Thread: Bending Time

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bending Time

when you look forward at a time period, look at all of the events that are ahead one after another, and bring them into the present. where you try to pro-act distasteful tasks so that you can deal with them all at once instead of having to get through distasteful task after distasteful task over a long time frame. essentially trying to handle all the stuff you have to get through once and for all.

essentially a dysfunctional way to handle tasks since you cannot effectively handle everything at once. related to Se role function i think, not wanting to do "boring" stuff and hating that you have to have perserverance over too long a time frame, so trying to get it over with, but only causing yourself more stress in the process. Se role: short bursts of "handling stuff" but running out of gas over too long a time frame.

more later. anyone relate?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sorry but it's the only way I work, as a Ni-ego INFp. It's not so much that I try to make everything right in one grand gesture all at once, it's just I see with my foresight what a 'realistic choice' will yield me, and the rest of the world and if it seems pointless and useless over time then I just will refuse to do it.

I'd rather be saved in big gestures, with not as many choices but the choices I do make are very idealized and correct.

I've tried to do what Ne-egos like you say, and just do a variety of things all at once. However that doesn't work for me, as what happens is I am neurotically twisted about one specific thing at a time that I need help unwinding, and just like doing a variety of things hoping that one problem goes away only leaves me frustrated and my true goals not attained. I feel like I'm running around in some sort of maze that I can't get out of.

essentially a dysfunctional way to handle tasks since you cannot effectively handle everything at once.
    Well to be fair, not every type is made to handle tasks. Really, an IEI just needs to focus on writing or something non-mechanical anyway. It seems like people get down on magical faggy introverts for not doing 'tasks enough' but it's just as annoying for the doers to think and be, as it is for the thinkers and be-ers to 'do.' Getting an ESFj to introspect is just as hard as it is to get me to do something physical that I'm not ready to do yet.

Sure, an IEI could just do the tasks but they would get poorly done, the IEI would miss a lot of things and wouldn't be efficient due to his Te polr and it would be more beneficial simply for the IEI to meet somebody that does it for him. And he wouldn't really be in the position to help society in the way that he's meant to. That's the entire point why humans seek relationships, with everybody focusing on their strengths we all exist in a interdependent network with each other.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a work group which comprised of beta introvert activity partners and alpha extrovert activity partners. The betas were keen to do things in the present, or as close to the present and completely finish their work in one hit. The alphas it seemed were keen to dedicate time to researching, show their work get feedback and basically treated it like a work in progress. The betas, we liked to get it out of the way, I hate work stuff hanging over my head. I don't know if this is a true reflection of IEIs but the IEI I worked with rocked and we always finished our parts before the alphas.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs tend to be very good at conceptualizing, and therefore can be very effective in a work situation, especially when the emphasis is more on mastering skills than performing tasks (or the difficulty is weighted towards the "mastering skills" side). Even then, I have to push myself very hard to do a lot of work, even if it's funnish work like writing papers, and I would probably contribute more to society if I had less work. But whatever, currently I'm in college and I'm going to have to work for quite a while before someone's going to pay me to write and do whatever, so until then I will have to grind, even if it's painful and detrimental to my health (which it is).

I don't know if I do short bursts of "handling stuff". Maybe I do. My method is generally to wait until I don't think I'll be able to complete x by the deadline, and then complete x by the deadline.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um... I guess I can relate, but that could have to do with not being able to plan realistically.

Although it COULD have something to do with dom-Ne, to try to do everything all at once, to spread yourself too thin over everything. This is something that I see my ILE bro doing... but then again that could have to do with not being able to plan realistically enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Well to be fair, not every type is made to handle tasks. Really, an IEI just needs to focus on writing or something non-mechanical anyway.
    Ugh... no. No offense, but can you not assign what YOU think that you should be doing to every one of your type. Types are not the same people.

Sure, an IEI could just do the tasks but they would get poorly done, the IEI would miss a lot of things and wouldn't be efficient due to his Te polr and it would be more beneficial simply for the IEI to meet somebody that does it for him. And he wouldn't really be in the position to help society in the way that he's meant to. That's the entire point why humans seek relationships, with everybody focusing on their strengths we all exist in a interdependent network with each other.
    This is NOT type related. Just because you have some dependent issues, doesn't mean that everybody else (or your type) also does too. No offense... but seriously, man. This is one of my pet peeves about Socionics/MBTI/Enneagrams/whatever. People far too often have some sort of fatalistic views about "types", even if these theories are just freaking theories and not facts of life! I'm like come on! Srsly.

I guess this is one of the "pitfalls" of these theories... People far too often rationalize bad behaviors by saying that "it's type related, I'm supposed to be this way". They excuse themselves from getting better... because apparently it's "type related" and they can't change how they act, as if their behavior is set in stones... I'm just like well bullshit! Not everything is "type related".

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    when you look forward at a time period, look at all of the events that are ahead one after another, and bring them into the present. where you try to pro-act distasteful tasks so that you can deal with them all at once instead of having to get through distasteful task after distasteful task over a long time frame. essentially trying to handle all the stuff you have to get through once and for all.
    I think this is ideal, but I can rarely motivate myself to do any of it and so it ends up hanging over my head anyway. When I fall into a rare period of time where I actually have some motivational juice, I do as much as I can because I don't know how long it's going to be before I feel motivated again. I generally try to arrange everything so that it goes in the most efficient way possible with the least amount of work because it's really hard motivating myself to do anything unless I'm intensely interested in it or stimulated by it in which case it can go on forever as far as I care.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

singularity is right...i think it's overboard Ne with role function Se, and little Ni ignoring. i don't really think it's functional. but i recently realized that i do this when i've got too much going on over too long a time frame. and it is usually the result of a lot of NeTi bombs that i've set up ahead of time, going off one after another. it promotes a lot of stress. like, i'm trying to avoid stress by bending time and making everything right now....but you can't accomplish all kinds of complex things at once, and they aren't even scheduled at the same time anyway. so all you get is a feeling of being overwhelmed, and procrastinating on the one thing that you really have to do next.

infpman told me to just get through one thing at a time and he snapped me out of it. my stress went away after i took his advice and of course after a few of the more unpleasant tasks were over with. thank God.

these days it feels like there is so much i HAVE to do...and not a lot of time left over for what i WANT to do.

except play around on this forum. LOL

ILE

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I misunderstood this topic. That doesn't sound ideal now. I find that most things can wait forever and never really need to get done. But it would be nice to not have to do anything at all ever but what is interesting to oneself and I often loathe responsibilities.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I think I misunderstood this topic. That doesn't sound ideal now. I find that most things can wait forever and never really need to get done. But it would be nice to not have to do anything at all ever but what is interesting to oneself and I often loathe responsibilities.
    love this very Ni of you. the linear world of longitude and time is very different from my broad latitude world of possibilities. i guess i can get some balance out of Ni if i listen carefully enough.

ILE