View Poll Results: Type Nik

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTp

    0 0%
  • INTp

    5 100.00%
  • INTj

    0 0%
  • ISTp

    0 0%
  • INFj

    0 0%
  • ENFp

    0 0%
  • Other (please explain)

    0 0%
Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Feedback on Type

  1. #1
    Creepy-cinq

    Default Feedback on Type

    .
    Last edited by cinq; 10-08-2010 at 01:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with Pinnocchio on INTp

  3. #3
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I agree with Pinnocchio on INTp
    Why? Explain with your knowledge. Also, you've claimed your mom to be INTp - what are the comparisons.

    Edit: I'll qualify this to say I'm not trying to be antagonistic. If you have a storehouse of knowledge and you've made many claims of this, this is your opportunity to showcase what you know, and you have your experience with your Mother to draw from. I'll be open to what you provide (but be prepared I may not agree).

  4. #4
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Why? Explain with your knowledge. Also, you've claimed your mom to be INTp - what are the comparisons.
    Your values align with my mom's for education, compitence. She and her friend who are also INTp push their kids to succeed and are always woried about their success and what things they are accomplishing in school. Both have conservative values are not very material, especially extravegant with personal style such as manicures and peticures.

    But I believe those things are also the same for ISTp as well.

    With Ni you have to ask yourself how important is time and do you keep a strigent eye on it not only for yourself but for others? As in, does it upset you with others don't care about time?

    With Si you have to ask yourself

    "SEIs have a strong connection to and ability to recognize internal physical states in themselves and others. They understand how these states are reached and are able to easily recreate or avoid them if desired. They are innately drawn to situations that satisfy their inner physical needs and experience. They are usually skilled at the art of recreation, enjoyment, and positive aesthetic experience.

    SEIs often feel that they are in a rush, both mentally and physically. Therefore, they can sometimes feel like they need to get everything done at once (which can be explained by the SEIs base and role functions). When an SEI starts a personal project, they often have the tendency to try to get concrete results in the shortest amount of time, which can lead to rushing and carelessness. This could lead to the SEI becoming stressed and overworked.

    Often unable to express their feelings well using words, the SEI will instead create "art" (artwork, food, writing, or any other aesthetic situations) to illustrate the comfort or discomfort that they are experiencing internally.

    SEIs try to make their living space comforting and appealing to the senses and strive to improve the lives of those they are close to."

  5. #5
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my first guess would be INTP. But I'm not really certain.

  6. #6
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You do seem to potentially have an Fe PoLR. You talk about intuition, and research, and that kind of thing a lot, plus you routinely test with N over S, right, so I'd kind of think probably ILI>SLI. The interest in photography could maybe point to SLI>ILI, but lots of people of various types are into photography and I don't think that's the strongest thing to type by. I think the overall picture seems more ILI. I don't think LII is an impossibility either.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  7. #7
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Your values align with my mom's for education, compitence. She and her friend who are also INTp push their kids to succeed and are always woried about their success and what things they are accomplishing in school. Both have conservative values are not very material, especially extravegant with personal style such as manicures and peticures.

    But I believe those things are also the same for ISTp as well.

    With Ni you have to ask yourself how important is time and do you keep a strigent eye on it not only for yourself but for others? As in, does it upset you with others don't care about time?

    With Si you have to ask yourself

    "SEIs have a strong connection to and ability to recognize internal physical states in themselves and others. They understand how these states are reached and are able to easily recreate or avoid them if desired. They are innately drawn to situations that satisfy their inner physical needs and experience. They are usually skilled at the art of recreation, enjoyment, and positive aesthetic experience.

    SEIs often feel that they are in a rush, both mentally and physically. Therefore, they can sometimes feel like they need to get everything done at once (which can be explained by the SEIs base and role functions). When an SEI starts a personal project, they often have the tendency to try to get concrete results in the shortest amount of time, which can lead to rushing and carelessness. This could lead to the SEI becoming stressed and overworked.

    Often unable to express their feelings well using words, the SEI will instead create "art" (artwork, food, writing, or any other aesthetic situations) to illustrate the comfort or discomfort that they are experiencing internally.

    SEIs try to make their living space comforting and appealing to the senses and strive to improve the lives of those they are close to."
    I'm sorry to have mislead you here. I'm not really looking for advice because I'm lost and don't know my type. I'm more interested in a break down analysis - how members interpret various parts of the information I've provided. Simple hunches are sufficient too. But, for those who feel they are knowledgeable, if they are going to make a claim, it would be nice if they explained how and why they chose a certain type.

    Thanks for the effort Maritsa.

  8. #8
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    I'm sorry to have mislead you here. I'm not really looking for advice because I'm lost and don't know my type. I'm more interested in a break down analysis - how members interpret various parts of the information I've provided. Simple hunches are sufficient too. But, for those who feel they are knowledgeable, if they are going to make a claim, it would be nice if they explained how and why they chose a certain type.

    Thanks for the effort Maritsa.
    You're welcome.
    I noticed that you like art/photography, that would point to S types and you are very detailed and specific in your explainations. Pointing to some of the basics of Socionics, that would indicate S type.

    You are kind and respectful, but rather hasety to make judgements sometimes and overlook important details based on vilation of your values...if you perceive people to have violated values...especially ones that go against humanly treatment of others.

    Yet with theories you want solid proof; that's not very N like; N's love theory, even wild ones. Or, will at least pay attention to and openly recieve possibilities.

    Although you seek out information and knowledge somehow you are open to more...Ne is rather such that new information is needed all the time, a constant stream in order for this function to survive as one at all. But Ne could be your activating function, that means you value it and seek it more so then others when it is activated. I don't see Ne in your ego block because then you would either have a dominent other function like Ti or Fi then use Ne for general picture building or have Ne as a constant stream where new, constant new is required. Hence, you do not make any mention of you needing new situations or linking any possible things together.

    So my analysis, because I have Ti in my third spot, also acts to eliminate types for you much like how INTj would proceed to do so by eliminating contridictions on systems or type.

    So far, you are not INFj or INTj, ENTp or ENFp.

    And because I am both brain oriented I also look at statistics as well...

    So far, by elimination of most N types. I would rule in S types, mostly because of your perceptive hobby or photography.

    You seem somewhat not focus/work oriented and lazy? (no hard feelings please), because you don't submit your best work...that's more like ISTp. Mariella, would you not agree with this somewhat?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-16-2010 at 11:45 PM.

  9. #9
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OK baby issue there.

    The reason I said that LII is not an impossibility is because it sounds like you have very strong Ti (charting, systems, etc.) and that is something that you seem to enjoy very much and therefore it might be an IE that you value. So I wouldn't throw that possiblity out. But then the fact that is a business venture could indicate Te, though I think that, as with photography, many people of many types are interested in making money for obvious reasons, so I wouldn't use that as a strong thing to type by either.

    So generally I feel like ILI over LII, but I would not say no way to LII. Both types are strong at Ti and Te, and also at Ni and Ne, so you have to look at what is valued more than which of those are strong. But I would say that, which I wouldn't 100% rule it out, you don't seem to be SLI to me.

    LIIs supervise me and I'm finding myself worried that I might have contradicted myself somewhere, which makes me wonder if I'm getting a supervision vibe from you. LOL. Maybe I'm imagining that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  10. #10
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, Ips are supposedly lazy, but it's something that can be influenced by where someone is in their life and what's going on with them, so you have to use caution when saying, "He says he's lazy, therefore he must be an Ip type."
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  11. #11
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    You asked how people come to determine their own type?...Here's how I did mine.

    I, as an EII, I can look a lot like LII, because I can have/make systems for doing things but unlike Ti, I am not as critical/analytical/justice focused, much more humanitarian and because of Fi, I am much more moralistic and entirely merciful.

    I choose my type by objective VI method first, I gave people independent of one another to type me, if they got it wrong, all three that claimed to be experts in the field, then I was going to pursue something else, but they all got it right. So, then I kept a year long journal of me, wrote everything about myself and then had family and friends tell me what they thought about me and kept that in another journal; when I put the picture together it was EII.

    I looked at my weakness first, thought of all the things I couldn't do and didn't want to do...it all pointed to Te.
    Then I looked at my behavior that all pointed to Se PoLR
    I also looked at my values.
    My inventive nature and my humanitarian values...I have always, from early childhood, took up causes to help people, volunteer in places were people needed emotional help...like synagogues for survivors of the holocaust when I was a teenager and many of the other kids were busy partying...
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-17-2010 at 12:15 AM.

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Well, Ips are supposedly lazy, but it's something that can be influenced by where someone is in their life and what's going on with them, so you have to use caution when saying, "He says he's lazy, therefore he must be an Ip type."
    true, I coupled that with what I interpreted to be Si...thank you for correction to Ne. I suppose being an Ne, she sees much more possibilities then I do and is not confined to the J which pushes to make conclusions and move forward..

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    OK baby issue there.

    The reason I said that LII is not an impossibility is because it sounds like you have very strong Ti (charting, systems, etc.) and that is something that you seem to enjoy very much and therefore it might be an IE that you value. So I wouldn't throw that possiblity out. But then the fact that is a business venture could indicate Te, though I think that, as with photography, many people of many types are interested in making money for obvious reasons, so I wouldn't use that as a strong thing to type by either.

    So generally I feel like ILI over LII, but I would not say no way to LII. Both types are strong at Ti and Te, and also at Ni and Ne, so you have to look at what is valued more than which of those are strong. But I would say that, which I wouldn't 100% rule it out, you don't seem to be SLI to me.

    LIIs supervise me and I'm finding myself worried that I might have contradicted myself somewhere, which makes me wonder if I'm getting a supervision vibe from you. LOL. Maybe I'm imagining that.
    Just perception, I don't feel the Ti at all, he hasn't chosen any system to eliminate contridictions to...yet.

    I get a lot of Te...you?

  13. #13
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    OK baby issue there.

    The reason I said that LII is not an impossibility is because it sounds like you have very strong Ti (charting, systems, etc.) and that is something that you seem to enjoy very much and therefore it might be an IE that you value. So I wouldn't throw that possiblity out. But then the fact that is a business venture could indicate Te, though I think that, as with photography, many people of many types are interested in making money for obvious reasons, so I wouldn't use that as a strong thing to type by either.

    So generally I feel like ILI over LII, but I would not say no way to LII. Both types are strong at Ti and Te, and also at Ni and Ne, so you have to look at what is valued more than which of those are strong. But I would say that, which I wouldn't 100% rule it out, you don't seem to be SLI to me.

    LIIs supervise me and I'm finding myself worried that I might have contradicted myself somewhere, which makes me wonder if I'm getting a supervision vibe from you. LOL. Maybe I'm imagining that.
    I think your analysis is good, and I thank you for your input. I'm curious about your supervision vibe, so, we'll see how you feel as we progress in more interactions. You are correct about photography - people of various types engage in this activity. Some just point and shoot, while others go to the extreme and buy an extension tube for their telescopic lens just to prove they have a bigger penis. I'm of the latter camp, more or less. I'll go as far as to demonstrate my competence in macrophotography by successfully determining the right paramaters to photograph various tiny insect species to the degree of being able to identify the various types by the colour and position of their scales. It's not the details I'm interested in - it's the question of mastering the ability and competence. After mastering this, the rest becomes routine.

  14. #14
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    I think your analysis is good, and I thank you for your input. I'm curious about your supervision vibe, so, we'll see how you feel as we progress in more interactions. You are correct about photography - people of various types engage in this activity. Some just point and shoot, while others go to the extreme and buy an extension tube for their telescopic lens just to prove they have a bigger penis. I'm of the latter camp, more or less. I'll go as far as to demonstrate my competence in macrophotography by successfully determining the right paramaters to photograph various tiny insect species to the degree of being able to identify the various types by the colour and position of their scales. It's not the details I'm interested in - it's the question of mastering the ability and competence. After mastering this, the rest becomes routine.
    Why do you shoot insects?

    Can you speak a little about your values?

    ISFj or ISTj?

    You mentioned missed opportunities:

    " type with PoLR has a difficult time understanding ideas that seem new or novel, especially when it has no tangible effect on their lives. Leaving little to chance, they are able to plan out their lives for years ahead of time. This results in difficulties handling unexpected problems in their lives that put a halt on their usual pursuits, and they tend to fear all the possible "what-if's" when those problems prevent them from seeing a clear future. When unsure about something, these types can either avoid making any changes at all or making too quick and reckless of a decision, either of which resulting in missed opportunities."

  15. #15
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Well, Ips are supposedly lazy, but it's something that can be influenced by where someone is in their life and what's going on with them, so you have to use caution when saying, "He says he's lazy, therefore he must be an Ip type."
    Exactly. I don't classify myself as being lazy. I work hard at accomplishing things. In fact, I've been handsomely compensated and recognized for achieving some key deliverables as work. But, there are definitely areas in my life where certain types would consider me lazy because I don't engage in certain 'conventional activities'.

  16. #16
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Exactly. I don't classify myself as being lazy. I work hard at accomplishing things. In fact, I've been handsomely compensated and recognized for achieving some key deliverables as work. But, there are definitely areas in my life where certain types would consider me lazy because I don't engage in certain 'conventional activities'.
    "Some subjects require volumes of memorization - too much for me to process. I'm not a fast reader, and I like to take my time to digest the information and think about the implications and associations."

    Thinking about implications information and digestion...can you answer what the purpose of you doing this is? What are you thinking on? To eliminate contridictions? or to gather new perspective and ideas?

    What is a naturalistic humanist?

  17. #17
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Why do you shoot insects?

    Can you speak a little about your values?
    There's enough above in my OP to help you out. But, I'll indulge..

    I'll take you as my specimen. You are an oddity. I think you mean well, but truly out of touch. So, I have some sympathy and empathy for your situation. However, if I should find you in the midst of my lab environment, dead on an autopsy table for me to examine, I'd only be thinking about what I might discover and explore inside the when I open you up. I'd be really interested in dissecting the various systems and finding anomalies, and understanding the root cause. I may be tempted to goof around and cut the intestines and use them as a skipping rope, like I did with a cat's intestine in my high school bio class.

    By the way, I love cats. I have two and love them dearly.

  18. #18
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    There's enough above in my OP to help you out. But, I'll indulge..

    I'll take you as my specimen. You are an oddity. I think you mean well, but truly out of touch. So, I have some sympathy and empathy for your situation. However, if I should find you in the midst of my lab environment, dead on an autopsy table for me to examine, I'd only be thinking about what I might discover and explore inside the when I open you up. I'd be really interested in dissecting the various systems and finding anomalies, and understanding the root cause. I may be tempted to goof around and cut the intestines and use them as a skipping rope, like I did with a cat's intestine in my high school bio class.

    By the way, I love cats. I have two and love them dearly.
    All EII are oddities...we seem odder when we come out of the closet.

  19. #19
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    All EII are oddities...we seem odder when we come out of the closet.
    You're a EII wannabe, Maritsa. Get over it. In one hour, you've gone from INTp to ISTp to considering ENTj. You don't know. You don't understand. Period. I've given you plenty of information and you still can't work it through.

  20. #20
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    You're a EII wannabe, Maritsa. Get over it. In one hour, you've gone from INTp to ISTp to considering ENTj. You don't know. You don't understand. Period. I've given you plenty of information and you still can't work it through.
    Well, view me however you see fit. But people can't come up with type like that...You don't have enough post so that I can see Ne come out all I see is S now. I don't type with words usually unless there's a lot of information to sift through. What do you want to be typed as? Why can't you type yourself just like INTp would?

    You are mean, now, now I feel your Se. Mariella is feeling Ti and I am feeling Se; I shouldn't have doubted when she felt your Ti; we may be feeler types, but we are very sensitive you know.

    SeTi That makes for ESTp. There I am done with it. i feel like you would tremble me with your Se if I proceeded any longer.

  21. #21
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Well, view me however you see fit. But people can't come up with type like that...You don't have enough post so that I can see Ne come out all I see is S now. I don't type with words usually unless there's a lot of information to sift through. What do you want to be typed as? Why can't you type yourself just like INTp would?

    You are mean, now, now I feel your Se. Mariella is feeling Ti and I am feeling Se; I shouldn't have doubted when she felt your Ti; we may be feeler types, but we are very sensitive you know.

    SeTi That makes for ESTp.

    INtp -> ISTp -> ENTj -> ESTp Stupendous. 3 different quadra values.

    Look, if you can easily ID using morphology in 2 seconds, you should be equally adept at determining type with the information I provided.

    You don't know. You're digging yourself a deeper hole.

  22. #22
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    INtp -> ISTp -> ENTj -> ESTp Stupendous. 3 different quadra values.

    Look, if you can easily ID using morphology in 2 seconds, you should be equally adept at determining type with the information I provided.

    You don't know. You're digging yourself a deeper hole.
    I like digging only to get myself out having known more then when I started digging. Don't you know that that is a tactic? But you wouldn't recognize that because most people who are educated, can't come close to the knowledge that N types can amass in their minds.

    So You're an insinuating person who makes fun of people who can't tell what type he is by his writing about himself. You make fun of people and laugh at them and you make references of their fragile internal parts as objects and have no value for living things on an emotional level/empathetic. You claim that you do, but no one who valued life would make a reference of intestine being used as jump rope.

    INTp would not be so hartless as you are neither would INFj nor INTj. ESFp, ISFp would not either. You can only be so crude to be a man of a T type.

    ST type.

  23. #23
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I like digging only to get myself out having known more then when I started digging. Don't you know that that is a tactic? But you wouldn't recognize that because most people who are educated, can't come close to the knowledge that N types can amass in their minds.
    :wink:

  24. #24
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    :wink:
    Just in case you were wondering..wink wink...I played at your emotions to see what they are like. Wink Wink.

    You interact very well with ISTp's so my feeling, call it a hunch is,

    I condsidered many possibilities based on what you wrote about yourself and your outlook on things. You don't seem to be afraid of Se and you are timid, though not social. Some I would eleminate for sure, especailly ISFj and INFj (Fi), ENFp, but I am not sure about ENTp.and ENTj, I would eliminate INTj, ESFj (Fe) and ENFj. I strongly feel the Se and Minde feels the Ti and I don't feel the TiNe, maybe she feels more TiSe

    ESFp
    ESTp
    ISTj

    ENTj
    ENTp
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-17-2010 at 01:49 AM.

  25. #25
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Just in case you were wondering..wink wink...I played at your emotions to see what they are like. Wink Wink.

    You interact very well with ISTp's so my feeling, call it a hunch is,

    ESFp
    Thanks for you input, Maritsa. Let's hear what other members have to say.

  26. #26
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    I find you to be one of the most insightful and nicest people on this forum.
    I don't know what type you are but have put into the colour blue what we have in common.
    That would make sense Suzzy because you keep typing INTp in tests too...interesting connection. And, both of you are 5w4 in the enneagram. Yay, you guys found your twins...that's so sweet.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-17-2010 at 02:04 AM.

  27. #27
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    I find you to be one of the most insightful and nicest people on this forum.
    I don't know what type you are but have put into the colour blue what we have in common.
    Thanks Suzzy I have a friend whom I interact with seldomly, but, when we do, we talk for hours. There are no boundaries to what we talk about, and usually it's about the abstract. It's an oasis - engages my imagination. I get that sense a similar potential between us. I'm not sure we are identical types, but, I sense similar and harmonious enough to get along well. And assuming we are both E5s, we understand our need for solitude, space, to engage our intellectual curiosity and creativity.
    Last edited by cinq; 04-17-2010 at 02:24 AM.

  28. #28
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    INtp -> ISTp -> ENTj -> ESTp Stupendous. 3 different quadra values.
    Meh, it was all four for me.

    I read your OP yesterday and the only thing that came to my mind was "ILI or LII, could be either", which isn't really helpful.

  29. #29
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    Isn't it great to have a friendship where there are no boundaries to what one can talk about. Where you do not have to worry about one another being too subjective rather than looking at things objectively. It does engage the imagination as there are no real taboos.
    I do wonder how much of this is due to the enneagram and how much to the type one uses.
    Not sure either. I have actually 2 friendships of this nature. I suspect both are 5s. You made me think of the other friend who called me just a few days ago. We naturally drifted to a topic that in most circumstances, communications would have most likely been diverted or ended. In fact, I would not have discussed it with anyone else; I trusted he would understand and not think twice. When his daughter fell ill with leukemia, I visited him and his daughter at the hospital. We walked the grounds discussing her prognosis of 0.2 percent survival (or something of that level), it naturally hurt, but, we had no illusions fate would step in if prayed hard enough. We discussed it rationally and objectively, talked about the next steps in the 'treatment' strategy.

  30. #30
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Without really explaining myself, I would say INTx from what you have given as a description. From the way you describe yourself and things you mentioned, I would say INTp. It's a hunch but a strong one. I am also biased because your way of expression and way of giving out information is such that I can relate to really well and follow with complete ease...something absent when following the thought process of LIIs where I have to put a lot of energy in figuring out what they are trying to say.

    I also like to think my ILI-dar is pretty good and it's definitely responding to everything you wrote.
    Thanks for your input. I know you've posted quite a few thoughts that ring true for me as well.

  31. #31
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Well, view me however you see fit. But people can't come up with type like that...You don't have enough post so that I can see Ne come out all I see is S now. I don't type with words usually unless there's a lot of information to sift through. What do you want to be typed as? Why can't you type yourself just like INTp would?

    You are mean, now, now I feel your Se. Mariella is feeling Ti and I am feeling Se; I shouldn't have doubted when she felt your Ti; we may be feeler types, but we are very sensitive you know.

    SeTi That makes for ESTp. There I am done with it. i feel like you would tremble me with your Se if I proceeded any longer.
    OMG so fake. . .
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  32. #32
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maritsa, you sound like a bad fortuneteller.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  33. #33
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,625
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    This is basically a mirror of my thread at socionics.com. Pinocchio has provided some good insight for the possibility of INTp. I'm open to other feedback - explanations as to how and why you think I'm a certain type, to, simple hunches. A logical type is very plausible, but, if you think I'm a logical wannabe, please indulge with some analysis. I'd like to hear it.
    There will be no photos. Thanks.

    -------------


    Results stats:
    Below are some of my test results. Bear in mind, tests are not all created equal. Nonetheless, I think you'll be able to capture the general theme or direction.

    Multiple Intelligence: Visual, Logical, Intrapersonal
    Oldham: Somewhere in the range of - Idiosyncratic, Solitary, Sensitive
    Big Five/sloan: mostly |R|COEI, sometimes |R|CUEI
    Enneagram: Mostly 5, sometimes 4.
    Brain test: Balanced left and right (I am ambidextrous)
    Socionics (socionics.com test)INTp
    other tests: mostly INTp, sometimes INTj
    MBTI: mostly INTP (80% of the time), Sometimes INTJ, INFJ. It doesn't matter what test I use.

    About me
    Childhood
    quiet, timid/shy and clumsy. Enjoyed science, math & art, disliked writing assignments and public speaking. Overall good student in most subjects. I usually liked to figure things out on my own. I didn't ask for much help. Some comments from teachers: good student, I let myself get distracted, I don't pay attention to details [intuition], could do better if I applied myself. At home, feedback received: serious, sensitive, doubting thomas, negative, creative and 'the inteligent one'. I liked my time alone. I had friends, although only a few close ones. Socializing was awkward [introverted, logical]. Found family gatherings difficult. I had a bit of fascination with psychology from early on as well. For example, when I realized most of us had hand preferences, I thought this to be silly and engaged in balancing out the hand preference. Maybe this was important to me because I was forced to use my right hand. In any case this continued when I was introduced to right brain/left brain thinking, I was fascinated and decided to practice using 'both sides' equally to become more of a generalist - good at most processes (I did not value the "feeler-type" processes).

    Adult
    Education:
    I value learning, education, knowledge, competence. [] A symbol of achievement and mastery is the 'degree'. [] Unfortunately, I'm not disciplined enough to follow through to complete the requirements, and I have difficulty staying focused on mastering one topic. Some subjects require volumes of memorization - too much for me to process. I'm not a fast reader, and I like to take my time to digest the information and think about the implications and associations. Also, I had difficulty being convinced of some theories, and didn't want to accept them as 'true' even though I had no evidence to disprove them. Many years later, I've found my intuition was correct and some theories I had doubts about were in fact found to be untrue. I managed to obtain a technical diploma to say I completed something. However, I'm a lifelong learner, and continue to seek out information and knowledge in my spare time.

    Career:
    I achieve at underachieving. Maybe, a bit of a late bloomer. I usually have a hard time staying put in one place. I don't like routine tasks. One common theme is project planning/management, although, I don't really care to hold tight reins on the details of the project. I usually have a vision of where I want to go, and follow it [], studying options/alternatives and having the freedom to change directions if required []. So, I usually like some flexibility and creativity to achieve the goal. I've been successful at completing some difficult projects.

    Friendships/Social/Emotional Sphere:
    I have a couple close friendships, mainly relatives. Outside of that, there are many acquaintances. I spend alot of time at home, reading and thinking spending time on the Net. Not much of a talker or touchy-feely. I'm fairly protective of my time and space, except with a couple of family members. I'm careful with social commitments, try not not get involved too deeply. I don't initiate much. I'm not a fan of overly expressive relations [don't like ]. I like it tempered and calm. My least favorite punctuation mark is the exclamation mark. Anything more than one can irritate me. Overuse of capitalization and bold can be fairly offensive as well. [really don't like ]

    Appearance:
    plain, dress for comfort; normally, no bright colours. I cut my hair maybe once a year. My hair is usually kept long. I don't wear makeup, little jewelry. Manicures and pedicures are a bit silly (IMO). [probably intuitive]

    Hobbies/Interests:
    stockchart analysis: I cannot tell you how many hours and days I've spent researching technical analysis [, ], building a trading system [], back-testing [], tweaking and more back-testing [], building a new system, etc. I was introduced to technical analysis when I invested in a stock, and it tanked. I bought into the simple principle, buy low sell high. I started researching investing by fundamental analysis/conventional methods and couldn't handle the time horizon and the fact that I found too many contradictions []. I came across 'chartists', navigating by technical analysis, and was hooked - not by the potential for making millions, but, by the simple predictive value technical analysis offers. So, I chased after the holy grail, to become a competent [] 'chartist' with my very own system []. My problem now is to stay motivated to watch the markets on a daily basis [intuition]. It's not unusual for me to walk away bored and miss a good move. I'm not motivated to make big bucks [introverted?]. Mind you, I've not had the capital to trade. Maybe if I did and needed to depend on this as a means for an income, I'd be a bit more attentive.

    photography: I've been attracted to photography since a young child. I was emotional moved when I received my first 'real' 35 mm camera as a christmas gift. Technology and creativity combined [ + ?]. Composition and quality, with minimal editing effort - is the theme for me. I document my travels and activities [], try to master some of the principles (macrophotography), and enjoy capturing images and impressions at unique angles or lighting. I have a preference for landscape and abstract photography. I've had quite a few people react positively to my photos to the point of taking my framed photos off the wall and asking me to autograph them to take home. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine asked me why I wasn't submitting my photos in journals. In any case, I usually don't like to share my photos publicly. Most of my best photos are just sitting on my hard drive [introvert].

    Religious Beliefs:
    Best described as atheist, possibly a naturalistic humanist. I've not delved too deeply. Suffice to say, I don't like organized/disciplined anything, and I don't believe in the concept of 'God' personified. At minimum, God is NOT male
    Most of this information is irrelevant; I've indicated the phrases or attitudes that are related to certain information elements. Overall I'd bet on ILI. NT is very clear.

  34. #34
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    Yes this is exactly what I mean by a friendship where there are no boundaries to what one can talk about. It means that you can share from deep down in your soul and know that the other understands where you are coming from and it is all ok with them.
    Suzzy
    I had an idea. Can you chart your mood to see if it's more even/linear or all over the place and more uneven?

  35. #35
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Although I don't think I've interacted with you I do enjoy reading your posts and get the impression that you're indeed an ego so I voted ILI

    Your posts tend towards concrete language and factual accuracy, such as using detailed and commonly excepted terminology rather than making emotional or theoretical assertions /
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  36. #36
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    Yes this is exactly what I mean by a friendship where there are no boundaries to what one can talk about. It means that you can share from deep down in your soul and know that the other understands where you are coming from and it is all ok with them.
    I think this is where we differ. I don't qualify these friendships as soulful sharing, and I wouldn't say we always know where the other is coming from. What makes the friendships interesting is the ability to exchange ideas and experiences that one would normally be able to share with others - ideas that would be considered unconventional/idiosyncratic. I mean, my time with them doesn't end contemplating the soulful experience. We may have great conversations, sometimes lasting for hours. But, I may not see them again for 6 months to a year, and live less than 1Km from me. We may randomly connect the next time, but, by no means do we seek each other out. Maybe this is an NT vs NF difference between you and me. Just a thought.

  37. #37
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Although I don't think I've interacted with you I do enjoy reading your posts and get the impression that you're indeed an ego so I voted ILI

    Your posts tend towards concrete language and factual accuracy, such as using detailed and commonly excepted terminology rather than making emotional or theoretical assertions /
    Reflecting back on the contents of my posts, I see what you mean. Thanks for the feedback.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •