Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Okay

  1. #1
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Okay...

    Kind of interesting developments here....
    Maritsa, no offense, but I don't think the comparisons to me are helping your argument for EII. It's possible and very likely to identify strongly with people who are not your socionics type, or even in the same quadra, particularly if the other person is know from "afar" or through an indirect medium. This is essentially why people like books, movies, music, etc. from more than one type or quadra.
    I also think that it's important to distinguish between socionics and non-socionics characteristics. Occasionally people will misinterpret superficial traits as socionics related- i.e. "She has to be XXX type because she yells a lot." But to counterargue "person of type XXX also yells" is almost just as annoying and wrong, because the real argument is that it's probably not type related.
    One thing which, I think, I always did in my posts was try to express my motivations for my actions and the POV that informed my decisions. I did this because I think that it's impossible to correctly type people by understanding them at only a very superficial level. Often when people- and a lot did- argue that I wasn't EII I tried to provide them with a better understanding of why I was doing what I was.
    Maritsa, I think a lot of the similarities you cite between me and you are based on basic appearances. I may have missed this, but I don't see you referencing posts where I have said what I do and why I do it and citing a similar action + motive for yourself. That would constitute better "proof" for me.
    If you still do want to compare yourself to me: I do see a big difference in our attitude toward the forum, what we derive from it, the reason why we post, how we interact with people, etc. I also don't see you really interpreting what I'm saying for yourself- you more just identify with what I write- and that is something markedly different to me. For what it's worth, I have to say that the person I feel most similar to on this forum is Mariella. I agree with essentially all of the comments and observations I've read of hers since I left. And if I didn't feel like I was in an awkward position, I probably would have said them myself.
    In general, though, I don't think it's good practice to type yourself based on a strong identification with one person. For one thing, it leads to highly imitative behavior. For another thing, as I mentioned above, it can easily circumvent an analysis of socionics values.
    Last edited by Ritella; 05-15-2010 at 06:48 AM.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  2. #2
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, you really were in deep thought.

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a pretty long argument for my type.
    You're probably doing what any normal INFj would do and that's telling me to proove myself?

  4. #4
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Long books aren't always good books.

  5. #5
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I have a pretty long argument for my type.
    You're probably doing what any normal INFj would do and that's telling me to proove myself?
    Not really. Frankly I think you should stop trying to prove yourself.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  6. #6
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Not really. Frankly I think you should stop trying to prove yourself.
    ok, well, that's the end of this thread then.
    That's no fun.

    Do you want cake?

  7. #7
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Wow, you really were in deep thought.
    (By the way, you guys should get a hand wave smiley the "hello" smiley () looks creepy; it should be more like "heygoodlooking."

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Long books aren't always good books.
    :wink:
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  8. #8
    i'll tear down the sky Mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    TIM
    NeFi
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    I also think that it's important to distinguish between socionics and non-socionics characteristics. Occasionally people will misinterpret superficial traits as socionics related- i.e. "She has to be XXX type because she yells a lot." But to counterargue "person of type XXX also yells" is almost just as annoying and wrong, because the real argument is that it's probably not type related.
    Overall post, but especially this part. It's something the board needs to be not only more aware of, but practice as well.

  9. #9
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with most of OP, except the complaining about comments like "person of type XXX also does Y". I think it's more reasonable to offer evidence, which in context of other comments will sum up to "it probably isn't type related", than high-handedly declare it so, as some people are doing - and with little to no chance of convincing those who believe it to be type-related. Some different functions tend to manifest similarly in types, too, and looking at the overall picture of a person can be useful, even though a single behaviour can be probably interpreted in multiple ways.
    Last edited by Aiss; 05-16-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: see next post

  10. #10
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  11. #11
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I assume you meant "some different functions tend to.." and yeah.
    Edited.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •