Thread: I think a gay ISTp 'likes' me

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I think a gay ISTp 'likes' me

lol

So ive known this guy for over a year now and we are good friends. We do our own thing but when we catch up we have a good time. He is younger than me and often asks advice about his work / relationships. He is struggling at work in what appears to be an Fe heavy environment, and he is expected to use it too. Anyway, he has been with quite a few girls since ive known him but i did always wonder on some level. He has one of those high pitched voices that ive noticed in gay people for some reason. He calls me cute and kind of jokingly flirted (thats what i assumed anyway). I have other friends that have done the same. So about 1 month ago he was in my room and he said "I think im gay". In a really joking and light hearted way. He said "what would you do if i was gay?". I said, "I wouldn't do anything that would be fine". He said "what would you do if i hit on you?". I said, "I wouldn't respond because im not gay".

So about two days later i asked him to see a movie. LOLOL i just wanted to see Kick ass but i might have confused him. He said he would go but shot me down 3 days in a row, so i saw it with someone else. Since then, i haven't spoken to him and he is treating me a little strangely. He has told me many times before that he subscribes to the idea of "treat them mean to keep them keen". Ive explained to him i think that idea is totally retarded but i think he might be trying to treat me mean to keep me keen or something. The whole situation is quite humorous to me actually. We have a mutual LSE friend who calls him a gay cun% all the time and i dont know if hes joking or he senses something too.

I spoke to a gay IEI i work with and he said he doesn't think bisexuals exist. lol. I didn't think gay people would be attracted to someone who wasn't gay for some reason. If i find out a girl is a lesbian it puts me off quite quick. The problem is how i treat guys. I can never really break the barrier with girls, but i tend to draw my friends in very very close. I tend to enjoy having a close relationship with everyone i care about but this time its caused a problem haha. I think im just going to ask him if he is gay as the poor guy might be really struggling with it.

Gay ISTp.

Anyone know a gay ENFp?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meatburger!
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do know a gay ENFp but he's already in a relationship.

LOL though.

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    lol

I can never really break the barrier with girls, but i tend to draw my friends in very very close. I tend to enjoy having a close relationship with everyone i care about but this time its caused a problem haha. I think im just going to ask him if he is gay as the poor guy might be really struggling with it.

Gay ISTp.

Anyone know a gay ENFp?
    LOL i'm the same way with guys vs girls (i'm a girl). Hard for me to break the barrier with guys (especially ones i'm attracted to) but am really outgoing and close with my platonic friends (mostly Fi-valuing girls).

So about two days later i asked him to see a movie. LOLOL i just wanted to see Kick ass but i might have confused him. He said he would go but shot me down 3 days in a row, so i saw it with someone else. Since then, i haven't spoken to him and he is treating me a little strangely. He has told me many times before that he subscribes to the idea of "treat them mean to keep them keen". Ive explained to him i think that idea is totally retarded but i think he might be trying to treat me mean to keep me keen or something. The whole situation is quite humorous to me actually. We have a mutual LSE friend who calls him a gay cun% all the time and i dont know if hes joking or he senses something too.
    OMG, that must be the SLI way. I was on the receiving end of that from my dual. It worked too. Until he went and got a girlfriend after i moved away. Then i just broke all ties. But heck, it's STILL working, I like him more than ever, even though i'm fighting it and i know it's totally irrational and am trying to move on. Sigh. . .:frown: DARNED Fi-HA!!!!!!!!!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Creepy-bg

Anyone know a gay ENFp?
    I know two, but they're both lesbians unfortunately.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know a gay ENFp?
    sup yo

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    About this dude, you should just let Arctures know, he might just be willing to travel the distance
    I've always wanted to go to Australia
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    OMG, that must be the SLI way. I was on the receiving end of that from my dual. It worked too. Until he went and got a girlfriend after i moved away. Then i just broke all ties. But heck, it's STILL working, I like him more than ever, even though i'm fighting it and i know it's totally irrational and am trying to move on. Sigh. . .:frown: DARNED Fi-HA!!!!!!!!!!
    I know it definitely does work to some degree! Fight it though, because i refuse to let that shitty behavior win :wink:

OMG its Felafel, BG and Jem

Hey Arctures! Wow i didn't realise. I will gather some more information and let you know. He is good looking and a nice guy. Studying economics and law. You might have to come for a trip
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to sound like a party pooper, but I don't know what's so funny :/. Is it that it's rare to find a gay ISTp?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Not to sound like a party pooper, but I don't know what's so funny :/. Is it that it's rare to find a gay ISTp?
    I think the humor is more in the idea of a homosexual man making advances for a heterosexual man. xD

Hey Arctures! Wow i didn't realise. I will gather some more information and let you know. He is good looking and a nice guy. Studying economics and law. You might have to come for a trip
    I would be surprised if you did realize, seeing as how we've never really met before

Also I think some sort of evidence of his ISTpness (lol) would be helpful.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    He is the first gay one i have ever come across so its different for me. I find it funny because i feel stuck in a tough situation. I want to be his friend but fear i might keep him interested. Poor guy is my dual :wink:

The way he is acting is also funny, he seems to be trying to play hard to get.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    I think the humor is more in the idea of a homosexual man making advances for a heterosexual man. xD
    He is the first gay one i have ever come across so its different for me. I find it funny because i feel stuck in a tough situation. I want to be his friend but fear i might keep him interested. Poor guy is my dual :wink:

The way he is acting is also funny, he seems to be trying to play hard to get.
    Ahh, ok. Has he spanked you yet?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a totally funny situation. He must think meatburger is at least open to the idea to be attempting to play him. lol.

But it's just cute though, because being that good of friends I'm sure it'll work out fine, after he finally realizes meatburger is straight. Those ISTps can really get set on a goal though, so hopefully he'll realize that sooner rather than later!

Still, let's hope his friend finds an ENFp though because that'd be cute!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)