Thread: Something that bugs me

Creepy-Cyclops

Default Something that bugs me

I don't know why and i'd have to analyse it, but here it is -

People who pick at their food.

There's this really skinny girl sitting across from me, and she's a really dainty eater. Like, she has tiny little sandwiches that looks like she's spent an extraordinary amount of time cutting up into what's really tiny little strips.

Then, all day long, she nibbles at them.

Tiny little bites, even although the whole sandwiches added together only constitutes half a lunch.

So somehow, this tiny tidbit eating, nibbling, gets on my nerves, then there's the every so often rustle of the tin foil as she keeps wrapping and unwrapping the sandwiches.

What's wrong with just eating the god damn things in one go, it's almost like she's afraid of food or something, where as food is one of the most basic and joyous pleasures of the world...to me it is almost like sacrilege to a God.

Perhaps she's anorexic.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i dont understand it either. She sounds like she's not Si-valuing.

I love good wholesome food, and I simply dont have time (or patience) to draw meals out like that.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Creepy-male

Some people need to eat slowly to not feel sick, or for other reasons.

Some people, like me, can inhale their food and do so because it's the only way to extract maximal deliciousness from the eatification process.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Some people need to eat slowly to not feel sick, or for other reasons.

Some people, like me, can inhale their food and do so because it's the only way to extract maximal deliciousness from the eatification process.
    I'm with you!

and yes you're totally right about the slow eaters. Shame on me. She could be diabetic. However it would still not explain the very small amt of food.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Some people need to eat slowly to not feel sick..
    This might be the explanation for some of those cases. Like in: I'm so sick and nervous, I can't even eat but if I don't take a little bit I might get sick from not eating therefore I'm gonna take this tiny little bite. I mean, this can obviously happen because I've seen it happening.
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-12-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Creepy-Cyclops

It's kinda like, in a way, garnish with food. Like it's linguistic garnish on a plate. For instance, take Gordon Ramsay, he had some INFp girl on one of his cooking shows who was all about making food look ponsy and artistic, so this is supposed to make the food be more appealing, even although it's less to eat, and more difficult to eat, and it also justifies charging an exorbant amount for it, even although it's basically just for instance meat and potatoes.

Eating like that sort of takes the fun out of the food, it's kind of like a linguistic garnish of presentation, like above.

However each to their own and I fully appreciate that, I guess I just feel like making a huge plate of food and making sure she's fed properly, ha. I dunno - eat if before it gets cold, or something.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

However each to their own and I fully appreciate that, I guess I just feel like making a huge plate of food and making sure she's fed properly, ha. I dunno - eat if before it gets cold, or something.
    It was like the SLI getting me a paper towel to eat my slice of pizza on because there weren't any plates, without me even thinking of it. Or calling me to eat some of the tortilla chips he brought in to make our work night easier, "before [he] eats them all". It touched my heart.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I might be one of those nibblers, maybe. Though I don't really dress up my food. Actually, I'm more of a grazer, eating small amounts throughout the day. That's probably one reason that girl is skinny. I haven't done any serious research on it, but from what I've heard eating large amounts all at once is called the "sumo wrestler diet", while the opposite, eating little bits all spread out, has the opposite effect.

Anyway, sorry it bothers you, Cyclops.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah this sorta thing also annoys me. Just eat it already!

I eat a lot of small meals/snacks, but I also eat big meals in addition to that. I probably eat at least every three hours, and I'm not the fastest eater, but I don't stretch it out either and I can keep up the pace if people around me are eating faster...

I remember waiting for a friend of a friend to finish her meal...5 of us were just sitting there waiting to go and she was just re-arranging it on the plate and cutting it into smaller shapes....oh it drove me nuts! It was maybe 30 minutes of that until my friend and I just went w/o her and the rest of the group.

Yes I have sympathy for people with anorexica, but really, if you're going to eat a tiny portion, just eat that portion and throw the rest away or something. Everyone can tell you're not eating and it doesn't fool anyone to cut it into smaller pieces.

OH, but I just remembered a girl I worked w/ who would eat tiny amounts of nuts the entire day. I thought it was so strange, but it turned out she was pregnant and eating that would keep her from throwing up...so if that's the case I take back what I said!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom does this when I visit her. I don't understand how she isn't hungry...and she says she is full after eating very little...but she's not anorexic.

I don't know...I guess it's a metabolism thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that this is a technique that people with food disorders use, that is fiddling with food for a long time, making sure its perfect before consumption. Obviously, everybody has their own reasons as well.

As for speed of consumption, I myself am notorious for being an extremely slow eater, and I also like to take a break while I eat.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.