Thread: I'm solid on Isha's and my typings

Creepy-male

Default I'm solid on Isha's and my typings.

I'm posting this thread for two reasons. One the one hand, I think we've finally cracked the mystery of Isha's type On the other, there will doubtlessly be some dissent, and I'd genuinely like to hear it (not that I'll agree with you, but your opinion is still welcome).

I can more easily go into why I think we're duals over why I think she's ILE, maybe possibly perhaps because I'm introverted and ethical and I naturally have more to say about my subjective impressions and the way things affect me than I do about fixed properties of external things as objects that exist in isolation to other external things

To start off with, much like my IEE self typing, having us as Activators is not that bad, but it could be better. And we all know which intertype is better than the [equal] second-best one mirite? We don't seem to be able to overstimulate the other. In fact, quite the opposite; things seem pretty relaxed and comfortable. I also don't think duality is too easy to mistake for other intertypes, so the fact that we had ourselves as duals (confusingly, as our own semi-duals no less ) before is probably worth noting.

Isha is also very good at providing NeTi sorts of assistance, such as helping me untangle my conceptual understanding of things, or assisting me with my reasoning (Ti HA, I want assistance when I get stuck, not to have things done for me). She's also been very useful for where I am in my life right now, which is navigating what I will be doing with said life, what with university and all (this is something I've noticed ILEs doing at a distance time and time again, fwiw; probably much like how I encourage people to take it easy and look after themselves even at a distance). I think my natural inclination is to want to give up and be comfortable, and this is where my dual can help me stick it out with some broader plan, or telling me what I'm suited for in terms of Natural Traits and Abilities (Ne DS, not setting myself up strategically, and being really blind when it comes to comparing myself to other people).

As for what Isha thinks about all this, I'll just have to trust her that I'm good at providing SiFe help. What is that anyway? Laughing at things all the time? Being gratuitously hugsy? I have no idea Though, clearly, whatever it is that I do, I must certainly be doing something right

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Could Isha be ESE?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Could Isha be ESE?
    Do you have adequate V.I. resources?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    What do you mean?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not even sure what you mean by this. I'm assuming you mean to imply "no," but it isn't terribly clear how this implies that.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

What do you mean?
    Well, did you arrive at ESE by V.I.? I was just curious as to why you were asking me if I thought she might be ESE. Unfortunately I'm not going to forward you any photos of her if you don't have any/enough.

And to answer your question, no. Not a chance she's ESE, in my opinion. But we already know what my opinion is

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, did you arrive at ESE by V.I.? I was just curious as to why you were asking me if I thought she might be ESE. Unfortunately I'm not going to forward you any photos of her if you don't have any/enough.

And to answer your question, no. Not a chance she's ESE, in my opinion. But we already know what my opinion is
    I could try if you have a VI picture. I was asking because I was wonder if you considered that type for Isha.
    -

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my conversations with Isha, I don't think she's NeTi. Though, I do think she looks to others to compare with for her type. In our conversations, she'd look for what was dual-like when she thought she was SiTe (not sure what she think she s now). I can see her as a ego, she felt at much when we had conversations. And either way, you don't have to be duals, or even in the same quadra to have a good relationship, for instance, my best-friend and I are in different quadras, and still have a strong relationship. I think too many people think that just because they have a good relationship with someone means they have to have shared values, or worse, must be in the same quadra (or even worse, duals). I don't think Isha is NeTi. I think she's either an or lead.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"brian", you're never solid on the two of yours typings.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isha has been given 16 types. So someone was right at some point.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    (not sure what she think she s now)
    ILE. I can't remember which of us made it as an utterly off-hand suggestion, but a few days later I asked her "Have you thought more about being ILE?" and Bam! new self-typing. Independent (well, mostly) conclusion from Isha.

And either way, you don't have to be duals, or even in the same quadra to have a good relationship, for instance, my best-friend and I are in different quadras, and still have a strong relationship. I think too many people think that just because they have a good relationship with someone means they have to have shared values, or worse, must be in the same quadra (or even worse, duals).
    Thankfully, it's not "We get along really well, so we have to share the same values and be in the same Quadra!", but "We get along really well, most probably because we share the same values and are in the same Quadra."

This is a fair point though I think it would be unwise to overshoot in the other direction and totally devalue Socionics, however. (Not directing this at anyone in particular.)

I think she's either an or lead.
    Oh? Can you elaborate on this at all?

EDIT

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    "brian", you're never solid on the two of yours typings.
    I will be eating this thread in a month, yes. I promise to let you present the mustard and salt.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ILE. I can't remember which of us made it as an utterly off-hand suggestion, but a few days later I asked her "Have you thought more about being ILE?" and Bam! new self-typing. Independent (well, mostly) conclusion from Isha.

Thankfully, it's not "We get along really well, so we have to share the same values and be in the same Quadra!", but "We get along really well, most probably because we share the same values and are in the same Quadra."

This is a fair point though I think it would be unwise to overshoot in the other direction and totally devalue Socionics, however. (Not directing this at anyone in particular.)

Oh? Can you elaborate on this at all?
    So Isha is your significant other? Somebody please fill me in. SiFe help is things like relaxing or creating a relaxing surroundings and not putting too much pressure on people to cook and clean, but usually SiFe are good about that so they don't hand it to NeTi. They can listen to people talk for hours and are very receptive to long conversations.
    -

Creepy-male

So Isha is your significant other?
    Nah. What makes you ask?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nah. What makes you ask?
    Well, is Isha a real human being or imaginary? I am trying to get a feel for her/him/?? and you.
    -

Creepy-male

Well, is Isha a real human being or imaginary? I am trying to get a feel for her/him/?? and you.
    She's a real human being. We live in the same city. She's a [SUPER BEST] friend of mine. She posts/used to post here on these forums, her current name is Huginn.

What do you need to get a feel for Isha and myself?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She's a real human being. We live in the same city. She's a [SUPER BEST] friend of mine. She posts/used to post here on these forums, her current name is Huginn.

What do you need to get a feel for Isha and myself?
    I have a very good feel for you. I don't know a thing about Isha, but you're saying friends. Do you not like here?
    -

Creepy-male

I have a very good feel for you. I don't know a thing about Isha, but you're saying friends. Do you not like here?
    I don't understand the question?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't understand the question?
    Why did you cross out Super Best friend part?
    -

Creepy-male

SUPER BEST FRIENDS is a joke from South Park. I was crossing it out as a joke. It's a bit hard to explain.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his effusiveness embarrasses him :-p
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    :redface:

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    "...and they lived happily ever after".
    Hey, don't be jealous You're one of my favourite ILEs on the forums!

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never saw isfp and I still dont see it. if you remember way back when, I criticized your Fe usage because it seemed really forced to me, it still does. this could just be me supervising you though, my understanding of demonstrative has improved and I dont think it would manifest in you like this if you were IEE.

For what its worth, I can see ESFj. ISFp, not at all. IMO, if you want to get to your real type, discard ISHA from the equation. Take ALL intertype relations with people you know AFTER you have a foundation for it; meaning, at the very least, having pinned down your quadra( you are certain of alpha, yes?)
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    For what its worth, I can see ESFj. ISFp, not at all. IMO, if you want to get to your real type, discard ISHA from the equation. Take ALL intertype relations with people you know AFTER you have a foundation for it; meaning, at the very least, having pinned down your quadra( you are certain of alpha, yes?)
    The only influence Isha has on my typing is as a close friend who knows me well and who I trust to have a clear picture of who I am and how I work. That she is a close friend who I would assume knows me rather well means I put a lot of stock in her opinion, a little more-so than my own, which in turn I prioritise over the opinions of people who only know me over the internet--and on a public forum no less!--who only get to see a small part of me, and a part that is very open to interpretation at that, no less.

Likewise, ILE makes very good sense for her quite apart from "We get along well" or "We seem to be the same Quadra". In describing how her LII type manifests, she's managed to very neatly describe several typically ILE traits (curiously, most evidently around Fi PoLR). Duals just naturally and neatly falls into place for the two of us following these independent typings.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only influence Isha has on my typing is as a close friend who knows me well and who I trust to have a clear picture of who I am and how I work. That she is a close friend who I would assume knows me rather well means I put a lot of stock in her opinion, a little more-so than my own, which in turn I prioritise over the opinions of people who only know me over the internet--and on a public forum no less!--who only get to see a small part of me, and a part that is very open to interpretation at that, no less.

Likewise, ILE makes very good sense for her quite apart from "We get along well" or "We seem to be the same Quadra". In describing how her LII type manifests, she's managed to very neatly describe several typically ILE traits (curiously, most evidently around Fi PoLR). Duals just naturally and neatly falls into place for the two of us following these independent typings.
    I get that, but Isha has trouble pinning down her type too. It would be a different case if you were putting stock in someone more certain of their type. Prioritizing others opinions is cool once you have the fundamental knowledge to be able to discern what they are actually saying and coincide that with socionical knowledge. I don't think you're at that point yet.

As far as the internet pplz thing, I agree to an extent.

The people here may not know you as personally as Isha, your close friends or family, but type indicators manifest in how you talk and what you talk about, the manner in which you speak. If you look at things in a way where only information you provide( in the form of stories, etc) is being dissected, then okay I can see this. That isnt the case alot of the time, there are things that have come out in your time here that can be dissected that you are probably not aware of. It comes out on a very subtle level, and its something that cant be learned through theoretical analysis alone. Experience with types allows you to see this. To me, theres is definitely a lack of self understanding that you have shown - aside from socionics. The way which your going about it is abit faulty, in my opinion, for the reasons stated.

I am pretty sure you are not ISFp, regardless of what Isha is. You are not like the other ISFps here and you blatently go against certain ISFp traits, such as their trademark humility and avoidance of the spotlight. These are blaringly obvious things that I cant seem to reconcile.

If you made this thread to debate your type, then please provide some reasoning. If this was just a declaration thread, I dont have much more to say. Congrats? lol.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    What do you mean by effusiveness? In what circumstances is that in?
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

Isha is easy to get on with I think fwiw, regardless of type.

Dunno why though, maybe that is question?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian, you realise I don't think Isha even gives a shit about this site any more?

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Brian, you realise I don't think Isha even gives a shit about this site any more?
    Yes. And?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isha is not ILE.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's his Fe-mobilizing function at work.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking