TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Integral Type of Germany

What type would you say Germany is?

Please vote even you haven't visited it.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Germany is not ISTj. German society as a whole is a lot more social, laid back in social issues, less concerned with working all the time, etc. than the US, for example. Nightlife and such are a lot less "ritual-driven," and I just can't see an PoLR...And damn, Germans are taking sick days like mad and have tons of vacation time.

ISTp perhaps...Fe PoLR is A LOT more likely than Ne PoLR.

I have never much liked this country typing stuff. It just perpetuates old and tired stereotypes.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Germany always struck me as LII. I have close relative that live in germany and their culture, life and all seem very strong , but I don't see anywhere. Oh and SLI is quite impossible.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Germany is not ISTj. German society as a whole is a lot more social, laid back in social issues, less concerned with working all the time, etc. than the US, for example. Nightlife and such are a lot less "ritual-driven," and I just can't see an PoLR...And damn, Germans are taking sick days like mad and have tons of vacation time.

I have never much liked this country typing stuff. It just perpetuates old and tired stereotypes.
    Well I disagree, I think Germany is very ISTj -- definitely the German corporate culture. It's certainly Aristocratic in a Reinin way, and Static. Even things like cellphones and the internet took at least one year, or more, to really get going there than in the UK or Italy. The authorities are suspicious of such "fads" and resist them, until it's clear that it's not just a fad.

Try buying anything with a credit card in a small shop outside the obviously touristic area. Try renewing a subscription to a German magazine by using your credit card over the phone. Try getting ahead in the German corporate world if you question your boss's wisdom publicly. Try getting a loan in a German bank if you went bankrupt once in your life - it destroys your credit, forever. Try questioning the accepted wisdom that a tenured C4 professor is as unfallible as the Pope. That is all Ti, Fe, and low Ne.

I kid you not, this is a true story. Once I went to the birthday party of a friend. It was a rather informal affair, with drinking etc. I want wearing a black jeans and a dark-blue shirt. One guy asked me why I was always trying to be "different". By that he meant that in summer "everyone knows" that you wear light clothes on social occasions. The guy speaking this was wearing a white shirt and black jeans, so the white shirt made all the difference.

I discussed this with others and they agreed with him.

So, Kim, I believe very well that HH is not ISTj, since I also know it a bit, and certainly you're right about the stereotypes -- but if you go for this kind of exercise, it's clear to me that there are very good reasons to say that Germany as a whole is largely ISTj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I kid you not, this is a true story. Once I went to the birthday party of a friend. It was a rather informal affair, with drinking etc. I want wearing a black jeans and a dark-blue shirt. One guy asked me why I was always trying to be "different". By that he meant that in summer "everyone knows" that you wear light clothes on social occasions. The guy speaking this was wearing a white shirt and black jeans, so the white shirt made all the difference.
    God lord, that is so anti beta. It's like a clip out of seinfield.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How so anti beta? That is Ti and Fe, fitting into the social conventions of the group. Yes this particular example is a bit Si-focused, but the point is, they thought I was trying to make some point by the way I was dressed.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well I disagree, I think Germany is very ISTj -- definitely the German corporate culture. It's certainly Aristocratic in a Reinin way, and Static. Even things like cellphones and the internet took at least one year, or more, to really get going there than in the UK or Italy. The authorities are suspicious of such "fads" and resist them, until it's clear that it's not just a fad.
    German corporate culture is changing rapidly. All companies I have worked for had low hierarchies. And the latest technology. It really depends what company you work for.

Try buying anything with a credit card in a small shop outside the obviously touristic area. Try renewing a subscription to a German magazine by using your credit card over the phone. Try getting ahead in the German corporate world if you question your boss's wisdom publicly. Try getting a loan in a German bank if you went bankrupt once in your life - it destroys your credit, forever. Try questioning the accepted wisdom that a tenured C4 professor is as unfallible as the Pope. That is all Ti, Fe, and low Ne.
    True, but I could name a number of similar difficulties for the US. Payroll, health insurance, tenure track procedures, etc. I don't think that is reflective of German culture per se and it is also changing.

I lived in Germany for 25 years and I have never witnessed anything remotely similar.
    I have always experienced socializing as a very laid back, fun, spontaneous thing with no dress codes and such. It might depend on the group you hang out with, but I think the guy is just being ridiculous.

But then I think you really can't type a country as a whole. There are such great differences between North and South, individual cities, etc.

But when I look at German in terms of interaction between people and socializing, it is NEVER ISTj.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    God lord, that is so anti beta. It's like a clip out of seinfield.
    that's funny. it reminds me the time i told a guy off for wearing sandals at the cemetary on the first-year anniversary of my grandma's funeral. good times.
    ...you double-dipped that chip!...you dipped the chip then you dipped it again...
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Germany is not ISTj. German society as a whole is a lot more social, laid back in social issues, less concerned with working all the time,
    I don't know about the other stuff but I don't think ISTjs work all the time. This is a false stereotype. They are true leisure loving Betas At least the ones I know make a very clear distinction of "work time" and "leisure time". When they are working they 100% work. If people see them in this mode they might get the impression that they always work and never rest. However when they stop working they are 100% leisure. Generally they follow a pretty exact schedule like they can have a rule that after 5pm they don't do ANY work. And it has to be one helluva boss that can force them to work after that if they have decided that their leisure time starts at that precise moment. They just do everything 100% percent. Be it work or leisure or whatever. I don't know how well that fits to German society?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Germany always struck me as LII. I have close relative that live in germany and their culture, life and all seem very strong , but I don't see anywhere. Oh and SLI is quite impossible.
    THat is very interesting.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah. I searched and found some

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kim this might seem unrelated but for me it is: were you born in Germany or did you move there yourself, and waht types are your parents (if you know)?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian

Kim this might seem unrelated but for me it is: were you born in Germany or did you move there yourself, and waht types are your parents (if you know)?
    I was born there and moved away in 1999. My parents are ESTj and INFj (sister ISFj)
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian

I was born there and moved away in 1999. My parents are ESTj and INFj (sister ISFj)
    If I may ask, why did you move away? (in general terms, not enough opportunity, etc).

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Initially it was only going to be a year for a university exchange program. When the year was up, the university offered to continue the funding, so I stayed in the US to continue grad school.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Germany is not ISTj. German society as a whole is a lot more social, laid back in social issues, less concerned with working all the time,
    I don't know about the other stuff but I don't think ISTjs work all the time. This is a false stereotype. They are true leisure loving Betas At least the ones I know make a very clear distinction of "work time" and "leisure time". When they are working they 100% work. If people see them in this mode they might get the impression that they always work and never rest. However when they stop working they are 100% leisure. Generally they follow a pretty exact schedule like they can have a rule that after 5pm they don't do ANY work. And it has to be one helluva boss that can force them to work after that if they have decided that their leisure time starts at that precise moment. They just do everything 100% percent. Be it work or leisure or whatever. I don't know how well that fits to German society?
    I really think people overestimate German work ethics. I find Americans to be a lot more 100% when it comes to work, they don't get as many sick days and a lot less vacation.

If Germany were ISTj, it would be my conflictor.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Germany were ISTj, it would be my conflictor.
    Aww If you ever leave US you should move to your dual Japan

I can see how you need to understand that...

art?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Germany

Most socionists (as far as I know) type Germany as LSI. Caricature of Germans is very LSI-like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Germany

I've been looking for evidence that Germany is ISTj, and here's what I've got:

_Nobody_ crosses the street with redlights, even if there are no cars in sight (Ne polr?).

They drive very fast (Se) but in an orderly fashion, everybody stays in his lane (Ti).

If you stand on the bicycle lane they shout at you to get off, and don't slow down one bit (Se). The bicycle lane is for bicycles (Ti).

They don't care that much about good food and pretty looking things (subdued Si).
    LSI

Creepy-bg

****** and germany r dualz 4 lyfe <3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    ****** and germany r dualz 4 lyfe <3
    +1

except that ******'s dead

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit View Post
    _Nobody_ crosses the street with redlights, even if there are no cars in sight (Ne polr?).
    This is a good: I was recently stopped by a cop for running a red light on my bicycle. He asked: "Now you are not obliged to answer, but why did you do that?" I answered: "I looked left, I looked right, saw no cars in a million miles, so decided it was OK to cross" He: "But you can get a fine for that, don't you know that?" I: "Well, I'm not holidng you back" (I actually was shocked myself by this answer). He: "Okay, don't let me see you do it again".

I'm glad to live in an anarchistic city like Amsterdam. For some reason, Germans like it too
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    +1

except that ******'s dead
    LOL!
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with Germany is that it's filled with ****** and Swastikas.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Primarily in old East Germany from what I understand.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Primarily in old East Germany from what I understand.
    I think discojoe was joking, but anyway -- I worked as an independent consultant for a few months in the heart of eastern Germany, and in one of the cities with the highest unemployment rates. I like eastern Germany and I have been there many times. I never saw anything related to Nazis or swastikas, and there are plenty of non-European foreign workers there. If you go by statistics they do have more cases of Nazi-ish violence there than in the west, and extreme right-wing parties do get few votes, but it's all a tiny minority.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I think discojoe was joking, but anyway -- I worked as an independent consultant for a few months in the heart of eastern Germany, and in one of the cities with the highest unemployment rates. I like eastern Germany and I have been there many times. I never saw anything related to Nazis or swastikas, and there are plenty of non-European foreign workers there. If you go by statistics they do have more cases of Nazi-ish violence there than in the west, and extreme right-wing parties do get few votes, but it's all a tiny minority.
    I know he was joking, but sadly he was kind of right. There is a greater concentration of Neo-Nazis in eastern Germany, primarily for the reasons which you listed. I seem to recall several years ago in one election, Germany was worried due to the perceived high number of votes (for a minority party) received for extreme-right-wing parties in Saxony.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know he was joking, but sadly he was kind of right. There is a greater concentration of Neo-Nazis in eastern Germany, primarily for the reasons which you listed. I seem to recall several years ago in one election, Germany was worried due to the perceived high number of votes (for a minority party) received for extreme-right-wing parties in Saxony.
    Usually more so in Saxony-Anhalt than Saxony (two different states). Yes there is a greater concentration there, and one or two such parties do get some votes for the state parliaments, which is a concern, but, again, such people remain a small minority.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stereotypically, Germany is an LSI country. Whether or not the stereotypes ring true to reality is a different matter.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Germany is not LSI.

Germany is LS Heil !

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Germany is not LSI.

Germany is LS Heil !
    lol!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am goin to germany to find a german wife.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    1) Join the military, 2) be stationed in Germany, 3) find a wife. This seems to be the standard procedure for most Americans who have German wives.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    I heard they were hairy. That was in secondary school though, so it could've just been a rumour. Don't, by any means, take my word for it. I've seen hairless Jerries before.

1) Join the military, 2) be stationed in Germany, 3) find a wife. This seems to be the standard procedure for most Americans who have German wives.
    Woah woah woah. Ever heard of a time machine? WWII. Dress up as an Amerih-can after sto-ving avay in a boat to Hambarg, and you vill have greaaat Jar-man vife!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That happened to my uncle.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That happened to my uncle.
    Is that when cousin Joe was born?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Is that when cousin Joe was born?
    What.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IS THAT WHEN YOUR COUSIN JOE WAS BORN WHEN YOUR GRAND DAD GOT WITH THE GERMAN CHICK AND THEY MADE SWEET SWEET LOVE ON THE HARBOUR THUS PRODUCING COUSIN JOE YOUR COUSIN JOE WHO IS COUSIN TO DISCOJOE AKA PETER

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    IS THAT WHEN YOUR COUSIN JOE WAS BORN WHEN YOUR GRAND DAD GOT WITH THE GERMAN CHICK AND THEY MADE SWEET SWEET LOVE ON THE HARBOUR THUS PRODUCING COUSIN JOE YOUR COUSIN JOE WHO IS COUSIN TO DISCOJOE AKA PETER
    No.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast