Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are the most pigeonhole-able members on this forum?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Who are the most pigeonhole-able members on this forum?

Some members on the forum appear to very clearly fall into a certain type. There is little debate on the persons type and if there is debate, the vast majority votes on a certain type with maybe only a couple of dissenters. For example, I think its rather clear Mariella is IEE.

Other members, are constantly getting their types challenged and there is no general consensus as to their type. Maybe these people are trying to be someone they're not, demonstrate very poor self-awareness, or not telling the whole story. But then again, maybe they are honest about themselves and are just simply hard to type.

So just out of curiosity, which members here do you find to be clear-cut examples of a particular socionics type, and which ones seem to be un-pigeonhole-able?

And just out of curiosity, where would I fall on this pigeonhole-ability scale?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say yes. . .based on the videos I saw.

How about me?

(Maritsa PLEASE dont comment, i think we all know your opinion).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless there is a Socionics related reason, I'm not going to have the confidence to type someone or pigeon hole, no matter what tons of others say about their type, and what they chose to subconsciously attribute or lack speaking about. I mean it's the internet for heavens sake. People will act differently than they do in real life, so easily. So I'm on the fence but leaning towards saying it depends per opinion. As for me, I don't assume all that easily types for people online. I'm not one of those to act like I really know a person through the internet. I have some friends who I spend time with in real life who I can pigeon whole if I wanted to, and could feel momentary pleasure doing. It's not to say that I might easily say that someone does not at all come across like the type they type themselves as, as I say that sometimes on here.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

older members (i mean, age-wise)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    older members (i mean, age-wise)
    I agree with this.

Blaze (ILE)
    Mariella (IEE)
    Cyrano (SLI)
    myself (IEI, altho EIE has recently been tossed around)
    there are others I'm sure...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I find you hard to type indeed, WL. There are numerous examples of typical types on the forum, imo, too many to enumerate.

About you, I considered: LII, ILE, LSI and EII. Not even now I don't know for sure, except that I incline to think EII - looks like Ij, Ne but not LII. In addition I find you similar to Huggin, which I type as EII, but she types as LII as well.

Note that I know at least two LII females in real life that I can think of, so it's not that I can't comprehend how a female of this type would behave, or something - I posted pictures with one at one point. They're more like "wait, wait, wait! sit down and explain me" when I have a different opinion than theirs, but it appears to me that you and Huggin are avoiding exactly such things, to pull out a clarification from people, it's like you're following something obscure.

Considering my doubts, I don't totally exclude LII for both of you, although at least in her case I highly-highly doubt it, especially since she showed clear Fi values with several occasions. I can't say that about you, you're more formal and don't talk too much about your general preferences, nor you take side with some forum party it seems.
    I couldn't work in a Library, away from the human element. I would rather teach something highly intellectual and stimulating. I don't have a very good feeling of her type yet, but she doesn't display any concern for relations with people. She is much more of a Thinker.

If an EII knew nothing about this forum and joined on, she being technologically challenged, would be more incline to post pictures of herself rather then offer a video. Why do you think I have been unable to do so thus far?

I reasonably estimate that an new EII would find and feel for people who were very kind, because we can't stand to be around rudeness, harshness, violence (obviously), and other nuances. We would strive to connect with individuals by complimenting them on stuff to get a feel for the person and how they responded back to us.

We would feel who wanted to establish bonds with us and who we would establish bonds with.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What libraries have you been in where the librarians work "away from the human element", Martisa? Who do you think they help to get books? I think those who work in classification areas are more likely to be Ti types, but I could see an EII working at a library because they like to help people.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Some members on the forum appear to very clearly fall into a certain type. There is little debate on the persons type and if there is debate, the vast majority votes on a certain type with maybe only a couple of dissenters. For example, I think its rather clear Mariella is IEE.

Other members, are constantly getting their types challenged and there is no general consensus as to their type. Maybe these people are trying to be someone they're not, demonstrate very poor self-awareness, or not telling the whole story. But then again, maybe they are honest about themselves and are just simply hard to type.
    There is usually no reason why someone would be intrinsically more difficult to type. It just depends on the type-er's past experience and knowledge.

The reason why it appears to be like this is that most people here type using the "groupthink" method.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I never considered you EII, too. Btw, do you remember what I typed you?
    How about try to see the individual that I am rather then what you think INFj is. I have offered a lot of information about me and how I conduct relations with people. Fi is ethics of relationships. See, our dual is a tech wizz..

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LSE

While I realize technology, they employ efficient technology. I had my old phone for four years, until my SLI father got sick of it an me for having it and made me get another one....lol I was fine with it. It worked great.

We go shopping and I recognize the Ne features of technology and go "look honey, cooollll!!!" and they go "it's a waste of space". Don't we work great together?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm pretty obvious and I'm only 19 (I wrote 18 first. apparently I don't want to accept that I'm 19. Stupid youth-obsessed culture). Strrrng is another obvious one. I'm sure someone shouted ISTj once because so many of his posts are logical arguments, but his type seemed clear from all the posts I read. Controversial people (i.e., Maritsa) are more likely to have their type questioned not because they are or are not clear representatives of a given type, but because they're controversial.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find you hard to type indeed, WL. There are numerous examples of typical types on the forum, imo, too many to enumerate.

About you, I considered: LII, ILE, LSI and EII. Not even now I don't know for sure, except that I incline to think EII - looks like Ij, Ne but not LII. In addition I find you similar to Huggin, which I type as EII, but she types as LII as well.
    LSI??? That's a new one. That's one type I know I'm not. I don't relate to beta quadra agenda, don't have creative, certainly don't have PoLR.

Note that I know at least two LII females in real life that I can think of, so it's not that I can't comprehend how a female of this type would behave, or something - I posted pictures with one at one point. They're more like "wait, wait, wait! sit down and explain me" when I have a different opinion than theirs, but it appears to me that you and Huggin are avoiding exactly such things, to pull out a clarification from people, it's like you're following something obscure.
    Please clarify here. How am following something obscure? Examples?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

I reasonably estimate that an new EII would find and feel for people who were very kind, because we can't stand to be around rudeness, harshness, violence (obviously), and other nuances. We would strive to connect with individuals by complimenting them on stuff to get a feel for the person and how they responded back to us.

We would feel who wanted to establish bonds with us and who we would establish bonds with.
    I'm an LII and I can't stand to be around rudeness, harshness, or violence either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    What libraries have you been in where the librarians work "away from the human element", Martisa? Who do you think they help to get books? I think those who work in classification areas are more likely to be Ti types, but I could see an EII working at a library because they like to help people.
    + 10

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    The reason why it appears to be like this is that most people here type using the "groupthink" method.
    I agree...oh...
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    LSI??? That's a new one. That's one type I know I'm not. I don't relate to beta quadra agenda, don't have creative, certainly don't have PoLR.
    His understanding of the IE's is not connected to actual Model A, which is probably why he has most of the forum mistyped and why he types himself as an Ne dominant
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-Cyclops

Rock solid forum typings don't mean much, it's an illusion.

There's plenty of them that have changed. Diana, used to be ESI, Joy used to be LIE, Tereg used to be IEE.

If I was to say people who's types tend to get more accepted, it's generally either those who've been here since before almost anyone else, and also, a trend i've noticed is among those who don't say anything controversial.

Controversiality seems to be somewhat important factor in getting your type queried, no matter what type that is.

Anyway, benchmark typings like above change, even if they happen to be correct typings, it's just one example of potentially 1/16th of population.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84
    His understanding of the IE's is not connected to actual Model A, which is probably why he has most of the forum mistyped and why he types himself as an Ne dominant
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, Jung didn't spot the phenomena of leading functions with Model A, and afaik Ashura came up with Model A after observing the functions herself. It's just a model, model A or any model isn't the egg coming before the chicken for socionics.

Anyway, a while back he posted descriptions of himself irl, he matched extravert and leading Ne type pretty well.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's probably an INFp or something. Ready to confront but hopelessly ineffective at making an impact beyond initiating the fight. The only effect he ever acheives is to raise a sense of the comedial.

Creepy-bg

I agree that us old farts seem to be the most consistent in how our personality displays over the forum (making us seem to be the most "solid" type-wise). At the same time I think that us old farts are the most likely to have a "what-ever" attitude towards it all. not to offend any of the younger folks, but I think that it's a matter of us being over the whole search for identity thing. we are who we are and type to us may be an interesting way to view ourselves, but not have any effect on how we define ourselves. (ehhh stoned, hope that was a halfway clear statement)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a clown with a bad act and the audience has had enough. The only reason you're still standing is cause the forum prohibits rotten egg barrages.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, Jung didn't spot the phenomena of leading functions with Model A, and afaik Ashura came up with Model A after observing the functions herself. It's just a model, model A or any model isn't the egg coming before the chicken for socionics.

Anyway, a while back he posted descriptions of himself irl, he matched extravert and leading Ne type pretty well.
    I agree with this. . .I see socionics as simply a way to describe observed interactions. I.e. putting human interactions into a formula (and the premise that that can be done--and to an extent it can). It's an empirical science.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd not talk in the name of everybody if I was you.
    This is one of those times when it's perfectly safe to do so. There is not a person on the forum whom escapes the realization that you are insane upon seeing you type Arctures and ArchonAlarion as ISTj.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    The only reason you're still standing is cause the forum prohibits rotten egg barrages.
    I thought it was because of Maritsa?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to focus on the Deltas, but I find these fine folks very consistant:

Cyclops
    Warrior Librarian
    Jewels
    WorkaholicsAnon
    SoapOfSapphire
    Gul (Brian)
    Disco Joe
    Mariella
    Mariella's ISTp Husband
    Bionicgoat
    bobbybeam
    Numbers
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd not talk in the name of everybody if I was you. You come off as a clown for everyone who does not have the same opinion. Projecting onto everyone is a kinda dangerous toy, my 2 cents.
    no u
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    no u
    god I never get tired of that response

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel completely comfortable making definite typings via the Internet but there are a few people that I see as having a solid understanding of what they're talking about and/or haven't given a reason to think they're mistyped. Some that stand out atm (IMO of course...)

Krigtheviking- LII
    Minde, tereg- EII
    Mariella, Rick- IEE
    Forcemyhand- SLI
    Ryu- LSE
    Ezra- SLE
    Expat- LIE
    Niffweed- ILI
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had to benchmark:

JRiddy - ILE
    Krig the Viking or Brilliand - LII
    Maliafae - ESE
    Rubicon - SEI

No preference - SLE
    Jimbean - LSI
    Starfall or Strrrng - IEI
    No preference - EIE

Khamelion - SEE
    Bardia - ESI
    FDG - LIE
    Maybe Jarno - ILI

look.to.the.sky - IEE
    Minde - EII
    forcemyhand - SLI
    No preference - LSE
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God I wish dee was still here and didn't join that underground cult or whatever it was. He was the most self-pigeonholing member in the theory's history. He defied consensus. He defied the royals. He stood up and spat in the face of socionics itself.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Maybe going by a simple online persona. Many people cited as 'benchmarks' strike no thought into me and I find the idea that a person portraying themselves through words over the Internet can qualify as anything in that nature to be not very practical among other things. In fact, the idea of being able to classify any human being into a type benchmark is almost offensive. Plenty people I would, if using this mentality, consider pigeon-holeable go against another person's ideas as to how a 'type' should act. I've seen it a number of times here and elsewhere.

In other words, I find the idea to be false as well as useless and as a potential shabby substitute for others to do the work of learning the theory for what it is worth and being able to observe people they can see in real time and interact with in real time in the real world and not over this pretentious online fantasy world which poorly emulates the sense of actually being around people and so getting a feel about what sort of person one is dealing with.

But if I were going to use benchmarks, it certainly would not be a single forum entity who resembles little to me but formulated text attached to a username belonging to a vaguely identifiable being.

I'm not saying this at you or anyone in particular because I doubt most people see it in this way, but I am saying it at the idea that has been and is thrown around that there are benchmarks.

Summary:

I think it's a crock of shit.
    haha awesome post.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Could you hand over to me episode 3 of star trek deep penetration with captain squirt and mr cock?

I see you are at the right location for that.

Thanks.

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    I tend to focus on the Deltas, but I find these fine folks very consistant:

Cyclops
    Warrior Librarian
    Jewels
    WorkaholicsAnon
    SoapOfSapphire
    Gul (Brian)
    Disco Joe
    Mariella
    Mariella's ISTp Husband
    Bionicgoat
    bobbybeam
    Numbers

It's silly, but you have no idea how comforted this makes me feel. Thanks friend.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Alpha:
    Blaze ILE
    Nowisthetime SEI
    Gul (Brian) SEI
    Brillian LII
    Cracka ESE
    Vero

Beta:
    Redbaron-waiting on a decision...lol.

Gamma:
    Dolphin SEE
    Jessica SEE
    Glamourama SEE

Plynex ILI
    Ragnar ILI
    Jarno ILI

Delta:
    Ryu LSE
    Airborne LSE
    Rasputin LSE
    Mariella IEE
    Jewels IEE
    DeAnte SLI
    Cyclops SLI -although I have not VI-d him

There are many people on the journey who will find their way. I will continue to add people as I remember their types.

Vero-I don't know if she's still thinking about it or not
    Why do people say that I type everyone as SEE?

I have a great feeling for my duals apparently. I have to interact more with others in order to be sure.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-21-2010 at 02:37 AM.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    How about try to see the individual that I am rather then what you think INFj is. I have offered a lot of information about me and how I conduct relations with people. Fi is ethics of relationships. See, our dual is a tech wizz..

Logical Sensing Extratim - Wikisocion

While I realize technology, they employ efficient technology. I had my old phone for four years, until my SLI father got sick of it an me for having it and made me get another one....lol I was fine with it. It worked great.

We go shopping and I recognize the Ne features of technology and go "look honey, cooollll!!!" and they go "it's a waste of space". Don't we work great together?
    they were talking about you not the phone when they said it's a waste of space.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WorkaholicsAnon, It's funny that despite being on here for years, it IS comforting when someone also agrees on your type. I mean, I know 100% I'm IEE, but being an IEE, I'm always doubting everything to some extend (maybe because of the Ne), so I do like things to be confirmed. *happy sigh* lol
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast