Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta "aristocracy" and importance of someone knowing their right place

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta "aristocracy" and importance of someone knowing their right place

To the people who believe that they are Delta, I have a question for you.

How important is it for you to have individuals be in the "right" place or the place they "belong"? Do phrases like "I'll put you in the right place", "You don't belong here", "You are an outsider" appeal to you? Do you find yourself saying or thinking this often about other people? And do you find it necessary to enforce this belief?

Thank you.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well my personal feeling on this issue is that i like to be among friendly and good people who aren't out to get each other but instead have a mindset of unification in friendship. When such a peace is disturbed I do what i can to restore that ambiance, whether it's avoiding the offending types, or calling them out on their B.S, not necessarily to change their minds (because I acknowledge that most of the time it's impossible to change people), but at least to notify them that their behavior is not welcomed.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post

How important is it for you to have individuals be in the "right" place or the place they "belong"? Do phrases like "I'll put you in the right place", "You don't belong here", "You are an outsider" appeal to you? Do you find yourself saying or thinking this often about other people? And do you find it necessary to enforce this belief?

Thank you.
    Not important at all. I am only concerned about Se and how it effects me. But, as long as I have interference, I do just fine.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    Hm... I don't usually think in those terms, although context and purpose is important. For example, in a job situation, having people be in "their" places at the right times can be crucial. Like a theater putting on a play. Or in a school setting when teachers and students need to be in their classrooms during teaching hours. I'm not sure if that's entirely what you're getting at, though, because that has more to do with efficiency and productivity than being part of a social/relational-oriented group.

The one instance that stands out to me is, particularly when I was younger in my teens, sometimes I would not like when "outsiders" visited and took part in my extended family's weekly Sunday brunch. To me it disrupted normalcy. I think that was around the time when there had been a couple of deaths, though (thus a lot of emotional turmoil in me), because nowadays I'm actually the one doing the inviting.

I do, though, definitely think in terms of belonging. Like I belong to my family. But I tend to be more inclusive in that regard than exclusive. For example, if there's someone who doesn't belong, I'm more likely to ask them to join than say, "no, go away, you don't belong". When in groups where I feel confident, I tend to gravitate toward the loners and try to engage them and pull them into the "belonging".
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Hm... I don't usually think in those terms, although context and purpose is important. For example, in a job situation, having people be in "their" places at the right times can be crucial. Like a theater putting on a play. Or in a school setting when teachers and students need to be in their classrooms during teaching hours. I'm not sure if that's entirely what you're getting at, though, because that has more to do with efficiency and productivity than being part of a social/relational-oriented group.

The one instance that stands out to me is, particularly when I was younger in my teens, sometimes I would not like when "outsiders" visited and took part in my extended family's weekly Sunday brunch. To me it disrupted normalcy. I think that was around the time when there had been a couple of deaths, though (thus a lot of emotional turmoil in me), because nowadays I'm actually the one doing the inviting.

I do, though, definitely think in terms of belonging. Like I belong to my family. But I tend to be more inclusive in that regard than exclusive. For example, if there's someone who doesn't belong, I'm more likely to ask them to join than say, "no, go away, you don't belong". When in groups where I feel confident, I tend to gravitate toward the loners and try to engage them and pull them into the "belonging".
    Thanks a lot for copying my words and expressions.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Minde has you on ignore.

To the OP, I would never tell anyone they didn't belong somewhere. And I certainly wouldn't enforce it. Maybe it's more of a middle child thing than a Delta thing, but I try to intervene and get people talking in these cases. If one person says another didn't belong, I'd try to find out why and get that person included, if he/she wanted to be included.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

If she has me on ignor then she is not delta NF.
    I've had you on ignore three times so far. I think this is her first time, so she's behind me.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you keep getting me off ignor?
    LOL. Curiousity gets the better of me. We'll see if Minde can keep you on ignore, eh? I think she just put you on either today or late yesterday.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    I think it's important to be in the "right" place, to have a sense of belonging. If someone does not fit somewhere due to their personality or cultural values, then it might be best to just find somewhere where that person fits in. It's not a bad thing to not belong somewhere, it just shows that you are different, and you just need to find a place where you can be yourself.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    No, and it isn't type related.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    Is it function-related?
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it function-related?
    Let's look at it from a couple of perspectives:

Firstly, type, IEs, functions... None of them cause your behavior. I honestly do not think there's any phrases or actions a particular type can't do or is solely dominant over. Socionic types predict intertype relations via information metabolism, not personality traits. MBTI predicts intertype relations by personality traits. So, starting from that, no behavior can be directly linked to type, and therefore, neither can the phrases that you have come up with in the OP.

If we were to move past that, we'd have to find out the qualities that make up these statements and what could possibly lead to them. These phrases largely have to do with a sense of distinct order and believing everyone has a distinct place of belonging. This might seem like , as it is a system of qualitative data that shows relation and patterns between objects, and could be taken to organizing people easily. But this isn't the case, as there is more of an importance on a person being categorized and put away in the proper place, and this is less Socionics related; in general, people overall are not going to tell people they have a place they need to stay in. I don't think I've ever heard or said "You don't belong here, you're an outside" nor would I get any sort of satisfaction if someone had to be told that. I think if anyone heard that, there would be ill feeling towards the person taking on such an authoritative and superior position to make a claim like that. It just doesn't happen a lot. A need for order isn't Socionics type related, and the motivation to organize people into proper groupings is also unrelated. Sounds like a bad part from an XXFJ profile I once read.

The observance of a person "fitting" into a group of people can be observed under all of the IEs, distinctly , and , but potentially every one is plausible to use (in moderation). Overall, I think topical and passing traits like these can't be attributed to type, but in general, just to people as a whole.

Creepy-Cyclops

This is boring I want to re-type someone.

Creepy-Cyclops

Thank you.
    OK, srsly, for myself, no.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    This is boring I want to re-type someone.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I've had you on ignore three times so far. I think this is her first time, so she's behind me.
    Heh I wonder what quadra I am then D. This forum is nice again when I put miss little spammer on ignore, thirst time in my life probably have I not regreted doing this to someone.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    If people are disrupting/disturbing other people then yeh I would definately say something. If not then I cant see myself thinking or saying any of that. If I think someone does not belong somewhere I always have the option to either ignore or endure a little bit (as long as it does not make me crazy).
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    It's something I've thought about more consciously the last few years. Basically, it has to do with the lifestyle I want and how congruent with that people are.

I'm sensitive to 'cliques' and people fitting in, and where people belong and ought to be.

But mostly it's about "what kind of people do I want to associate with", and yes, it's something I'm judgmental about.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    It's something I've thought about more consciously the last few years. Basically, it has to do with the lifestyle I want and how congruent with that people are.

I'm sensitive to 'cliques' and people fitting in, and where people belong and ought to be.

But mostly it's about "what kind of people do I want to associate with", and yes, it's something I'm judgmental about.
    SAME.

I have an open heart for new friends and welcome all, but I heavily evaluate their morals, character, and lifestyle to know how close to allow them to associate with me.

I also look at who their friends are, because that speaks volumes.

That said, sometimes I am wrong in my initial assessment, and I leave that possibility open always.

That probably makes me seem like a bit of a snob, but i see it as caution.

As for cliques, I couldn't quite tell how you feel about them ryu from what you said, but I regard cliques with some degree of scorn. Why? Because I feel that putting oneself in a clique essentially suggests to others that you are not open to being friends. So it's sort of a contradiction but not. In a way I'm friends with everyone but with no-one, to put it in extreme terms. Or more mildly put, I'm open to being friends with anyone interested in being friends with me, but i am cautious about who I choose to become a select individual that I allow to get close to me in a psychological sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    no way. I would never say anything like that. Deltas are usually "more the merrier" in that people can do their own thing and be there, and it doesn't mean we're going to talk to that person non-stop the whole night anyway, so let them have fun.

If I really did believe a person has done some horrible thing and does not belong here, it will probably be done non-verbally, or in a subtle way. Or I might just leave early if it was bothering me that much. I might seem friendly but then just end up not talking to them, or just being a bit surface level w/ them or not as warm. I can be more business like instead of best friend-ish.

I've noticed ISTps when they don't like someone are still kind and nice but they sort of zone out and don't really say anything or get distracted. I think Deltas are usually pretty non-confrontational. However, I can imagine an ESTj saying those things if they thought the person had really done wrong (let's say the person who shows up has been saying racist things or murdered someone, etc.) the ESTj might then say that.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    No such thing as an "outsider" for me. Every one has something to add. Sure, I dislike individuals for whatever reason, but not for who they are as much as for what they might have done. Clubs are an excuse to exclude others, so i avoid clubs and social groups. Not that I would join anyway.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You always say that Sky.

So what is type related if not willingness to associate with others?
    ISTp
    SLI

Creepy-Cyclops

I've got friends who are most likely regarded as 'outsiders', although not always the case, it often happens that these people are more interesting.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    no way. I would never say anything like that. Deltas are usually "more the merrier" in that people can do their own thing and be there, and it doesn't mean we're going to talk to that person non-stop the whole night anyway, so let them have fun.
    Socionics Blog - December 2006

In groups with free circulation of extraverted ethics, participants rarely share their personal sentiments, but focus instead on externally visible expression such as telling funny stories, making loud comments, and trying to say everything in an emotionally expressive and creative manner. There is usually just one large group that people can join and leave as they see fit, and the group has the tendency to grow ever larger and include more and more people in its orbit by moving tables together, sharing food and drinks, and directing group attention at people hanging around the edges who might be feeling left out. Often these group sessions can last for hours and hours until the last diehards finally go to bed, thoroughly exhausted.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    You always say that Sky.

I was waiting for someone to call me out for that As I said in my post, I don't think topical traits are caused by type, which include something like excluding or including others. If you can apply that to common human experience, the behavior itself isn't type related, but the reasoning behind it might be. First of all, what goes behind the judgment "You don't belong?" Can you not go through each type and find why they would or would not say that? I, for one, cannot see myself saying that, it's extremely pompous. But if an NeFi, or TiSe, etc, did happen to say that to someone after experiencing a type of relation with another person, then I could try and deduce why. And even the reason might not be type related, for example, last night, I was with two other girlfriends at a pub, and we were drinking and minding our own business, and this drunk guy kept coming over and basically acted like a loud drunk and hit on us. We were polite and entertained minimal conversation, but moved away, and eventually, the bartender (without any signal from us) told the guy to fuck off and leave us alone. He continued until one of my friends told him we didn't want him around because we were trying to have a conversation and we weren't interested in talking about club life and how great it is getting drunk, and we didn't find philosophy to be an inappropriate topic over drinks. The bartender eventually called a cab for the guy to leave.

Now, was any of that type related? By multiple people, this guy was told to be excluded from us as a group. I'm sure if another person who was a lot more coherent and interesting might have joined our group and we wouldn't ask them to leave. And we can change this to a reoccurring example, maybe a friend of a friend who constantly behaves like this whenever we go out, and eventually, we do something to exclude him because, simply, loud asshole drunks are unpleasant when you don't want loud, asshole drunks around.

You could assign any type to my group of friends or bartender and not really have the events change. Some actions might have been different, but the overall action of wanting someone unpleasant away and doing the job of keeping your patrons from being harassed is generally not type related. And therefore, a lot of similar examples are not type related, and behavior overall isn't caused by type.

Now, to make the argument that there's a correlation between personality traits and type, I wouldn't really disagree with you, because I do see patterns of behavior in types, but there isn't a 1:1 relation between type and behavior.

As for "willingness to associate with others," doesn't that sound like there are other factors to be involved as well? Seeing that Xe leading types aren't socially extroverted by definition, and Xi aren't necessarily socially introverted, you have social adeptness get in the way. I met an extremely awkward NeTi before that just makes you feel uncomfortable, no matter what type you are. No one wanted to associate with him because he was constantly doing and saying embarrassing things, and I was at an Alpha/Beta dominated meeting. He just didn't have any qualities that sustained a person's enjoyment of his conversation. On the other note, I have an SiTe friend who is extremely pleasant at parties and gets the right kind of attention and accepts everyone's input and company.

Basically, this is a topic that has to deal with other variables than types. There isn't an overarching thought process that is present in Socionics that would determine whether or not someone is exclusive about who they have around them, and not necessarily why they choose to be exclusive with and from certain people.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Variables other than type are very frequently involved, I agree, and even if a behavior IS type related, different people might have the same outward behavior for different reasons. Even if each reason is type related, if the behavior is caused by different type-related reasons in each person, you can't relate the behavior to any given type. NeFi might include/exclude for one set of reasons, and SeTi might make the same outward inclusion or exclusion choices, but for a completely different set of reasons. Just looking at the behavior won't tell you which IEs were involved in the decision. And then some behaviors are influenced by type but mainly caused by non-socionic variables, or vice versa. People are too complicated to say "X behavior = Y type."

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    Your example was Fe-driven interaction though--beta/alpha.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Variables other than type are very frequently involved, I agree, and even if a behavior IS type related, different people might have the same outward behavior for different reasons. Even if each reason is type related, if the behavior is caused by different type-related reasons in each person, you can't relate the behavior to any given type. NeFi might include/exclude for one set of reasons, and SeTi might make the same outward inclusion or exclusion choices, but for a completely different set of reasons. Just looking at the behavior won't tell you which IEs were involved in the decision. And then some behaviors are influenced by type but mainly caused by non-socionic variables, or vice versa. People are too complicated to say "X behavior = Y type."
    I agree, i think motive behind the specific behavior is what speaks volumes about the function being used. But definitely, i'm sure sky's situation did have type-related elements to it. We dont have enough info about the subtleties to really judge that though.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Your example was Fe-driven interaction though--beta/alpha.
    I know.

Creepy-Cyclops

I know.
    Not sure of the relevance of it. If you are trying to imply that the poster was expressing their type as being 'Fe', then imo you've misread what the poster was actually saying.

If you've got the inclination, you could read what sky has posted, I think that also has some usefulness for what you might be trying to say.

Or maybe you just felt like quoting a paragraph from some website.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano
    You always say that Sky.

Yeah, there's some truth to this, but people having personalities also want to associate with others for reasons that might not be what's typically regarded as related to their types, I suppose in terms of associating with others in context of socionics that might not quite be type, but perhaps more so inter-type.

Hah, sometimes I take the outlook that objectively speaking we can't associate almost all aspects of personality with type, but on other hand it's fun to do so sometimes.

/pointless post a bit...

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    so, looks like cyrano was right after all, lol
    Right about what in particular? Not to say he's typically wrong, I usually like Cyrano's posts. This quote just seems to be taken out of context for something.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Not sure of the relevance of it. If you are trying to imply that the poster was expressing their type as being 'Fe', then imo you've misread what the poster was actually saying.
    I was referring to the social dynamics of the phrase "the more the merrier" which has imo always been something that I relate to Fe type behaviour. Typically Fe groups are described as ever expanding, taking in every random individual it can find.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In serfdom, under the watchful providence of his lord.

Creepy-Cyclops

I was referring to the social dynamics of the phrase "the more the merrier" which has imo always been something that I relate to Fe type behaviour. Typically Fe groups are described as ever expanding, taking in every random individual it can find.
    I think she meant the more the merrier in terms of letting people be who they are and not being 'forced' into behaving in an Fe way, at least that's what I remember from reading it, probably more, need to re-check....

Ah, ie rest of sentence:

Deltas are usually "more the merrier" in that people can do their own thing and be there, and it doesn't mean we're going to talk to that person non-stop the whole night anyway, so let them have fun.

'Fun' hasn't been specified in the way the paragraph you quoted says, and it seems you are focusing on 'the more the merrier' out of context - which is what I initially thought, backed up by you stating it here.

(Having fun is open to interpretation as to what the person meant, and by 'doing their own thing' means can equally mean not complying or not particularly focusing on 'Fe' to a large extent).

Anyway those are my thoughts, thank you for answering.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all who responded.

look.to.the.sky, you bring up an interesting perspective and have taken the question beyond the scope of what I intended, which is a good thing because it is good to define the boundaries of Socionics.

As Mariella stated before, though the outward manisfestation may be similar, it is possible to reduce the motivation to functions that are at play.

My answer to the question is that I tend not to do this either. I recall attempting to "purge" "outsiders" maybe twice; both were complicated processes. I echo a lot of what has already been said: the issue of an "outsider" only arises when I feel that the relationship within the group is at a detriment. Despite this, because I am not really aware of the group dynamic, others within the group bring this issue to me. From there, they leave it to me to decide how to deal with the "outsider", which I find incredibly uncomfortable because I much rather have everyone interact peacefully.

One solution I have come up with is to separate such individuals and create groups based on who works with them (aristocracy really helps here). I would not say my social circles are large, but I will boast about them being very diverse. And just as Minde mentioned before, I tend to spot the loners in a room and try to integrate them within the group.

To the more theoretical side of things, I tend to associate social awareness of "belonging" to Fi, Fe, and Ni. I think it's quite obvious why Fi and Fe would be involved.

Fi has the ability to identify outsiders if majority of the members within the group displays dislike towards the individual (however subtle it may be), but if the Fi-ego happens to like the individual, it may be problematic for them to sense the group contempt towards the outsider. Conversely, if the Fi-ego dislikes the individual but the group does not, the involvement of the individual depends on non-socionical factors.

Fe would identify outsiders if they don't participate on an emotional level. The emotional expression needn't always be positive (it could be anything within the spectrum from positive and negative), but nevertheless they will be sensitive to the way the moods of individuals interact. Still, Fe-egos will attempt to integrate all individuals into the group; the extent that they would do this depends on non-socionical factors.

Finally, the most subtle one is Ni. While both intuitive functions have a tendency to abstraction, they do it differently. Ne tends to analyze entities down to its components and from there see what can be made out of it. Ni, on the other hand, is aware of how the symbolic representations of entities interact with each other and the “image” that arises from these interactions. If one of the entities creates a sort of “dissonance” in the overall image, the entity does not belong.

I should also state that the other functions, Si, Ne, Ti, Te and Se can also identify the “outsiders”, but the “outsider” for these functions are not judged on a social level. The reason I think Ni plays a role in this social phenomenon is because it functions on a symbolic level, and symbolism, in my opinion, is a sociological consequence. This, of course, is open to debate.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right about what in particular? Not to say he's typically wrong, I usually like Cyrano's posts. This quote just seems to be taken out of context for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    so, looks like cyrano was right after all, lol
    I just asked a question. Sky gets this stuf way better than I EVER will.
    ISTp
    SLI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks to all who responded.
    To the more theoretical side of things, I tend to associate social awareness of "belonging" to Fi, Fe, and Ni. I think it's quite obvious why Fi and Fe would be involved.

Fi has the ability to identify outsiders if majority of the members within the group displays dislike towards the individual (however subtle it may be), but if the Fi-ego happens to like the individual, it may be problematic for them to sense the group contempt towards the outsider. Conversely, if the Fi-ego dislikes the individual but the group does not, the involvement of the individual depends on non-socionical factors.

Fe would identify outsiders if they don't participate on an emotional level. The emotional expression needn't always be positive (it could be anything within the spectrum from positive and negative), but nevertheless they will be sensitive to the way the moods of individuals interact. Still, Fe-egos will attempt to integrate all individuals into the group; the extent that they would do this depends on non-socionical factors.

Finally, the most subtle one is Ni. While both intuitive functions have a tendency to abstraction, they do it differently. Ne tends to analyze entities down to its components and from there see what can be made out of it. Ni, on the other hand, is aware of how the symbolic representations of entities interact with each other and the “image” that arises from these interactions. If one of the entities creates a sort of “dissonance” in the overall image, the entity does not belong.

I should also state that the other functions, Si, Ne, Ti, Te and Se can also identify the “outsiders”, but the “outsider” for these functions are not judged on a social level. The reason I think Ni plays a role in this social phenomenon is because it functions on a symbolic level, and symbolism, in my opinion, is a sociological consequence. This, of course, is open to debate.
    A lot of what you wrote is up for debate and the conclusions that you have reached about Ni, Ne and how they come to terms with incorporation of information is pure bullshit.

Fi dominents in EII identify the with not the "loner" first but rather with another emotional component which you did not mention.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of what you wrote is up for debate and the conclusions that you have reached about Ni, Ne and how they come to terms with incorporation of information is pure bullshit.
    Interesting. I didn't say much about Ne (and nothing about how it plays its part) and I would like to see your input on Ni.

And, while I don't care much for profanity, I am very disturbed that you have resorted to it, especially since it is completely unwarranted.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Interesting. I didn't say much about Ne (and nothing about how it plays its part) and I would like to see your input on Ni.

And, while I don't care much for profanity, I am very disturbed that you have resorted to it, especially since it is completely unwarranted.
    doesn't matter you overlooked one key component of EII, with regard to Fi...it's not that we identify with the "loner" it's something else; why don't you go find that so that can be a learning experience for you.
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast