Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: ILI or EII - Type Theory Doubts

  1. #1
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ILI or EII - Type Theory Doubts

    Is it common for ILI to feel like an INFj at times? Could a suppressed INFj act more like an INTp and think they are one? Or perhaps the other way around? I'm not sure. I think I act like an INTp, but think like an INFj and I'm not even sure now. What could I say that would clarify this?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    My mother and I are very different from one another; she is not a humanist like I am and she loves to garden; I can't keep up with such things. She is way more emotional then I, and she is a T type. She lies small white lies all the time and I don't care to do such things. She works much more consistancy without pits and falls in energy. She is so concerned about doing everything on time, time, time time...drives me nuts. Ask her how many books she reads a year? One or two maybe; I read (you don't want to know how many). She loves sports and watches basketball and I don't watch TV; our taste in comedy is different. I value modern medicine and she's all about staying away from the doctors and natural stuff that most often does not work.

    We are only somewhat alike in our dress. Both of us are conservative dressors.

    My mom eats very healthy greens and stays away from a lot of meats, all the time and I love beef, even though in my own way, I also eat healthy.

    My mom and I both sleep longer then my extraverted sister. We are both very hard works but not as driven as our S counterparts; we are content with simple things in life although she is a horder. I get rid of stuff I don't wear past one year.

  3. #3
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting Maritsa, but I'm confused lol. What does it really mean to be a humanist? And I'm curious now, what type did you give your mother?

  4. #4
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Interesting Maritsa, but I'm confused lol. What does it really mean to be a humanist? And I'm curious now, what type did you give your mother?
    Mommy is INTp I am INFj. Humanist is my moral system; my mom is Christian but not a regular practicer, but religious in the sense of faithful. Humanist is the following...


    Sort of like this...I can not fine the site I like better...
    Humanist Manifesto III

  5. #5
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting thread. I guess that means I'm not going to find out in this thread. . Here's me fuzzled .

  6. #6
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Interesting thread. I guess that means I'm not going to find out in this thread. . Here's me fuzzled .
    What are you not going to find out?

    I can't feel like an INTp..I just told you.
    Ragnar and Plynex are typed INTp, they can tell you if they want to be like an INFj.

    How on earth would you act like an INTp as an INFj?

    Right you couldn't because Ni is too stressful for you if you are INFj; you need Ni PoLR so you don't put pressure on that and Ni doesn't put pressure on you, being that that is the INTp's main function. And plus, my mom just has me around sometimes, just to have me around doing nothing when she is deeply reflecting, this can go on for quite some time and where's the stuff I need to get done in the mean time...I don't have time to reflect or watch her reflect and have me sit around next to her as she does this....any theory that I talk about with mom often gets a million questions before it is anywhere near being affirmed. She says well "what if it's this or that" all the deep thought makes takes the passion/enthusiasm of the idea/theory right out of me. But as passionless as she is in this approach she always wants to hear me talk and will have me around for a long time just to listen.

    The classical skepticism and scrutiny nature of her sometimes is unhealthy for my need of support and encouragement. She did not like my impractical nature to pursue interesting things like psychology, instead, she wanted me to go into pharmacy. I was afraid that with my lack of attention and details to such small objective things that I would not do well in this profession and I did not want to end up in a position where I would hurt someone or possibly hurt someone because I am not like her...double check the letters and call a few times to make sure that's what it's supposed to be.

    I am a good worker and dilligent as well concerned for very good quality, but not for medicine.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-22-2010 at 04:12 AM.

  7. #7
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmm...see this is what confuses me. Isn't it possible to have two completely different INFjs? I don't see why not. If you take an INFj and force them to mold an archetype of another type into themselves, perhaps out of a way to protect the self, without the INFj knowing who they were to begin with...well this is where I start to have huge doubts about psychology.

    I'm just not sure...I can see myself in INFj and ISTp as well. I wish I could piece all of this together, but it seems there are so many differences about people. I mean just look at how open and truthful you are willing to be Maritsa compared to the other proclaimed INFj types on this board. There is quite a difference. Now perhaps a Ti type might go the route of arguing mistype to correct such a thing, but it is more often in-correct to do such a thing and I wouldn't want to insult you by making it seem like you don't even know a thing about yourself.

    I do love animals and I have always thought being a veterinarian would be a neat job. I have even fantasized about being a medic and tried being a teacher, but didn't find the intimacy of teacher/student to be very comfortable, yet I have always had a desire to want to be involved in helping people in some way. I am usually very nice if someone I don't know grabs my attention and I try to help them with whatever they are asking of me, as long as I do not find them overly bearing or offensive or intentionally abusive of my seemingly naive response. Perhaps this is the trait about me that is perplexing and most likely not commonly associated with ILI.

  8. #8
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what does it even mean for you to think like an INFj

    I really dont think you know what means.

    your one or the other, and you certainly dont think like the other.

    you just dont get it yet, go read more
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  9. #9
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Hmmm...see this is what confuses me. Isn't it possible to have two completely different INFjs? I don't see why not. If you take an INFj and force them to mold an archetype of another type into themselves, perhaps out of a way to protect the self, without the INFj knowing who they were to begin with...well this is where I start to have huge doubts about psychology.

    I'm just not sure...I can see myself in INFj and ISTp as well. I wish I could piece all of this together, but it seems there are so many differences about people. I mean just look at how open and truthful you are willing to be Maritsa compared to the other proclaimed INFj types on this board. There is quite a difference. Now perhaps a Ti type might go the route of arguing mistype to correct such a thing, but it is more often in-correct to do such a thing and I wouldn't want to insult you by making it seem like you don't even know a thing about yourself.

    I do love animals and I have always thought being a veterinarian would be a neat job. I have even fantasized about being a medic and tried being a teacher, but didn't find the intimacy of teacher/student to be very comfortable, yet I have always had a desire to want to be involved in helping people in some way. I am usually very nice if someone I don't know grabs my attention and I try to help them with whatever they are asking of me, as long as I do not find them overly bearing or offensive or intentionally abusive of my seemingly naive response. Perhaps this is the trait about me that is perplexing and most likely not commonly associated with ILI.
    No not really or maybe...; my identicals are like me in response and in thought, one of us is more independent then the other, one is more unhealthy but not different as far as who we can stand to be around and for what reason we choose to shy away from certain type. I took the choice to be open and truthful; the other INFj's on the site are SEE some are mistype; I have not sensed my identical yet. I can type very accurately by written words. My openness is so that people can know me and see me; to become intimitely acquainted with my type, so when they see others like me, they will know quickly who that person is. The online, written interaction between types is different way of identifying type. I can tell these differences in person but again describing it and pidgeonholing people into their type by written excersize is hard.

    ILI, like my mom want to help and contribute in their profession to people, like in pharmacy; I saw a third pharmacist INTp the other day...they are very kind and I said before, I don't trust anyone else filling my perscription because they are very maticulous with the RX.

    (In how we ask for Te) How can you make someone understand the nature of Se; you draw an example to them and they don't relate to it or you set them in a position and test them and you see their vulnerabilities come out.

    I can tell you who is what type by my feelings of them but they are not forumulas, they are intuition of relations. SEE can sense this quality too and tie themselves to INFj, but INFj are Se PoLR, that's a huge difference in writing, consequence of thought and action/behavior. Where pushed Se will withdraw and not response; Se PoLR will push back in an unhealthy way.

    There is a formula how an INFj approaches a person (I won't give it away yet until I find it, then I will show it as an example).
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-22-2010 at 06:26 AM.

  10. #10
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's not uncommon for benefit relations to be confused.. With ILI and EII they both identify heavily with Ni and Fi. Imo, the best way to differentiate benefactors is to find the quadra they identify with. You might want to think about Se and try to understand it and how you relate to it.

    Simplistically, ILI's might feel the need that they need to become more mobilized and maybe a bit more impulsive and spontaneous because they spend so much time in their imagination. EIIs tend to over think things, but they are okay with it because they need to focus on the uncertain to truly understand things, and are stressed when pushed to act quickly with conviction because they aren't able to establish their typically solid emotional code of conduct.

    Don't type yourself based on this though, do some research and self-reflection.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  11. #11
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have typed you so saving you trouble dear. You are ESTj/LSE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •