Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 48

Thread: Questions for SLEs/ESTps

  1. #1
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default Questions for SLEs/ESTps

    Hello,

    I am trying to type an SLE by written document and I was wondering what SLE think of the following:

    Also, If you know an SLE who will contribute to my questions, it would help me very much. Thanks

    1. Do you have problem loving others?
    2. Do you have a problem realizing the state of the relationship between you and other people?
    3. Can you tell if someone is interested in you romantically or not (usually by hints).
    4. Do you need clear verbal assurance that they are interested in you?
    5. Do you always assume that you are friends with people?
    6. Do you find it oblivious that your actions can be interpreted as advances?
    7. Does it occur to you that your actions can be interpreted?
    8. Do you normally interact with people with clear intentions: as in state them to them rather then expect that the other person will make the advances towards you?
    9. Do you ask about the persons intentions when relevant to you?
    10. Do you rush to get into a sealed relationship once you have found someone "desirable"?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-17-2010 at 05:04 AM.

  2. #2
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    1. Do you have problem loving others? Not at all, Do have problems expressing it though
    2. Do you have a problem realizing the state of the relationship between you and other people? Not really. I do if I'm forced to think about it though. To me I can find the way to describe the state of a relationship I'm in if I'm not looking for it. It's a lot like how you get those dots in the very edge of your peripheral vision and you can only see them when you aren't looking directly at them.
    3. Can you tell if someone is interested in you romantically or not (usually by hints). Sorta? From what I can tell most SLEs are so good with body language that this is terribly easy. For me personally, I can't really tell if someone is interested in me but frankly I could care less if they are or not. It's not about how they feel about me, it's about how I feel about them.
    4. Do you need clear verbal assurance that they are interested in you? Need? No. However assurance from a trustworthy source is always nice. This could vary depending on the "health" of the SLE though.
    5. Do you always assume that you are friends with people? LOL See question 2, I'm not really sure how to answer this.
    6. Do you find it oblivious that your actions can be interpreted ad advances? This question is worded very poorly, and Interpreted by who? I know when I'm making advances on another person I'm pretty straightforward and even borderline blunt, I doubt there is much ambiguity when it comes to what I want from people.
    7. Does it occur to you that your actions can be interpreted? Yes, I know it happens but I don't think about it and it's still is interesting as fuck to me when people give me their interpretations of what I'm doing.
    8. Do you normally interact with people with clear intentions: as in state them to them rather then expect that the other person will make the advances towards you? I don't really expect the other person to advance on me at all, granted it's always nice when that happens but at the same time if a girl was to initiate a relationship with me by being forward I'm sure any relationship that would come from that wouldn't last long. And while I can and do state my intentions being verbal isn't always necessary for being clear and well understood.
    9. Do you ask about the persons intentions when relevant to you? Yes
    10. Do you rush to get into a sealed relationship once you have found someone "desirable"? Maybe? I could see this happening but the tone of the question makes me rather hesitant to admit that it is the case.
    My answers in Bold
    Easy Day

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    My answers in Bold
    Please discuss number 10 and also please interpret the tone appropriate to you and answer based on that tone, thank you.

  4. #4
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Please discuss number 10 and also please interpret the tone appropriate to you and answer based on that tone, thank you.
    Ask nicely.
    Easy Day

  5. #5
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Interesting.
    All I have to do is ask my dual and I don't have to ask nicely because it's assumed that we care when we address one another, and no formal or formality with "kindness" or tone except cursing or direct slurs and insults need to be provided in order for our communication to continue. We can be more direct and not get hurt by each other's tone. However, with SLE and LSI, I need to be "nice" and "polite" in my tone of addressing in order to get anywhere peaceful with them.

    JWC3, would you kindly address number ten in my question? Thank you.
    See that's the thing though, you didn't ask me you told me. The only reason I wanted you to ask nicely is because you didn't ask at all in the first place. You could have asked sternly the first time so long as it was still a question (And you could have found a way to ask something in a stern tone of voice... That would be weird). So long story short (But not really), you don't need to be nice and polite to beta STs that notion is so incorrect that Nostradamus probably predicted it but you certainly don't give orders to Beta ST's especially if you have no power over them and they don't respect you which is the case here.

    However in reference to your last question, since you did indeed ask nicely, If I find a girl who I think is "Desirable" then, yes I probably would do every thing in my power to take her off the market as quickly as possible. Granted I'm kinda going through a phase right now where I don't do relationships, but that's a different story.
    Easy Day

  6. #6
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Interesting.
    All I have to do is ask my dual and I don't have to ask nicely because it's assumed that we care when we address one another, and no formal or formality with "kindness" or tone except cursing or direct slurs and insults need to be provided in order for our communication to continue. We can be more direct and not get hurt by each other's tone. However, with SLE and LSI, I need to be "nice" and "polite" in my tone of addressing in order to get anywhere peaceful with them.

    JWC3, would you kindly address number ten in my question? Thank you.

    *It would really bother me to be in a relationship with an SLE because I am very direct and that's how I want to be*...LOL
    sigh. People always feel that way. I feel like I have to be nice and polite when dealing with LSEs. How did "nice and polite" become a word for "not like I want to be"?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  7. #7
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oooh I love quizzes.

    1. Do you have problem loving others? Absolutely not. I just rarely love
    2. Do you have a problem realizing the state of the relationship between you and other people? Basically no, as long as they provide me with clear emotional signals
    3. Can you tell if someone is interested in you romantically or not (usually by hints). Generally, yes, it's obvious if I'm conversing with them
    4. Do you need clear verbal assurance that they are interested in you? No, their actions tell me
    5. Do you always assume that you are friends with people? No, although I'm generally friendly with most people
    6. Do you find it oblivious that your actions can be interpreted as advances? I couldn't care less - if I'm hitting on them I'll get them, if I don't want them then I don't care if they think I want them
    7. Does it occur to you that your actions can be interpreted? Not until after I've acted
    8. Do you normally interact with people with clear intentions: as in state them to them rather then expect that the other person will make the advances towards you? Errr I guess
    9. Do you ask about the persons intentions when relevant to you? What the hell does that mean?
    10. Do you rush to get into a sealed relationship once you have found someone "desirable"? Yeah.

  8. #8
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    you don't need to be nice and polite to beta STs that notion is so incorrect that Nostradamus probably predicted it but you certainly don't give orders to Beta ST's especially if you have no power over them and they don't respect you which is the case here.
    hahahaha.

    Also, I think that's true of betas in general.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  9. #9
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    hahahaha.

    Also, I think that's true of betas in general.
    I'm sure you'll be on your knees at the earliest convenience.

  10. #10
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't see people as having power over any individual; I see life as a shared effort.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would say SLEs make people earn their respect, and once they have proved themselves, I'd say they would be loyal to them in a way they know how to be.

  12. #12
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Interesting.
    All I have to do is ask my dual and I don't have to ask nicely because it's assumed that we care when we address one another, and no formal or formality with "kindness" or tone except cursing or direct slurs and insults need to be provided in order for our communication to continue. We can be more direct and not get hurt by each other's tone. However, with SLE and LSI, I need to be "nice" and "polite" in my tone of addressing in order to get anywhere peaceful with them.

    JWC3, would you kindly address number ten in my question? Thank you.

    *It would really bother me to be in a relationship with an SLE because I am very direct and that's how I want to be*...LOL
    I do have to say, you did sound like a condescending asshole in that previous post. It has nothing to do with type.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  13. #13
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I don't see people as having power over any individual; I see life as a shared effort.
    blah blah you're full of shit

  14. #14
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just noticed how hilarious conflicting relations are from the outside.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  15. #15
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I don't see people as having power over any individual; I see life as a shared effort.
    Maritsa, like it or not, there are the weak and the directionless who CRAVE, respectively, being commanded and the direction from an SLE. Shared effort is bullshit, you take everyone's opinion into consideration nothing will get done. It's a stupid idea.

  16. #16
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    I do have to say, you did sound like a condescending asshole in that previous post. It has nothing to do with type.
    She thinks it does, that's why she calls herself an EII. She thinks she's moralising barbarous SLEs with her preaching. Little does she know that everything she does points firmly towards EIE, and... DISCOJOE'S DUAL!

  17. #17
    i'll tear down the sky Mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    TIM
    NeFi
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You know, I've some to really enjoy SeTi company lately

  18. #18
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    She thinks it does, that's why she calls herself an EII. She thinks she's moralising barbarous SLEs with her preaching. Little does she know that everything she does points firmly towards EIE, and... DISCOJOE'S DUAL!
    You have one part of this statement as a true statment...
    But since you neither comprehend nor know a damn about socionics and how it really works in real life and that you have typed yourself incorrectly must show some parts of your statement to be false as well.

  19. #19
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maritsa isn't EIE. EIEs are more sane. Look at her - she's insane.
    INTp

  20. #20
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Maritsa, like it or not, there are the weak and the directionless who CRAVE, respectively, being commanded and the direction from an SLE. Shared effort is bullshit, you take everyone's opinion into consideration nothing will get done. It's a stupid idea.
    Commanding and directing people in a task is Te One step closer to proof of LIE. Se could care less about commanding/demanding people to do things. They might complain that you don't put in your fair share of duties, but as far as directing ...hah, fat chance, but then there's a possibility of having a power trip arise from being in a position of authority for SLE type.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-05-2010 at 08:10 PM.

  21. #21
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Commanding and directing people in a task is Te One step closer to proof of LIE. Se could care less about commanding/demanding people to do things. They might complain that you don't put in your fair share of duties, but as far as directing ...hah, fat chance.
    ...Se is all about leadership...
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  22. #22
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    ...Se is all about leadership...
    So is Te...I just have to think about how they are different leaders.

  23. #23
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here, I edited my post to explain what I think, but you replied before I finished editing. lol. Sorry!


    Se egos are noted particularly for making great leaders. Otherwise, why is the mascot for SLE a general (Zhukov)? They are all about giving commands (but not in a bad way... if you're an Ni-ego). I do agree that they won't direct you, if by direction you mean, explanation of how you should deal with minutia, of the sort that would be important to a Te ego, but that an Se ego would consider irrelevant to the goal. But commanding people is one of the places where Se-egos most shine, especially beta STs. What I get a lot from beta STs is specific directives as to what to do in the moment, what action I should take right then.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  24. #24
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Here, I edited my post to explain what I think, but you replied before I finished editing. lol. Sorry!


    Se egos are noted particularly for making great leaders. Otherwise, why is the mascot for SLE a general (Zhukov)? They are all about giving commands (but not in a bad way... if you're an Ni-ego). I do agree that they won't direct you, if by direction you mean, explanation of how you should deal with minutia, of the sort that would be important to a Te ego, but that an Se ego would consider irrelevant to the goal. But commanding people is one of the places where Se-egos most shine, especially beta STs. What I get a lot from beta STs is specific directives as to what to do in the moment, what action I should take right then.
    Delta ST's can be this way too...there are too many overlapping contridictions. Delta ST can be demanding as well as Betas.

    *calling on Ti primary to eliminate contridictions please* lol

  25. #25
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Delta ST's can be this way too...there are too many overlapping contridictions. Delta ST can be demanding as well as Betas.

    *calling on Ti primary to eliminate contridictions please* lol
    Oh, yeah, I'm not disputing that. I was just trying to give an example of how I tend to get commands from beta STs. I think the differences tend to be more in the style of the command and the kinds of things they'll tell you to do. Also, there's a thread somewhere about delta STs and "leaking Se," which details a lot of common beta complaints about delta ST leadership. If I weren't so lazy, I'd go look it up. Shrug.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  26. #26
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You have one part of this statement as a true statment...
    But since you neither comprehend nor know a damn about socionics and how it really works in real life and that you have typed yourself incorrectly must show some parts of your statement to be false as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Commanding and directing people in a task is Te One step closer to proof of LIE. Se could care less about commanding/demanding people to do things. They might complain that you don't put in your fair share of duties, but as far as directing ...hah, fat chance, but then there's a possibility of having a power trip arise from being in a position of authority for SLE type.
    lol @ you maritsa.

    Let's take a gander at Aushra, the founder of socionics theory, shall we?

    Quote Originally Posted by Augusta
    Black (extraverted) sensing

    Perceives information about what might be called objects' "kinetic energy" — for example, information about how organized/mobilized a person is, his physical energy and power, and his ability to make use of his willpower or position and exercise his will in opposition to others'. This perception implies the ability to tell what reserves of "kinetic energy" people have and how useful they can be in getting things done. It defines the individual's ability or inability to exercise his willpower and energy in opposition to the will and energy of other people.

    When this element is in the leading position, the individual possesses exceptional personal force/will. He is a born organizer of anything. He has the ability to mobilize people to achieve a goal and is able to make use of and manage animate and inanimate objects. Is able to work with things (objects) and reproduce almost any objects based on available samples. This is a reflection of his ability to organize material. These people are known for their striving to materialize their will, energy, and power, and for their desire to impose their will on others.
    So, sorry, what was that about Se types not liking to direct?

    Secondly, do yourself a favour and read some of the articles found here: Socionics in the West

    You might earn some respect in this community for knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

  27. #27
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    lol @ you maritsa.

    ezra
    ok that was ridiculous of me to say, but Te tyes like to direct too.
    See all this overlapping info now...

    Te can direct work too...
    Te can organize and mobalize a person, That's why TeSi are called directors...kinda like you.
    Difference between Te and Se in my opinion is that Se is far more pushy to get others to use energy that they might not have and Te is better directed at recognizing structured energy.
    Te is also very capable of getting others to excersize will power, except they are much gentler, in observation then Se type...at least from my perspective, because once and Se gets going they just keep moving uncontrollably and that is just too much movement.
    Te is also a born organizer of anything because the whole thing about Te is that it can make things function efficiently, with a good method.



    Extraverted sensing is also called Volitional Sensing, or Space-capturing Sensing.

    This sensing function directs to occupation of space. People with this strong function are usually demanding people, which like when other people fulfill their wishes and demands. Sometimes they become managers, and sometimes – good sellers that can sell even unnecessary things. They often (but not always) have athletic, somewhat roundish figure, quick and demanding eyes. They are very persistent in the life: "If I want, then it should be achieved”, and they often gladly help other people – those who accept their leadership. Their outbursts of anger may fear some people, but in fact they are short-term – in several minutes they become calm again and restore their good mood.




    Extraverted logic is also called Processual or Practical Logic.

    It estimates everything in terms of efficiency: not abstract analysis, but "how to make it work?", and not systems, but methods. They are energetic, active, and mobile. As scientists, they are strong in improvement of methods, but often they choose a business career. However, people who work together with them, often blame these types of being "too dry, cold-hearted", even in spite of their high emotionality. In general, this type of thinking may be called “algorithmic”.

  28. #28
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ezra, you have been mistyped, please read the below...thanks.

