Thread: I HATE MY NEW MEDS

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I HATE MY NEW MEDS

I hear everything an octave lower; music sounds like it's being played on a record player, this sucks!
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I hear everything an octave lower; music sounds like it's being played on a record player, this sucks!
    How does that even work? There are pills that can fuck you in the ear drum?
    Easy Day

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    How does that even work? There are pills that can fuck you in the ear drum?
    I don't think it's the ear drum necessarily; I think it's just a perception of things being lower.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's the ear drum necessarily; I think it's just a perception of things being lower.
    o.0 So how does it affect your other senses?
    Easy Day

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    o.0 So how does it affect your other senses?
    You insensitive bastard.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What, are these psychiatry medications? You don't need that stuff. They just were looking to make money off of somebody's emotional pain. There's no such thing as 'mental illness' in most cases. It's all a ruse to get people to spend money on something they don't need.

Avoid that shit like the plague, yo.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    What, are these psychiatry medications? You don't need that stuff. They just were looking to make money off of somebody's emotional pain. There's no such thing as 'mental illness' in most cases. It's all a ruse to get people to spend money on something they don't need.

Avoid that shit like the plague, yo.

I agree with you completely...

Morcheeba, follow instincts. If you're low on sugar, you gotta raise it to feel good; everything's about yin and yang...follow that instinct and you should be good.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    You insensitive bastard.
    What?! I didn't do anything! I swear!
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JWC3, it's that you'd rather know more about what else the meds alter rather than try to help her or so it seems but I don't see it that way at all dual <3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's the only side effect, I think that'd be rather interesting!
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by systm919 View Post
    JWC3, it's that you'd rather know more about what else the meds alter rather than try to help her or so it seems but I don't see it that way at all dual <3
    What's worse is the condescending people here who think they can help her. There are no qualified psychologists or psychiatrists here that I know of. Even then if there were no one knows about her condition or medical background.

It's just a bunch of projections from people who are likely in therapy themselves. And I say likely because its a relatively common discussion on this forum in my observation. Why I'm pretty sure at least one poster in this thread has received therapy - as they've mentioned it. It's like a fat person stuffing their face with chips while telling someone else not to eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    What's worse is the condescending people here who think they can help her. There are no qualified psychologists or psychiatrists here that I know of. Even then if there were no one knows about her condition or medical background.

It's just a bunch of projections from people who are likely in therapy themselves. And I say likely because its a relatively common discussion on this forum in my observation. Why I'm pretty sure at least one poster in this thread has received therapy -,that they've mentioned it. It's like a fat person stuffing their face with chips while telling someone else not to eat.
    Mean as hell dude. They say learn from the experienced rather than the expert. Help can be found in all places.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's just a bunch of projections from people who are likely in therapy themselves. And I say likely because its a relatively common discussion on this forum in my observation. Why I'm pretty sure at least one poster in this thread has received therapy - as they've mentioned it. It's like a fat person stuffing their face with chips while telling someone else not to eat.
    Read some heavy recent reports about how ineffective the drugs that psychiatrists have been "testing" on their clients and you can see how terrible the system has become.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Cyclops

Mean as hell dude. They say learn from the experienced rather than the expert. Help can be found in all places.
    Well you tell me what's the meanest, being honest about something or projecting bullshit advice and not even admitting it didn't help in the first hand.

I know what i'd prefer, but it's your choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you tell me what's the meanest, being honest about something or projecting bullshit advice and not even admitting it didn't help in the first hand.

I know what i'd prefer, but it's your choice.
    Bullshit advice sometimes is given with honest intentions

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not condescending. And I know I can help, because of life experiences. I was in therapy but it's just a scam to steal your money. All they care about is your money. They laugh about you and talk behind your back, please don't be naive. It's not helping anybody by not telling them this truth. That's just the reality of the situation. If you want to find a true friend that cares about your emotions and your issues, it has to be about heart and not fucking money. It has to be a gift.

If you want to find a therapist that's actually worth a shit, you have to go to a government-appointed place....where people are there because they have to be by law instead of by choice. So it's an interesting thing that those who break the rules are actually rewarded more than those that try to follow the capitalist way completely, eh?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rich people who don't want to be richer sound fucking awesome.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are nuts if you think there is no such thing as mental illness. I have been out of a job for a year now and sometimes can barely get out of bed and I can tell you it is not "emotional pain" as one of you decided to call it. Sure, there are things that can help, but you need meds. under certain circumstances. Now, if you are depressed because of life choices, well that is a different story.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boo meds

be a real animal
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the other hand, if you need them to function, then it is what it is. IDK, I thought I needed meds too, until I made a sincere effort at functioning without them. But you're you.

Under cerulean skies...

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You guys are nuts if you think there is no such thing as mental illness. I have been out of a job for a year now and sometimes can barely get out of bed and I can tell you it is not "emotional pain" as one of you decided to call it. Sure, there are things that can help, but you need meds. under certain circumstances. Now, if you are depressed because of life choices, well that is a different story.
    i thought you were doing heroin or something?

Creepy-Cyclops

Bullshit advice sometimes is given with honest intentions
    What a completely irrelevant statement. I said nothing about the intention of statements - just their usefulness and their source.

Now it is you who commented on the intentions of comments - mainly mine, ie it's mean as fuck. Now that's an opinion, and a ridiculous one at that.

Now, not only did my post have truth which did not involve subjective opinion, but it was also funny - you'll see someone even posted a lol over it. Now you may have heard of an old saying, which is laughter is the best medicine. Now it may not be the best, but it's still a medicine. Infact, given that my post contained accuracy, that it was funny, and that I made it even though predictable people like you would have the standard non-thinking response like yours did, it could well be said that my post is not the meanest, but indeed possibly the kindest - and least selfish here.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 06-19-2010 at 11:39 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    On the other hand, if you need them to function, then it is what it is. IDK, I thought I needed meds too, until I made a sincere effort at functioning without them. But you're you.
    Sometimes trying to function without meds is just so much hard work that there is no room to function anymore. I tried that for about three/four years and it was terrible because I felt like such a failure. Now I have been on meds for four years and I am back to how I was before the depression/anxiety kicked in. I am starting to lower my dosage now, but if I go back to being too depressed to do my work well or want to socialize or want to get out of bed again, I will up them again. Life is too short.

Morcheeba, I hope you can find the right meds. Maybe these are just side effects that will subside. I tried a few before my current combo and it's amazing. Good luck.

And I agree with Cyclops (YES, REALLY! :wink.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Creepy-Cyclops

Haha, I actually agree with you too Kim, lol, the joys

Just to sort of put an additional info in about medication. I had something happen to me which really hit me hard. The doctor suggested anti depressents for me - what she said was that sometimes drugs are useful even just for a while to give someone the impetus to get back on their feet, then their own momentum basically keeps them going.

I turned down the drugs as I was concerned that possible side affects could get me down in other ways, but perhaps I should have taken them.

So anyway, where I'm going is that I hope you get better Morcheeba. And to summarize, don't worry about people telling you to do this or not to do that on here - they are not experts, just do what is right for you in conjunction with the real people, all the best girl .

Creepy-male

Wow, I'd sugget avoiding meds personally.

What are they for?

I had problems last semester with a bad bad blood pressure medication and everyone was very skeptical about it. Its one of those things you really don't know until you've had to take meds on a regular basis and experienced awful side effects yourself, alot of drugs can really fuck with your system. On my medication, my legs felt like sandbags, I was tired all the time, I'd always feel this persistant tension/edginess, and I lost my sex drive completely for 3 weeks. In addition I'd get occasional surges of lightheadedness that were so extreme that one time my vision literally started to spiral. I got off the medication in late April, and all the way until late May I just kept getting better and better and my body would do all these wierd things while it was readjusting. Now I take a different medication I've had better experiences with. I haven't had any problems, and since its at a lower dosage the side-effects are very very mild almost unnoticable in comparison to the last time I took it.

Talk to your doctor, don't wait, let them know exactly every single side effect in great detail, and make sure your very scientific about the whole thing, doctors don't like ambiguity because most of them are trained in the tradition of science. If your doctor still wants you to take the meds, find a second opinion, or if it must be done stop taking the meds if you can survive without them, just be careful, as stop taking meds will cause your body to forcibly readjust all its systems, so be very gentle with yourself when you go off the meds... your body will do odd things, and if it effects your nervous system so will your mind. All you have to do is try to remain healthy for about a month and know that it will pass. Ideally though, I'd suggest finding a doctor who will work with you, they really are the experts... but there are so many to draw from, find one who you feel really cares about your health/well-being and is willing to work with you, don't be afraid to switch doctors, its really an important relationship and its your health so don't feel like you don't have the power here to choose which doctor/medication is best for you. If they really are a true doctor they will want to work with you to optimize conditions for your well-being, because thats why most people become doctors, to help people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a completely irrelevant statement. I said nothing about the intention of statements - just their usefulness and their source.

Now it is you who commented on the intentions of comments - mainly mine, ie it's mean as fuck. Now that's an opinion, and a ridiculous one at that.

Now, not only did my post have truth which did not involve subjective opinion, but it was also funny - you'll see someone even posted a lol over it. Now you may have heard of an old saying, which is laughter is the best medicine. Now it may not be the best, but it's still a medicine. Infact, given that my post contained accuracy, that it was funny, and that I made it even though predictable people like you would have the standard non-thinking response like yours did, it could well be said that my post is not the meanest, but indeed possibly the kindest - and least selfish here.
    Now you lost me. The argument was that no one here is qualified to help her. I suppose that means you buy into the whole 'one with a degree is better than one who is without'. Understand this, I've seen so called experts for certain things that my friends' advice happened to be more useful.

Funny is not a legitimate reason why your post is kinder. I could have told her to take a soda bottle, shake it well, shove it up her bum and reach down her throat to open it. That's amusing to me and I'm sure also to others but it's not in the least bit kind or helpful.

As for your post having truth to it, that's your opinion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amen.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmh yeah I guess I know the feeling, I had that when I took a really strong anti-inflammatory for a dentary extraction. Everything felt like it was "playing" at lower volume, and it also seemed like the entire world had slowed down. If I were depressed, that would probably have made me even more depressed.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You had your jaw removed? I think the word you're looking for is "dental."

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    You had your jaw removed? I think the word you're looking for is "dental."
    Oh uhm sorry yeah that's right, I had two impacted wisdom teeth removed at once
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I'm not condescending. And I know I can help, because of life experiences. I was in therapy but it's just a scam to steal your money. All they care about is your money. They laugh about you and talk behind your back, please don't be naive. It's not helping anybody by not telling them this truth. That's just the reality of the situation. If you want to find a true friend that cares about your emotions and your issues, it has to be about heart and not fucking money. It has to be a gift.

If you want to find a therapist that's actually worth a shit, you have to go to a government-appointed place....where people are there because they have to be by law instead of by choice. So it's an interesting thing that those who break the rules are actually rewarded more than those that try to follow the capitalist way completely, eh?
    This may be true where you are from, but on the whole this is a load of BS.
    1. psychiatric care is free in the UK, so is not a scam to get your money. There are private therapists and they will follow a particualr school. Some are better than others and some a more suitable for some peope than others.
    2. Medication is available through the NHS in the UK, again not a scam purely to make money. Again some medication helps some more than others.

Of course therapists and counsellors make money, that is their job and they work in a demanding, high skilled area. Private practitioners run businesses, this does not mean they do not care. I know many people who've turned their lives around for the better after finding the right person and method to help. I'm also friends with a lot of people in the field, sometimes they're jaded, and yes sometimes they do laugh behind their clients backs, it doesn't mean they don't care. They're just trying to find their own way to deal with other peoples bullshit. I've read a number of your posts, I really don't think you're in the best position to give others advice on their mental health.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are nuts if you think there is no such thing as mental illness.
    No, but how will they sell their meds and charge their desperate patients?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.