Thread: Can someone help me find ISTps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can someone help me find ISTps

ISTp guys in NYC. Anyone know one? Around 30? Maybe this sounds ridiculous, but it's so hard to find these guys in real life....

I'm continuing to look, but would be nice if someone here is one, or knows one

Maybe we can all think of the types we know in different states and help one another out?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Go on a dating site and I will tell you which ones are ISTp...easy. Go to basketball games and to the park as well.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYC isn't a small town. You can find some SLI guys there
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook stalking gogogogo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I'm just laughing at myself here.

I wish I liked basketball. A lot of them are super into that it seems. Yet I don't know anyone who would even go w/ me to something like that...guess I could stalk them at the gym but that seems odd...hmmm...

I've been trying to find them online dating (and I have found some before), but I'm just not seeing that ISTp expression lately.

Haven't really tried parks...hmmm.

Yeah you're right Ryu. I think we're just in completely different circles and parts of town.

Thanks for the help guys and any other ideas are totally appreciated!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post

I wish I liked basketball. A lot of them are super into that it seems. Yet I don't know anyone who would even go w/ me to something like that...guess I could stalk them at the gym but that seems odd...hmmm...

I've been trying to find them online dating (and I have found some before), but I'm just not seeing that ISTp expression lately.

Yeah you're right Ryu. I think we're just in completely different circles and parts of town.

Guy Tip: a lot of guys are probably going to be into basketball right now because it is the NBA playoffs.

I do think that delta NFs who can appreciate sports are cool, fwiw
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jewels girl, I am having the SAME problems!

How did you come across your ex?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think guys mind being stalked by girls at the gym. Isn't that one of the reasons they go to the gym?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Cyclops

Yeah that's difficult, it's one thing being able to meet people, another thing the right sort of people.

I don't know for sure if SLI's go to specific things more than other people.

Well, I googled this:

Meet People - Where to Meet People - Singles

Where to meet people.

Which isn't really that much use as it's more so where to meet ISTps. So I thought, perhaps a bit unorthodox on socionic forum, but regardless of debates, ISTp seems to be same type as ISTP - at least a lot of lot of them seems to be the same type.

So it occured to me that MBTI and Keirsey focus more on the 'actual' things of these types in terms of what they do, how they behave more so than what socionics does.

So I googled ISTP Keirsey

http://www.keirsey.com/handler.aspx?...ab=4&c=crafter

The internet descriptions of the types are pretty lame for Keirsey, the ones in the book are better, but lets see what it says anyway.

Crafters also seek fun and games on impulse, looking for any opportunity, and just because they feel like it, to play with their various toys: cars, motorcycles, boats, dune-buggies, hunting rifles, fishing tackle, scuba gear, and on and on. They thrive on excitement, particularly the rush of speed-racing, water-skiing, surfing. And Crafters are fearless in their play, exposing themselves to danger again and again, even despite frequent injury. Of all the types, Crafters are most likely to be risk takers, pitting themselves, or their technique, against chance or odds.
    Do I think that all ISTps-ISTPs do these things? No.

But..if for instance you join a scuba diving club or something, then perhaps there is a better chance of you meeting one. At the least maybe you'll just enjoy yourself.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Guy Tip: a lot of guys are probably going to be into basketball right now because it is the NBA playoffs.

I do think that delta NFs who can appreciate sports are cool, fwiw
    Does curling count as a sport? If it does then I am so getting some action the next time the winter olympics rolls around.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp guys in NYC. Anyone know one? Around 30? Maybe this sounds ridiculous, but it's so hard to find these guys in real life....

Maybe we can all think of the types we know in different states and help one another out?
    Try to find EIIs, they probably have an SLI friend in their network.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I don't think guys mind being stalked by girls at the gym. Isn't that one of the reasons they go to the gym?
    hahaha
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm good ideas!

I'm going to try searching for profiles with the words "laid back" or "adventurous" or "easy going" or "independent."

If I have any opportunities to hang out in gyms or sporting events, I of course won't turn that down, hahaha.

Not that I'm even ready to date yet...but it's good to have this planned out. Those duals will just destroy you. They should really have that disclaimer on duality not working out in the description...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try some CUNY colleges and take some business or biology courses.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

El Presidente de Mi Cabeza GallopingQwerty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of some of the work I do, I know TONS of ISTp guys... sadly most of them are already taken (or I'd be on 'em myself!), or they don't realize how fabulous an ENFp gal can be and keep going after the hot belly dancers that seem to be piled three deep around here (California).

But if I know of one who is single and in your neck of the woods, I'll let ya know
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

No trees were destroyed in sending this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I am definitely a 7, and most likely an IEE. Stay tuned for further updates.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you take a vacation and come to the Netherlands? Ample ISTps over here!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my 10 cents: go to a nightclub where electronic music is played - SLIs love nice sound, especially electronic music.

then you will come across many ISTPs.

:wink:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i left a visitor message for you with a nice suggestion of where to start with a very high probability of finding some ISTPs, because they like electronic sound and xtc, or at least there are many of them who do, jewels.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I could survive in NYC. It'd be great in small doses, but longterm...no. If they're anything like me, they share that thought. Dating sites? No. Most ISTP's I know are good with the ladies.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I don't think I could survive in NYC. It'd be great in small doses, but longterm...no. If they're anything like me, they share that thought. Dating sites? No. Most ISTP's I know are good with the ladies.
    I have an ISTP friend who ended up going to other side of the world to meet someone he met on internet.

Funny that now they're married, he gets loads of attention from girls, when he used to get practically none.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I have an ISTP friend who ended up going to other side of the world to meet someone he met on internet.

Funny that now they're married, he gets loads of attention from girls, when he used to get practically none.
    A friend who lived abroad for a while once told me: being 'exotic' is always interesting...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    A friend who lived abroad for a while once told me: being 'exotic' is always interesting...
    I'd believe that. It was always easy for me to meet guys when traveling, but coming back to Cali where just about everyone's got an Asian fetish and you can find someone from any ethnic/naturalized/visiting background you prefer? I am invisible.

Except to the small group that wants a family right away, because apparently being interested in eventually having kids and animals all over the place is exotic here. Too bad I'm not in a hurry and they are...

Hmm. Maybe I should reconsider that going-abroad graduate program I was initially looking at.
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

No trees were destroyed in sending this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GallopingQwerty View Post
    I'd believe that. It was always easy for me to meet guys when traveling, but coming back to Cali where just about everyone's got an Asian fetish and you can find someone from any ethnic/naturalized/visiting background you prefer? I am invisible.

Except to the small group that wants a family right away, because apparently being interested in eventually having kids and animals all over the place is exotic here. Too bad I'm not in a hurry and they are...

Hmm. Maybe I should reconsider that going-abroad graduate program I was initially looking at.
    Well, I have lived with an American woman for 5 years, and I can tell you cultural differences can cause troubles, not so much in the relationship itself, but for the person who has to live abroad. And Dutch and American cultures are not that different.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Well, I have lived with an American woman for 5 years, and I can tell you cultural differences can cause troubles, not so much in the relationship itself, but for the person who has to live abroad. And Dutch and American cultures are not that different.
    Oh I know, it's really just a matter of deciding whether the troubles somewhere else would be better than the troubles here. I think it ends up being six of one, half dozen of the other... I think I mostly entertain the idea because it's a new adventure.