Thread: For all you Ti-Seekers

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default For all you Ti-Seekers

Whoo, Korea 2 Greece 0

Anyways...

How do you Ti-seekers recognize it in others? (scratching my head on this one) How does it make you feel?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha Korea qualified wtf?

USA DREW with the UK WTF!?!?!? US are meant to be SHIT!

(ETA) FTR, I've never really understood this one either, especially in IEIs. Like the Se-seeking is REALLY obvious But it's hard to tell how they seek Ti? (I'd also be interested to see how EIEs believe they seek Ti.)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They both played well! Though I think US got slightly lucky and dodged a bullet against England...heh

Here's the wikisocion definition of how LSIs use Ti:

LSIs have a strong command of how various systems, structures, and hierarchies around them work, and always have a clear idea of how to implement them and improve them. LSIs quickly and easily determine what is correct and incorrect according to the systems they are familiar with.

LSIs tend to logically analyze just about everything — even close relationships. LSIs view their partners and other members of their household as part of a system which should have a certain structure and order to it. Everything in this system should run like clockwork — scheduling, daily routines, responsibilities in the relationship, and household management.

LSIs seek to attain an important role in an important system and to maintain and perfect it — often becoming the guardian or watchdog of the system.

LSIs do not often think about the ethics of the systems they maintain. Instead, they discuss the ethics of other systems using the language and customs of their own systems as truth, and make value judgments accordingly.

This definition makes me feel like a freakin' robot or something (Terminator, anyone? lol)

EIE's or anyone else, can you relate?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peteronfireee View Post
    LSIs do not often think about the ethics of the systems they maintain. Instead, they discuss the ethics of other systems using the language and customs of their own systems as truth, and make value judgments accordingly.
    great quote, thanks
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope North Korea gets to the semi-finals. North Korea.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the way LSI moves things. Even after a long drinking night the place in the morning looked so "in order"... Here is the picture

I was amazed when I woke up in the morning and saw the way he put those wine glasses and all the other things in the room. And LSI does this naturally without any big effort.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sarinina, that would be more like LSE; LSI apparments are not that clean and neat. LSE like to reduce and make their surroundings efficient so that not a lot of energy is invested in useless and aimless tasks. It is all emphasis and concentration on Si, to experience feel good sensations and not clutter; I know because that's what I need or that's what I need to feel good inside.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Sarinina, that would be more like LSE; LSI apparments are not that clean and neat. LSE like to reduce and make their surroundings efficient so that not a lot of energy is invested in useless and aimless tasks. It is all emphasis and concentration on Si, to experience feel good sensations and not clutter; I know because that's what I need or that's what I need to feel good inside.
    He cannot be LSE. He is too introverted and he even thinks about himself as "antisocial". To me he is not tho. He likes when girls call him a bastard. He hangs out mostly with Betas. He likes to shock people and his friends are "freaky" people. When he would fight with his girlfriend and she would try to run away he wouldn't let her to just because he liked to see her cry. He likes to travel a lot and this may sound like Ne seeking but really that's the only trait that makes him look Ne>Se.
    This flat he is renting out so that's the reason why he doesn't have loads of things inside. And he is not neat. What I really meant is that his things has an order in the place.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    He cannot be LSE. He is too introverted and he even thinks about himself as "antisocial". To me he is not tho. He likes when girls call him a bastard. He hangs out mostly with Betas. He likes to shock people and his friends are "freaky" people. When he would fight with his girlfriend and she would try to run away he wouldn't let her to just because he liked to see her cry. He likes to travel a lot and this may sound like Ne seeking but really that's the only trait that makes him look Ne>Se.
    This flat he is renting out so that's the reason why he doesn't have loads of things inside. And he is not neat. What I really meant is that his things has an order in the place.
    Those are two reasons why he is LSE type. Introversted looking doesn't mean that the person's eyes and brain activity works like Introverted types. LSE are very much antisocial, focusing on their own work and on their own stuff. You said he is not neat? He may just be SiTe with Fe PoLR.

Grey color scheme is more SiTe IMO.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-13-2010 at 07:48 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply Sarinana... When I arrange my apartment, I do tend to be slightly OCD and keep things in order like the one shown in the picture.

I would prefer to keep things "clean" and arranged. However, I lived with messy roommates earlier this year and after cleaning up, it'd get dirty the next day...

We made this rule earlier where we would wash our own dish after eating... I was more than happy to do that, getting it done right away so nobody would have to clean piles and piles of dishes. However, it was a failure, as nobody else seemed to follow that rule, which kinda pissed me off- but meh, I guess everyone's different, lol.

So I didn't bother to clean anymore (though I felt the need to) and decided to live with it.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 06-13-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm possibly the messiest person in the world. LSI does not = clean.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My good friend is LSI and his room, while almost always cleaner than mine, is usually not exceptionally clean. Ditto for my SLE friend.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jessica & Silverchris- I agree.
    Starfall- Wow, great example!

Yes, I do agree being clean is not my natural tendency- I feel as it is more of a responsibility more than anything (when someone new is coming over for the first time, guests over, etc.,). However, when I actually do clean, I have an ocd way of cleaning, like the picture above.

And ditto as well with my SLE friend.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peteronfireee View Post
    "The Inspector"
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    "The Inspector"
    yup
    good catch
    how would that quote compare to LSE?
    -

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emailed Spencer, his response:

----------

Hi Peter,

Ti is essentially a grasping for 'how things work'. Since the LII and LSI both share Ti in their ego its a good place to start by comparing these types. Whilst the LII analyst goes into t a deep philosophical level of understanding the LSI inspector "keeps it simpler" with a realistic level of understanding.

The LII naturally understands the 'big picture' whilst the LSI naturally understands the 'immediate picture' of things. This would explain for example, why an LSI would make a good plumber or heating engineer, and the LII would prefer uncovering how the social world works in its entirety.

If you've read all the above then you'll notice that Ti is present as it is one long discussion that attempts 'to understand' the subject. Ti is little more than an attempt to understand how things work to the point that reality can be seen as a 'playground' to be manipulated.

Hope this helps,

Spencer

-------------

True that, "Keep it simple stupid" is how I approach a lot of things.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wikisocion
    LSIs tend to logically analyze just about everything — even close relationships. LSIs view their partners and other members of their household as part of a system which should have a certain structure and order to it. Everything in this system should run like clockwork — scheduling, daily routines, responsibilities in the relationship, and household management.
    This part is really way too extreme. I wouldn't trust it to the letter.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    This part is really way too extreme. I wouldn't trust it to the letter.
    What?! You mean LSIs aren't automatons?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    they most certainly are when they are not reflecting.
    -