Thread: SLI working on a project

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLI working on a project

So my husband was working on a project cutting down some old trees that I've been wanting him to do, but he has this old beat-up chainsaw he got from a garage sale, and it kept stopping, and he was spending more time fixing the chainsaw that cutting things up. So he came in complaining, and I asked how much a new chainsaw cost, and he said about $200, and maybe he'd get one. Then he said no he doesn't want to spend the money, so he's taking a nap instead.

Classic.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOLOL

My SLI X purchased two matching BMW's for us. I left mine behind, when we broke up. He refused to spend $25 for a new mailbox for us. He restrapped the old mailbox using a cheep plasic wire.

So Classic.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I talked him into getting a new chainsaw. There's this new business that opened up that is run by a blind guy who buys broken small motor things, fixes them, and sells them, and who also sells new things. So I said maybe he could trade in the broken one toward a new one, and help out this blind guy trying to start up his new business at the same time.

We'll see what he comes back with.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I think I talked him into getting a new chainsaw. There's this new business that opened up that is run by a blind guy who buys broken small motor things, fixes them, and sells them, and who also sells new things. So I said maybe he could trade in the broken one toward a new one, and help out this blind guy trying to start up his new business at the same time.

We'll see what he comes back with.
    Right, put an Fi-spin on it. . .nicely done!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's blind and he fixes motors? How in the world does he do that? Blind person + chainsaw are two things I didn't think went together.
    IEE

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    He's blind and he fixes motors? How in the world does he do that? Blind person + chainsaw are two things I didn't think went together.
    Good question. I saw a blind guy today, he had to ask his female friend (partner? She was pregnant, and they had a child with them) what bill was in restaurant, anyway, blind guy, so strange and impressive. He was maybe even taller than me, looked very physical build, dressed well, nice hair, quite attractive I would say, maybe late 30's, he had cane and I wondered how he got blind...was he always such a way, I tbh didn't realise he was blind till he stood up (he was at table near me, happened to notice in passing for some reason), anyway, how cool would it be if he fixed motors too.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you a little tipsy, cyclops? Cuz I kinda had a hard time reading that...lol.

Creepy-Cyclops

haha lol, just distracted.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, but he's blind and he fixes small motors. It's big news around here because it seems really weird, but I guess he's really good at precise work like that.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I don't know, but he's blind and he fixes small motors. It's big news around here because it seems really weird, but I guess he's really good at precise work like that.
    He "sees" with his fingers. . .

It's like Stevie Wonder!

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Good question. I saw a blind guy today, he had to ask his female friend (partner? She was pregnant, and they had a child with them) what bill was in restaurant, anyway, blind guy, so strange and impressive. He was maybe even taller than me, looked very physical build, dressed well, nice hair, quite attractive I would say, maybe late 30's, he had cane and I wondered how he got blind...was he always such a way, I tbh didn't realise he was blind till he stood up (he was at table near me, happened to notice in passing for some reason), anyway, how cool would it be if he fixed motors too.
    It touches my heart that you wondered that.