Thread: Relationship between Creative and Producing

Creepy-male

Default Relationship between Creative and Producing

Not sure if those are the correct technical terms, however, consider something like

ENTp vs INTj

or

ESFj vs ISFP

The difference is in each block which function comes first
    ENTp Ego --
    INTj Ego --

Same two functions, the order is different....

Similar with other types, also with other blocks

ENTp Id -- (ISFp Ego)
    INTj Id -- (ESFj Ego)

Basically, as I understand the second function is creative and the first is producing (when talking about the ego)

How do these two functions relate?

How does changing the two functions affect the personality?

Is the realtion between these two functions conserved in every single block (ego, super-ego, super-id, id)?

Main reason I'm interested is because I figured you can type with the following intuitive process...

1) Type the Quadra
    2) Type the Club
    3) Decide whether the person is Rational or Irrational

You have your type....

If you understand things in terms of these 3 principles well and what distinguishes each, you can type relatively flawlessly.

The 3rd part relates to this question......

The structure of socionics is such that the 16types can be split into two groups.....

Rational and Irrational

Rationals have the Producing on Fi, Fe, Ti, Te... a form of thinking or feeling cognition. They have their Creative on Si, Se, Ni, Ne. A form of sensing or intuitive cognition. This is a Rational Cognition Template.

Irrationals are the reverse.

Both forms of cognition relate to this principle on what it means to be creative or producing.

This interlinks with quadras.

What is a Rational Alpha?

What is an Irrational Beta?

Also instead of Clubs or Quadras you can use Tempermant (Ixxj or Exxp, etc) as a degree of freedom in typing.

Instead of Saying INTj you could say Rational NT Alpha

I think a Rational NT Alpha means more than INTj

Or you could say Irrational NF Beta (INFp)

If you understand the meaning of these big blocks, you can permute around these concepts rather than the numerous details, you can use them like components. Sometimes what stands out about a person is not there type but something like "that person is beta".... in another instance it may stand out that "that person is irrational".... and so forth. Understanding these principles allows you to construct things from simple building blocks, as long as you understand what those blocks consist of. Its like solving problems using the principle of superposition.

Each of these major concepts relate into a matrix which characterizes socionics.

This really is helpful for spatial thinkers.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creative, PoLR, HA and Demonstrative are the Producing function positions. I think you mean Creative vs. Dominant.

Labcoat made a statement about this recently...

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Accepting/Creating (Base/Creative) is in large part about subjectivity and objectivity. The former involves knowledge that applies to a single point of view, the latter seeks a view from which the 'point of view' is eliminated as a factor.
    (Creating seems to mean the same thing as Producing, and Base the same thing as Dominant.)

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Base is also quick-and-dirty, laconical, making do with low quality results.
    Creative is perfectionistic, obsessive, idealistic, wanting high quality results.

The former is, imo, flexible, in that it quickly recovers from negativity and re-establishes its position without much effort. Its less vulnerable than Creative. Creative lies in ruins when proven wrong and needs a lot of time to rebuild itself.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Labcoat made a statement about this recently...

Originally Posted by labcoat
    Accepting/Creating (Base/Creative) is in large part about subjectivity and objectivity. The former involves knowledge that applies to a single point of view, the latter seeks a view from which the 'point of view' is eliminated as a factor.
    (Creating seems to mean the same thing as Producing, and Base the same thing as Dominant.)
    Its far from the only thing in socionics linked to objectivity and subjectivity, though.

In the function axis of the base function, the focal point is on Phenomenology (appearances, perspectives), so one can orient without knowing anything about the situation and simply go with what you perceive of it right now. Creative involves beliefs and prior knowledge.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Base is also quick-and-dirty, laconical, making do with low quality results.
    Creative is perfectionistic, obsessive, idealistic, wanting high quality results.

The former is, imo, flexible, in that it quickly recovers from negativity and re-establishes its position without much effort. Its less vulnerable than Creative. Creative lies in ruins when proven wrong and needs a lot of time to rebuild itself.
    I've never heard it stated this way but this is quite good and true to my experience.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Creative, PoLR, HA and Demonstrative are the Producing function positions. I think you mean Creative vs. Dominant.

Then I mean Producing vs Dominant.... which is Creative vs Base in the case of the ego block. But if I understand it correctly, then producing and dominant are more general terms which apply to all blocks.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In my try to be humble opinion, I'd say it's better to have a more generalized understanding then driving yourself crazy breaking everything down.

Also this naturally confuses me because I'm a temporal thinker. I'm not a spatial dude.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Then I mean Producing vs Dominant.... which is Creative vs Base in the case of the ego block. But if I understand it correctly, then producing and dominant are more general terms which apply to all blocks.
    Then you mean Accepting vs. Producing. Dominant is synonymous with Base.
    Stan is not my real name.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Then you mean Accepting vs. Producing. Dominant is synonymous with Base.
    yea ok accepting producing, could we please get beyond the vocabulary and into the idea part of this all?

Maybe I'll have to make another topic, I think this one is offputting by its confusing nature.

But that is the correct terminology? Right?