Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 44

Thread: Are LIIs-INTjs reliable people?

  1. #1
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Are LIIs-INTjs reliable people?

    Would you (LII) consider yourself a reliable person? What does reliable mean to you?
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  2. #2
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I MUST do anything I agree to do.
    If I don't do what I MUST do I FAIL, and that's no good.
    Consequently I don't agree to do much.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  3. #3
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I was thinking, they may act very much like me, which is yes they would be very reliable, when they can get to doing whatever they promised to do; but, that they are not inflicted with guilt as we are.
    oh and they don't try to guilt trip people. That's how LIIs are different from EIIs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I MUST do anything I agree to do.
    If I don't do what I MUST do I FAIL, and that's no good.
    Consequently I don't agree to do much.
    I try not to give people an opportunity to let me down, if that makes any sense. Once I'm disappointed, it's hard to shake my perception of someone as unreliable.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  4. #4
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    please don't hijack my thread maritsa
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  5. #5
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Would you (LII) consider yourself a reliable person? What does reliable mean to you?
    I consider myself to be very reliable. If I say I'm going to do something, I try to do it if at all possible and if I don't do it, there had better be a very good reason. For me, alot of it ties in with the Fi role function. Keeping my promises to others and not letting others down.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  6. #6
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I MUST do anything I agree to do.
    If I don't do what I MUST do I FAIL, and that's no good.
    Consequently I don't agree to do much.
    You've expressed my own views on the subject precisely and succinctly.
    Quaero Veritas.

  7. #7
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They're supposed to be. Myself, I tend not to be very reliable.

    People who are not "reliable" and are less confident in their self typing are likely not to speak up out of fear of having their type doubted.

  8. #8
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  9. #9
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How do you do that? Remind them of the issues or simply never (or very rarely) do you assign tasks to people, fearing they'd let you down?
    I assume people are unreliable. It's the only sensible thing to do.

    Another question is: what about you, do you let people down or fulfill what is assigned to you diligently?
    I forget about some detail of the assignment, or end up committing to it in a half-assed way because something more important turned up.

  10. #10
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I assume people are unreliable. It's the only sensible thing to do.
    Agreed.
    Quaero Veritas.

  11. #11
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmmm reliable might not be the right word. Maybe just someone who I know will be there when I need them. I rarely if ever need favors from people, but it's just really nice to have someone there that I wont have to go track down or do the scheduling thing, trying to find out when a good time/day is.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  12. #12
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,482
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ne egos are the most attuned to their feelings of interest and disinterest and cater to them above everything else, so taking responsibility is hard for them unless it's interesting or challenging in some way.

    ILEs sometimes make promises they can't keep because they're afraid the other person will stop liking them if they refuse. Except at the time they genuinely believe they can fulfill the promise.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  13. #13
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hehe, this is an interesting question. I have terrible self-discipline but I generally expect people (myself included) to not let anyone down if they can. If it's something for "the man" I couldn't give a shit ( sux) but if it's something for a friend that I said I would do I'll try my best to do it.
    Not so much a I-will-always-do-what-you-expect but more a I-will-always-try-my-best.

    On the other hand, irrationals suck at being reliable.

  14. #14
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    hmmm reliable might not be the right word. Maybe just someone who I know will be there when I need them. I rarely if ever need favors from people, but it's just really nice to have someone there that I wont have to go track down or do the scheduling thing, trying to find out when a good time/day is.
    Friday Afternoon to Sunday Afternoon?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  15. #15
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  16. #16
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    electric sheep: I'm certain that this is your Dual-seeking. ESIs are either in or out, they don't dispute that anymore. But they choose people carefully, picked by hand.

    As you can see, the LIIs say "if". You're looking for "no if" - that's not LII. And the fact that you don't even consider reciprocity is another clue.
    ESEs are doers by themselves, they don't use to rely on others, especially in practical matters.

    This is Fe, what you're looking for is Fi - commitments.
    Hmm...

  17. #17
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I have an ESE ex-colleague who keeps a barbershop with his wife and he's doing most of the things by himself - I don't know his wife's type, but he never complained about her but some dishonest employees. When he has problems, he just calls around and finds out who can help & stuff, he doesn't have "reliable" people - and actually no ESE I know, but they have a lot of friends who do favors to them and back.

    This is Fe, what you're looking for is Fi - commitments.
    How do you know what I'm looking for? Are you trolling again? How do you know I don't fit what you just described? How do you know your colleague never complains about unreliable people? Can no one speak candidly without having their type questioned by you? No one is a cookie cutter representative of their type.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  18. #18
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Friday Afternoon to Sunday Afternoon?
    I'll mark my calendar
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  19. #19
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In the words of suicide bombers in delivery trucks:

    Nothing stops the mail.

  20. #20
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 05-07-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: a name removed

  21. #21
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default funny fucking thing

    Removed at User Request

  22. #22
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    hmmm reliable might not be the right word. Maybe just someone who I know will be there when I need them. I rarely if ever need favors from people, but it's just really nice to have someone there that I wont have to go track down or do the scheduling thing, trying to find out when a good time/day is.
    Not a LII but for the sake of comparison: I can do a lot for my friends on the spot, when they need me, emergency calls and such, as long as they genuinely need it (i.e. it's not a whim), but I'll do my best to dodge any attempt to make me commit to something in the future, and hate anything that "hangs over me". I don't want to have my options limited by previous commitments, although to some extent it's unavoidable. I'm also very unreliable when it comes to them, because as the situation changes, I may find it worthier to choose another path. And don't even mention deadlines.

    What Pinocchio says about Gamma/Alpha NTs in general sounds more like rationality/irrationality, or at least more like LSE than LIE. Either that or he's right and I'm an Alpha NT. Which I don't think I am.

  23. #23
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  24. #24
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I didn't talk about Gamma NTs, you fucking piece of shit! I was talking about LIEs, specifically.

    Stop always misrepresenting what I say, you shitty twerp!
    You spoke of Gammas and Fi-valuing being at the root of it, and both Alpha NTs, making the implicit comparison in this context. That's hardly the only point though. Even if we assume you didn't mean both Gamma NTs, I disagree since I know more reliable LIIs alone than such irrationals. Let's say the pattern is too weak to consider it, however. Or too influence by life's experiences. Or something. Nonetheless, what you said about LIEs and discipline and reliability sounds exaggerated, especially in comparison to LSx types.

    Also, you're really bad at playing black ball.

  25. #25
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  26. #26
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Don't be so sure, that depends on who's judging. Sticking into the discussions to misrepresent people is trolling, disrupting a board discussion with provocative and misguiding posts. You've done this all the time, not only to me.
    Really? So I should just withhold my own opinion, since it doesn't seem to go with Pinocchiostream? Except I couldn't care less whether you agree. FYI I happened to be replying to electric sheep when you decided to insult me for daring to disagree with your assertions about LIEs and Gammas in general, at least some of which I consider misleading.

  27. #27
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics is inconsistent. It doesn't work regardless of what perspective you view it from.

  28. #28
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Don't be so sure, that depends on who's judging. Sticking into the discussions to misrepresent people is trolling, disrupting a board discussion with provocative and misguiding posts. You've done this all the time, not only to me.
    If anyone is doing this it is you. Please, you have no idea what you're talking about, just get out of this thread. It's too bad your knowledge of socionics can't compensate you for your complete lack of understanding of human nature. So yes, you are the one who is disrupting with your provocative an misguided posts. Now kindly fuck off.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  29. #29
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  30. #30
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edit: you'll never be able to force your self-typing on us.
    Put ", demon." behind that and it'll be tcaudilllg quote worthy.

  31. #31
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Edit: for your information, both Alpha NTs are unreliable when it comes to helping others, they are do-it-yourself people, don't expect that from an LII. Period.
    If I agree to do something, I'm going to come through with it.

  32. #32
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  33. #33
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Yup, I know, "if". This is why LIIs don't use to make promises. I was just referring to the case electric sheep put up: being there, ready, like I'm basing on you to help me when I need, but actually it's most likely that an LII will refuse someone who asks for services in the same amount he will accept, if not much more.
    Fair enough. Of course, almost anyone in a close relationship is going to be prepared to bail someone out in a pinch.

  34. #34
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I despise helping and being helped. Same goes with favors. And I never lend/borrow money anymore. Meh, it's better than the alternative.
    EDIT: and of course I'm referring to a non-close relationship
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  35. #35
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Socionics is inconsistent. It doesn't work regardless of what perspective you view it from.
    I can see why you would think that from reading this forum...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Edit: for your information, both Alpha NTs are unreliable when it comes to helping others, they are do-it-yourself people, don't expect that from an LII. Period.
    This is kind of an exaggeration...are you trying to give us a bad reputation?

  36. #36
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Put ", demon." behind that and it'll be tcaudilllg quote worthy.

  37. #37
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know a couple of INTjs who are often late, and often cancel last minute -- not always, but sometimes. It's especially amusing because one likes to make mean comments that she "left an extra 10 minutes late" because she figured I would be late -- when she is often 20 minutes more late than me....

    Flakiness isn't type related. I even know an ISTj who is sometimes an hour late to things, or is generally extremely flaky. I'm usually on time these days, as I finally learned to estimate how long things would take.

    And some INTjs do guilt trip, but in a passive aggressive way...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

  39. #39
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Not at all, I don't see the relation between reputation and typing. Then I admire this in the LIIs I know, they don't feel like finding excuses or something, they say "no" and that's about it.

    It's true that they have preferences, I have an ex LII workmate who offers to help me and I do the same for him. But there's no reliability actually involved, we never made plans and when we're truly busy the other understands it and tries to figure out something for himself. We never talked about helping each other, but things like "if I find anything I'll come back to you". And definitely we don't put aside our priorities for the other, but rather it's a mutual pleasure, like a trifle. So this is rather the maximum "reliability" I could get from an LII. And I repeat, because people mix the things, I'm talking about the expectations for the other to come forward for the job, not fulfilling it once started, where LIIs are very good - once they analyzed and decided to do something - they do it!

    Btw, could you tell in your own words how things are about you?
    I understand what you mean, me and my Alpha friends definitely don't like to infringe on each other's autonomy, but if any of them asked me for a favor I would do it.

    Come to think of it, I am pretty lazy when it comes to doing stuff I don't want to do... This is probably mainly due to valuing . I'm more reliable than a lot of SLIs and SEIs, for example, because they value more than me. Mainly I get annoyed at them for not doing what they agreed to do, or not doing it in a timely fashion. This is where the difference in rational and irrational "rhythms" comes into play. So yeah, it mainly has to do with things you have already implicitly or explicitly agreed to do. If I don't want to do something, I'll make sure that no one expects me to do it.

  40. #40
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Please tell me what doesn't make sense in my previous posts on the matter. Then you have the right to kick me out.

    Anything you won't address will denote an agreement or inability to debunk, including what I said about loyalty, reliability, Jack London and E 6w7. Thank you!
    ---

    Edit: you'll never be able to force your self-typing on us.
    fwiw your posts are generally not worth reading because they are predicated on assumption after assumption. You just jump wherever your misinformed intuition takes you. Socionics gives you the illusion that you understand people and that's what makes you dangerous... and annoying. That is why your previous posts don't make sense, because you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not interested in arguing with you. All you had to do was say "no, they are not reliable people" because that's why I made this thread. Maybe I don't need reliable people? What makes you think I can't take care of myself? How do you know your colleague never complains about unreliable people? How do you know I don't have a list of people I can call on for help when I need them like your colleague does?
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •