Thread: The funny part

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default The funny part....

People can't even agree what a function is, and how each functions work. They go around building these being fantasy elaborations of things, yet they we can't even agree on the root information of a theory. Everyones idealization of every type is different, how is asking someone to define the function they are talking about "not efficient"?
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I award you the medal of honor for ranting.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Searching for precise definitions is the beginning of everything.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not everything can be verbalized.

Also, in a way socionics implies that people will see elements differently depending on their own type.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Not everything can be verbalized.

Also, in a way socionics implies that people will see elements differently depending on their own type.
    Isn't that even more of a reason to ask someone to define something? You always have a big debate that the people's opinions on the subject are so conflicting that they don't even understand what each other or talking about. It usually either ends up with people debating and arguing over socionics types, or it ends up with people just agreeing on random details because they want to look good to others because they like to look intelligent. They usually say stuff like "Yes Si is inquisitive environmental accessing protocol analyzer gadgetizer that allows us to facilitate the inequalities in our imbalanced self".
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    People can't even agree what a function is, and how each functions work. They go around building these being fantasy elaborations of things, yet they we can't even agree on the root information of a theory. Everyones idealization of every type is different, how is asking someone to define the function they are talking about "not efficient"?

one of the few things i agree with hitta on. but good job basically summing up why socionics is useless.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He has a point though. People do this shit a bit too much: "Yes Si is inquisitive environmental accessing protocol analyzer gadgetizer that allows us to facilitate the inequalities in our imbalanced self".

I loled when I read that.

There has to be some objective definition we all agree on, some sort of foundation- or nothing works. That's why I think, you should see how well people understand socionics based on the most vaguest definitions that were created by the original founders. Ie what 'external dynamics of objects' means. Otherwise people have a tendency to twist the functions to mean what they want them to mean in their own heads..which is too easy to do because socionics is based so much on internal psychology, that people forget to be objective. And it happens sort of where people's brains turn neurotic and weird and creepy and sociopathic and too disconnected from raw reality.

I guess to be blunt: Everybody acts like an asshole to people over the internet because it's fun/easy to do, but it makes serious debates too hard, and it intimidates others from sharing their perspectives and viewpoints. I'd love to see more debates where people can be cool and respectful. Where we can keep a truly intellectual discussion going without any personal insults...but to get there, people have to stop crappily and stupidly arguing over the raw foundations of the theory.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

I guess to be blunt: Everybody acts like an asshole to people over the internet because it's fun/easy to do, but it makes serious debates too hard, and it intimidates others from sharing their perspectives and viewpoints. I'd love to see more debates where people can be cool and respectful. Where we can keep a truly intellectual discussion going without any personal insults...but to get there, people have to stop crappily and stupidly arguing over the raw foundations of the theory.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. I'm not holding my breath with that one.

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Functions and elements can be described but not really defined. Defining them would be like defining colours.

Define red! Define green! It doesn't work. We can just agree that blood is red and grass is green. But how can you know that I don't see blood as what you call green and grass as what you call red? It is conceiveable...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The misunderstandings are part of the fun. Its probably going to be another decade before the public at large adopts my definitions. Until that time, I'll just derive entertainment from the way everyone still struggles.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need only roughly defenitions so you can find them in real life, and then extract your own more defined mental picture of what that function is.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism View Post
    Doesn't seem out of reach.
    I don't think it is. You and I have had our disagreements in the past, but I think we've both had a lot more experience since we've had any serious debate, and I feel like our discussions thus far have been fairly productive; we've avoided any serious epistemological issues and have mainly kept to consensus type-relevant information.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess we're low on haters.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request