Thread: Enneagram Life Paths

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram Life Paths

http://www.enneagramdimensions.net/a...life_paths.pdf

The third to last page has very useful life paths for each of the nine types and their respective first instincts (but not wings). You have to turn your head to see them though (it's worth it). According to this I should be a 5, Sx/Sp/So

The second to last page has 3 two-word descriptions of the 18 type+wing combos, one for each primary instinct. Since I'm 5w6 and match mostly with the Sx life path, my enneagram description would be "Undemonstrative Lover"

I'm still questioning whether my Sp or Sx is first but for the most part this article was informative.

EDIT: On a side note, the other 5w6 instinct descriptions are "Detached Puzzler" and "Trend Analyzer" which leads me to believe Demetri Martin is a 5w6
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, too long.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really only the sideways page that's important. At least if you want more insight into instincts.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ProTip: try "right clicking" the pdf , and then, going to "rotate"

You can also very likely do such if you download the pdf, if your browser is incompetent at doing rotation on its own.

Firefox FTW.
    Last edited by UDP; 06-11-2010 at 06:07 AM.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking my neck is so much simpler.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Breaking my neck is so much simpler.

So, I'm the
    "Strong Ruler", 8w9 So/Sp/Sx

It's kind of interesting, I suppose. I'll look at the rest of the pdf.

SP
    Father Figure, Protector, Guardian, Powerful Presence, Heavyweight, Strong Silent Type, Weightlifter, Sampson, Hercules, Atlas, Mountain Man, Mountain Mama, Force of Nature, Wilderness Survivor, Prepared Survivalist, Mother Bear, Weightlifter, Pillar of Strength, Unsung Hero, Little Orphan Annie

SX
    God or Goddess, God’s Instrument, Guru, Rescuer, Champion, Gunslinger, Knight Errant, Charismatic Hero, Honor-Bound Avenger, Personal Intimidator, Pirate King, Martial Artist, Avenging Angel, Angel of Death, Shiva/Kali, Destroyer, Tyrant, Hunter or Huntress, Midas

SO
    Patriarch, King, Queen, Emperor, Empress, Ruler, Autocrat, CEO, Boss, Born Leader, Leader of the Pack, Mafia Don, Military Commander, Chieftain, Benevolent Dictator, Tactician, Strategist, Commander in Chief, Tough-love Parent
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by 5 sx
    Spy, Sleuth, Alchemist, Scientist, Mad Scientist, Investigator, Private Detective, Undercover Operative, Internet Wizard, Chat Room Enthusiast, Chess Player, Private Tutor, Secret Photographer, Exchanges of Confidences, Wierdo Voyeur, Secret Society Member, Wizard of Oz
    Lol I love the "Secret Photographer and Wierdo Voyeur" descriptions, apparently sx 5's are the source of the world's pervert population.

I do like some of the themes here and think they match, but I think its hard to characterize a specific person by a list of adjectives. Personally I am not into voyeur, preverted stuff... like they always say sx 5's are.

I do relate to the spy/undercover operative line
    I relate slightly to the wizard of oz/alchemist/scientist line also

but not in cheesy stereotypical fashion, but with a little work its easy for me to see how these archtypes work themselves into me.

With avarice and sx 5's its more like being engimatic. Like having your own world in your head, and sharing that. Especially 5's which lean towards a 4 wing.

The movie willy wonka is very 5 and the fact tim burton (a 5) decided to remake it just proves this to me. Essentially wonka is engimatic and eccentric and has this immense imaginative factory/world. Of course wonka is an sp/sx. The factory being an sp thing and sx being his need to share that and pass it on to a child of the future.

The phantom from phantom of the opera is an sx 5w4.

I of course am neither wonka or the phantom, but generally I feel this sense of engimatic and sharing confidence that characterizes the sx 5.

Tritype is also useful... cause the 8 and 4 works its way into there to help texturize this sx 5 character.

Reading this, my dad is 8w9 sp/so and my mom is 6-1 sp/so (possibly so/sp)
    dad is SLI and mom is LSI.... yea stable pragmatist intensity triad self-perservation type parents.... Trust, Practicality, and Stability.... definitally characterizes the nature of my parents as a unit. I think I would have been more 8/7 if it all wasn't so safe/stable/confined growing up, but then again I'm not bitter about who I am, I kick ass as a 5/4/8 =p.

oh and....

Quote Originally Posted by sx 8
    God or Goddess, God’s Instrument, Guru, Rescuer, Champion, Gunslinger, Knight Errant, Charismatic Hero, Honor-Bound Avenger, Personal Intimidator, Pirate King, Martial Artist, Avenging Angel, Angel of Death, Shiva/Kali, Destroyer, Tyrant, Hunter or Huntress, Midas
    Lol these are great... but wtf is a personal intimidator... do they single an individual out and make it their business to follow them around and intimidate them lol?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, I was most attracted to the Alchemist/Scientist but the rest seem to fit more or less as well. The weirdo voyeur made me laugh and then made me hmm... good idea
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)