Thread: Which types are more openly affectionate in public?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which types are more openly affectionate in public?

And why?
    ENTp... love it

3w2

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay! Something actually type related! Fe-valuers are more openly affectionate in public. And as to why... ummm... 'cause they value Fe...? I dunno. Because they can best understand an emotional bond (Fi) through its explicit manifestation in outwardly-directed/displayed emotion (Fe). That's more true for the Ti egos. And then Fe egos just like expressing emotions. It's burdensome to us to have an emotion and not express it, regardless of where we are.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SLI husband and I are not openly affectionate in public. I am a bit sometimes, but it makes him uncomfortable so I am careful with it. He can be very affectionate in private, but he does not at all like being affectionate in public, and is uncomfortable if I am very affectionate in public. I can touch his back or something, but even hand holding in public seems to make him uncomfortable.

I agree this is an Fe thing.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it also matters what position Fe is in. Fe base types, I think, would be the most openly affectionate, followed by Fe creatives. Logical types who value Fe, aren't as likely to be as openly affectionate but they are probably moreso than logical types who don't value Fe.

As for myself, I'm okay with some public affection like hand holding. I get embarrased when things get too gushy or sexually suggestive.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I think it also matters what position Fe is in. Fe base types, I think, would be the most openly affectionate, followed by Fe creatives. Logical types who value Fe, aren't as likely to be as openly affectionate but they are probably moreso than logical types who don't value Fe.

As for myself, I'm okay with some public affection like hand holding. I get embarrased when things get too gushy or sexually suggestive.
    Actually, I think Fe-HAs are relatively equally likely as Fe-creatives to be openly affectionate. And I think that LSIs are probably slightly more likely to be openly affectionate than LIIs as well. But I dunno, dualized LXIs can be VERY emotionally open. Never in the same way as an Fe-base, but they can be really emotionally energetic, I suppose is the word.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I agree this is an Fe thing.
    Not so. I know an SEE who is very touchy-feely in public, and an ILE who's rather uncomfortable with being touched too much when there are other people around.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh I hate holding hands. It's so awkward.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excessive PDAs should be outlawed. A kiss is fine. Even a lingering one is just about acceptable. But any longer than three seconds, and the person should be fined. Groping and shit like that should definitely not be allowed.

Clubs don't count.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first reaction was just to agree with it just being related. But I do know some exceptions, so i'm not sure if they are just exceptions (because Socionics is correlative and not casual to personality traits) or there is something else to it. It is possible that for a couple to be affectionate in public at all, there has to be someone strong in Fx, as far as that goes, I haven't seen an exception. My NeTi best friend had a good relationship with a TiSe, but no one would ever know they dated because they had zero public affection, but in private it was there, but when she dated an SeFi, it was very obvious and mostly because of the SeFi.

I'd like to see some other answers, or, if anyone else has other ideas. I can agree for the most part that -leads are most likely going to be more affectionate in public.

Creepy-

Types of the people I know who I've found to be particularly affectionate in public: ESE, EIE, SEE, and XSE.

All they seem to have in common type-wise is extraversion.

i don't think that dual pairs are overly affectionate in public,but activity ones.Mostly Es.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Not so. I know an SEE who is very touchy-feely in public, and an ILE who's rather uncomfortable with being touched too much when there are other people around.
    SEEs have strong Fe, though unvalued. And ILEs have weak Fe though valued. Whether it is valued is part of it, whether it's strong is part of it, and another big part is who the other person with whom would be affectionate is and what that person values and is strong at.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Excessive PDAs should be outlawed. A kiss is fine. Even a lingering one is just about acceptable. But any longer than three seconds, and the person should be fined. Groping and shit like that should definitely not be allowed.

Clubs don't count.
    Fuck you, you yaself are kommie! a cruel one, lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    It's burdensome to us to have an emotion and not express it, regardless of where we are.
    which is why I got into so much trouble in highschool