Thread: why is this subforum usually dead

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default why is this subforum usually dead

well?

seems like one of the main interesting things about socionics is relations....

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-Cyclops

Well, I think part of problem is people having to discuss possibly personal details on the internet.

Also, I tend to prefer talking about them in Delta forum.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember a time when this and Alpha were extremely busy.

We're more interested in discussing theory now, though...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nobody knows shit about relationships because they are already married to their computer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I know shit about relationships because I'm already married to my computer.
    I was married once, I would consider marrying my computer if it could clean and if maybe it had some sort of interactive entrance hole, but unfortunately it doesn't. On the bright side, negotiations with my new young fiance's father are near completion, so I should be getting myself a new real life moldavan bride in the next six to eight weeks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf does "Any Relations" mean? Are we talking sexual relations? Too much to think about, I might as well post in another subforum.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    And people seem entirely infatuated with the types of the people on this forum to want to pay any attention to an actual practical facet of socionics. Big surprise right there.
    yep. or celebrities.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know the types of people I know, except some guesses about family and friends, so it's pointless. I don't understand how people know the types of everyone around them. I've only got one friend to look into it (she turned out to be an EIE).... but she's also a psychology student and naturally gravitated towards this stuff.

No one else gives a fuck. That's my 2c on intertype relations :redface:

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of the material that could potentially go here is covered in the quadra subforums. It also seems that no one fully trusts anyone else's type list, and it's difficult to talk about relationships when the types of the people in them are questioned.
    Stan is not my real name.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I think part of problem is people having to discuss possibly personal details on the internet.

Also, I tend to prefer talking about them in Delta forum.
    yes. relationships in detail are hard to discuss without revealing enough info for people to understand the heck you're talking about.

I remember a time when this and Alpha were extremely busy.

We're more interested in discussing theory now, though...
    theory is really interesting....and seemingly would have broad application. seems kind of endless though.

nobody knows shit about relationships because they are already married to their computer.
    lol you got it brothah. then we try to figure out our intertype relations with members of this forum. ha

I was married once, I would consider marrying my computer if it could clean and if maybe it had some sort of interactive entrance hole, but unfortunately it doesn't. On the bright side, negotiations with my new young fiance's father are near completion, so I should be getting myself a new real life moldavan bride in the next six to eight weeks.
    then you will be able to freely comment on your relation, since you will have experienced it on a close physical distance, if not a close cultural distance.

And people seem entirely infatuated with the types of the people on this forum to want to pay any attention to an actual practical facet of socionics. Big surprise right there.
    i know! for myself, i'm distracted by the concept of practical application....

I don't know the types of people I know, except some guesses about family and friends, so it's pointless. I don't understand how people know the types of everyone around them. I've only got one friend to look into it (she turned out to be an EIE).... but she's also a psychology student and naturally gravitated towards this stuff.

trust me it will sink in like a virus that you will then be unable to disentangle from your brain. what aixlsyd said.

A lot of the material that could potentially go here is covered in the quadra subforums. It also seems that no one fully trusts anyone else's type list, and it's difficult to talk about relationships when the types of the people in them are questioned
    yeah that's a problem....not trusting the typing skillz of those involved. a problem with the whole theory, really, the validity of typing.

hmmmmmm just seems like we could make better use of this space....some people have posted some really interesting threads in this subforum. such as the recent one on conflict that soapofsapphire wrote.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might be done with socionics for awhile, I dunno. I don't really trust my own or anyone else's typing skills so that renders the entire theory pretty much useless for practical application. But I still like the people here and find it amusing.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post

I was there a few months ago, almost exactly - except my friend who self-typed was SEI. Now I feel socionics slowly taking over my brain and seeing these shapes in the air... alright, maybe not this far. I'm not confident at typing still, but it gets better, as others said. I think it's good to have a few people who are self-typed or typed with almost certainty by you around. It took me a while to get this sample right and realize how IEs manifest in them, but once I did, it started making sense.