Thread: VI this friend of mine (and I know exactly what type he is)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI this friend of mine (and I know exactly what type he is)

don't quote pics please.
    Last edited by redbaron; 04-26-2010 at 07:32 PM.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESTp

sorry my love, I am really fast at VI..
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ESTp

sorry my love, I am really fast at VI..
    close!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is that sword big enough to kill a bear ?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    close!
    AHHH; ISTj but I don't have a side picture the two have the same anatomical morphological shapes from face forward shots.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a total and complete slam-dunk ENTp! He's great, the Ne just seriously FLOWS out of this guy.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He's a total and complete slam-dunk ENTp! He's great, the Ne just seriously FLOWS out of this guy.
    No way not a chance, I think he is ESTp; what is Ne to you and how do you describe what you see?
    -

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking ENTp at first, but then started thinking LII. It's hard to read the body language of posed photos. However, the sword in the first photo was a dead giveaway for Alpha NT. I can't think of any other types that have quite the same love for such a romantic and impractical weapon.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's also very versatile when it comes to how he looks like.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's ALL OVER THE PLACE with his interests and direction in life. He's 40 and still doesn't know what he wants to "be" when he grows up. The random connections he makes in his posts on facebook are... hilarious and great but completely without focus. He also has a hard time keeping his weight in check, talks about food and needing to eat healthier but has such a hard time doing it. He also tries to garden and clearly values it. Loves nature and the outdoors. Loves music, played in a band for many years. Really wants to be married but can't seem to make it work. Seems to either over or under estimate the closeness of his relationships. But in a most charming way. Writes books, publishes them himself, collects stories, sees all the possibilities in people and projects. Can't seem to commit himself or focus on one thing!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

he's ALL OVER THE PLACE with his interests and direction in life. He's 40 and still doesn't know what he wants to "be" when he grows up. The random connections he makes in his posts on facebook are... hilarious and great but completely without focus. He also has a hard time keeping his weight in check, talks about food and needing to eat healthier but has such a hard time doing it. He also tries to garden and clearly values it. Loves nature and the outdoors. Loves music, played in a band for many years. Really wants to be married but can't seem to make it work. Seems to either over or under estimate the closeness of his relationships. But in a most charming way. Writes books, publishes them himself, collects stories, sees all the possibilities in people and projects. Can't seem to commit himself or focus on one thing!
    ESTp honey; that's not ENTp look at Blaze's and Jxtre's posts of ILE. ILE are usually thin and have a hard time building muscle.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    He's also very versatile when it comes to how he looks like.
    a couple of those pics were OLD.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp honey; that's not ENTp look at Blaze's and Jxtre's posts of ILE. ILE are usually thin and have a hard time building muscle.
    Okay well what do the ILEs think??
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Okay well what do the ILEs think??
    Ask Blaze
    -

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha your friend's pix were morphing before my very eyes. wow.

well at first i thought LII. but if he is that random, he's gotta be ILE.

don't think he's SLE....don't think SLE would be caught dead with a sword unless it was the real thing and they were training to use it to kill you. lol

sounds like his dual seeking isn't being met. is he in a relationship?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    ha your friend's pix were morphing before my very eyes. wow.

well at first i thought LII. but if he is that random, he's gotta be ILE.

don't think he's SLE....don't think SLE would be caught dead with a sword unless it was the real thing and they were training to use it to kill you. lol

sounds like his dual seeking isn't being met. is he in a relationship?
    Random is not always attributed to ILE. Anyone can be random...
    Maybe he is SLE with ADD?
    ILE wouldn't be caught dead with a sword right?
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's not embarrassed by much. He's NOT in a relationship (I don't think he's ever had a really serious girlfriend) and isn't dualized as far as I know.

He asked me out in college.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

he sounds boring

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp like marshal arts too.
    This is true (I think Chuck Norris, for example, may be ISTp), but they're not as likely, in my opinion, to see the sword in so romantic a light as to strike a dashing pose with one for a photograph. To a martially-inclined Delta ST, a sword is firstly a tool. For a martially-inclined Alpha NT, a sword is firstly a symbol (of knightly honour, chivalry, courage, etc.).
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I'm actually curious what other alpha NTs think about this. I don't relate at all, for me those things mean rather security, freedom, power, maybe adventures.
    I suspect the sword will symbolize slightly different things to different Alpha NTs, yes. My point was that, for Alpha NTs, the symbolism is usually what attracts them to swords, while for Delta STs, it's the sword's utility as a tool that attracts them (and in the modern era where the sword is largely impractical as a tool of battle -- especially the European knightly variety shown in the photograph in question -- this means that fewer Delta STs will be be attracted to swords).

In practical terms, yes, I agree, the spear is generally superior to the sword, due to its greater reach. The further away you can kill your enemy, the better.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me swords mean half damage against undead.
    And that's no good.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually curious what other alpha NTs think about this. I don't relate at all, for me those things mean rather security, freedom, power, maybe adventures. Contest is something different, I have a very non-standard look at medieval weapons, I personally don't consider the sword the best weapon and I tend to trust more thrusting weapons: spear, javelin, crossbow, especially bow and arrows (depends on the scenario). In general I'm fascinated about fights between different kinds of weapons, not sword vs sword or axe vs axe, but totally different, eg spear vs sword.
    I kind of hear ya on liking to see people fighting with different weapons. The cool thing about same weapons is you can start to see a lot more nuance and individual flavor rather than the more distinct tactical advantages of one weapon over another.

Spears are awesome. Martial arts are awesome.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's not embarrassed by much. He's NOT in a relationship (I don't think he's ever had a really serious girlfriend) and isn't dualized as far as I know.

He asked me out in college.
    oh too bad. i have this theory that people will tend to rigidify in their conscious elements if they don't get in a lasting relationship. i've seen it happen. my brother almost imploded until he found ESE.

ILE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh too bad. i have this theory that people will tend to rigidify in their conscious elements if they don't get in a lasting relationship. i've seen it happen. my brother almost imploded until he found ESE.
    yeah I fear it's really happening with this guy.

funny the turn this thread has taken regarding weaponry! lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I fear it's really happening with this guy.

funny the turn this thread has taken regarding weaponry! lol
    yeah. almost like he's using conscious Se to unconsciously develop Si. i think you should introduce him to an SEI.

ILE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah. almost like he's using conscious Se to unconsciously develop Si. i think you should introduce him to an SEI.
    I know! And I think I know one too only their paths would never cross and I'm trying to figure out how to introduce them.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Krig's fault, cause he said we like symbols, lol! Btw, what about that guy, as long as he's probably an ILE? Does The Sword (or something else like this) mean something, more than a sword or a cool stuff?
    ---

Edit: and Krig, did you play "Mount & Blade" so far? "Warband" (multiplayer) is out, I'd like to have the occasion to destroy you.
    I had to google it; I hadn't even heard of it. I used to be more of a gamer than I am now -- it kind of goes in cycles, like all of my interests. Right now I'm more into Medieval II: Total War, but I haven't played it in a couple of months.
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj. I don't know why this hasn't been proposed yet.