View Poll Results: What do you think is the type of Charlie?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • IEI

2 100.00%
  • EII

0 0%
  • ILI

0 0%
  • LII

0 0%
  • SLI

0 0%
  • LSI

0 0%
  • SEI

0 0%
  • ESI

0 0%
  • other

0 0%

Thread: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The character who writes the letters in the new book "The perks of being a wall flower"

What type do you think?

I would think the anger and aggression issues might be a bit telling though I'm not entirely sure.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Book/movie. Care to type the characters?

Charlie:
    Sam:
    Patrick:

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I believe I made a thread on this some time ago. I'd have to re-read the book to be certain so consider this simply a stab in the dark. I would guess Charlie (He's the main character, yes?) is EII. When I made the thread I was conflicted between IEI and EII, and yes opposing quadras are very different, but this is fiction so he tends to blur the lines of interpersonal possibility a bit.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ghlight=flower

It seems when I made the thread I was leaning more towards IEI *chuckles*
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the idea of being a Wallflower is very Ni-esque, but i guess that since both EII and IEI have Ni as a 4D function it doesnt particularly help quantifying between the two. My inkling though is that he's an EII, but the writer himself IEI. Sam strikes me as very EP.

Overall i loved the book.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The movie seemed to have him as INFx. Great story highly recommend it to anyone who went through highschool.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ewww I never watched the movie but I hated Charlie in the book. I am a vulnerable person by nature but his character was just annoyingly vulnerable, whiny, innocent and .... ugh. How is he even IEI? I would think an IEI would be a little more transgressive and just cooler in general?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    I think Charlie is EII. I've read the book & have seen the movie, but it's been awhile. I can see IEI as a possibility, too. After reading the book, I goggled, and a lot of people seem to think Charlie's character is autistic.
    His best friend comes off as pretty EIE. I guess he could be really IEE, doesn't make much sense though. The movie seemed VERY beta in its approuch and portrayl.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    I think Charlie is EII. I've read the book & have seen the movie, but it's been awhile. I can see IEI as a possibility, too. After reading the book, I goggled, and a lot of people seem to think Charlie's character is autistic.

He showed several points of aggression, for example punching the guys beating up his friend. It seemd like something the wallflower IEI might suddenly do if an emergency called upon him. He also seemd very victim like romantically, like when he got stuck in that relationship with that goth girl.