View Poll Results: How would you rate Barrack Obama, as a person and president?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

1 12.50%

0 0%

0 0%

2 25.00%

2 25.00%

1 12.50%

1 12.50%

1 12.50%

Thread: Barrack Obama (Deltas Only)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Barrack Obama (Deltas Only)

What is your take on Barrack Obama? Rate him as a president and a person, and, if you are compelled, elaborate upon your opinion.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rate him a 4. He is a complete puppet, that's for sure, and likely has little clue what he is doing on his own. He has some undeniable charisma, and I think he represents a proper, or at least honest, step towards the notion of the US President as a total figurehead, which can at least be seen as decent historical progress. However I think in that sense he is a step in the direction of "let's see how badly we have to dick around before we need to make some real changes again." So I suppose he's necessary and appropriate for America now; let's just hope he doesn't fuck it up too too much, and that next time round we are able to choose the readily available candidate who might actually make some progress at the reigns of this country: Ron Paul.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I gave him a 5. I give his wife a higher score..lol.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Is Barack Obama emoting enough"?

*sigh*
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    "Is Barack Obama emoting enough"?

*sigh*
    What do emotions have to do with quadras? Everybody has emotions.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a "big deal" in US Media as to whether or not Obama is appearing emotional enough.
    Last edited by UDP; 06-05-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    It's a "big deal" in US Media as to whether or not Obama is appearing emotional enough.
    lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Obama" is as much a joke as "your mom." He's a liar, which makes him rank pretty low. He's not a drunken serial killer pedophile, though...which would be #1. Jesus would be #10. I rated Obama a 3.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    "Obama" is as much a joke as "your mom." He's a liar, which makes him rank pretty low. He's not a drunken serial killer pedophile, though...which would be #1. Jesus would be #10. I rated Obama a 3.
    Yes, Abbie, we're all aware of your sociopolitical background.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    Yes, Abbie, we're all aware of your sociopolitical background.
    lol.
    I know. Pretty freaking ridiculous. I mean, I understand it, from one POV, b/c the President is the emblem of the people, and the people are angry, but really, how is being more angry going to get his job done any better? I agree with what he said in one soundbite. Sure he could vent, but it wouldn't do any good. I think American's just want to know that he feels what they are feeling... which is actually kind of a weird expectation for a president anyway, when you think about it. Anyway, I say he's doing fine on the emoting front.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on the same train about the strangeness about this whole "Obama doesn't seem empathic/emotional enough." I definitely WTF?ed. Now Obama wasn't my first choice, and I still think he was a better choice than McCain, but there is a lot to be disappointed with. I'm not completely sure the why's of not fulfilling the promises he made before he got to office, but everyone who ended up voting for him are losing faith because they aren't seeing a move forward in what they wanted him to do. Then again, he was handed a country in a shithole, so I'm slightly understanding.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    This must be another weird fucked up American thing. Where I'm from, if someone makes a joke about ones mother, then they're chinned right on the spot. You people are so vulgar.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You people are so vulgar.
    Who you callin' you people? (said in the voice of Angry Black Man #3) You lookin' for an American boot up your ass, foreigner? (said in the voice of Red from The 70s Show)

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Who you callin' you people? (said in the voice of Angry Black Man #3) You lookin' for an American boot up your ass, foreigner? (said in the voice of Red from The 70s Show)
    ya know, Angry Black Man #3 could have said this all on his own. I don't see why he needs reinforcements from That 70s Show.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    ya know, Angry Black Man #3 could have said this all on his own. I don't see why he needs reinforcements from That 70s Show.
    I imagine white people as more stereotypically xenophobic. Black people can be just as xenophobic (especially towards asian people), but nothing beats the stereotype of the hillbilly redneck defendin' a-MER-ca, the gud ol u s of a!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    This must be another weird fucked up American thing. Where I'm from, if someone makes a joke about ones mother, then they're chinned right on the spot. You people are so vulgar.
    My dad, a teacher, almost attacked a kid for a joke like that. I don't see it as vulgar, just weird.
    "Why did the chicken cross the road?"
    "Obama."

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't follow American politics too closely, but I think he's better than Bush. I mean at least he's trying. He seems like he wants to make a difference, but I doubt he has much freedom to do anything while in office.

I imagine ugly cornfed redneck people as more stereotypically xenophobic. Black people can be just as xenophobic (especially towards asian people), but nothing beats the stereotype of the hillbilly redneck defendin' a-MER-ca, the gud ol u s of a!
    Yeah.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine white people as more stereotypically xenophobic. Black people can be just as xenophobic (especially towards asian people), but nothing beats the stereotype of the hillbilly redneck defendin' a-MER-ca, the gud ol u s of a!
    I missed this. I was remarking about the redundancy which was amusing in my sense of humor but I don't think translated very well. I didn't know who "Red" from that 70s show was, I just thought it was funny that various caricatures were lining up to defend the vugarity of America, which made it more amusing than just making the statement.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I just thought it was funny that various caricatures were lining up to defend the vugarity of America, which made it more amusing than just making the statement.
    Why thank you.