Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Circular Typing

  1. #1
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Circular Typing

    Well, INTp posters here are most striking to me in terms of reminding me of myself but, functionally, I think ENTp fits better. Some have said I'm INTj, but there again, I'm not sure. I need some distinguishing factors. I've read quite a bit on here about the three types and had pretty much decided on ENTp a few months ago. Lately, though, some of you INTps are really hauting me (not a bad thing, btw). For anyone who might want to get more of a feel for my writing style, I'm active on INTPCentral as "waxwing." Here are some pics (unfortunately I rarely look straight into the camera).

    (removed images)

  2. #2
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whatever your type is, your eyes are absolutely captivating.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  4. #4
    Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    entp
    Posts
    695
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nope she doesn't deserve that..

    shes not beta though!! haha sucker!

    edit; and I dont even want to begin to talk about whats happening outside the upper right picture
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    westfield, nj usa
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Circular Typing

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    Well, INTp posters here are most striking to me in terms of reminding me of myself but, functionally, I think ENTp fits better. Some have said I'm INTj, but there again, I'm not sure. I need some distinguishing factors. I've read quite a bit on here about the three types and had pretty much decided on ENTp a few months ago. Lately, though, some of you INTps are really hauting me (not a bad thing, btw). For anyone who might want to get more of a feel for my writing style, I'm active on INTPCentral as "waxwing." Here are some pics (unfortunately I rarely look straight into the camera).
    i'm not great at figuring out type by picture. however speaking as an INTp male, i don't care much for my own looks. i don't like to fuss. your hair looks fussed with with all the crimping and combing and stuff. i can't tell by the clothes. i don't see a lot of make up, so i think that's an NT trait. and the glasses seem very NT'ish to me, as i've seen them on quite a few people online that has that style.

    it's interesting to note that your head is leaning over in every one of those shots. i wonder if that's an I trait, trying to sort of hide from the camera.
    INTJ, INTp, ILI

  6. #6
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Circular Typing

    i'm not great at figuring out type by picture. however speaking as an INTp male, i don't care much for my own looks. i don't like to fuss. your

    hair looks fussed with with all the crimping and combing and stuff. i can't tell by the clothes. i don't see a lot of make up, so i think that's an NT trait. and the glasses seem very NT'ish to me, as i've seen them on quite a few people online that has that style.
    Haha. I actually haven't combed my hair in over two weeks. It's naturally curly (eer, half curly, half straight), and those yellow parts are there because I am letting old streaks grow out, something that nobody who really cares about their hair does. I also shaved my head impulsively once in college and had absolutely no concern for awkward growing out stages. I liked the "nakedness." Clothes -- mostly threadbare.

    it's interesting to note that your head is leaning over in every one of those shots. i wonder if that's an I trait, trying to sort of hide from the camera.
    Interesting point. Not sure.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not sure yet, reyn_til_runa. I have taken a look at some of your posts at intpcentral.com, but the results of that "investigation" have, so far, not been conclusive.

    I have also thought about your look. I'm not sure about that either, but, at the moment, I can't rule out the possibility that you have the exact same "subtype look" of ENTps that I have seen in two (100 % sure) ENTps that I know personally. The only problem is that I'm not 100 % sure that I have grasped that kind of ENTp look yet.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And just when I had sent my last post I realized that your look reminds me of another person that you also might have seen. The person I am thinking of is the former Swedish skier Pernilla Wiberg. I am not saying that you are the same type as she, but maybe it is an argument for you being an E type, since Wiberg is definitely an E type.

  9. #9
    Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    entp
    Posts
    695
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pernillas and hers lips are different, the facial structure is different, their looks and the feeling you get from each of them is different.

    The untrained eye might however see they are alike :wink:
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

  10. #10
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Compare her with other ILE women (especially Michelle Rodriguez):

    http://socionika.net/index.php?optio...=46&Itemid=129
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  11. #11
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also compare her to SLI women (especially Sigourney Weaver):
    http://socionika.net/index.php?optio...=59&Itemid=129
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  12. #12
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm going with SLI based on VI: the resemblance to Sigourney Weaver is pretty clear to me.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  14. #14
    Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    entp
    Posts
    695
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mulder is da r0xxor type!! arent he?
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

  15. #15
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    First off, I think resemblance is a matter of opinion and personal observations, so we're not going to get very far here.

    Secondly, socionics.org is the premier source for all socionics information on the web, so you're shooting yourself in the foot by saying that we should take the opinions of an oft-questioned socionist over that of a far more trusted source.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would be very surprised if reyn_til_runa were the same type as Sigourney Weaver. Weaver looks like a J type, reyn looks like a P type. And even if Weaver is an SLI, she does not look like the same type as reyn_til_runa.

  17. #17
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, I'm not infallible, but I can see a facial similarity. Maybe others don't. Fine. I still have yet to see anyone come up with an alternate case.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  18. #18
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,627
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't see any similarity gilligan.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  19. #19
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Then I guess I'm the only one.

    Can anyone else see the similarities with Michelle Rodriguez (ENTp)?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can anyone else see the similarities with Michelle Rodriguez (ENTp)?
    At least she is more similar to Rodriquez than to Weaver.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    992
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Just a Guess

    She looks like an ENTP to me.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson


  22. #22
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mike_INTJ triggered my sensitivity when he said it looked like I fussed with my hair. I am not defensive about many things, but I hate it when people mistake me for being overly concerned with my appearance. My reaction is like: "Who do you think you are for presuming you know how I take care of my appearance!" (i.e. I don't take care of my looks, so don't suggest that I do). Funny thing is that I'm really not sensitive to people thinking I'm a slob. I just nod and agree. Not sure where this comes from, but I'm guessing the origin is related to a weaker function of mine. I only mention that to possibly help in this typing process, not because I'm really bothered.

    Carry on.

  23. #23
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    Mike_INTJ triggered my sensitivity when he said it looked like I fussed with my hair. I am not defensive about many things, but I hate it when people mistake me for being overly concerned with my appearance. My reaction is like: "Who do you think you are for presuming you know how I take care of my appearance!" (i.e. I don't take care of my looks, so don't suggest that I do). Funny thing is that I'm really not sensitive to people thinking I'm a slob. I just nod and agree. Not sure where this comes from, but I'm guessing the origin is related to a weaker function of mine. I only mention that to possibly help in this typing process, not because I'm really bothered.
    .
    That suggests as either a role function or PoLR, which would make you an INTp or ENTj respectively.

    The way you describe it suggests role function, but your reaction suggests PoLR to me.

    EDIT: I just read about your having shaved your head impulsively. That is very non-ENTj. So I guess INTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  24. #24
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    Mike_INTJ triggered my sensitivity when he said it looked like I fussed with my hair. I am not defensive about many things, but I hate it when people mistake me for being overly concerned with my appearance. My reaction is like: "Who do you think you are for presuming you know how I take care of my appearance!" (i.e. I don't take care of my looks, so don't suggest that I do). Funny thing is that I'm really not sensitive to people thinking I'm a slob. I just nod and agree. Not sure where this comes from, but I'm guessing the origin is related to a weaker function of mine. I only mention that to possibly help in this typing process, not because I'm really bothered.
    .
    That suggests as either a role function or PoLR, which would make you an INTp or ENTj respectively.

    The way you describe it suggests role function, but your reaction suggests PoLR to me.

    EDIT: I just read about your having shaved your head impulsively. That is very non-ENTj. So I guess INTp.

    It's possible that I've described it poorly. Or maybe it's normal for internal and external reaction to differ in this case.

    I can see either or as POLR, but what I'm really unsure of is the role of for the INTp. I'm confused by the id, if this is in fact my type. In my limited understanding I might have placed and first and second. I'm obviously confused and think that I'd benefit from a 3d visual to get a feel for how these functions interplay. Alas, I can't make sense of functions being listed in static form.

  25. #25
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You have that INTP shocker of a smile.

    ESFp: Why would you hide that from the world.

    My opinion on type is biased: INTx.
    thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •