Thread: Rurouni Kenshin

Bow to the Ninchucks Microknight's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rurouni Kenshin

Anybody here ever watch the anime Rurouni Kenshin? I'm not really a big anime/manga fan, but this was one that I liked enough to absorb. It's an anime that features fairly well fleshed out characters, and they are therefore fun to type. Stereotypes are evident, as most of the bad guys, both the well thought out and the one dimensional, are Beta and Gamma. A while back, I forced my friend to watch the first two seasons of this series, and afterward we discussed the types of various characters from the show. My buddy is familiar with Socionics and self types LIE, and I self type as ILI. Characters are presented in the order that they appeared in the show, and anywhere two typings are evident, the first one is the one that I eventually settled on.

Kenshin: LII (EII) Both have strong accompanying arguments. My initial thought at first was EII, but after a while I decided on LII. Regardless, Se PoLR seems clear.

Kaoru: ESE. We were unanimous on this one.

Dr Gensai: IEE

Yahiko: LSE I saw him as an aristocratic type and settled on LSE. Buddy says LIE.

Sanosuke: SEE. Seems counterintuitive at first since Kenshin is his friend, but then I realized that their relationship isn't a particularly close one, and Sanosuke is blatant Se leading Ti PoLR. He ignores systems and rules and just says "The way I see it..."

Jinei Udo: Some sort of crazy EP temperament? Unsure on this one.

Megumi Takani: LSE. Buddy says LSE due to what he read on the wiki about female LSEs. I had difficulties with this one and merely said EJ temperament.

Kanryu Takeda: LIE, unanimous. My LIE friend's response: "I was inclined to say ILE, because I thought like me, but a douchebag, but then I realized he was LIE."

Aoshi: ILI. Gamma values evident, IP temperament.

Raijuta: LSE, I thought originally. My buddy thinks LIE is a good possibility, and I agreed.

Hajime Saito: LSI. Ti seems clear, major ideological differences between him and Kenshin are due to Se.

Seta Soujiro: IEI (SEI). IP temperament, Ti value. There are two good arguments here for either type, and I'm interested what others may think for this character.

Misao: SEE Extraverted, yells too much, annoying, SF. I was originally inclined to call her ESE (because I dislike her), but after analysis of her values I yielded SEE. Her difference from Sanosuke seems stunning at first, but it might be resolved due to subtypes. Also, she's the only one to really get under Kenshin's skin, so conflict relations may be correct.

Shishio: SLE, and a badass character in general.

Yumi: Beta NF, I want to say IEI, but EIE may be correct.

Anji the Destroyer: ESI.

Houji: LSI.

Usui: SLE

Seijuro Hiko: SLI, we both independently came to this conclusion. In all honesty, he's about as SLI as they come. Loner, spends time crafting, superior physical skills, blunt.

Well, that's it for now. Where am I right and where am I wrong? Also, if you want me to explain more about any specific character typing, I'd be happy to oblige.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by atropos; 07-13-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: -

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using JCF on the valued functions (from what I remember)

kenshin - ESI (He does use Jungian Se over Ne. Socionics Si/Se descriptions are screwy. Aggression or fighting isn't what Se is, although it can be an effect as it was from his past of being dubbed the manslayer.)
    Seta Sojiro - SEI (Pretty sure IEI wouldn't make sense since his area of neurosis is Ne and he easily accepts Shishio's philosophy without ever really questioning it.)
    Sanosuke - SEE
    Kaoru - I don't remember her character too well. ESE seems weird considering how she enjoyed romanticizing her relationship with Kenshin. Isn't the dual-seeking function an area of neurosis that a dual can help get rid of? So in the case of Ti-DS there would sometimes be a strong desire to understand things. If she's Te-leading though, then her area of neurosis would be Fi for a sometimes strong desire to love (and in the case of socionics, perhaps romanticize?) another.
    Yahiko - Really don't remember. SEE with an emphasis on his HA over his creative and demonstrative would be my hazy guess though.
    Shishio - SLE

I don't remember the other characters very well. ILI sounds good to me for Aoshi and SEE for Misao.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't understand how Kenshin enforcing his rigid ethical code with his own Se somehow means his point of least resistance is Se. If that was his PoLR, he would be much more inclined to give in to another's Se. That's why dual's demonstrative is supposed to help one another because you pretty much accept it when it's provided (theoretically).

And I know it's fiction. But really? Does everyone really think this is Ne-creative? No one knows what I'm talking about?