Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Socionics RPG

  1. #1
    sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Socionics RPG

    I'm recovering from a recent WoW addiction and I would like some help with extracting some value from the time I lost playing the game.

    The game is very addictive and I was thinking if this addictiveness can be implemented in real world.

    Socionics may provide a way to define the classes.

    In WoW there are multiple races, multiple classes and in each class you can further become one of 3 specialists within that class.

    With all this abundance, in the end, you will get only 3 types of players in cooperative game: Tank (damage taker), DSP (damage dealer) and Healer (responsible for keeping everyone alive, especially the tank).

    I'm not trying to define something as complex as WoW BUT, what would be the best split of the 16 types in classes?

    I was thinking about the Clubs as being closer to the concept of "Class". Researchers, Socials, Pragmatists and Humanists. What do you think they should be renamed to? I was thinking that maybe Humanists can become "Healers" and Pragmatists "Warriors"... Researchers maybe.... "Hunters"...

    I'm thinking about using "Projects" as the equivalent of "Quests" and within each project, in each phase, to suggest roles for certain classes.

    Low-level quests could be represented by exposure to information in a step-by-step. Ideally with each class/subclass having specific quests. For example, Healers could learn about something like Nonviolent Communication, Solution Focused Coaching and such. Warriors could learn about Kaizen. Researchers about TRIZ or Lateral Thinking.

    Socials have casted "cloak of invisibility" towards me, I somehow cannot place them in the system as well as the others.

    What do you think? Any input is welcomed.

    Here is an image of the way Dragon Dreaming sees the role of Information Elements in Project management:

    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

    I chose Love

  2. #2
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    I'm recovering from a recent WoW addiction and I would like some help with extracting some value from the time I lost playing the game.

    The game is very addictive and I was thinking if this addictiveness can be implemented in real world.

    Socionics may provide a way to define the classes.

    In WoW there are multiple races, multiple classes and in each class you can further become one of 3 specialists within that class.

    With all this abundance, in the end, you will get only 3 types of players in cooperative game: Tank (damage taker), DSP (damage dealer) and Healer (responsible for keeping everyone alive, especially the tank).

    I'm not trying to define something as complex as WoW BUT, what would be the best split of the 16 types in classes?

    I was thinking about the Clubs as being closer to the concept of "Class". Researchers, Socials, Pragmatists and Humanists. What do you think they should be renamed to? I was thinking that maybe Humanists can become "Healers" and Pragmatists "Warriors"... Researchers maybe.... "Hunters"...

    I'm thinking about using "Projects" as the equivalent of "Quests" and within each project, in each phase, to suggest roles for certain classes.

    Low-level quests could be represented by exposure to information in a step-by-step. Ideally with each class/subclass having specific quests. For example, Healers could learn about something like Nonviolent Communication, Solution Focused Coaching and such. Warriors could learn about Kaizen. Researchers about TRIZ or Lateral Thinking.

    Socials have casted "cloak of invisibility" towards me, I somehow cannot place them in the system as well as the others.

    What do you think? Any input is welcomed.

    Here is an image of the way Dragon Dreaming sees the role of Information Elements in Project management:
    I don't know jack about world of warcraft but I've played with the concept of uniting rpg and socionics a few years ago.

    If you go really old school (d&d) you'd probably get:
    class = club
    fighter = ST
    rogue = SF
    cleric = NF
    wizard = NT

    If you go for something more recent, like mage the ascension, you might get
    temperament = soul
    IJ = primordeal
    EP = dynamic
    EJ = pattern
    IP = questing (or some other version, depending on how you see things)

    Or if you want to choose to allocate types rather as conventions traditions (and the two others)
    ...

    ENTp = Void engineers
    ESTp = Euthanatos
    ESFp = Verbena
    ENFp = Nephandi

    INTj = Sons of Ether
    ISTj = Order of Hermes
    ISFj = Marauders
    INFj = Celestial chorus

    ISFp = Akashic brotherhood
    INFp = Dreamspeakers
    INTp = Virtual adepts
    ISTp = Cult of Ecstasy

    ESFj = Progenitors
    ENFj = New World Order
    ENTj = Syndicate
    ESTj = Iteration X

    ---

    The WOD werewolf perspective would probably be quadracentric along lines of =
    alpha = Wyld
    beta = Gaea
    gamma = Weaver
    delta = Wyrm

    ---------------

    I once made a playful chart to connect vampire clans into types, if I quickly redo it, I think it would go something like:

    ENTp - Setites
    ESTp - Brujah
    ESFp - Ventrue
    ENFp - Ravnos

    INTj - Tremere
    ISTj - Tzimisce
    ISFj - Salubri
    INFj - Baali

    ESFj - Assamite
    ENFj - Lasombra
    ENTj - Giovanni
    ESTj - Harbingers

    ISFp - Toreador
    INFp - Malkavian
    INTp - Nosferatu
    ISTp - Gangrel
    -----------------

    In Amber the diceless it's more difficult...

    maybe:
    Warfare = ST
    Psyche = NT
    Endurance = NF
    Strength = SF

    ----------------

    In GURPS it's even more difficult. At most one could argue along lines of:
    ST = dexterity
    SF = strength
    NT = iq
    NF = health

    -----

    In general though, temperament is better suited to signify a culture or race, functions are better suited to signify a class or profession or skill set.

    ------

    If we're talking real life analogies and not just a joke, I think AD&D way of seeing things would actually be reasonable, seeing each socionics type as a character class with special skills and strategies and possibly seeing not-ego functions as taking a prestige class, changing the available strategies, creating new possibilities.
    Last edited by Smilingeyes; 04-28-2010 at 06:21 PM.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  3. #3
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INTj - Tzimisce
    ISTj - Tremere
    I'd swap these. The "least trusted" vampire clan is an introvert NT "socially closed" type. Tzimische are all about flesh crafting, which is a very physical, hands on activity so S.

  4. #4
    sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    If you go really old school (d&d) you'd probably get:
    class = club
    fighter = ST
    rogue = SF
    cleric = NF
    wizard = NT

    If you go for something more recent, like mage the ascension, you might get
    temperament = soul
    IJ = primordeal
    EP = dynamic
    EJ = pattern
    IP = questing (or some other version, depending on how you see things)
    This is great! Thank you!
    I just realized that 4x4=16 Using temperaments and clubs is enough to get every type.

    How about if Quadras would be the Race? How would that change things? Clubs would still be class and temperaments could be something like the school of that class. Earth, Air, Watter and Fire? What do you think?
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

    I chose Love

  5. #5
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I'd swap these. The "least trusted" vampire clan is an introvert NT "socially closed" type. Tzimische are all about flesh crafting, which is a very physical, hands on activity so S.
    That's one way to see it. I think there are many. My choice with this allocation was to stress the point that old tzimisce tend to withdraw to their castles/hangouts and one could see their fleshcrafting also as a pursuit of Si, trying to purge their weaknesses and to seek an ideal form of existence. They're also sort of the philosophers of the sabbat while usually letting the fleshcrafted minions do the physical tasks and this could all be seen as alpha NT.

    Meanwhile the efficient pyramid hierarchy of the Tremere as well as their seeking of esoteric power could be seen as Ti + Se. While traditional tzimisce (non-sabbat) are completely solitary, tremere hang out in groups for practical reasons of survival, power and efficiency.

    But your point is also valid. Maybe Ti types could have some kind of a gallup on this ;P
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  6. #6
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    This is great! Thank you!
    I just realized that 4x4=16 Using temperaments and clubs is enough to get every type.

    How about if Quadras would be the Race? How would that change things? Clubs would still be class and temperaments could be something like the school of that class. Earth, Air, Watter and Fire? What do you think?
    It would work if the races had a metaphysical natural cycle, the way I suggest for Werewolf entities. In werewolf there is the triat: wyld= beginning, weaver= middle-calcification, wyrm -destruction. But there is also the group that player characters belong to, Gaia, which is sort of alternative middle - vital balance. So in that sense Alpha = wyld, beta = gaia, gamma = weaver, delta = wyrm. So quadra progression works and so does the analogy.
    But if you just say something like
    alpha = elves
    beta = orcs
    gamma = dwarves
    delta = hobbits

    That's just fucked up because a lot of people are about equally close to being alpha or beta. Then you have to deal with all sorts of elf-orcs and dwarf-hobbits and that's highly facepalm-worthy.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  7. #7
    sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    That's just fucked up because a lot of people are about equally close to being alpha or beta. Then you have to deal with all sorts of elf-orcs and dwarf-hobbits and that's highly facepalm-worthy.
    You are right!
    I didn't expect someone giving so much thought to this.

    My vision is a personal development site where users get something like a customized "learning agenda" based on the preferences. I thought about presenting relevant data to a group that share similar interests (clubs) and then move to differentiate each club further in specific types. Like in a game, first levels a little bit more generic and then move on to specific.

    I would like to use this site to weave a somewhat coherent fabric of all the things that excited me over the years. A shot list would look something like this:

    - Socionics
    - Positive Psychology
    - Nonviolent Communication
    - Lateral Thinking - 6 Thinking Hats - Formal Creativity (A Whack on the Side of the Head)
    - Awareness/Awakening

    I would like to obtain something in the spirit of Urgent Evoke - A crash course in changing the world.
    Gaia Foundation from Australia has tons of information for structure:
    Gaia Foundation

    Personal Development - Community Development - Projects in the service of Earth.

    This sound like a very good progression for the characters. First the learn the basics on themselves. Next the get involved in more advanced stuff with the help of the community and finally they evolve to doing actual work for Human Race. Basic projects could be trivial things like cleaning an area that's being ignored by officials, researching sustainability, beautifying locations, etc.

    If this takes off in any form and has a moderate amount of success, corporate identities can be approached via CSR and with financing, groups can go to higher levels.

    Dragon Dreaming has TONS of information in Project Management that can be used.
    GEN Europe
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

    I chose Love

  8. #8
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I'd swap these. The "least trusted" vampire clan is an introvert NT "socially closed" type. Tzimische are all about flesh crafting, which is a very physical, hands on activity so S.
    Am changing it according to your suggestion. It's just prettier if Tremere and assamites are same quadra, as well as tzimisce and lasombra
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  9. #9
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    My wow account expires like in 5 days, and I'm not gonna renew till cataclysm. We might not be able to afford it tho, cuz I refuse to get a fake job.... I'm more about innately empowering the human race.

    anyways I like that chart, but I'm sick of wow so I can't really comment.

  10. #10
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    You are right!
    I didn't expect someone giving so much thought to this.

    My vision is a personal development site where users get something like a customized "learning agenda" based on the preferences. I thought about presenting relevant data to a group that share similar interests (clubs) and then move to differentiate each club further in specific types. Like in a game, first levels a little bit more generic and then move on to specific.

    I would like to use this site to weave a somewhat coherent fabric of all the things that excited me over the years. A shot list would look something like this:

    - Socionics
    - Positive Psychology
    - Nonviolent Communication
    - Lateral Thinking - 6 Thinking Hats - Formal Creativity (A Whack on the Side of the Head)
    - Awareness/Awakening

    I would like to obtain something in the spirit of Urgent Evoke - A crash course in changing the world.
    Gaia Foundation from Australia has tons of information for structure:
    Gaia Foundation

    Personal Development - Community Development - Projects in the service of Earth.

    This sound like a very good progression for the characters. First the learn the basics on themselves. Next the get involved in more advanced stuff with the help of the community and finally they evolve to doing actual work for Human Race. Basic projects could be trivial things like cleaning an area that's being ignored by officials, researching sustainability, beautifying locations, etc.

    If this takes off in any form and has a moderate amount of success, corporate identities can be approached via CSR and with financing, groups can go to higher levels.

    Dragon Dreaming has TONS of information in Project Management that can be used.
    GEN Europe
    Hmm... I looked at those sites.
    Urgent evoke seems ... good in most ways a thing can be good.
    I'd like to try to help you a bit more. Use any of the following suggestions you want to freely:

    -There should be separate learning paths for each temperament and separate sets of courses with focus on each function.
    -This so that people could learn in ways that most motivate them and are most relevant to them.
    -For this reason I'd suggest the first basic course to be on understanding temperaments and helping people find their own.
    -I'd think the reasonable second step would be to help people understand themselves as members of their temperament. Find their own reactions to functions, to social tactics, current life obstacles... generally to pinpoint their own place in the socion. Who they are, why they are such and what does it all mean anyway.
    -I'd suggest the third step to be trying to figure out social interactions that are currently effecting them. (The social types of their family members and other close ones as well as the general cultural atmospheres under which they live (in their work place or other society in which they spend their time).
    -At that point I think it would just be easier to consider the person to have achieved a basic vital understanding and more individual variation according to tastes would probably be reasonable.

    I could see courses on:
    A) Interaction. (level 1. identity partner, level 2. business and look-alike, 3. Superego, 4. Activity. 5. Benefactor & Beneficee, 6. Quasi-identical. 7. Duality. 8. Semi-duality and illusion, 9. contrary. 10. mirror, 11, supervisor & supervisee, 12. conflict.)
    Each course could have challenges on type recognition, empathy and small talk, negotiation and work skills, conflict resolution, following and leadership.

    B) Typing methodologies
    Tests, VI, vocabulary analysis...
    Challenges of typing other group members, public figures, family members, acquaintances and finally strangers.

    C) Function analysis
    Considering strategies in everyday situations. What can be achieved with focus on different functions in everyday situations.
    Starting with your creative function. Proceeding to basic function, role and finally PoLR.

    D) Motivational focus
    Creating tools to help oneself focus on particular functions and maintain motivation. Empower by helping them understand the worth of their actions.

    E) Group forming
    Taking part in and creating small situationally useful socionic groups. Quadras and clubs but also others. Recognizing group dynamics and utilizing group strengths.

    ...
    Just a couple of ideas there. But good luck with your project. I really hope you'll be able to make something out of it.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  11. #11
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would say that as a Humanist, I would also associate myself as Hostess and Love; I am not sure about "Healer" for a Humanist. Healer to me would be more of the ESFp/SEE.

    Is this a game that you are designing?

  12. #12
    sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I would say that as a Humanist, I would also associate myself as Hostess and Love; I am not sure about "Healer" for a Humanist. Healer to me would be more of the ESFp/SEE.

    Is this a game that you are designing?
    Not really a game. Maybe something closer to a social network. I would like to use gaming ideas like questing, progression, experience points.
    For example, I would view experience points gathered for going through a material, learning something but also for acting in the real world. Let's say that a group dreamed, planned and is now preparing to enter the doing phase of a project of cleaning up a park or maybe painting some ugly wall. People could sign up to participate and, after the project is done, people who actually showed up could get experience points.

    Regarding the "Healer", I guess I'm biased. This is why I ask for second opinions. Healing might be something that I see as a creative role for me... a thing, my role in a group setting.

    Love is a healer's mana.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

    I chose Love

  13. #13
    i'll tear down the sky Mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    TIM
    NeFi
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    First off, congrats on getting off WoW Some people will find that funny/trite, but I've seen some bad cases and I know the addictive appeal!

    I was hoping to see something different than categorizing the types by their clubs and temperaments, that's the easy way to do it, and I don't think it respects how diverse the types really are. I always like comparing certain systems with one another, one time I took the signs of the zodiac and did a class system that related to what I perceived to be the characteristics and made a base game out of that.

    Why not assign characteristics by IE elements and functions? To make an example, you can say is matter and the creative function is augmentation, and any class that has that can change the physical properties of things as it relates to their leading IE. I think that would be more challenging and yield cooler results.

  14. #14
    sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    -There should be separate learning paths for each temperament and separate sets of courses with focus on each function.
    This is so clear to me too. Separation should be done but how to help the newbies better understand their place? From my experience with dichotomies and descriptions most view themselves as hybrids. "I'm a little bit of this and a little bit of that" This fails very often.

    One idea I had is to create something like promotional videos where members of a certain temperament or a certain club could better describe the atmosphere of that particular segment. This might work but it might also be even more confusing. Consider for example that a certain group does a better job at making the group sound interesting or appealing. Some will be tempted to identify with them out of wishful-thinking.

    Thank you for your ideas. Regarding the approach of the socionics part, they are very well thought.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

    I chose Love

  15. #15
    sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    Why not assign characteristics by IE elements and functions? To make an example, you can say is matter and the creative function is augmentation, and any class that has that can change the physical properties of things as it relates to their leading IE. I think that would be more challenging and yield cooler results.
    I would love to be able to do that. I fear however that this would be way to complex.
    I view simplicity as being very important.
    Temperaments and clubs might be unimaginative and boring but I'm hoping that they might also be more familiar. Also, I'm still hoping for a general to specific approach because I'm thinking that it might be easier, with sufficient support, for someone to recognize themselves as part of a small group rather than a direct representative of a certain type.

    But you are right, IE would be way cooler. Like, maybe first find the leading function and then move from there.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

    I chose Love

  16. #16
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    First off, congrats on getting off WoW Some people will find that funny/trite, but I've seen some bad cases and I know the addictive appeal!

    I was hoping to see something different than categorizing the types by their clubs and temperaments, that's the easy way to do it, and I don't think it respects how diverse the types really are. I always like comparing certain systems with one another, one time I took the signs of the zodiac and did a class system that related to what I perceived to be the characteristics and made a base game out of that.

    Why not assign characteristics by IE elements and functions? To make an example, you can say is matter and the creative function is augmentation, and any class that has that can change the physical properties of things as it relates to their leading IE. I think that would be more challenging and yield cooler results.
    As long as different temperaments have separate descriptions and learning paths that ought to work. I would suggest using both though, IEs and clubs.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  17. #17
    sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    As long as different temperaments have separate descriptions and learning paths that ought to work.
    What do you think would be a better approach for creating a temperament/club description? Have a specialist do it or maybe brainstorm it out of the members of that specific group?
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

    I chose Love

  18. #18
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    What do you think would be a better approach for creating a temperament/club description? Have a specialist do it or maybe brainstorm it out of the members of that specific group?
    I think both would be required, a systematic description as to how each type relates to the socion as a whole so as to produce structure and eliminate some of the bravado and/or self-flagellation people are prone to, and subjective descriptions of how it actually feels like to be a certain type and how individuals express their type in their lives. All types have typical pr styles which need to be separated from their actual attributes to an extent.
    Finding the first individuals that are certainly of a particular type and who are able to express their experience in a meaningful way... that's a challenge though. One can't be too careful about that.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  19. #19
    sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    Finding the first individuals that are certainly of a particular type and who are able to express their experience in a meaningful way... that's a challenge though. One can't be too careful about that.
    One would think that a forum like this might be a good place BUT from what I've seen... people are even more confused than I am.

    With the risk of rising hell, who do you think are the best candidates from this forum at the position of "specialist"?
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

    I chose Love

  20. #20
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    One would think that a forum like this might be a good place BUT from what I've seen... people are even more confused than I am.

    With the risk of rising hell, who do you think are the best candidates from this forum at the position of "specialist"?
    Labcoat would be the best choice if he's available or willing. I refer you to him for other suggestions.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  21. #21
    sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    Labcoat would be the best choice if he's available or willing. I refer you to him for other suggestions.
    Thank you very much!
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

    I chose Love

  22. #22
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fe - charisma
    Ti - intelligence
    Ne - dexterity?
    Si - constitution? dexterity?
    Te - intelligence? strength?
    Fi - wisdom?
    Se - strength? wisdom?
    Ni - wisdom
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  23. #23
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    This is so clear to me too. Separation should be done but how to help the newbies better understand their place? From my experience with dichotomies and descriptions most view themselves as hybrids. "I'm a little bit of this and a little bit of that" This fails very often.

    One idea I had is to create something like promotional videos where members of a certain temperament or a certain club could better describe the atmosphere of that particular segment. This might work but it might also be even more confusing. Consider for example that a certain group does a better job at making the group sound interesting or appealing. Some will be tempted to identify with them out of wishful-thinking.

    Thank you for your ideas. Regarding the approach of the socionics part, they are very well thought.
    I will think about this for you.

  24. #24
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Fe - charisma
    Ti - intelligence
    Ne - dexterity?
    Si - constitution? dexterity?
    Te - intelligence? strength?
    Fi - wisdom?
    Se - strength? wisdom?
    Ni - wisdom
    If we're talking about just linking functions into rpg characteristics (as in a slightly joking way, how about

    Ne = psyche, intuition
    Te = education, willpower
    Se = endurance, strength
    Fe = charisma, rage
    Fi = manipulation, humanity
    Ti = intelligence, wit
    Ni = wisdom, luck
    Si = dexterity, quickness
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  25. #25
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    If we're talking about just linking functions into rpg characteristics (as in a slightly joking way, how about

    Ne = psyche, intuition
    Te = education, willpower
    Se = endurance, strength
    Fe = charisma, rage
    Fi = manipulation, humanity
    Ti = intelligence, wit
    Ni = wisdom, luck
    Si = dexterity, quickness
    Ne=possibilities NeTi=humor
    Te=(I agree with you)
    S= (not sure yet)
    Fi=general and humanity
    Si= (I agree with you for SiTe not for SiFe)

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If type were to be represented in a game, it would be used as a determinant of which skills you learn naturally, and which you have to learn from a book.

    For example, an SLI would naturally learn healing skills. An IEE would need to read a book (written by an SLI) to know how to heal. (actual ability to apply learned skills is another matter).

    Here's something you could do: make skill books available later in the game than when players get the opportunity to learn them through type. That makes type relevant.

  27. #27
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From another thread (Fallout Perks):



    Ni: Dodger. You are less likely to be hit in combat, if you have this Perk. Every level will add +5% to your Armor Class, in addition to the AC bonus from any worn armor.



    Se: Toughness. When you are tough, you take less damage. Each level of this perk adds +10% to your general damage resistance.



    Fi: Healer. The healing of bodies comes easier to you with this Perk. Each level will add 2-5 (Fallout) or 4-10 (Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics) more hit points healed when using the First Aid or Doctor skills.



    Si: Quick Recovery. You are quick at recovering from being knocked down. It takes only 1 AP to stand up.



    Ne: Earlier Sequence. You are more likely to move before your opponents in combat, since your Sequence is +2 for each level of this Perk.

  28. #28
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    From another thread (Fallout Perks):



    Ni: Dodger. You are less likely to be hit in combat, if you have this Perk. Every level will add +5% to your Armor Class, in addition to the AC bonus from any worn armor.



    Se: Toughness. When you are tough, you take less damage. Each level of this perk adds +10% to your general damage resistance.



    Fi: Healer. The healing of bodies comes easier to you with this Perk. Each level will add 2-5 (Fallout) or 4-10 (Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics) more hit points healed when using the First Aid or Doctor skills.



    Si: Quick Recovery. You are quick at recovering from being knocked down. It takes only 1 AP to stand up.



    Ne: Earlier Sequence. You are more likely to move before your opponents in combat, since your Sequence is +2 for each level of this Perk.


    That's awesome. IEIs should also get stealth lol
    INFp-Ni

  29. #29
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  30. #30
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sebastian LaCroix was typically LIE:
    Probably, yes. He does occasionally also have his ENFj-ish moments (drama outbursts), particularly in the various endings of the game.

    SPOILER VIDEO




  31. #31
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  32. #32
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    his actual plan is, as always, to settle everything down then resume the jobs with you.
    On the other hand, I don't think he'd decline when given the chance to diablerize an antediluvian.

  33. #33
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  34. #34
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Radical change = Ti/Fe values. Point made. Case closed.

  35. #35
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  36. #36
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    now I get what you meant
    Good. Good.

  37. #37
    sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    From another thread (Fallout Perks):

    Ni: Dodger. You are less likely to be hit in combat, if you have this Perk. Every level will add +5% to your Armor Class, in addition to the AC bonus from any worn armor.

    Se: Toughness. When you are tough, you take less damage. Each level of this perk adds +10% to your general damage resistance.

    Fi: Healer. The healing of bodies comes easier to you with this Perk. Each level will add 2-5 (Fallout) or 4-10 (Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics) more hit points healed when using the First Aid or Doctor skills.

    Si: Quick Recovery. You are quick at recovering from being knocked down. It takes only 1 AP to stand up.

    Ne: Earlier Sequence. You are more likely to move before your opponents in combat, since your Sequence is +2 for each level of this Perk.
    This is great! Are there any Ti/Fe/ Te/Fi descriptions (I tried searching but I'm unable to find the thread you mention)
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

    I chose Love

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •