Thread: Type these commercials

Creepy-male

Default Type these commercials

I'd say ILE, Fi-PoLR, alot of the comments online are very negative, they range from proclaiming they are stupid to moral outrage over whats depicted, I find them to have clever dialogue in a comedic way.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha, that's awesome! I love it!

The couple seems like a hilariously oblivious version of ESE-LII to me. There's also a possibility of SEE-ILI, but I think they seem more Fe-valuing. Here's a video showing them interacting:

Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Krig. ESE-LII. First thing I thought was this is what my Beta rational parents would be like if they were Si valuing. The woman seemed really Fe dominant, especially the part about having high expectations for her kids to succeed / have prestigious jobs.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wife looks SEE; husband is LII
    You realize that if you type her as SEE, your typing is wrong, right?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    You realize that if you type her as SEE, your typing is wrong, right?
    OHHH I see the J now. I had to watch three videos to see the J.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha those are charming. In a lot of commercials like this, where the guy is weird, they usually just make fun of him, so it's nice to see a woman who isn't like 'you're such a dork!' because hey, I'm a little bit of a dork and i don't need commercials shitting on my rep.
    asd

Creepy-male

I'd agree with ESE-LII for the characters, but I think it was made by an ILE advertiser, mainly because the characters don't really present the brand with solid Fi. The parents make the kids wash the car and all sorts of other extremely vane things. I think Fi types would be offended after watching these commercial because of the types of people which endorse them. I think Fe types would laugh at the commercials, mainly because they pic up on the more surface cues like how when she says "More like mommy's collagen fund", how the guy makes a disgusted face. They understand the spontaneous merry (Fe) attitude of the commercials as unserious rather than an attempt to build character for the brand (Fi).

Also there are alot of Alpha NT dialougue and analogies in the advertisement. Ne relates various ideas together in a creative way while Ti analyzes something. Analogies for Alpha NT are usually formed by Ne and Ti working together. Most Alpha NT's I've seen love analogies and are really good at them, and they use them alot in their humor when being unserious.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also say that they are Alphas rather than Gammas. I guess this can be seen especially in "Meet the parents", in the way they treat each other. SEEs wouldn't expect from their children to become doctors or lawyers I think, but this is just my opinion.

In "Daddy like protecting" is it the hidden agenda of the LII dad to stay healthy projected on his children? This could be a possible explanation...
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer