Thread: Examples of Sx/So enneagram type 5s

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Examples of Sx/So enneagram type 5s

Last edited by aixelsyd; 08-12-2011 at 10:25 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Russ Hudson, one of the co-authors of Wisdom of the Enneagram claims to a be a 5w4 sx/so.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephen Wolfram is one of the most obvious examples. Video:

Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Stephen Wolfram is one of the most obvious examples. Video:
    hmm did you come up with that all by yourself?
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    hmm did you come up with that all by yourself?
    Yeah, of course?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-cinq

I find these descriptions of 5 stackings reasonable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I would also say I am really intense but I like to socialize and be a part of interest groups, but I am rarely one to jump to a leadership position or to gain any acclaim unless it benefits a prospective relationship I want to have happen or is already in place. Otherwise I think being recognized and given awards is meaningless. I also get annoyed when I am having a moment with someone or have a chance to have a moment with someone I am deeply interested in to be ruined by outside infiltrations and interruptions by the 'other' people in our social clique. I actually tend to get bored and uncomfortable when there are more than two or three people, even if I know them well, and look for more one on discussions, but only if there is enough rapport, of course, to go beyond trite small talk and politeness.
    You're missing the forest for the trees. The overarching concern here is your social position within a group. If you get bored when there are too many people around, that could just be your instinct telling you you're losing your status in the group and it's time to find another way to do the social climbing that is typical of so/sp.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think niffweed types himself as 5 sx/so.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I don't care for social climbing, though. I am more concerned about people who I feel strongly for. Without those people, I lose my drive and go searching for something I can be consumed with and to give me ambition. I was not a climber except for a few years ago. I was always focused on one-to-one or really close knit relationships for as long as I can remember and had bouts of misanthropic depression because of my reclusive nature conflicting with that side of me.

sx/so would also explain my sometimes bouts of edginess and dramatics when with people I am really comfortable with. I also find myself most drawn to those who I think are prolly sx/so in being intense but open, even the introverts, in a sense, and having a certain energy about them. I tend to get bored with most other people for being too...plain, even if people think I am plain because I am very reserved in most circumstances.

The idea of being ahead in the world doesn't appeal to me if I can't be somebody to someone who is somebody to me, as well.

I also identify with having this all conflict with my need for autonomy and fearing seeing that compromised.

I want to be accepted socially, don't get me wrong, and the only choices I think are reasonable other than sx/so which I am sort of thinking now would be so/sx and sx/sp.
    The way you talk about close knit relationships... I think your idea of what these are is totally different from how an sx/so or sx/sp would see it. You talk like it's something you need in order to feel motivated. You're also underestimating how much control our instincts have over us. Intimacy seems to be something you pick and choose. You get "bored" with people that are too plain. Why? Are they not representative of the kind of people you want to associate with? That's so/sp to the max.

btw becoming depressed over a lack of intimacy seems more like something an sx last would run into rather than an sx first. I mean, it's more likely that an sx last would neglect their need for close personal connections. Of course, you value your close friends, just like I do, just like everyone does.
    Last edited by electric sheep; 05-09-2010 at 11:42 PM.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea about sx/so Fives, but thank you for this thread - links posted were useful, it's rather clear now I'm sx/sp, not sp/sx.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Max from the movie Pi is probably an ILI-Ni 5w4 sx/so 5w4/4w3/9w1