View Poll Results: I want a Delta Lounge that is free from people arguing about someone's type

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 77.78%
  • No

6 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more bitching about people's types in Delta Lounge

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No more bitching about people's types in Delta Lounge

Vote

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm voting yes even though I've done it. My headache is gone and my mood has improved.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See also Delta moderation | Individual thread moderation - the16types.info Socionics Forums

Someone brought up the idea of being able to moderate your own threads, the ones you create.

I don't know if that is feasible, but I'd consider it for "my" Delta Lounge thread.

I am tired Marisa bringing up peoples types in that thread. I don't want that. I want to have a thread. It's not just about Maritsa either, the bickering going on there, back and forth, about 'typing' of people, is unappealing. Yes, I have beena part of it.

But I want to take action to stop that, and keep the lounge (at least the lounge thread - I know this is a socionics forum and people are going to bring up socionic stuff) - but keep the lounge free from arguing about it.

I've started a poll in delta.

IDK what to ask for in terms of solutions - if there should be a mod, or what. But I want to see what the options are for dealing with this.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Vote
    Fuck you!

I though you were the Te of the game.

You don't act like one.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yawn... oh hello maritsa

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    Yawn... oh hello maritsa
    are you feeling better?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Tell me something about you, Maritsa

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any data/fact which you hold dear

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    any data/fact which you hold dear
    I hold ideas better then datas and facts; for datas and facts I have to reference the sources and pull them, then hilight the information I seek to address, just like lawyers when they try to show something. By first, referencing to the code then bring the argument to match up the code.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't control who votes in the poll.

I'd rather it would be of people who actually want to use the thread, than people, say, watching bitching for entertainment purposes.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ignore function is also an option - I suggest trying it out.

El Presidente de Mi Cabeza GallopingQwerty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forgot an option for "Oh dear GOD yes please!". A simple yes will have to do.

And I'm all for individual thread moderation as well in some cases... some would abuse it (i.e. edit what other people are saying or just deleting posts by people they don't like), but I think people would quickly learn whose threads to avoid in that case.

I haven't even been here two weeks and I am heartily tired of seeing all the fights surrounding Maritsa. Take it outside, please.
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

No trees were destroyed in sending this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I am definitely a 7, and most likely an IEE. Stay tuned for further updates.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it is an option, is it really desirable to kick type-bitching out of the Delta Lounge, possibly leading it to spill out elsewhere? I find merit in encouraging people to take their disputes to a more appropriate thread, such ashttp://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...dentified.html, but I also think forced silencing is only going to anger any possible type-debaters and create more of a problem than it solves, making the system ultimately inefficient.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd want to mudwrestle with some of the delta hotties

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    We should just create a socionics PvP tournament style MUD called Battle-Typing and let people take their inner frustrations and work, relationship, sexual frustration, and self-esteem related stress out through that.
    hilarious! The title of the thread was also funny. At first I thought it was going to say "No more bitching about SLIs by IEEs" (which I wouldn't be surprised to see eventually, except that all of us IEEs are so love-able in the way in which we bitch sorta jking.

I think "battle typing" would best be found in beta, no? Though it sounds highly entertaining...kind of like Iron Chef (often a fav show in the Beta quadra from what I've seen).

To break the rule (sorry), it does seem that Maritsa may be ESFj, because look at her reaction to this thread...I thought it was funny. And I'm guessing the INFjs didn't really care either way? (tell me if I'm wrong of course). I think Martisa is likeable, but I can see her and Ryu having one of those "lookalike" "cooperation" "comparative" (whatever we're calling it these days).
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I can see her and Ryu having one of those "lookalike" "cooperation" "comparative" (whatever we're calling it these days).
    Business?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ignore function is also an option - I suggest trying it out.
    I have, actually, for the very first time. It's kind of strange. I'm still getting used to it. I don't like at all that I've been driven to it - up until now I thought I could handle most things like this ("they're just posts"), but in some ways I suppose it is relieving. It's still kind of upsetting, though, when some of it still seeps through. But we'll see how it goes...
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's just gotten to the point where I don't want to deal with it. I don't like blinding myself intentionally, but, I'm just so tired of trying to talk sensibly to Maritsa and ending up going nowhere that I don't care.

In some ways, I feel like if I keep talking to her, I just feel like I'm fooling myself by thinking she's trying to converse with me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sadly, I don't think the INFjs tend to be down for that (at least the one's I've known -- not that I've directly asked them this, but I'm just assuming). It's just so muddy and there could be germs in there. Unless you get some high-quality organic mud that is free of germs and then they'd be totally down, am I right INFjs?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lobo would be down.

And what about you, Jewels?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay, Ryu!! ur the best!!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lobo would be down.

And what about you, Jewels?
    I'll pass, just because it's undignified. . .unless of course it's with you Ryu, then we'll just have a big muddy bear hug.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd also pass, one because it's mud and that's gross. And two, like WorkaholicsAnon said, it is undignified. Though if you take the raunchy element out of it, it could of course be fun, because what ENFp wouldn't do something random like that?

Though I know they have some sort of marathon type thing in Phoenix where they have to go through mud, but it's more "athletic" and more dignified. Still would be gross, but I would prob do that.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on the circumstances, I think I wouldn't mind playing in mud, but not wrestling. More like what I used to do with my campers when I worked at a camp, when we'd go play in the creek. Splashing around, bare feet, finding "treasures"... Mud on my skin can be ok, like on my arms and legs or in designs. So long as there's a shower nearby and I don't have to look nice. But for me it would be all very gentle stuff.

So, um, yeah, no mud wrestling for me in the rough or raunchy sense.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I love wrestling, have even gotten bruised and dislocated my shoulder twice but still love it )

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I'll pass, just because it's undignified. . .unless of course it's with you Ryu, then we'll just have a big muddy bear hug.

I'd also pass, one because it's mud and that's gross. And two, like WorkaholicsAnon said, it is undignified. Though if you take the raunchy element out of it, it could of course be fun, because what ENFp wouldn't do something random like that?

Though I know they have some sort of marathon type thing in Phoenix where they have to go through mud, but it's more "athletic" and more dignified. Still would be gross, but I would prob do that.
    Fair enough.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Depending on the circumstances, I think I wouldn't mind playing in mud, but not wrestling. More like what I used to do with my campers when I worked at a camp, when we'd go play in the creek. Splashing around, bare feet, finding "treasures"... Mud on my skin can be ok, like on my arms and legs or in designs. So long as there's a shower nearby and I don't have to look nice. But for me it would be all very gentle stuff.

So, um, yeah, no mud wrestling for me in the rough or raunchy sense.
    Mud wrestling doesn't have to be raunchy : / It could be like playfighting in water with someone, etc.

Your version of playing in mud sounds enjoyable, to be honest. It reminds me of one of my beach-excursions when I went to Africa. One of the beaches on an island was rather nice, therapeutic to walk on almost.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    (I love wrestling, have even gotten bruised and dislocated my shoulder twice but still love it )
    That's 'cause you're a boy. I've noticed that the male species in general is a bit more physical, even the intuitives.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazedrat's signature
    Minde: I will help you in your hunt for information on Maritsa33
    Offers of help are considerate, but I'm not collecting data on Maritsa. In fact, right now I have her on ignore, which would effectively hinder my attempts to do so even if I wanted to. If you have any suggestions to me on how to make the situation better I'd appreciate that, since I don't like how things are going. But otherwise I'm just going to try to ignore her. Feel free to continue on your own, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you INFjs can be much wilder than ENFps at times... jk I see what you're saying

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you INFjs can be much wilder than ENFps at times... jk I see what you're saying
    Someone called me a "hot mess" recently. I thought it was very strange.

Creepy-Cyclops

I was out with an INFj earlier this week and a couple of times she seemed fascinated with hitting me on the arm.

INFjs, so violent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo
    Someone called me a "hot mess" recently. I thought it was very strange.
    Urban Dictionary: hot mess

Hot Mess:

When ones thoughts or appearance are in a state of disarray but they maintain an undeniable attractiveness or beauty.

Although Nichole had just awaken, her boyfriend thought she was stunning - she was a hot mess.

Are you Nichole?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'l agree to this and apologize for being a party in derailing the lounge

pass, unless you substitute mud for gummybears or nutella
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-Cyclops

Mud wrestling happens on the isle of wight.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    That's 'cause you're a boy. I've noticed that the male species in general is a bit more physical, even the intuitives.
    boys are naughty

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    you're a hot mess.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I'm voting yes even though I've done it. My headache is gone and my mood has improved.
    I'm glad to hear that
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote that it is an inappropriate place to do such things.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I'l agree to this and apologize for being a party in derailing the lounge

pass, unless you substitute mud for gummybears or nutella

OOOOO!! I'll do it in nutella too!! But still not wrestle.

Nutella hug!!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Fuck you!

I though you were the Te of the game.

You don't act like one.