    Secondary introverted logic (the types ENTp and ESTp, XXX-logical extraverts)

    They may be misperceived for the quasi-identical types (ENTj and ESTj with the dominant extraverted logic) for their activity and logical way of thinking. The difference is, that both Seeker and Commander are spontaneous types, who do not like to adapt to procedures. Their thinking is conceptual, not methodological; often they can even contradict to what they just have said, but they do not accept such reproaches: “What happened, I just considered the situation from different viewpoints!” Commanders (sensory) often are good as crisis managers, military commanders, heads of the state in crisis situations (Churchill, Lenin, Napoleon Bonaparte), but quickly get bored of complicated procedures that exist in peaceful democratic states. They often like “cat-and-mouse” logical discussion, where important is not to find the truth but to win, to “kill” the opponent with arguments. Seekers (intuitive) often become scientists and specialists who present interesting concepts, but very rarely (and often with somebody else's help) they succeed to transform their concepts into working technologies and methods. Their activity is not even: sometimes they are super-active, sometimes fall into periods of depression.

    Methods is:

    systematic thinking
    systematic plan
    plan devising based on systems...
    a way
    a technique
    a process of
    a process for doing something...
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/methods

    Conceptual is big picture thinking based on ideas not methods, neglect of details, big ideas vrs small ones, forest and not trees...

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/concepts


    the differences between Te and Se are big and the reason why you are not in Beta.

  29. #29
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Secondary introverted intuition (the types ENTj and ENFj, XXX-intuitive extraverts)

    They may be misperceived for the quasi-identical types (ENTp and ENFp with the dominant extraverted intuition) for their intellectualism and ingenuity, for the abstract manner of explaining their views, for speaking a lot about “possibilities” and future perspectives, for having a lot of ideas concerning how thing should go on correctly.

    To understand the difference, let us consider a row of people representing the types ENTj and ENFj, i.e. with introverted intuition as the secondary function. This function entails certain kind of “prophet-like” or “preacher-like” behavior. Such people believe in magnificent perspectives, and they try to transfer their belief to other people, even when the situation is really bad and gloomy. A common trait that united them all – their “prophet-like” behavior, their capability to “infect” people with belief in the future, even when several minutes ago people were much dissatisfied of them.


    I can see how ENTj would be misrepresented for Se valuing Ni because the part where it talks about concentrating on Future possibilities is something that both ENTj's and ESTp's value.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-07-2010 at 08:33 PM.

  30. #30
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maritsa, have you VI'd Ezra?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  31. #31
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Maritsa, have you VI'd Ezra?
    I read his posts.

    I did VI him, but way after. He had such a methodical way of thinking and presenting information with value and emphasis on Ni that I wasn't sure about him being SLE; my experiance of SLE is nothing like him...or how he spoke and treated me.

    This post is a good example...his whole thread here is a good example...

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/623441-post17.html

    In this post I project Ne thoughts on Socionics and where I see the possibility of it heading...he uses Te to say no that's not part of objective reality and furthermore it's not part of current objective reality and if he did value Ne he would see other possibilities then just my projection of this one possible situation...like how my dual would be prompted to think about what I said in the given situation.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-07-2010 at 06:45 PM.

  32. #32
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,806
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    there is a girl I know,
    dangerous little Maritsa.
    the devils woman dressed in black,
    she lives you give you heart attacks
    oh! Maritsa
    where she'll seek to go, no one would know
    eager to sin, until she makes your soul possessed
    with fangs of vulgarity, she'll pull you deep in,
    but oh, no! she wont push you out
    Maritsa, Maritsa, Maritsa
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  33. #33
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  34. #34
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ok that was ridiculous of me to say,
    EVERYTHING you say is ridiculous you stupid bitch

    you dont know ezra and you dont know socionics

    STOP TYPING PPL
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  35. #35
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    often they can even contradict to what they just have said, but they do not accept such reproaches: “What happened, I just considered the situation from different viewpoints!” Commanders (sensory) often are good as crisis managers, military commanders, heads of the state in crisis situations (Churchill, Lenin, Napoleon Bonaparte), but quickly get bored of complicated procedures that exist in peaceful democratic states.
    That's actually such a good description of me it's almost a caricature.

  36. #36
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's to be expected that she's typing Beta ST's as Te and Si ego's, which correlates into her own backwards understanding of Model A
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  37. #37
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    1. Do you have problem loving others?
    I'm not entirely sure I know what that means. It could mean a lot of things. I know that I have an unconditional love for immediate family members, particularly my son.

    2. Do you have a problem realizing the state of the relationship between you and other people?
    Yes.

    3. Can you tell if someone is interested in you romantically or not (usually by hints).
    I can tell when I have their attention. However, that could be "hey, not too bad *shrug*" or "omg I want her babies" or anything in between, and I can't really tell.

    4. Do you need clear verbal assurance that they are interested in you?
    Absolutely. At least at this point in my life. You have to just flat out tell me what's going on or I don't get it. I tend to be paranoid about people's intentions, too.

    5. Do you always assume that you are friends with people?
    No. They either have to tell me that we're friends or I have to spend enough time/conversation with them that there's no possible way we couldn't be. Even in either of those cases it's fuzzy though. There's gotta be both in order for me to believe it, I guess? I can think of one or two exceptions.

    6. Do you find it oblivious that your actions can be interpreted as advances?
    YES. People always accuse me of flirting when from my perspective I'm clearly not. I'm just being nice. I'm just like, "I'm the kind of person where it's like, 'Trust me, if I'm into you, you'll know it.' There will be no mistaking." This isn't invariably true as sometimes my hands are tied by circumstances, but if both people are available and there are no significant reasons why something shouldn't happen and I want it to happen, I try to make it happen. Not immediately, but once I've made up my mind.

    7. Does it occur to you that your actions can be interpreted?
    of course

    8. Do you normally interact with people with clear intentions: as in state them to them rather then expect that the other person will make the advances towards you?
    Yeah, but it doesn't get to that point unless I've been sufficiently encouraged. I'll try to make something physical happen before I'll talk about how I feel though. Even if someone flat out asks me how I feel about them and I want to communicate openly, it's extremely difficult for me to verbalize it. I'm not often not entirely sure, and even when I think I am I tend worry that things I say will be misinterpreted.

    9. Do you ask about the persons intentions when relevant to you?
    Never. I always wish I knew, but I don't ask. It would feel weird, and I wouldn't know how to interpret their response anyways so it would be useless and probably cause some sort of problem.

    10. Do you rush to get into a sealed relationship once you have found someone "desirable"?
    I have in the past. That's been a big problem for me, actually. Committing too quickly to the wrong people. Now I'm just hanging back and taking some time for myself. I even pushed away an opportunity to hook up with a dual recently (and no, it's not the "IEI friend" I referred to in previous posts). There were some really good reasons not to get involved though, lol. (Just because someone's your dual and there's a mutual physical attraction doesn't mean you should get involved.) I guess I've learned my lesson? Or at least I hope I have, lol. Getting in is so easy. Getting out is so hard. I'm gonna watch my step.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  38. #38
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Maritsa, like it or not, there are the weak and the directionless who CRAVE, respectively, being commanded and the direction from an SLE. Shared effort is bullshit, you take everyone's opinion into consideration nothing will get done. It's a stupid idea.
    While there are definitely people who need and appreciate direction and it's a waste of time to powwow about everyone's thoughts on every matter, I think it's important to take everyone's needs/position/responsibilities in a situation into consideration. What they want isn't always relevant though. People want things for stupid reasons sometimes.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  39. #39
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Joy answering questions on behalf of SLEs is like a high school girl wanting to participating in a scientific study about lesbians because she made out with her best friend the night before.

  40. #40
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    It's to be expected that she's typing Beta ST's as Te and Si ego's, which correlates into her own backwards understanding of Model A
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I think it's important to take everyone's needs/position/responsibilities in a situation into consideration.
    Needs: "that man is disabled, he cannot lift anything" is as far as I'll go regarding needs. They're pretty straightforward.

    Position: if I'm in a position to command them, why does this even need to be considered?

    Responsibilities: they'll take what responsibilities I'll give them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •