Hybrid View

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So, am I ENTj? Little help...

Hi, I recently took an interest in Socionics, but I don't really know much of it. A friend of mine who's into Socionics told me I was a LIE (ENTj), and upon reading the descriptions it does seem to fit me better than ENTp, or any Ethical type. Normally I'd tell you guys a little about myself, but I'm a bit tired, and I don't know what information would be relevant to my typing (since I know next to nothing of this). So I figured you guys could ask me anything you thought is relevant to my type (or to confirm it, or whatever).
    Last edited by Aleksei; 06-13-2010 at 06:14 AM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you have a good understanding of what Si function means?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the most important thing in life to you?

What is the least important thing in life to you?

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Do you believe in self-development? Did you use how-to's for that, or something?
    I do, on both counts; although 1) I'm more likely to want to try and figure out my own plan rather than get help from books or whatever, or else read a self-help book and analyze the instructions to see if I can improve on them (usually by connecting to something else related I'd learned previously), and 2) more often than I'd like I lack the self-discipline to follow through on self-improvement plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Do you have a good understanding of what Si function means?
    I have a very good understanding of what it means in MBTI (reliance on memory, past events, collected data, learned skills and principles, etc), but I don't know if it's the same in Socionics.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    What is the most important thing in life to you?

What is the least important thing in life to you?
    Ooh, that's a tough one. The most important thing in life for me, is probably success and living the good life. I wanna be rich, I want the finer things in life, and especially I want plenty of leisure time to enjoy it all. Secondary to that I want to be respected and admired, and I want to have good relations with people. I want good friends, love, and though it's not a major goal I would certainly not mind being famous. In particular though, I crave being surrounded by intelligent people I can have interesting conversations with. I can get along with pretty much anybody, but I prefer talking to fellow nerdlingers.

EDIT- Scratch that, wrong order. Correct order: 1) Intellectually stimulating social interaction, 2) good relations with people, 3) the good life (in the material sense), 4) leisure.

Least important thing? Hmm, probably the world's major problems, save where those problems put me or mine in jeopardy. The spotted tortoise (or w/e) can go fuck itself. :wink: I do have a strong theoretical interest in political theory, but in practice, lately I just don't give much of a shit.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 06-13-2010 at 10:03 PM.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this guy. Can I claim him for my quadra?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Which one of the below do you value for you more then the other?

Fe -traditional values and morals, that which your parents or your family traditions have passed down to you
    Fi -your personal values and morals, the things you have determined to be true for you, these may be drastically different from that of the tradition you come from.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi, most definitely.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Which one of the below do you value for you more then the other?

Fe -traditional values and morals, that which your parents or your family traditions have passed down to you
    Fi -your personal values and morals, the things you have determined to be true for you, these may be drastically different from that of the tradition you come from.
    Without any exaggeration, I must say that the above description is the worst contrast of Fe and Fi I've ever seen.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I haven't given much thought to the other types, but I can see LIE/ENTj. I'm pretty much certain of Se/Ni valuing - you use a central framework of defining "success", the "good life", "improvement", "finer things", "intelligent people", etc.

The types I know, in my experience, to use this comparative approach to such large extent are LSI/ISTj (usually in private), SLE/ESTp and LIE/ENTj. I'm going for the latter two.

I'm leaning much towards LIE/ENTj, because these Beta types use to also discriminate things to categories: besides better/worse and best/worst, they use "suited for" and "not suited for".
    Ahh, I see. Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Hi, I recently took an interest in Socionics, but I don't really know much of it. A friend of mine who's into Socionics told me I was a LIE (ENTj), and upon reading the descriptions it does seem to fit me better than ENTp, or any Ethical type. Normally I'd tell you guys a little about myself, but I'm a bit tired, and I don't know what information would be relevant to my typing (since I know next to nothing of this). So I figured you guys could ask me anything you thought is relevant to my type (or to confirm it, or whatever).
    Good day. In time the answer will come to you. For the time being, be selective about who you choose to listen to. If you have self awareness, then you will find your socionic type. That is of course only if you wish.