TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Please V.I. me

Hello all,

I used to post here a long time ago, but most of my posts were erased in a big snafu of drama (not involving me). Hello to those who may remember me

I'm pretty sure on my type, but I thought I'd revisit the topic on my return. Please let me know if you have any questions for determining my type. Thanks!

Quite posed...

Not so posed... I think I was fixin' to eat some breakfast in this picture.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

logical? ILE?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

April! So good to see you again (for the first time?)! I do believe I know your type, too, but I won't spoil it. You're very pretty, by the way.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi April, I still remember you! You were one of the few self-typed EIIs quite some time back. =)

Based on VI (and not your self type), you seem like an Fi-INFj to me. Fi-ISFj is plausible too.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with delta NF, I would have guessed ENFp though. INFj could work too though, not sure, more photos would help

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi, Minde and Eunice!

jxrtes, what made you say logical? Logical/ethical is the dichotomy that I've been thinking about most recently.

More pics, per request

From years ago--I don't get my picture taken often.

Pretty recent here.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get an impression of a quiet-ish IEE.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I type you as a PYT, with a Qt subtype.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I type you as a PYT, with a Qt subtype.
    haha priceless man.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What type do you think you are?
    I have your type.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    I agree with delta NF, I would have guessed ENFp though. INFj could work too though, not sure, more photos would help
    Is that because you like her?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    What type do you think you are?
    I have your type.
    I've been pretty settled on INFj, but I've also considered several others, including INTj (mostly), ENFp, ISFj, and even ENTp for about 2 minutes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I've been pretty settled on INFj, but I've also considered several others, including INTj (mostly), ENFp, ISFj, and even ENTp for about 2 minutes.
    You VI, please don't shoot me, like the very pretty Jennifer Lopez, who is ESFp.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-20-2010 at 08:19 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's very easy to VI and give the person their type. It's better to have the person discover themselves. Do you have a very good understanding of the functions, what they mean, and how they are used in interaction between individuals? Do you have a good understanding of your negative traits, the things you can do and can't, your interrelations and what kinds of problems you encounter about you when dealing with others?
    I think I have a fairly good understanding of the functions, but I wouldn't call myself an expert by any means.

I'm pretty self aware, but it can still surprise me what people say about me sometimes. For instance, at work, I'm known for expressing my opinion very openly, but I still feel like I hold back a lot. People have also called me innovative, but that's a word I never would have used to describe myself.

I think I seek Si, and feel very drained when people request it of me. When I'm in a bad mood, I want somebody to bring me some hot soup and make me laugh. I tend to ruminate otherwise.

I'm also very sensitive, both with my self-esteem issues and with injustices around the world. I cry easily. I've encountered lots of different problems with other people, but some of the biggest issues have centered around them crossing my clear boundaries.

I can easily see how things and people relate to one another. I can say, "If person A interacts with person B, there will be an issue with C but they will get along on issue D." I also know how to phrase things when talking with certain people, but I also find it very tiring. Sometimes I just want to blurt out what I want to say without filtering.

I've typed myself, in part, on how I interact with people of other types (assuming that I've typed them correctly). I get along famously with INTjs, ENFps, and Delta STs.

Do you have any other clarifying questions? Thanks!

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You VI, please don't shoot me, like the very pretty Jennifer Lopez, who is ESFp.
    Huh, I never would have considered that. Thanks for your typing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Huh, I never would have considered that. Thanks for your typing.
    Do you see a slight similarity?

[IMG][/IMG]
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    No. Not in a VI kind of way. And not in the way you look at the brain/soul coming through the face... there is a similarity in some of the features but it's not enough for me to consider the Gamma quadra for April.

J-Lo looks SEE or ESI to me.
    Please look at what she writes about herself before you give her a typing of INFj; what question can you ask to assess Se PoLR?
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you don't mind if I reuse the first picture in this post (and if you do mind, please let me know), but this is the similarity that I see

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jxrtes, what made you say logical? Logical/ethical is the dichotomy that I've been thinking about most recently.
    Your half-smile sort of reminded me of how some logical people smile - like they don't put their full force into it - which is probably wrong if you think you're more ethical.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Please look at what she writes about herself before you give her a typing of INFj; what question can you ask to assess Se PoLR?
    How do you determine Se PoLR? I guess I'd feel more comfortable talking through this instead of going by pictures at this point.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How do you determine Se PoLR? I guess I'd feel more comfortable talking through this instead of going by pictures at this point.
    This is my catalog of the interaction between Se and Fi, you may read it with consideration of your type...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-polr-eii.html
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILE, IEI, EII, ESI, IEE, SEE so far.

I'm gonna go nuts and say SLE.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is my catalog of the interaction between Se and Fi, you may read it with consideration of your type...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-polr-eii.html
    Thanks for your help, Maritsa. I don't really identify with your post, except for this part: "Infact, my feelings in general about people never change. I am very good about establishing how I feel about people instantly and then moving forward." I am good at determining how I feel about people almost instantly, as well.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    ILE, IEI, EII, ESI, IEE, SEE so far.

I'm gonna go nuts and say SLE.
    LOL, it's settled then.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks for your help, Maritsa. I don't really identify with your post, except for this part: "Infact, my feelings in general about people never change. I am very good about establishing how I feel about people instantly and then moving forward." I am good at determining how I feel about people almost instantly, as well.
    Most ethical types are very able to do this.
    -

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    You're very pretty, by the way.
    Yup, as pretty as her (user)name.

And yet another VI comparison...

So, I would have guessed Ne-IEE. Or alternatively ILE. Infantile > else; ethical > logical.
    Last edited by Park; 04-20-2010 at 10:50 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thank you, Parkster. I've actually had people compare me to Claire Danes before.

Not sure if test results matter much to people, but I test as INFj most of the time, but as ENFp on the Multifactor Test (SOCIONICS: Personality Types and Relationships). I've considered that I'm a heavy Ne subtype INFj, but ENFp isn't out of the question. I could be a very subdued one.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    April, how do you use ?
    Your question assumes I use it I don't really know, though, can you help me understand how I might use it given the information below?

My significant other is INTj, and as much as I love him, it can grate on my nerves when he goes off into TiNe land and starts asking me about the nature of space-time and other theories. I feel like I don't have enough data to start hypothesizing about such things, but he sees great value in thought experiments. I can't grasp it myself, so I get frustrated.

I'm no dummy, but it's hard for me to explain my thinking. I get gut reactions about things and have a very strong bullshit detector that's pretty accurate. I think about all the different possibilities of a specific situation or thing, and can sense what's most likely given its relationship with all other related variables. Though at the same time, I think I'm cautious about what I will accept as TRUE and FALSE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Introverted logic () is an introverted, rational, and static information element. It is also called Ti, L, structural logic, or white logic.

is generally associated with the ability to recognize logical consistency and correctness, generate and apply classifications and systems, organize systematic and conceptual understanding, see logical connections between things (including logical similarities, differences, and correlations) by means of instinctive feelings of validity, symmetry, and even beauty. It is like common sense, in that it builds on one's expectations of reality, through a somewhat personal, though explicable, understanding of general truths and how they are manifested.

Types that value naturally question the consistency of beliefs that are taken for granted in everyday life. They strongly prefer to make decisions based on their own experience and judgement, as opposed to relying on external authorities for knowledge, which they use only as a last resort. They also have respect for people with clearly defined and internally consistent opinions, believing that a sense of internal certainty is necessary for orienting oneself in life. To these types, one's personal standards of truth are more reliable than public consensus.

They see overly pragmatic views as shallow, and try to limit public discussion of mundane practical matters. They are especially sensitive to redundant information.

Focuses on eliminating contridictions.
    -

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your question assumes I use it I don't really know, though, can you help me understand how I might use it given the information below?

My significant other is INTj, and as much as I love him, it can grate on my nerves when he goes off into TiNe land and starts asking me about the nature of space-time and other theories. I feel like I don't have enough data to start hypothesizing about such things, but he sees great value in thought experiments. I can't grasp it myself, so I get frustrated.

I'm no dummy, but it's hard for me to explain my thinking. I get gut reactions about things and have a very strong bullshit detector that's pretty accurate. I think about all the different possibilities of a specific situation or thing, and can sense what's most likely given its relationship with all other related variables. Though at the same time, I think I'm cautious about what I will accept as TRUE and FALSE.
    I'm definitely going to say ILE.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

vixen dog fox wrote about her experiences with intj

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your question assumes I use it
    See, this is / .

As jxrtes pointed out, all of this makes sense for an ILE. ILEs are much more cautious about making absolute statements about the world than LIIs.

Also: 'I can say, "If person A interacts with person B, there will be an issue with C but they will get along on issue D." ' sounds more like behavior and the way you said it is totally

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Fi dominant but I don't get too involved in VI

nice to meat you btw
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Fi-ENFp
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi, Marie. Nice to meet you, too

Thanks, thehotelambush. I feel fairly confident at this point that I'm an Ne type. Now it's down to Fi/Ti and what order.

Could it be that I'm unnaturally good at faking Ti? I've had a lot of practice with school and my job. I don't think that I have Fi PoLR; I'm pretty people-smart. I was asking my boyfriend last night what type he thought I was, and he said I'm probably a intelligent ethical type, so people will think that I'm a logical type. I sense that I'm amongst intelligent people here, though, so I'm not sure how much you would be affected by that.

I think I'm also confused by comparing myself to my sister, who is INFj, and my mom, who is ENFp. That's probably not a good idea because of intratype differences, but I don't know how else to go about this. I'm more outgoing and self-confident than my sister. The Se PoLR is obvious, because she lets people walk over her. My mother's EP temperament is very obvious, since she can never sit still or stop talking. I don't relate to either of these.

Does anybody have a magical typing wand?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi, Marie. Nice to meet you, too

Thanks, thehotelambush. I feel fairly confident at this point that I'm an Ne type. Now it's down to Fi/Ti and what order.

Could it be that I'm unnaturally good at faking Ti? I've had a lot of practice with school and my job. I don't think that I have Fi PoLR; I'm pretty people-smart. I was asking my boyfriend last night what type he thought I was, and he said I'm probably a intelligent ethical type, so people will think that I'm a logical type. I sense that I'm amongst intelligent people here, though, so I'm not sure how much you would be affected by that.

I think I'm also confused by comparing myself to my sister, who is INFj, and my mom, who is ENFp. That's probably not a good idea because of intratype differences, but I don't know how else to go about this. I'm more outgoing and self-confident than my sister. The Se PoLR is obvious, because she lets people walk over her. My mother's EP temperament is very obvious, since she can never sit still or stop talking. I don't relate to either of these.

Does anybody have a magical typing wand?
    Not all EP are like this many are very focused workers, that may not be type related.
    The best way to type is to tell us about what you can't do for yourself and others? What do you wish you could do?

Most logical types don't use the word love as you do; with emotion....the example below; they can be very dry and matter of fact, system, or method.

"My significant other is INTj, and as much as I love him, it can grate on my nerves when he goes off into TiNe land and starts asking me about the nature of space-time and other theories."

This is what is created by Ne in the third spot...Both you and others that I have typed as SEE have had the same interesting perspective on Ne.

"I think about all the different possibilities of a specific situation or thing, and can sense what's most likely given its relationship with all other related variables."

Ne in the ego will see the possibility, one conclusive link and will ask people to see what they see.

Ethical types are feel headed; mostly doing what they feel about.
    Thinkers are logical headed, keeping a clear mind and not letting their emotion but calculation of reactions/words analysis influence them.

The problem is that Se has been given lots of bad names, especially things that don't relate well to the nature of women and their emotions...things of crude nature. I am trying to shed more light on Se.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-21-2010 at 08:24 PM.
    -

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm bad at taking care of myself. I push myself until I'm sick and worn down. I know it sounds simple, but I really want somebody to just make me a sandwich and give me a back rub. I need somebody to (lightly) kick me in the butt sometimes, because I put off things that I know need to be done but are unpleasant.

I have a very strong perfectionist streak, so I wish I could do everything and provide anything to anybody. I want to be a pillar of strength and be Superwoman. It's totally unrealistic, but I hold myself to ridiculous standards. At the same time, I love to make fun of myself and poke fun at other people, too. It helps lighten the load on my shoulders.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm bad at taking care of myself. I push myself until I'm sick and worn down. I know it sounds simple, but I really want somebody to just make me a sandwich and give me a back rub. I need somebody to (lightly) kick me in the butt sometimes, because I put off things that I know need to be done but are unpleasant.

I have a very strong perfectionist streak, so I wish I could do everything and provide anything to anybody. I want to be a pillar of strength and be Superwoman. It's totally unrealistic, but I hold myself to ridiculous standards. At the same time, I love to make fun of myself and poke fun at other people, too. It helps lighten the load on my shoulders.
    How would you feel if they did it (kicked your butt) inappropriately, what would your response be to them?

That's Se...in a strong, positive way. I will post an example...

"It loves to joke, in a friendly way it laughs, talking with the collocutor, from what the impression rapidly appears, what it - everywhere its. Voice frequently nizkovatyy, with the the khripottsoy."..

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ale_and_female
    Unfortunately Fi has too much empathy to make fun of other individuals and I can not free myself freely to do that; I feel overwhelming guilt and empathy and beat myself up morally for those actions. Because, Fi is always evaluating the moral thing, the kind thing, the right/wrong/good/bad thing; it's a prison, sometimes.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-21-2010 at 08:40 PM.
    -

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If somebody kicked my butt inappropriately, I'd have to evaluate their intentions for doing so. If they have good intentions, I could do one of several things depending on the situation: play it down by joking around, just say "okay" and let it pass, or let them know how it hurts me for whatever reason. If they have bad intentions, I'd either ignore it or bite back.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast