Thread: Prince of Persia - Film

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Prince of Persia - Film

Curious if anyone who may have seen this movie thought about the types of the characters. I have no opinion myself, but I really enjoyed the movie and the play of the characters in it.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, but I'm sure as hell gonna see it ASAP!

This is the Prince of Persia I used to play something like 20 years ago...
    and it was one of the best games ever made. Later versions all suck.

Gotta see the movie.
    Last edited by Park; 06-02-2010 at 07:56 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sands of Time for Gamecube (which the movie is based off of) is the best PoP.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's funny Jake Gyllenhaal's playing the Prince of Persia.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Persian friend who's whiter than Jake Gyllanhaal is in the movie, so I was ok with it
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    I have a Persian friend who's whiter than Jake Gyllanhaal is in the movie, so I was ok with it
    oh I wasn't talking about his whiteness, or even thinking about it... it's his other acting roles and general way of being in movies. Jake Gyllanhaal just doesn't scream action hero to me. But I also wasn't meaning my comment as dislike regarding this. It's more that I find it interesting/amusing and I do generally see him as a decent actor so it's not that I don't think he can pull it off. Still there is a hint of skepticism that is more my doing than anything outside of me and I suppose that's why I find it interesting.
    Last edited by marooned; 06-03-2010 at 03:47 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, yeah, I totally know what you mean. I think you'll be really surprised if you go see it. I actually forgot it was Jake Gyllenhaal.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds hard to do, it has gotten low ratings anyhow. The game is available for pc btw.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to disregard ratings and go see for myself. Unless a movie appears to be something I don't want to see, I'm generally up for seeing it regardless of what the ratings say.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arabs, Persians and Indians (not to mention Turks, Greeks and Sicilians) are considered caucasian. These constitute around half the world's population, which means the average white guy has dark skin, black hair and brown eyes.
    Last edited by xerx; 06-04-2010 at 03:21 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arabs, Persians and Indians (not to mention Turks, Greeks and Sicilians) are considered caucasian. These constitute around half the world's population, which means the average white guy has dark skin, black hair and brown eyes.
    I don't know if people are still trying to bring this up to me but I don't give a shit about Jake G's ethnicity. My whole point about this was that I thought he was an interesting/unusual choice for an action hero role. I used the word "whiteness" in response to Vero's use of "whiter" as I was responding to her post and I just don't care about the semantics in this case. This gets on my nerves... first assuming people mean something they don't and then correcting them on something they weren't even talking about as if they were talking about it. I also don't care about making some sort of color distinction among Caucasians. I don't know if "white" is a technical term for Caucasians with pale skin or if it is somehow synonymous with "all Caucasians" and I don't care, not now, and not in this discussion as it was never related to anything I posted. I'm well aware that the majority of Caucasians don't have pale pearly alabaster skin (I use these elaborate words so I deliberately won't use the word "white" as we wouldn't want to confuse that with something else so we can once again infer I mean something I don't). Also I don't see any reason to assume Vero isn't aware of this.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loki, your post was pretty clear and I wasn't referring to it.

oh I wasn't talking about his whiteness, or even thinking about it... it's his other acting roles and general way of being in movies. Jake Gyllanhaal just doesn't scream action hero to me. But I also wasn't meaning my comment as dislike regarding this. It's more that I find it interesting/amusing and I do generally see him as a decent actor so it's not that I don't think he can pull it off. Still there is a hint of skepticism that is more my doing than anything outside of me and I suppose that's why I find it interesting.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I think I was being touchy and feeling ganged up upon and honestly there wasn't really reason to feel ganged up upon, so I'm sorry.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can do nothing wrong in my eyes, so it's ok.