Thread: Si

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Si

What's wrong with my Si and how can I fix it?
    I wonder sometimes if it's just god's way of playing tricks on me. Sometimes, when I'm craving ice cream, I find myself getting sushi instead. Ice Cream > Sushi??? Other times, I know I'm hungry or I don't know that I'm hungry, I really don't know what I'm feeling or what I'm feeling up for or up to. I can't tell if I need rest or work, or if I need food or a hug. I just don't get what I'm feeling inside or what I'm feeling it for...It just doesn't make sense to me. The logic of Si doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone help me fix it?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-14-2010 at 02:19 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand your problem. If you want ice creams, stay with it and then you will soon have an icez cream in your hand ready for the consumption.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No function can be "fixed".
    The end is nigh

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I don't understand your problem. If you want ice creams, stay with it and then you will soon have an icez cream in your hand ready for the consumption.
    I want many things, I just don't know what I'm feeling for wanting...does that make sense, like it's all converging, ice cream, hug, food, tea, sushi, steak, pasta, salad, wine, cheese, pizza, so many things, it all converges into confusion...how do I sort it all out and pick one.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you could test them all out and see what you like best at a certain time. I would just focus on sweet and tasty things if you are hungry, and go for hugs if you need something physical.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, you could test them all out and see what you like best at a certain time. I would just focus on sweet and tasty things if you are hungry, and go for hugs if you need something physical.
    that's probably it, I don't know or can't tell if I need sweet/food/tasty or physical, I tried it on my own to sort of have a schedule of eating, tasting, whatever, but couldn't keep up with it for long because other feelings kinda got in the way and it just fell apart
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I would prolly eat because you don't need anyone else for that, but then you should cuddle and burn calories.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well I would prolly eat because you don't need anyone else for that, but then you should cuddle and burn calories.
    I guess eating anything would do right as long as I eat something.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may be looking to blend with the Si impulses of others.
    I know EIIs who are very...... indecisive...... about Si matters.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I wonder sometimes if it's just god's way of playing tricks on me. Sometimes, when I'm craving ice cream, I find myself getting sushi instead. Ice Cream > Sushi??? Other times, I know I'm hungry or I don't know that I'm hungry, I really don't know what I'm feeling or what I'm feeling up for or up to. I can't tell if I need rest or work, or if I need food or a hug. I just don't get what I'm feeling inside or what I'm feeling it for...It just doesn't make sense to me. The logic of Si doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone help me fix it?
    Whisky Tango Foxtrot are you talking about?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Ryu fixed it by essentially saying that I need to go with someone else's lead on Si...that I am indecisive with Si matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    You may be looking to blend with the Si impulses of others.
    I know EIIs who are very...... indecisive...... about Si matters.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Lima Oscar Lima, over and out.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Over and out? That's a contradiction! Over means "End Transmission, expecting response." Out means "End Transmission, not expecting response."

</pet peeve>

Over.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My advice to you would be to meditate. When you meditate, you get more in touch with your base physical senses. They come alive again. Like most internet message board goers you probably have an over-active mind and you think too much in concepts and stuff. It's not that your mind is the enemy or anything, you're just over-using it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is not related to ice cream and sushi.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Land Mail Art Objects for real.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Si is not related to ice cream and sushi.
    Isn't it related to sensations?
    -

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder sometimes if it's just god's way of playing tricks on me. Sometimes, when I'm craving ice cream, I find myself getting sushi instead. Ice Cream > Sushi???
    Maybe it is related to low blood sugar, and not to Si.

I used to have problems with strange cravings in the afternoon after lunch, but I didn't know what I wanted, and nothing worked. I tried water, coffee, candy, food, nothing helped.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've had full physicals. Blood work and all, nothing abnormal.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want many things, I just don't know what I'm feeling for wanting...does that make sense, like it's all converging, ice cream, hug, food, tea, sushi, steak, pasta, salad, wine, cheese, pizza, so many things, it all converges into confusion...how do I sort it all out and pick one.
    sounds like you need Ti...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    sounds like you need Ti...
    or Te..right "how to do something"
    Algorythms?

Te-Pick best available methods
    Ti-Pick best available systems

Systems fail because I ignor them once they are in place and opt for Fi, my personal values drive my understanding of how things should go and be.

Extraverted logic is also called Processual or Practical Logic.

It estimates everything in terms of efficiency: not abstract analysis, but "how to make it work?", and not systems, but methods. They are energetic, active, and mobile. As scientists, they are strong in improvement of methods, but often they choose a business career. However, people who work together with them, often blame these types of being "too dry, cold-hearted", even in spite of their high emotionality. In general, this type of thinking may be called “algorithmic”.

Introverted logic is also called Systematic Logic, or Structural Logic.

This type of logic is inertial. Instead of “making things work” , it rather focuses on elimination of contradictions, on systematization, or in more general meaning – on “justice” (if it only exists). The types for which this function is dominant are often not too energetic, they are rather stable-mooded, work without noticeable “falls” and “rises”, logical and reticent in their sayings and deeds. On the one hand, other people respect them for being “just”, for their cold and sober analysis of situations; on the other, they do not “feel people” well.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-14-2010 at 08:07 PM.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    For confusion Ti would be the best remedy. But for Fi types this causes adverse reactions .
    What would Te, Ti do?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-14-2010 at 08:30 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ti -will try to determine the time that it is, for instance during lunch you do not eat ice cream first. this is the law. You eat ice cream during ice cream time. During snack time we have a snack. For lunch, it is the law to eat a sandwich or a salad; for dinner we eat dinner items.

But what if I am craving ice cream at odd times? what then with Ti?

You see, I know my brother in law LSI very well and getting away with things outside his "laws" of how things should be according to my values is really difficult with him and sometimes he frustrates me easily.

With my LSE cousin, I do what I want as long as I don't get hurt. If she senses that I will not feel well because of an action I take, she'll tell me, but not interfere emotionally to stop me. She will tell me "why don't you wait to do that until after dinner, when we can do it together." Ti, I find, does not communicate with me very well, instead, they will silently disapprove or hold their emotions in until one day, when they feel that they can let out all of their values/laws that they have in their head about things that I have done "wrong" ...exhausting. I would rather someone be open, blunt, and honest to me about what they are feeling and what they want on the go, even if they feel it may hurt my emotions then to hold their thoughts in then to do what my brother-in-law does with his setting subjective laws/rules about the things that he determines to be "true" or "correct" and silently or sometimes verbally making me adhear to his systems, which I often don't want or like.

FeNi holds TiSe to their systems by keeping track of the time they spend on tasks...they work really well together. I keep track of plans and undemandingly regulate the flow of time.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-14-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    -

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And as it turns out, all Si leading types are asian sumo wrestlers because they can't stop eating ice cream and sushi.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti -will try to determine the time that it is, for instance during lunch you do not eat ice cream first. this is the law. You eat ice cream during ice cream time. During snack time we have a snack. For lunch, it is the law to eat a sandwich or a salad; for dinner we eat dinner items.
    Sorry but this is the most preposterous thing I've heard in quite a while and definitely not true when applied to me or my ISTj brother.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but this is the most preposterous thing I've heard in quite a while and definitely not true when applied to me or my ISTj brother.
    I agree! lol struck me funny though.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I agree! lol struck me funny though.
    Why don't we ask Diana.

LSI - brother in law's common saying. "everything has it's time and must be done according to that time, tradition, or rule/law." Sounds very box like kind of thinking isn't it? Rigid and confined? Well that's exactly what J is.

Absolutely, this is how Ti thinks.

Labcoat, you may not be INTj or ISTj.

I called my Brother-in-law just now to ask him:

me -"hi, what or how would you recommend if I asked you to tell me what I should eat because I can't decide"
    him -"what do you mean, that depends on what time you are eating"
    me -"for lunch"
    him -"accordingly to a rule (translating from armenian) one eats sandwiches for lunch"
    me -how about if I experience mixed sensations and I want to eat ice cream now
    him -"by a rule, you don't eat ice cream before you eat lunch"
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-14-2010 at 09:44 PM.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't we ask Diana.

LSI - brother in law's common saying. "everything has it's time and must be done according to that time, tradition, or rule/law." Sounds very box like kind of thinking isn't it? Rigid and confinded? Well that's exactly what J is.

Absolutely, this is how Ti thinks.

Labcoat, you may not be INTj or ISTj.
    maybe (or maybe not) J but what about Ti creative in SLE? No way.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard her view echoed by Rick as well, even though it's definitely not true in the case of LSI father. I doubt if Rick has mistyped so many people or that Kant isn't Ti dominant, so a reasonable conclusion is that it's not a necessary manifestation of Ti dominance.

Frankly, I think it may in part be socially motivated. We live in the lap of luxury and it's all too easy these days to ignore discipline in favor of creature comforts or when faced with modern conveniences.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you people think is the Ti brain if it does not make strict and confined box like thinking about systems/ rules of and judges the outside information by these box like thinking?

Redbaron, SLE are much more flexible with this regard. They will instead give suggestions or start naming off foods and wait for the other person to respond to an option.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redbaron, SLE are much more flexible with this regard. They will instead give suggestions or start naming off foods and wait for the other person to respond to an option.
    yes.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yes.
    See where the conflict comes in with me and SLE?

I am confused enough by my own internal sensations, they don't make the matter easier by naming off more things and then waiting for me to decide, because it will take either too long for me to do so or will cause further frustration within me. LSE know what to eat when, because they have Si in their ego block and have a very good touch with their idea of good food or sensations so all they do is lead and I follow with that regard.

SLE are not crude, mean, rude or harmful people; all this BS that goes on around here really pisses me off sometimes. Simply, that our ways of thinking do not click or compliment one another. Just simply that.

If people choose to be mean, it is due to them either seeking to entertain themselves or others, but by no means I think it is tied to type.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See where the conflict comes in with me and SLE?

I am confused enough by my own internal sensations, they don't make the matter easier by naming off more things and then waiting for me to decide, because it will take either too long for me to do so or will cause further frustration within me. LSE know what to eat when, because they have Si in their ego block and have a very good touch with their idea of good food or sensations so all they do is lead and I follow with that regard.

SLE are not crude, mean, rude or harmful people; all this BS that goes on around here really pisses me off sometimes. Simply, that our ways of thinking do not click or compliment one another. Just simply that.

If people choose to be mean, it is due to them either seeking to entertain themselves or others, but by no means I think it is tied to type.
    agreed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3