Thread: Kane Pixels

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kane Pixels

[ Kane Pixels - LIE ]

Kane Parsons, known online as Kane Pixels is an American director, VFX artist, music composer and YouTuber, known for his short films based on the Backrooms and Attack on Titan.

untitled.pngunnamed.jpg

If you haven't seen anything about him, here is one of his many masterpieces:

Also, I'll attach this interview, from which I will take some bits of information from to type him:

Kane seems to be a very private person, there isn't much information about him, aside from what he has decided to upload on his social media and a few interviews. But, despite that, there are enough information to find out his sociotype, which I think is LIE (though, ILI is also possible, it was really difficult to decide, I began writing this thinking that it was his type). Here’s the explanation:

Leading :

One of the Kane's main interests is trying to give realism to the sci-fi or fantasy worlds of which he is a fan of. E.g. creating an Attack on Titan in a modern setting, crafting the fake footages in a way that made them look like they truly happened in remote period of our history; telling the mental transformation of a person who spends an eternity being a god of his own virtual world; or showing what would really happen if a place like the Backrooms existed in the real life, not changing its supernatural appearance and mysterious and unpredictable nature, but having in mind how people would react to that discovery, how people would approach it, what would be the most logical course of action towards it, (e.g. safety protocols, investigation methods...), what would are the odds of succeeding doing something, how to make the Backrooms appear more explainable, how to make the technology shown look more plausible, how to make an scene APPEAR real and not manipulated by a script, when to show or not show something and many more things I may be missing.

Extroverted logic as base function is manifested as a need to accumulate factual information, also from external sources such as books, second-hand information, etc, on matters of personal interest or of professional activity.
    Just look at this video:

All that is made up, but why does it sound real? How many things were needed to be learned just to show us that A-Sync (the company investigating the Backrooms) has found a dead body?

Another manifestation is an evaluation of external reality - work activities, world events, finances, procedures, personal relationships, conversations - from the point of view of factual accuracy and "making sense" and efficiency.
    I think I cannot attach more videos to this post, but if you look at the video Report and scroll down to see the comments you will see how people praise how realistic the dialogue is. That's what Kane has carefully tried to do along all his Backroom videos, in addition to what I already mentioned in his seeking for realism, is a certainly a strong and valued information element.

Also, to end my explanation of why he uses Te, I'll reference a part from the attached interview, in which we can see a bit of the judgemental side of the -egos: Around the minute 40 he says this: "There are so many, I don't want to say rip-off channels, there's a lot of fan channels, um, which are just using the exact same scenario: You've got A-Sync, a few might be slightly generous and change the name to B-Sync or something, um, but uh, there's a lot of channels that just take the hazmat people, they got the threshold, that got probably just A-Sync, it's all exactly the same and they just go out of the complex and they see whatever, and most of the time it's something ridiculous, like water slides and water slides and, they really like water slides for some reason".

Creative :

The individual likes to predict the further development of the situations and topics that he is interested in. The individual applies his highly developed sense of vision not as an end in itself, but as a way of promoting the development of his more central interests and activities.
    We have to be aware that Kane isn’t the inventor of the concept of the Backrooms, before his first video about it, there was a lot of content about made with this concept, it could be said that he didn't add something radically new to the concept, like creating new levels or entities to expand the "lore", instead, he decided to not deviate much from the original and most early ideas of the Backrooms, or in other words a more "archetypical idea of the Backrooms". He took what he considered the best and crafted a more concise version, with a better focus on the realism and mistery, than the overexplanation and gamification of the levels. And it can't be denied, it is the most appealing take done at this moment, his vision of how the Backrooms should be had a good reception, it was the reason why the conversation about the topic revived, not only among the communities interested in liminal spaces, but among a more general public.

Types that value Ni always like to have in mind a specific plan for how their life will develop in the future.
    Kane has a very way of doing things, look at he says in the minute 1:80:22 of the interview, when he was asked how much of the story of the Backrooms he has planned out: "When I first started, which I am going to consider the beginning of the production of Backrooms (Found Footage), the first one, anything else was just sort of like floating around in my head and that could have been going, that could be traced back, who knows how long, but, from that point, I had probably, I don't want to give a percentage here, I had enough for the starting concept and I had some of the, I had that beginning and the end and maybe not every detail was completely clarified, although a lot were, a lot were, it's not like every episode in the series you're seeing now was in my mind when I was starting Backrooms (Found Footage). Soon thereafter, I think the major shift that compelled me to sort of fill the gaps and really clarify pretty much everything, was when I saw that wave of attention on it and around the time of The First Test - First Contact, coming out that week was when I really did a lot of intense planning and just sort of logistical, just figuring out how all would come together, and by that point the framework was pretty much all there, the major bits we there, and then as I've got along I just naturally, here and there, just think of things like with any project and I'll just pull that somewhere, I'll just build onto it just as I spend more time living with it... but then as I go with each episode, I was filling the gaps between like these two major bits, I know where I started, I have point a and I need to get to point B, so I need to through these episodes, uh, and they show the step by step of getting from point a to point b, sort of like that, so that's what I've been doing". Then the interviewer proceeds to comment to lead to another question "You may not have every name, every, you know bit figured out but you have these destinations you know you're going-" but it's interrupted by Kane, who says "At this point no, at this point no, a lot of pretty much everything it's figured out... I'm talking about the beginning".

So, despite the series hasn't finished, everything is already planned. Ideas do not come every time he finishes a video to be implemented later, the videos follow a certain path he already cleared.

Another important thing to mention is that transformation is an important aspect in the Kane's version of the Backrooms, the whole place is in constant change, as if it were a living being, it is not just an static spatial bubble outside of our reality, it is alive, it is changing, and Kane gives us subtle indications of it through all his videos without telling it expressly, it is Ni in action.

Role :

The individual makes an effort to adapt to the prevailing emotional atmosphere, especially in group situations, and tries to promote a positive emotional environment, as in making positive or witty remarks, in the presence of individuals he is already somewhat acquainted with and appreciates. Such efforts, however, are normally low-key and of short duration;
    This was one of the IEs that made me decide for typing him as LIE, his reactions to the videos of his followers during the anniversary event of his first Backrooms video let us see a bit of his role , he tries to keep the emotional atmosphere in which he is involved, showing surprise and joy along with the others, giving compliments to their works or being polite, for example, but he can't help but feel critical about the things he doesn't like and doesn't seem to make much sense for him. I have the impression that Kane might be containing himself to avoid being perceived too harsh or arrogant because he appreciates the effort people put in their creations, he is proud of being a source of motivation for many young VFX artists and doesn't want to break that ambient and let down other people just because he's right in his judgements. Here's an example of this:

In the minute 1:00, after seeing a floating creepy smile in one of the video that the fans had made, he comments: "I would never ever understand how smiley faces are going to be creepy, like in any context, they're just not scary at all... Any kind between the party-goers and just like anything in general with just a smiley face. Does anyone get that feeling that I feel that it is like something that it is supposed to be scary and you can sort of recognize, oh yeah, it's smiley face, with all the scary body or something, it's contrasting, but just, in practice, I don't feel scared".

The individual makes an effort to be aware of the need not to disrupt the prevailing emotional atmosphere but he does not succeed for any length of time if that would clash with his inner emotional state and private feelings about the other persons present. A typical example is the person who, in a group of people exchanging pleasantries and casual conversation, will occasionally correct erroneous statements made by others, in a way that can be perceived as annoying, despite otherwise making an effort to abide by the prevailing emotional atmosphere.
    Despite this, well, he can't contain himself. If we consider that most of the people in the video were around his age, his words could have ruined the mood of some people there.

Vulnerable
    :

Individuals who possess introverted sensing as a 4th function tend to be negligent to the effects of Si and have the view that Si aspects are of less importance than others for achieving their goals.
    Kane is not normal, definitely. These are just assumptions, as the vulnerable function is difficult for me to see in this case, I haven't found any track of it in anywhere, but I mean, the periodicity in which he uploads these high quality productions must be a task that would take most of his free time, he has to keep a balance with his school life, and probably is also, making new music tracks for his series and probably improving his VFX skills, just being a 17 year old boy... It's incredible, I mean, he probably receives money from his parents to make any project he wants, but thinking he does all or at least, most of the job alone is fascinating. Sorry if I am stanning, but these are the things that make you develop a survivorship bias and think that everything is possible.

Suggestive :

The individual longs for close personal relationships where personal and private experiences can be shared easily in an atmosphere of mutual trust, sustained by shared sentiments and ethical beliefs that make external expression of emotions unnecessary. The individual is inclined to take first steps, but he is not confident of his ability to correctly evaluate the existence or status of such a relationship and therefore is attracted to persons who value clear and unambiguous personal relationships with others and who follow a clear set of ethical principles, which gives them credibility and makes them deserving of trust in the individual's eyes.
    Only Kane must know. But must be the reason why he is so private.

Mobilizing :

The individual tends to feel capable of achieving his goals, but hesitates on whether the path he is choosing is the right one. In these cases he needs to feel the support of others in order to be motivated to finally choose.
    He likes to be involved in competitive and challenging endeavors and to see his will and personal power develop as he overcomes obstacles together with other people. However, he depends on others to provide the gusto and motivation for these endeavors.
    Maybe things would have been different if his first video about the Backrooms hadn't been so sucessful, but we can't know. About the second paragraph, I have no idea, but making short films with this quality it a great feat in itself, also he said something like this in his interview, around the 29 minutes of video, which indicates an appreciation to look at the real world to get inspiration from: "I feel like Portal pushed me in the direction of sci-fi, sort of, that sort of vein of sci-fi where it's very kind of cold, realistic and not... because I feel like I'm very uh, firm on keeping the divide between science fiction and science fantasy, I never been really much of a Star Wars fan, sorry those Star Wars fans out there, um, I'm sure there's a lot to be interested in there, I'm sure I've seen like with the extended universe and stuff like that there's a lot there". Here we see also, a devaluation of Ne, or at least a devaluation of fictional works which are expansive in philosophy, which is... almost the same, isn't it?. "... but for me, I personally prefer being, taking inspiration from the world that I live in, the Earth, the world that we know, I am more often, I am more often than not, inspired by just the world in general than I am for a movie or something, I like, I basically make movies because whereas I feel like a lot of people make movies because they likes movies, um, so I feel like I tried to capture just different ideas and just these different feelings I get from parts of different parts of life, my whole life, in different forms, but over time as I like sort of went through each discipline, whether it's drawing or stop motion, uh, music, just every possible media, I even did acting for a long time, uh, I sort of ended up on filmmaking, I don't want to say the ultimate one, that sounds like I'm dissing the other art forms here, but it really is, it's like the, it's where that you can allow these different things to sort of, come together and it allows the most control over an audience members experience”.

Ignoring :

The individual understands easily, but is largely indifferent to, discussions that focus on the internal logic of ideas and systems. The individual perceives such logical systems as largely worthless to his goals and finds them completely uninteresting and unproductive.
    I'll skip the explanation on this one, because it is difficult function for me to identify in others, unless they're clearly bad at logic. But, if I don't see any track of Ti in Kane is because, I guess, he really doesn't talk about it. Or I don't know, does anyone find it difficult to see the ignoring function in other people? I do. But, if the way he decides to study all what he's learning is completely "unorganized" and just fit him to achieve his momentary goals, then I think I have a proof of how Kane can ignore Ti. Around the minute 6:30 he says this: "This is how I learned everything, like, I have a project idea and then I learn like everything, I try to like, approach it, I don't know how to navigate After Effects, so I look at a tutorial on how to navigate After Effects and then I just do the specific tutorials for each question I have in order to get to this specific goal and by the time I've gotten there, I learned all the stuff on the way, and I can use that as I go forward and I feel like that and that method has helped me to learn a lot faster than simply like, how to, uh, After Effects 101 for the beginners or something like that, like a general course, I feel like it doesn't help me nearly as much as learning what I need to learn specifically for that goal".

Another example of this is the way he makes his music, things he mentions in the minute 1:02:00: "I think really my music background, uh, was just tampering and trying different things and uh, just making what I just sounds good to me, I put a note on a piano roll, I put another next to it, oh, wrong key, cause I don't even know the musical tree, I don't, I can't tell which key is going to make what sound, so I just literally just drag it along each note until the note sounds right after the, uh, coming after the previous note and I just do that over and over again".

Demonstrative :

The individual is fairly good at generating all sorts of ideas, but doesn't himself take the ideas seriously and views the activity as a sort of entertaining exercise lacking in value. It is more natural for him to apply his imagination and vision specifically to those areas where he is trying to achieve something than to "indulge" in thinking about things that have no relation to those areas of interest.
    I think this was one of the easiest information elements to spot, one of the main reasons why I opted to type him as an LIE instead of ILI. I don't know in which part of the interview he says this, but he mentions that he makes a lot of music he never publishes, that only a few are selected to be put in the Backrooms soundtrack. I’ll update this post if I find the part in which he says it.
    Last edited by HeInin; 02-19-2023 at 06:33 PM.