Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Hello.

Hi, I'm Absurd, and I've been redirected. Re-born LSE, that is.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I'm Aiss, your new supervisor. Do as you're bid and you shall keep your new rank.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool. You pay your group dues directly to me.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

*chases Absurd out of the Delta quadra*

Imposter!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*lures him back in with a piece of cheese*

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL this whole exchange is hilarious!

Absurd ur really LSE now? what made u rest on this type?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the cool club!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Cool. You pay your group dues directly to me.
    that's my line . . .
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

Imposter!
    Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    *lures him back in with a piece of cheese*
    Good thing I am hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    LOL this whole exchange is hilarious!

Absurd ur really LSE now? what made u rest on this type?
    Look.to.the.sky and April.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Hello, I'm Aiss, your new supervisor. Do as you're bid and you shall keep your new rank.
    I love ranks. Big rank, little ranks.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always had a feeling ISTj wasn't your real type.

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

Imposter!
    You EJs and your violence. Tsk tsk.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I always had a feeling ISTj wasn't your real type.
    Had the same thoughts about you being INTp.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gammas are too productive, pragmatic

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What's left is to wish them best of luck.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't want to distract them. They could drop something.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Like a watch or something. Oops! Look at the time.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post

Look.to.the.sky and April.
    I didn't ask WHO made you rest on this type. . .I asked WHAT!!

Creepy-Cyclops

I thought you'd said LSI fitted you perfectly? I think you VI as LSI too.

I think it's fair to say we get on well enough. I have some laughs talking to you and I think you do when talking to me as well. I'm not sure if thats due to shared IEs or simply that we've got similar hobbies and interests, in part from general life and from being in ST club. What do you think?

Either way its good to have you round 'here' or w/e it's called - a refreshing and possibly needed change imo.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always gotten an alpha vibe from absurd, for some reason. I think he's too funny, chill, and open-minded to be LSI.

p.s. I thought IEI "fit me perfectly" for 6 months.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ahh, this thread.

I didn't ask WHO made you rest on this type. . .I asked WHAT!!
    What as in V.I ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I thought you'd said LSI fitted you perfectly? I think you VI as LSI too.
    Different schools of V.I. Great. What next. I mean, if it is that subjective what's the point in V.I ?

I think it's fair to say we get on well enough. I have some laughs talking to you and I think you do when talking to me as well. I'm not sure if thats due to shared IEs or simply that we've got similar hobbies and interests, in part from general life and from being in ST club. What do you think?
    Yeah, you seem to be okay.

Either way its good to have you round 'here' or w/e it's called - a refreshing and possibly needed change imo.
    Yes, a change. Cheers.

I've always gotten an alpha vibe from absurd, for some reason. I think he's too funny, chill, and open-minded to be LSI.
    What is this alpha vibe you're getting - 1, 2, 3, 4 ?

Creepy-Cyclops

And LSI's are therefore not funny, can't relax on eg chatbox or listen to what someone says? Are you sure it's fair to project such negative characteristics on an LSI directly or indirectly? Maybe its worth being a little mindful of such a thing, take alpha user Johndo, seems only to listen to himself with all his ideas on dcnh faces etc for instance, unless you're meaning something else?

Creepy-Cyclops

Different schools of V.I. Great. What next. I mean, if it is that subjective what's the point in V.I ?
    Because with it one can type immediately. In regards to the word subjective, id say everything in socionics is subjective in the end pretty much. I suppose id prefer the word personal for VI. I know that it can work for me, however if using it - esp from one or two photos it's important imo for the user to admit they can be wrong.

In regards to you being Te dominant, I haven't seen you make the sort of lengthy in some cases meandering posts that the Te dominants make, essentially dealing with facts.

If you are Te, which of course you may well be, I haven't seen it - yet - as a dominant function, perhaps I'm wrong. Well try it out see if you like it, after all it is free

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I only made this thread on a request. Hit the official one. You'll find an answer to your question(?) there. Who knows, maybe Pinocchio changes his mind on your type. That would be a good thing - wouldn't it ?

EDIT: About the facts. I don't know what should I talk about. Facts in socionics ?

Last edited by Absurd; 06-13-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Creepy-Cyclops

My input is voluntary and I've posted here, I haven't been aware of this other thread but seen no real issues chatting to you here, delta tends to have less noise and imo leads to more enjoyable and easy to follow conversations. If you like you can copy paste them to the other thread you refer to as its too much effort for me while currently on my cell phone.

I'm not particularly interested in Pinnochios typing of me, and I've no idea why you bring it up or why it'd matter to your type. However if I have to post on another thread before you're kind enough to answer my questions then no thanks, maybe later. Although it does occur to me that I've nothing to benefit from this personally so I'm not sure why you're se'ing me about, w/e stay delta, lol. Eh maybe you just want to keep things organised and have your presumably connected thread for discussing your..and my type by Pinnochio on it, or something else *shrug*

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My input is voluntary and I've posted here, I haven't been aware of this other thread but see no issues chatting to you here. If you like you can copy paste them to the other thread you refer to.

I'm not particularly interested in Pinnochios typing of me, and I've no idea why you bring it up or why it'd matter to your type. However if I have to post on another thread before you're kind enough to answer my questions then no thanks, maybe later. Although it does occur to me that I've nothing to benefit from this personally so I'm not sure why you're se'ing me about, w/e stay delta, lol. Eh maybe you just want to keep things organised and have your presumably connected thread for discussing your..and my type by Pinnochio on it, or something else *shrug*
    I'm good. Ask some good old Delta questions and I'll be sure to answer them. I'm still waiting for this Delta leader, so. The reason why I brought this up is implied in in my previous post to you.

It's easy, like saying luckysupport or Ridella.

Creepy-Cyclops

p.s. I thought IEI "fit me perfectly" for 6 months.
    What's important in this instance is why Absurd was so sure of being LSI, the reasons might be completely different from yours.

I'm personally not convinced he thinks he's LSE, from the little I know of Absurd, he could well just be having a laugh.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, either way, once Absurd starts posting around here more now that he feels more comfortable as a Delta, he can determine if TeSi is the correct typing for himself. If he is Beta, he'll know soon enough, especially if he gets into a discussion with enough NeFi.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What's important in this instance is why Absurd was so sure of being LSI, the reasons might be completely different from yours.

I'm personally not convinced he thinks he's LSE, from the little I know of Absurd, he could well just be having a laugh.
    Only thing that life has taught me, is you just can't be sure, you can assume.

I once knew a guy from Norway, who said, I quote "laugh is good", and he had this Russian girlfriend, who lived in U.S., but often came to visit him. I never knew who am I talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    he'll know soon enough, especially if he gets into a discussion with enough NeFi.
    Bring those IEE's. Gonna take'em all

Creepy-Cyclops

Only thing that life has taught me, is you just can't be sure, you can assume.

I once knew a guy from Norway, who said, I quote "laugh is good", and he had this Russian girlfriend, who lived in U.S., but often came to visit him. I never knew who am I talking to.
    OK Absurd, i'll try not to comment on your type too much on this thread, but I have to say this is a rather Ti ideology to answer with. A Te type : esp a Te leading type would have answered my post with a database of reasons for their decision, the hard facts of their choice, rather than the philosophical 'non empirical' reasoning.

I have to say its a bit..odd that supposed experts like look to the sky who afaik hang around in part to educate people get it wrong, but then maybe I'm wrong...but when do you ever post with the facts, the 'data'?

You use and display Ti but not Te
    You've been sure of LSI
    You look like LSI

At least from first point, you are LSI, the rest just supports it, the evidence, the logics dictate it as it currently stands. I suppose you can thank me for taking an interest as someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say its a bit..odd that supposed experts like look to the sky who afaik hang around in part to educate people get it wrong, but then maybe I'm wrong...but when do you ever post with the facts, the 'data'?
    I'm not hanging around to educate people, and I'm sorry that you think I type and get everything wrong, but I think you look too close at minute instances instead of both the details and the broad picture. I really think your retort here is short-sighted, because that doesn't only mean you have to go and find every single post of his to analyze, you're assuming he completely translates himself one post at a time. And further more, isn't just "facts," and someone who posts "facts" isn't any particular type. How would = facts fit it into being Dynamic? Facts are static pieces of information, when you give out a fact, you don't expect it to be evolving as you speak. has more to do with cause and effect, and types will put more emphasis on this growth from cause to effect about a particular subject.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OK Absurd, i'll try not to comment on your type too much on this thread, but I have to say this is a rather Ti ideology to answer with. A Te type : esp a Te leading type would have answered my post with a database of reasons for their decision, the hard facts of their choice, rather than the philosophical 'non empirical' reasoning.
    I'll pass. Quite tired of this already. Besides, one can easily write what he wants just to prove that he is someone he isn't.

I have to say its a bit..odd that supposed experts like look to the sky who afaik hang around in part to educate people get it wrong, but then maybe I'm wrong...but when so you ever post with the facts?
    Oh, you don't wanna know what the so-called (Russian) experts had to say about some 'famous' people of the past they supposedly typed correctly. Pretty funny stuff, I tell you.

You use and display Ti but not Te
    You've been sure of LSI
    You look like LSI

At least from first point, you are LSI, the rest just supports it, the evidence, the logics dictate it as it currently stands. I suppose you can thank me for taking an interest as someone who actually knows what they are talking about.
    Point taken. Let's summarise:

Some Alphas type me Delta, some Betas type me Delta, some Gammas type me Delta, some Gammas type me Beta, some Deltas type me Delta, some Deltas type me Beta, some Betas type me Beta, some Deltas type me Alpha.

EDIT: That's an impressive resume.

Creepy-Cyclops

@sky

I'm pretty sure you said before that one of the reasons you came back was to correct the errors on the forum, maybe that's changed.

As for Te and its relation to facts, it feels like an old conversation which I'm not particularly inclined to have. Maybe when I'm at a computer it will be less effort to type prose to I'll indulge you, but somehow I get the impression it will be a futile conversation, well for a few reasons. However If you get over any huff you *might* be in, Id suggest reading up on Jung. You may accept this or dispute it, preferring instead to make socionics more complicated than it has to be - yes I've noticed some of the stuff you write on eg information aspects thread.

I apologise if this sounds rude or some such.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sky

I'm pretty sure you said before that one of the reasons you came back was to correct the errors on the forum, maybe that's changed.

As for Te and its relation to facts, it feels like an old conversation which I'm not particularly inclined to have. Maybe when I'm at a computer it will be less effort to type prose to I'll indulge you, but somehow I get the impression it will be a futile conversation, well for a few reasons. However If you get over any huff you *might* be in, Id suggest reading up on Jung. You may accept this or dispute it, preferring instead to make socionics more complicated than it has to be - yes I've noticed some of the stuff you write on eg information aspects thread.

I apologise if this sounds rude or some such.
    Yeah, it does, so forget it. You paint me as some elitist bitch and then dismiss my questions as inferior and not worth getting around. You just want to post your opinions without anyone arguing them, and you know what? You're a jerk, especially to people who try to be nice to you even though you're an awkward fuck all the time. I don't need you to waste your precious time away from the pub on enlightening poor simpleton me, who can't hold a solid reasoning or conversation. What a bother.

Creepy-Cyclops

Untrue. I already explained I'm not at a computer. I hardly think its fair to expect me to write a lengthy post to indulge you from a cell phone. I did however refer you to some further reading, but maybe you'll dismiss Jung which is my fear.

Anyway if I am the things you refer to I hardly think you are setting any example yourself..oh wait even although I explained I can't fully indulge you you still seem to expect me to, maybe you think that cause you are some elitist bitch! Anyway I never thought that I just thought you meant well but got 'confused' at some point, and I only apologised to be nice and soften the blow more or less. IE you are being direct yourself, but also... personally offensive it would seem.

Creepy-Cyclops

I'll pass. Quite tired of this already. Besides, one can easily write what he wants just to prove that he is someone he isn't.
    Using the words, question/answer method here, you can only be typed based on what you write. I agree it's possible for someone with the correct knowledge to present themselves differently, have you been doing this?

Oh, you don't wanna know what the so-called (Russian) experts had to say about some 'famous' people of the past they supposedly typed correctly. Pretty funny stuff, I tell you.
    Typing someone you can't interact with is even more difficult than typing someone on-line that you can at least have a way of direct interaction.

Point taken. Let's summarise:

Some Alphas type me Delta, some Betas type me Delta, some Gammas type me Delta, some Gammas type me Beta, some Deltas type me Delta, some Deltas type me Beta, some Betas type me Beta, some Deltas type me Alpha.

EDIT: That's an impressive resume.
    Then why do you fall into the trap? You've been perfectly happy with LSI until you started listening to people.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclops thanks for shattering my comfort in thinking i can recognize LSI.

So, what are the general manifestations of an LSI then?

I was going by my gestalt of the LSIs on the forum and those I suspected to be LSIs in my life. But heck maybe i was mistyping them!

On the forum, indeed i've noticed that very few LSIs, if any, ever chat in the chatbox. They hardly post too, and their posts are often biting and/or explicit and/or angry-sounding and/or boring. (sorry LSIs I'm sure you guys dont like me either). the impression i get of youtube videos shown on the forum of examples of LSIs is that they are boring, irritating, and unoriginal.

In contrast, absurd doesn't come across to me that way. He comes across like some of the alphas do. e.g. Brian, kama, brilliand, tutu.

Anyway, please correct my misconceptions, because I would really like to know how to recognize my conflictors!

Boy everyone is on edge this morning! Let's have hugs all around! GROUP HUG!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've been perfectly happy with LSI until you started listening to people.
    Well I think it's important to listen to people because sometimes it's hard for an individual to know how they come across to others. I know I read the ENFp descriptions several times while i was mistyping myself as IEI, and didn't recognize myself in it (didn't know about Rick's though! Maybe that would have changed things), until i changed my mindset to try to understand how an onlooker might see me.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Using the words, question/answer method here, you can only be typed based on what you write. I agree it's possible for someone with the correct knowledge to present themselves differently, have you been doing this?
    Yes, of course. Always said that anything you say, says something about you, and anything you say can, and will be, used against you.

I might have done it, that's why I was pointing you to my official typing thread, just too keep it contained, one typing thread per one person, if you know what I mean

Typing someone you can't interact with is even more difficult than typing someone on-line that you can at least have a way of direct interaction.
    Seems to me I've "interacted" with them even though they died before I was born.

Then why do you fall into the trap? You've been perfectly happy with LSI until you started listening to people.
    I was just entertaining a possibility. I mean, I tested LSE before. I don't know, show me a 'good' test in this sea of tests.

So, what are the general manifestations of an LSI then?
    Yeah ?

In contrast, absurd doesn't come across to me that way. He comes across like some of the alphas do. e.g. Brian, kama, brilliand, tutu.
    I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Creepy-Cyclops

@works, I think that it's difficult to pick up on conflictors using the same criteria on the forum than irl if they happen to be good guys. I'd like to highlight two examples. I always thought numbers and juju where good guys, I'm not the only SLI to get on ok with conflictor over internet, I don't see at this stage why it would be different for IEEs.

@sky, ive read the other thread and didn't see you offer any analysis except an opinion.

@absurd, there's no bombproof tests, you just have to study yourself. Read temperaments, dichotomies, clubs, functions, Jungs psychological types. I feel my analysis stands, that from a functional perspective you at least don't display leading Te. End of day its your decision, others can only offer, opinion, but none of it including mine is your gospel. There are no real experts here.

Also, be mindful of enneagram to socionics, because 1 they are two different systems and 2 who can say if you've got your ennea type right in first place.

Hopefully that's all, this threads got weird and look to the sky is a freak.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@absurd, there's no bombproof tests, you just have to study yourself. Read temperaments, dichotomies, clubs, functions, Jungs psychological types. I feel my analysis stands, that from a functional perspective you at least don't display leading Te. End of day its your decision, others can only offer, opinion, but none of it including mine is your gospel. There are no real experts here.

That's all, this threads got weird
    That is what I was afraid of.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Absurd, how do you use the function Si?
    Do you try to create an emotional environment?

I don't see you using function at all, either to joke around much, I do see you as enjoying that atmosphere but not doing much to promote that type of an atmosphere which would go very well with SLE type descriptions...

as a mobilizing (6th) function (ILE and SLE)
    The individual longs for situations where people are having fun, laughing and joking, and feel emotionally free and spontaneous. However, he is generally unable to produce this atmosphere himself and uses other means to create situations where there is a good chance that others will take the emotional initiative and create a fun and emotionally stimulating atmosphere. Failure at such attempts are met with dismay, which the individual either hides or reacts to with frustration and annoyance.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-13-2010 at 05:56 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast