Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: ENFp singers

  1. #1

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hillary Duff's so very ISFP.

    I think Kurt Hammet from Metallica is an ENFP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    near the beach
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm... i find it somehow hard to believe that Hilary Duff is ISFp, because I think she's an intuitive.

    I agree that Kirk Hammet from Metallica is an ENFp. Definately an NF.
    me

  4. #4
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Hillary Duff's so very ISFP.

    I think Kurt Hammet from Metallica is an ENFP.
    duuuuuuuuude!

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Duff doesn't strike me as ENFp. Did she get a nose job? She used to be much more attractive.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There really is a guy named "Tony Kakko"? He chose "Kakko" as his pseudonym? If he ever decides to make it big in the German-speaking countries, boy is he going to be surprised...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Hillary Duff's so very ISFP.

    I think Kurt Hammet from Metallica is an ENFP.
    duuuuuuuuude!
    ... is that a good or bad thing?


    @ENFperator: something else about Hammet that I can say is that I think he is in a relationship of Duality with James Hetfield. Hammet was saying how he always tries to reduce the ego level and not stand out like the average Rock superstar-dickhead. He also tries to sooth things over between Hetfield and Lars when they get in conflicts with each other. The tensions between those two seem fairly common (ISTP and ISFP). Lars is big into the artzy type stuff, and is actually a bit of baby with all of the fits he throws and the whining he does. Anyway, yeah, Kurt Hammet's ENFP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  8. #8
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what is it with istp's and their obsession with metallica? and bruce lee?
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    what is it with istp's and their obsession with metallica? and bruce lee?
    because James Hetfield is istp. duh.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  10. #10
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    narcissism?
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ... empathy?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    near the beach
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    There really is a guy named "Tony Kakko"? He chose "Kakko" as his pseudonym? If he ever decides to make it big in the German-speaking countries, boy is he going to be surprised...
    I think that it's his real name. Don't know what that means in Finnland, but, yeah, that reminds me of one particular german word... I've read that his band already have played in German speaking countries, but none of the repoters seem to care about his name, at least I haven't heard that someone would make fun of it. But what do you think, could it be that he's an ENFp?
    me

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    near the beach
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

    @ENFperator: something else about Hammet that I can say is that I think he is in a relationship of Duality with James Hetfield. Hammet was saying how he always tries to reduce the ego level and not stand out like the average Rock superstar-dickhead. He also tries to sooth things over between Hetfield and Lars when they get in conflicts with each other. The tensions between those two seem fairly common (ISTP and ISFP). Lars is big into the artzy type stuff, and is actually a bit of baby with all of the fits he throws and the whining he does. Anyway, yeah, Kurt Hammet's ENFP.
    Interesting... one of the best metal bands is Delta/Alpha.
    me

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  15. #15
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ENFperator
    Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    There really is a guy named "Tony Kakko"? He chose "Kakko" as his pseudonym? If he ever decides to make it big in the German-speaking countries, boy is he going to be surprised...
    I think that it's his real name. Don't know what that means in Finnland, but, yeah, that reminds me of one particular german word... I've read that his band already have played in German speaking countries, but none of the repoters seem to care about his name, at least I haven't heard that someone would make fun of it. But what do you think, could it be that he's an ENFp?
    I've never heard of him before, sorry. His name made me think that vicious reviewers could write a really brief review on his music. Headline: "Tony Kakko". Review: "Indeed."

  16. #16
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by ENFperator
    Interesting... one of the best metal bands is Delta/Alpha.
    I think my ass is talking, but I think that metal may be heavily Alpha/Delta.

    Alot of it seems to me to be something like "safe" anger. Silly stuff like "Garrr, the dragon awakes from his slumber! Fire nostrils breathing hate! Arrrgh!"...stuff like that. The kind of stuff that has to construct new worlds to deal with issues of being dominated over by life.

    Ehhh, I was never into metal whatsoever anyway, so I don't have that much info. to make an assumption like that....I guess all types can make and like cheesy music...
    Thrash metal = Alpha/Beta

    Epic/Power/ = Delta/Alpha

    Death = Gamma/Delta
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  17. #17
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Quote Originally Posted by ENFperator
    Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    There really is a guy named "Tony Kakko"? He chose "Kakko" as his pseudonym? If he ever decides to make it big in the German-speaking countries, boy is he going to be surprised...
    I think that it's his real name. Don't know what that means in Finnland, but, yeah, that reminds me of one particular german word... I've read that his band already have played in German speaking countries, but none of the repoters seem to care about his name, at least I haven't heard that someone would make fun of it. But what do you think, could it be that he's an ENFp?
    I've never heard of him before, sorry. His name made me think that vicious reviewers could write a really brief review on his music. Headline: "Tony Kakko". Review: "Indeed."
    Dare I ask what Kakko means in German?

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  18. #18
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Hillary Duff's so very ISFP.

    I think Kurt Hammet from Metallica is an ENFP.
    duuuuuuuuude!
    ... is that a good or bad thing?

    Niether, I just felt like saying that.

  19. #19
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Dare I ask what Kakko means in German?
    Sorry, I only saw this today. Kakko sounds like Kacke, which means "crap".

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    near the beach
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Thrash metal = Alpha/Beta

    Epic/Power/ = Delta/Alpha

    Death = Gamma/Delta
    And what is Gothic/Doom metal - Delta/Gamma?
    me

  21. #21
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ENFperator
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Thrash metal = Alpha/Beta

    Epic/Power/ = Delta/Alpha

    Death = Gamma/Delta
    And what is Gothic/Doom metal - Delta/Gamma?
    Its crap so lets go with Gamma.

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  22. #22
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Quote Originally Posted by ENFperator
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Thrash metal = Alpha/Beta

    Epic/Power/ = Delta/Alpha

    Death = Gamma/Delta
    And what is Gothic/Doom metal - Delta/Gamma?
    Its crap so lets go with Gamma.
    I think Gamma is not particularly metal, generally.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    near the beach
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Its crap so lets go with Gamma.
    I think that Gothic rock/metal represents certain aspects (but not the whole) of gamma and delta mentality. For example, if you mix ISTp’s rebelliousness, mysteriousness and depressiveness with INFj’s sentimentality and melancholy, then that’s the kind of expression you get.
    me

  24. #24
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does anyone here like happy music? Whats your favorite happy song, or group?

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    near the beach
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Does anyone here like happy music? Whats your favorite happy song, or group?
    I like music of various kinds, it just depends on my mood. One example that comes to my mind is “It’s a beautiful day” by U2 . Perhaps Queen’s “Bohemian rhapsody”, “Bycicle race” and “I want to break free” can be considered as rather funny than happy songs.
    me

  26. #26
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ENFperator
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Does anyone here like happy music? Whats your favorite happy song, or group?
    I like music of various kinds, it just depends on my mood. One example that comes to my mind is “It’s a beautiful day” by U2 . Perhaps Queen’s “Bohemian rhapsody”, “Bycicle race” and “I want to break free” can be considered as rather funny than happy songs.
    HA! I knew it, Queen has come up a number of times with different Delta types. I might be going out on a limb but I think most of Delta like that group for some reason. Even the other Delta's I know outside of this forum have at the Best of Queen CD. My favorite song on it is "My Best Friend"
    I also like U2, even from the earlier days. Right now Im listening to Bjork, Homogenic. Shes trippy.

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    near the beach
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One reason why Delta types like Queen, might be because Brian May is ENFp and Roger Taylor perhaps is ISTp (?). What do you think? Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not particulary good at VI.
    me

  28. #28
    Atlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Joss Stone sounds very ENFP in the interviews. "I might be singing out of key but it sure feels good to me"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •