Thread: If you were a different temperament?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If you were a different temperament...?

I had an interesting thought the other day - if I were another temperament (or a different type within my own temperament), what type would I be?

I think:

IP -> INTp, because sometimes Ryu accuses me of sounding like one
    EP -> ENFp, because they're my mirror
    EJ -> This is harder, but maybe ENFj, because we share a club and I can usually get/understand their goals
    IJ -> ISFj, because they're the next closest to what I am now

What about you guys? What types do you think you'd be if you were a different temperament?

I understand there was a similar thread somewhere, but I figured I'd make this one anyway.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IJ: EII, this is usually one my top scoring types on tests. Shares the even numbered functions with LII.
    IP: ILI, also tend to score high on this one, I think being H subtype enhances the , leading to a high score on this type even though they're my quasi-idential
    EP: ILE, score moderate to high on this depending on the test and they're my mirror type.
    EJ: I don't really identify much with any of the EJ types. If I had to pick one, I'd go with LIE based on test results and the fact that they are in my club.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(From closest match to least close match

EP: ILE
    IP: ILI
    EJ: LSE

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm SLE

alternatives.. SEE or IEI

hard to explain why on IEI. SEE, I'm sure, is understandable.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJ: EIE
    IP: IEI
    IJ: EII
    EP: ILE
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IP - easily ISTp
    IJ - ISTj probably
    EP - ENTp
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IP--ILI. I've gotten ILI for me before.
    EP--SEE. Sometimes I act pretty darn sociable. Se-valuing feeling type. Maybe IEE.
    IJ--LII. Logical, sorta timid, responds well to energy (emotional this time rather than volitional)
    EJ--EIE. I mean... Yeah.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IP -> ISTp
    EP -> ESTp
    EJ -> ENTj
    IJ -> ISFj

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is pretty interesting to me. I'm glad I started a new thread. So far there appear to be some patterns. For example, with the exception of FDG, everyone is choosing three or more of the other types that match themselves in intuitiveness or sensing. (Diana's sort of an exception, too, though since she didn't choose any intuitives explicitly she still fits the pattern.) And people have tended to choose their mirror, as well as the type that shares their club in their dual's temperament.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IP -> IEI if not ILI - at least would make getting along with people easier, I suppose;
    EJ -> LIE;
    EP -> ILE, although SEE might be interesting to try as well;
    IJ -> I don't think I could be one, but if I was, it would probably be LII/EII.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ep - ESFp
    Ej - ENFj
    Ip - ISTp
    Ij - INFj

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ep - its a tough call between ESFp and ENFp but I think I'll go with ESFp
    Ip - ISFp
    Ij - ISTj
    Ej - ENFj
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IJ! Interestingly. I thought I'd be more EJ or IP because there is only one switch. But thinking to myself, what I'm actually closest to, is IJ. I'm rigid etc, but I'm also very lazy and have quite low energy a lot of the time (but maybe when I'm upbeat and have lots of energy I'll think I'm more EJ), and so EJ just wouldn't sit well with me.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Close but not quite, Ezra. Though, I suppose that might be another interesting question, too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACTUAL LMAO I am such a retard. I didn't even read the OP! AND, even worse, I thought everyone else was taking it to a stupid new level! Apologies for clogging up your thread with shite. I'll have another crack it now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    ACTUAL LMAO I am such a retard. I didn't even read the OP! AND, even worse, I thought everyone else was taking it to a stupid new level! Apologies for clogging up your thread with shite. I'll have another crack it now.
    IP IEI, because I've considered it in the past
    EP SEE, because I've seriously considered it in the past, and I'm far more likely to be an SEE than an ILE (even though, ironically, I'm Ti subtype)
    EJ EIE, because I've considered it in the past, and I'm quite good at dinnertable conversation and making people laugh, and I love loud group laughing with people I like
    IJ LSI, because I nearly was one for a while

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, it's fine, Ezra. Thanks for replying.

You mostly stayed in your quadra, except for EP, where you went toward sensing, which still kind of fits the pattern. I'd guess that's because you don't particularly use clubs, focusing more on IE values.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm.

EP - maybe SEE? Though it's hard to see that. But I can't imagine ILE, and certainly not SLE.

IP - I know some think I could be SEI, which would be lovely as they're lovely people, but I think if I were IP I'd more likely be IEI.

IJ - The only possible one is EII.

EJ - EIE?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Lol, it's fine, Ezra. Thanks for replying.

You mostly stayed in your quadra, except for EP, where you went toward sensing, which still kind of fits the pattern. I'd guess that's because you don't particularly use clubs, focusing more on IE values.
    True, I'm not a massive fan of clubs. Personally I think the ST one doesn't fit me at all (except maybe power talk, in terms of politics).

Also it's probably because I gave SEE more thought over the other types, because I genuinely thought I could be SEE at one time. I actually did make the swap at one point. It lasted for a short while.