just to be somewhere d) I think it will be funny e) I just felt like it
    Whoopie! I would totally wear a fancy dress to a punk concert.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Whoopie! I would totally wear a fancy dress to a punk concert.
    Haha

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. Deltas aren't so bad! This whole conversation has been both comical and entertaining.

Also, @bobby, sorry, I don't really know any websites. I mostly just read wikisocion and here.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    IEE 7w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    . Deltas aren't so bad! This whole conversation has been both comical and entertaining.
    aww thanks! i am glad to hear it!
    you are very smart! :]
    ENFp. yay!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg it's Raoul Duke!
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was younger (teens), I certainly did. I thought it was important to look in a way that set me apart from mainstream society and identified me as part of a subculture.

However, I couldn't care less now. I went to a show last night after a few years of 'retirement' and found everyone's uniform to be meaningless.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never felt a real need to rebel against anything, so why would I dress for the event I'm not attending?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't go out of my way to be rebellious, but I don't have a problem with being "unconventional" if it suits me. I'd probably rather look strange than dull, honestly. I like elegant, artsy stuff in general. Nothing outrageous, but definitely visually interesting.
    4w5 sp/sx MBTI INFP (Fi Ne)