TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bas Rutten

I am 90% sure. What do you folks think?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive heard alot of Bas, great Mma announcer.

Why does he seem like an SLE to you guys? I always got the impression that he was more intuitive.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I always got the impression that he was more intuitive.
    LOL

watch some more of his videos and tell me that he is intuitive.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is by far my favorite Bas Rutten video ever

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love it! I don't see how he can be anything other than SLE. I learned something too: "everybody underestimates the kick in the groin"

I'll keep that in mind.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Love it! I don't see how he can be anything other than SLE. I learned something too: "everybody underestimates the kick in the groin"

I'll keep that in mind.
    My first guess is SLE-Se, my second is SEE-Se
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems more EJ to me, maybe ESE or LSE.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    He seems more EJ to me, maybe ESE or LSE.
    so... you're saying he seems more caregiver than aggressor?

To me, the Se seems to jump out in the way he speaks.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does keep a straight poster, and speaks in a Te manner.

I don't know...
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll admit that I was wrong, he is most likely LSE IMO.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I listened to the interview without sound at first, just to observe his body language, and he just has this sort of contained presence and manner of movement that doesn't really speak to Se focus; his manner of gregariousness is sort of intentionally informal, as opposed to naturally casual; his energy is controlled and lighthearted, like an Si/Ne EJ, instead of natural, malleable and directed like an Se EP. He speaks as if things are "apparent," which is typical of Te types. His latent focus on posture and physical composure is very evident, a trait that I find is most prominent in Si-EJ types.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    This is by far my favorite Bas Rutten video ever

YouTube - Bas Rutten Street Defense - The Better Version
    Editing win
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always got the impression that he was more intuitive.
    I first saw him on a television show that focussed far more on his personal life than on his fighting career. From what I saw on that show, I initially thought of him as ENTj. Notice that he got into the whole fighting bussiness by being targeted as a victim first. His fighting style can easily be interpreted as being based more on comprehension and technical prowess than on "raw" physicality (although that physicality is also there; which isn't incompatible with ENTj).

Also more of a Positivist (ENTj) than Negativist (ESTj), and Result (quick changes between states) rather than Process (focussed immersion in a single task), in the second video posted.

ESTjs look more "boring" than he does, in my experience. Jean Claude van Damme and Arnold Schwarzenegger (maybe Chuck Norris too; definitely Delta ST) are examples.

Other than that I wouldn't be strongly opposed to calling him ESTj or even ESTp. Just a few hunches.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a bit of a long shot but I think the video above could be about him fighting some ESFj and getting PoLR hit by the quirkiness of his behavior.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 05-14-2010 at 05:27 AM.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this thread and I'm glad to see others typed him LSE, since that's what he is.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca