Thread: conflictor + dual pair

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default conflictor + dual pair

I had an interesting thought today, not sure if it is a type-related phenomenon.

So, when a dual pair is in the presence of one of their conflictors, does it make the non-conflictor of the pair more active in interacting with the "conflictor"?

Example:

EIE interacting with SLI+IEE. EIE "attracted" to SLI, trying to flirt. IEE becomes very outgoing, interacting animately and jokingly with EIE.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I had an interesting thought today, not sure if it is a type-related phenomenon.

So, when a dual pair is in the presence of one of their conflictors, does it make the non-conflictor of the pair more active in interacting with the "conflictor"?

Example:

EIE interacting with SLI+IEE. EIE "attracted" to SLI, trying to flirt. IEE becomes very outgoing, interacting animately and jokingly with EIE.
    ESE + LII with ILI. ILI avoiding ESE because else there's conflict, LII telling ILI not to be stupid and adapt (because they assume ILI is like them and is just being stubborn/annoying/disruptive on purpose).

It's kind of obvious that quasi-identity >> conflict, so I suppose that isn't what you're asking about.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    ESE + LII with ILI. ILI avoiding ESE because else there's conflict, LII telling ILI not to be stupid and adapt (because they assume ILI is like them and is just being stubborn/annoying/disruptive on purpose).

It's kind of obvious that quasi-identity >> conflict, so I suppose that isn't what you're asking about.
    Maybe that's all it is. This question was based on a few real life interactions.
    SLI was receptive to EIE and even initiated some of the contact, but I feel like IEE (who is on "friendly" terms with EIE but views EIE's behavior with a certain degree of contempt) was almost subconciously trying to protect SLI in a way.

Are quasi-identicals an attractive relationship? or are they more readily repulsed from each other than conflictors?

I know that here, my most explosive and upsetting arguments have been with an EIE (will not name names, but I think she knows who she is--and btw it's not Maritsa). I dont think i've ever even interacted with any LSIs here (I do know some IRL though).

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Maybe that's all it is. This question was based on a few real life interactions.
    SLI was receptive to EIE and even initiated some of the contact, but I feel like IEE (who is on "friendly" terms with EIE but views EIE's behavior with a certain degree of contempt) was almost subconciously trying to protect SLI in a way.

Are quasi-identicals an attractive relationship? or are they more readily repulsed from each other than conflictors?

I know that here, my most explosive and upsetting arguments have been with an EIE (will not name names, but I think she knows who she is--and btw it's not Maritsa). I dont think i've ever even interacted with any LSIs here (I do know some IRL though).
    You're probably speaking of more distant relations than I; the dual couple in question are my parents. I don't know about being attracted to conflictors initially, but seeing as in almost every negative relation description it's mentioned that "they might be attracted initially", I rather take it to mean "just because you're attracted for whatever reason doesn't mean it's a good relation". Although I agree it's relatively easy to mistake members of one club for each other, there's little reason to suppose they won't discover incompatibility soon enough.

Quasi-identicals can probably be attracted by mutual interests/areas of focus - clubs again. And yes, LII was protecting ESE - for personal reasons in this case. There might be some socionics background to this idea - quasi gets along with his dual and thinks the other person is being unfair to said dual if they don't. I wouldn't put too much weight to it, however.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister and her boyfriend are ENTj-ESFp, so that's pretty close. I do find that my sister is the one that communicates to me more when they are together, but this is influenced by the fact that we are family and know eachother better in the first place.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the relations are all @ relative distance.

I guess i didn't really describe the interaction too well. The IEE doesn't like the EIE, but to preserve the "friendliness" between them, starts throwing out bitingly sarcastic jokes in a friendly way but with a double entendre. The SLI is on seemingly good terms with the EIE, in his Fi-HA superficial "want to be friends with everyone" way.