TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    EIE.
    Unless all the quadras and values have been shifted around...humanists/humanitarians are the new beta? and directors as well...what happened to this description?

The Administrator is very hard working; he rationally spends his time and does not like getting distracted by extraneous talk. He is very practical and economical. He strives to be competent in business issues, accumulating necessary information on problems interesting to him. He tends to take on too many responsibilities. So he needs The Humanist, which can suggest, which actions are most promising. The Humanist willingly helps in this work, doing it diligently and qualitatively.

The Administrator does not tolerate inferior quality. He likes integrity and uprightness in relations. The Humanist, as a rule, is an exceptionally honest and conscientious partner. He willingly processes great quantities of information, draws general conclusions and schedules actions. The Administrator sees planning as a problem. On the one hand, he is sometimes too impatient, on the other – he may be distracted by outside matters, procrastinating on important issues and failing to fulfill them in due time. He accepts this fact very painfully. He needs an undemanding regulator, a provident and prescient partner.

The second bright trait of The Administrator is his ability to take care of his family's welfare. He strives for a high standard of living. He demands quality and possesses well-developed esthetic taste. He is a kind of gourmet, likes tasty and healthy meals; parties for his close friends or family members organized by him are distinguished by very high taste. The Humanist is very reserved in communication. He is devoted to his narrow but stable circle of friends. He possesses 'clever hands' and interest in various technologies, culinary and medical recipes. While The Administrator creates comfort on a whole, his dual perfects all the details.

The Humanist is very attentive towards people, which is not applicable to his dual who is interested more in results of work and communication rather than in the very process. For this reason The Administrator, who is usually reserved and polite, may give way to irritation and wrath, especially when people take his precious time. At such moments he loses the feeling of tactfulness, may become blunt. He needs an ever-reserved, diplomatic and peaceful partner by his side. The Humanist softens ethical mistakes of his dual, performs peacemaking activities. By his persuasions he softens harsh behavior of the Administrator, appeals to his inborn nobility, magnanimity and conscience. By doing this, he facilitates communication with others. This helps The Administrator to keep stable the circle of his business partners.

The Humanist also foresees well the outcome of undertakings and relations. By his advice he helps his improvident dual to avoid many mistakes, the main of which is wishful thinking, especially about health and relations with people. He recognizes well the perspectives of new theories or technologies and he is among the first to struggle for their implementation.

The Administrator is conservative enough in his views, and without such support he tends to fall into routine, may even stop in his development, stagnate in everyday chores, or lose his spirituality, romantic feelings and interest towards intellectual novelties.

On the other hand, The Administrator is capable of thinking clearly and logically, of noticing what’s most important, of modernizing inefficient, outdated structures or technologies. He strives for higher quality and better outcome. The Humanist needs such a partner, who switches his attention from trivialities to more global undertakings. In addition, his dual attracts him as a protector and leader.

The Humanist is a very softhearted and sensitive person. His kindness if often misused by the others. By contrast, The Administrator is full of initiative, but does not like when others impose their own initiatives on him. He may show aggression, but hardly perceives aggression of the others. The Humanist, in spite of his indecisiveness, defends his own interests silently but impertinently, if he is sure of his being right. In practical affairs he is not very capable of protecting his interests, letting his more penetrative dual do it. He tolerates The Administrator's inability to praise, make compliments, which is caused by his insufficient understanding of individual traits and human potential capabilities. The Humanist understands this aspect and considers it to be so obvious that he does not require words of approval. He likes the integrity and hard work of his short-spoken dual.

This dual pair is characterized with certain reticence, isolation from other people, hard work, and attention to details and integrity in everything.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    You're Beta. Embrace it.
    No, I'm not...I'm EII and always have been and always will be...sorry. But, I think you're wonderful.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You considered it. You took your signature down. You should read the Hamlet and Maxim description I just posted and think more about it.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are you people getting the Fe from?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20 bucks says no one will ever convince Marista she is any beta type.
    Easy Day

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think INFj makes sense for her. She seems to use her role function (Ti) weakly with conscious Ne, has that 'whatever I can think of will fit into my argument' logic, which is attuned to weakly trying to developing a structure of the theory and finding new personal ways to express it. Ni is much more about knowing things, expressing underlying currents and backing ideas up here and there by telling idiotic though poetic stories, in the beta sense, which I don't think she does at all. Rather, she's been trying to use her role Ti this whole time, and she's mainly adept at looking at people and their potential, being sensitive and attentive with all you folk and trying to keep the harmony, even though she can also be stubborn. She doesn't talk about her Te endeavors like Gilly does, she rather fantasizes about ESTjs or whomever and hasn't really a clue about Te realistically. Her F doesn't go unnoticed, she pretty much fits what Fi is, even in her long Socionics rambles, unless someone wants to explain to me why she's Fe? Just being open and curious. Pull out an old debate thread if you will.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    I'll wager that too
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    No, I'm not...I'm EII and always have been and always will be...sorry. But, I think you're wonderful.
    This sentence sounds very Fi in essence. It's ultimately conservative and blocked off in her defense of thinking ahead about herself and what she stays true to, in the underlying nature, something which I find really annoying about Fi, in that they are choosy about what people they want to learn about and rarely want to find a place in their role, rather finding a way of harmoniously connecting with some notion of the essence of person. (And I should note, these are never necessarily real things, roles, essences, etc. They're just subjective impressions and tools for dealing with people and defining one's emotions. So they are easily "real" in the mind and in the manifestation of social harmony, just not objective "truth," though it's debatable as to what truth really is.) So Fi judgments seem predecided and closed off, yet have that positive dominant-Fi acknowledgement and acceptance, which makes them tactful in essentially finding their natural place in going against the motivations which don't fit their ethical system. Tact over logic. You will find these tones in many of her sentences. Fe on the other hand is much more likely to assertively adapt and go along with the emotional current as to gain new perspective and useful experience of the theme or role, breaking away from the self, so to speak, something she has done minimally from time to time, though much less naturally. It did not really seem to fit what she had in mind, and was probably a discomfort. It's easier to understand in the context of Fe egos on this forum. Though these are just my weak impressions, and I understand if you don't think so. Just tell me why you think she's Fe ego. I'll have to pay closer attention to her to get more insight on the typing.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Fe on the other hand is much more likely to assertively adapt and go along with the emotional current as to gain new perspective and useful experience of the theme or role, breaking away from the self, so to speak, something she has done minimally from time to time, though much less naturally. It did not really seem to fit what she had in mind, and was probably a discomfort.
    Yes.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think INFj makes sense for her. She seems to use her role function (Ti) weakly with conscious Ne, has that 'whatever I can think of will fit into my argument' logic, which is attuned to weakly trying to developing a structure of the theory and finding new personal ways to express it. Ni is much more about knowing things, expressing underlying currents and backing ideas up here and there by telling idiotic though poetic stories, in the beta sense, which I don't think she does at all. Rather, she's been trying to use her role Ti this whole time, and she's mainly adept at looking at people and their potential, being sensitive and attentive with all you folk and trying to keep the harmony, even though she can also be stubborn. She doesn't talk about her Te endeavors like Gilly does, she rather fantasizes about ESTjs or whomever and hasn't really a clue about Te realistically. Her F doesn't go unnoticed, she pretty much fits what Fi is, even in her long Socionics rambles, unless someone wants to explain to me why she's Fe? Just being open and curious. Pull out an old debate thread if you will.
    Excellent work. But most importantly, I use Fi to judge and shift and catagorize the Te information...

In many ways I soften them up because they can be too realistic and too harsh with people and I give them the individual or multitude of human element to their argument which causes them to look at that perspective and not just the raw objective information.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-09-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    -

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever is a long time...I will take that bet. And will only pay you if I have a body and a complete list of her posts on every socioncs forum.
    Stan is not my real name.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Polikujm is right. I am quite sure his reasoning is most correct over ENFj. Plus crossing the I/E line is arugably the biggest diffference in function orders. She would have to know very little about herself to be so off.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think INFj makes sense for her. She doesn't talk about her Te endeavors like Gilly does, she rather fantasizes about ESTjs or whomever and hasn't really a clue about Te realistically. .
    Te doesn't want to be cold, they just come off that way. I guess they need an "understanding" person like me to forgive them for their petty faults.

There's that empathetic forgive and forget BS that I wish I could divorce myself from.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-09-2010 at 04:29 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Ever is a long time...I will take that bet. And will only pay you if I have a body and a complete list of her posts on every socioncs forum.
    You can have a complete list, this isn't happening. Ever.
    Easy Day

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's that empathetic forgive and forget BS that I wish I could divorce myself from.
    EIE.

And I'm still not 100% sure, I was an ardent defender of Maritsa as EII, but that sounds awfully beta.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    EIE.

And I'm still not 100% sure, I was an ardent defender of Maritsa as EII, but that sounds awfully beta.
    Listen, if we all know that we have something within our selves that causes our own depressions, don't you think that we sometimes wish we were without them?...that's how I criticize my own "will" power.

If I was thinking it about myself and hadn't said it then I would still be EII? as opposed to me being honest and saying it that casts me to another type...what happened to Se PoLR and Ne?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Okay Maritsa, pretend your mind was a blank slate and you knew nothing, absolute nothing about yourself, Socionics, or your past life.

Then, which people on this forum would you feel most drawn to? Which people would you feel most comfortable, with? Who would make you feel happy and stimulated? What people would you feel most alive with by hanging around them for long periods of time?
    Who cares?
    Who cares?
    Who cares?

Those are great questions.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Just answer.
    No.
    I can't.
    I'm sorry.
    -

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te doesn't want to be cold, they just come off that way. I guess they need an "understanding" person like me to forgive them for their petty faults.

Okay, how the hell is that not a perfect representation of function 7, the observing/ignoring function?

What are you guys basing your decisions upon? Gut instinct and because you know Maritsa will play along? Is it a kind of revenge since you feel she does this to others? Lol, this is kind of funny.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who would make you feel happy and stimulated?
    The one's with an expert tongue. Right?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why?
    Because

1. I promised to keep it a secret.
    2. I'm not the kind of person who will maliciously start a fire to hurt people's lives where if I provide certain information, I sense it will.
    3. I'm happier and better off for it, more emotionally sound.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why?
    I get along great with you, Redbaron, Allie, Rubicon, Vero...and all the girls except a few that I've had little bumps with, but nothing that can't be worked out.
    -

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can have a complete list, this isn't happening. Ever.
    After that Shagbag thing I feel like you and me should try the good cop bad cop thing again...we could make a career out of convincing people they're beta. Of course, you're not going to willingly sabotage your end of the bet

But you gotta admit, it would be fun.
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    After that Shagbag thing I feel like you and me should try the good cop bad cop thing again...we could make a career out of convincing people they're beta. Of course, you're not going to willingly sabotage your end of the bet

But you gotta admit, it would be fun.
    What makes you delta and what in your opinion makes him beta and not your dual?
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too proactive and outgoing to be EII. EIE makes the most sense. Has that on-edge EJ energy in pictures.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Too proactive and outgoing to be EII.
    social and trying to excersize

EIE makes the most sense. Has that on-edge EJ energy in pictures.
    No it doesn't.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

social
    Not at all. My ISFp mother is social, but she's not proactive in the least. Proactive means you get up and actively get things done, whether campaigning for something, physically (and voluntarily) working, or leading a group in a discussion.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it doesn't.
    It absolutely does.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not at all. My ISFp mother is social, but she's not proactive in the least. Proactive means you get up and actively get things done, whether campaigning for something, physically (and voluntarily) working, or leading a group in a discussion.

E/I has to do with how much energy you can expand on a single task, especially physical, not that you can talk up a storm and type..
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I get things done so what you have to that means you don't?
    E/I has to do with how much energy you can expand on a single task, especially physical, not that you can talk up a storm and type..
    No, there is actual meaning behind the temperaments, and you clearly seem more IJ than EJ, for the reasons I just gave.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No, there is actual meaning behind the temperaments, and you clearly seem more IJ than EJ, for the reasons I just gave.
    So I am Ij
    You just said Ej.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I am Ij
    You just said Ej.
    That was a typo, but if you would like to amateurishly infer some meaning from it, feel free to do so. I won't edit the post.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That was a typo, but if you would like to amateurishly infer some meaning from it, feel free to do so. I won't edit the post.
    You only burn 45 calories while talking and maybe a little more while typing, but a lot more then that when you're doing things physically so this doesn't count.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You only burn 45 calories while talking and maybe a little more while typing, but a lot more then that when you're doing things physically so this doesn't count.
    First of all, you should include the unit of time in your measurement of caloric expenditure, since it is meaningless unless we know how long it takes to burn 45 calories.

Second, your point about doing things physically is phrased poorly and makes no sense.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

First of all, you should include the unit of time in your measurement of caloric expenditure, since it is meaningless unless we know how long it takes to burn 45 calories.

Second, your point about doing things physically is phrased poorly and makes no sense.
    The time it takes to type one post is not a lot of calories spend and moving ones whole body in the same amount of time consumes more calories, so to judge my E/I based on this is wrong.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The time it takes to type one post is not a lot of calories spend and moving ones whole body in the same amount of time consumes more calories, so to judge my E/I based on this is wrong.
    You are confused about what qualifies as an expenditure of energy when speaking of the E/I axis.

It's about whether mental energy is projected outward or inward, not whether someone likes to move their body. I know an INFj who jogs every day, but she is very composed and quiet. You, on the other hand, seem like you aren't very physically active (neither am I, so don't get offended), but you are very outward in the way you interact with people. You don't wait for someone to address you or come to you. Instead you engage people preemptively on topics that you personally find interesting.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You are confused about what qualifies as an expenditure of energy when speaking of the E/I axis.

It's about whether mental energy is projected outward or inward, not whether someone likes to move their body. I know an INFj who jogs every day, but she is very composed and quiet. You, on the other hand, seem like you aren't very physically active (neither am I, so don't get offended), but you are very outward in the way you interact with people. You don't wait for someone to address you or come to you. Instead you engage people preemptively on topics that you personally find interesting.
    *stomps around like she just lost and argument to logic*

EII are very outwardly personable while ESTj's are rather antisocial.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*stomps around like she just lost and argument to logic*

EII are very outwardly personable while ESTj's are rather antisocial.
    Now you are confusing Fe with social situations.

EIIs can easily engage in an Fe atmosphere, but they tire out after a while and need to recharge in privacy.

LSEs have no trouble interacting with people for long periods of time, but they are very insecure about coming off like an ass or a fool in situations where the emphasis is on Fe. That's why the ideal setting for an LSE is one in which he can focus on Te in a setting where it is expected of all parties.

Both the Fe and Te settings are social, but one involves relationships and one involves productivity.

Similarly, if an EIE were in a social situation with only Te types, he might scold one of them for being too crude in correcting another person there, but the others would probably be indifferent to the EIE's aid and feel like the "crude" one was correct and therefore that there is no need to scold him for anything.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Similarly, if an EIE were in a social situation with only Te types, he might scold one of them for being too crude in correcting another person there, but the others would probably be indifferent to the EIE's aid and feel like the "crude" one was correct and therefore that there is no need to scold him for anything.
    Not scold, just tap gently on the arm and say "honey, cut that out"...that's not scolding. What illogical person would scold a person in public anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast