Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chilled out ESTps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chilled out ESTps

Hey, new here (obviously)..

I'm pretty sure I'm an SLE, but I was curious if life changing events can chill us out a bit..? I'm 32, *have* fit the SLE stereotypical bastard criminal stereotype in my younger years, but tbh, I can identify a lot with.. like.. INFp "emo-ness" a bit these days. Among other things. Just a lot more introspective, romantic, etc.. It's almost hard to decide if I actually am INFp... but taking my past into account, it's doubtful (and doubtful I'm any other type as well..). As for INFp, I can't tell if that's just me simply playing out some admiration for IEI - or some kind of unhealthy "shadow type" shit.

In any case, I'm probably a beta, and just wanted to say wassup.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think most SLEs are actually pretty chill tbh.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, good to know.

Chill might not be the right word though. I'm just more...ethical and careful... than I used to be. I don't bitchslap, drive like an asshole, steal, or sleep with anyone's wife.. things like that. And it's not like I don't want to sometimes. I just don't.

A lot more empathic as well (although I can remember when I was a kid, I showed empathy many times..so maybe that's a moot point).

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It probably has to do with life experience; my mom is an SLE and I remember as a child she was short tempered and got into some troubles with her anger. But, once she got a bit older, she calmed down.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I don't bitchslap, drive like an asshole, steal, or sleep with anyone's wife..
    lol

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most SLEs become more chill as they get older. I think most people become more chill as they get older. But it's more obvious with EPs in general, and SLEs in particular.

Maybe as IEIs get older they get less wimpy? I hope so.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh in what way do you not want to be "wimpy"? i say do what makes you feel comfortable... whatever that may be.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    No they shift from hippy to gay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just went through a sort of checklist on dichotomies, and I can't help but conclude that I'm IEI. Same quadrant, different beast, I guess

Maybe my adolescence were my dark years, tryin' to be SLE or something... There could be a lot of reasons for that really. I grew up with a lot of violence around me. And abuse. "I'm just a product of my environment." I could imagine that if I kept all of my frustrations internally back in those days, I would have commited suicide. But I didn't. I had to learn to fight.

The part that screws with me is that I haven't heard of INFps being violent. Same goes for SEI.. Oh, and another thing, when I hear an SEI talk about "aggression", they merely limit it to passive aggression or stomping their feet or something. I can't respect passive aggressiveness and foot stomping whinyness. I love a fighter. And in doing so, it makes me wonder wtf kind of INFp I'm supposed to be. I can be overly polite and go pretty far in how I want to treat people nicely.. but it's always possible for me to just stop the bullshit and start choking a bitch.

I'm curious if more IEIs could talk about violence, I guess. I'd love to know if they're as passive as SEI.

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Safe.

Yeah, essentially we're a chilled lot.

But when that Fe comes... fuck me, I turn into something else. I become an excitable little kid.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most SLEs become more chill as they get older. I think most people become more chill as they get older. But it's more obvious with EPs in general, and SLEs in particular.

Maybe.

My dad is 46 and he's still a bit wimpy. On the other hand, I know IEIs my age and they are not in the slightest "wimpy".

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

what a gay topic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd happily stick my dick your ass, and I'd still have to try harder to be as "gay" as some pointless internet toughguy quip. Jesus. Do you actually think this is the place to be cool or some shit?

On another note, my familiarity with personality theories is coming too much from MBTI, I think.. where types are generally described positively. Like every INFp is fucking Gandhi or some shit. Maybe I don't understand what IEI is all about.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

most ieis are chronic liars.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if i were to be completely honest with myself and not lie, i really don't want to stick my dick up your ass.

i can be quite full of shit though. good to know

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

But when that Fe comes... fuck me, I turn into something else. I become an excitable little kid.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that excitable feeling too, where I'm stoked about something/someone.. but it mostly comes out with just the closest of friends. There have been times where it backfires and people think I'm being forceful. Like it's a threat. Which sucks. Over the years, I've kind of held back on who to be like that around with.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Safe.

!

Oh really? SLEs do that to me too !

Maybe it's duality?
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    !

Oh really? SLEs do that to me too !

Maybe it's duality?
    or maybe you're just a giddy kid.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

I get that excitable feeling too, where I'm stoked about something/someone.. but it mostly comes out with just the closest of friends. There have been times where it backfires and people think I'm being forceful. Like it's a threat. Which sucks. Over the years, I've kind of held back on who to be like that around with.
    that's so gay.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    or maybe you're just a giddy kid.
    MAYBE
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd happily stick my dick your ass, and I'd still have to try harder to be as "gay" as some pointless internet toughguy quip. Jesus. Do you actually think this is the place to be cool or some shit?

On another note, my familiarity with personality theories is coming too much from MBTI, I think.. where types are generally described positively. Like every INFp is fucking Gandhi or some shit. Maybe I don't understand what IEI is all about.
    Rofl.

Yeah, that shit is whack.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's so gay.

Gay to hold back? I agree, man.

It's usually about the dumbest shit too. For instance, I remember always turning one of my friends on to movies.. and then one day, her husband actually whined about wanting to be the guy who chooses movies. In my mind, I'm just stoked. To him, it's stepping on his toes. It's pathetic, but fuck it.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Gay to hold back? I agree, man.

It's usually about the dumbest shit too. For instance, I remember always turning one of my friends on to movies.. and then one day, her husband actually whined about wanting to be the guy who chooses movies. In my mind, I'm just stoked. To him, it's stepping on his toes. It's pathetic, but fuck it.
    You listened to him whine? See you're already gay.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just went through a sort of checklist on dichotomies, and I can't help but conclude that I'm IEI. Same quadrant, different beast, I guess
    What about actually trying to type yourself? You know, types, temperaments, this sort of thing.

MBTI is useless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You listened to him whine? See you're already gay.
    Haha.. damnit man.

I can't find a balance honestly. If you know one, I'm all ears. Listening to their whines is about the best I've come up with. If I don't take people into consideration, it just gets counter-productive.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Haha.. damnit man.

I can't find a balance honestly. If you know one, I'm all ears. Listening to their whines is about the best I've come with. If I don't take people into consideration, it just gets counter-productive. I haven't gotten into the half of it.
    Well, just tell him to pick some fucking movies. And do a good job, or he'll not be allowed to choose next time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    What about actually trying to type yourself? You know, types, temperaments, this sort of thing.

MBTI is useless.
    It's more than likely than I'm ESTp. I'm just trying too hard to be nice sometimes ("gay", as Mercutio would say). I blame Jesus.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

It's more than likely than I'm ESTp. I'm just trying too hard to be nice sometimes ("gay", as Mercutio would say). I blame Jesus.
    Well, stop being gay then. And be yourself. You're trying to fit in to environments that you can't be yourself in too much.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha. points.

but it's always possible for me to just stop the bullshit and start choking a bitch.
    I've always felt that way, but never acted on it. (obviously not "choking a bitch"---"Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"---but you know, stop the nice-nice and just get shit done on an absolute level and who cares who likes me and who doesn't).
    I'm curious if more IEIs could talk about violence, I guess. I'd love to know if they're as passive as SEI.
    I'm super passive. Might just be 'cause I'm repressed and neurotic and crazy and stuff. However, other IEIs have talked about how they may seek to start fights, get in fights for the adrenaline or whatever, or how they may act all passive up until a certain point and then go apeshit. I think IEIs, valuing Se but not really knowing how to "manufacture" it for themselves (that is, to perceive the sort of information and hold the sort of attitudes that an Se-ego would), either try to avoid expressing Se altogether (for fear of bungling it), or seek it too consciously, always throwing out little bits of Se in the hopes of getting a strong volitional response. That's maybe not too useful though.

Also, I wouldn't put too too much stock in dichotomies, at least when you're first learning about socionics (unless you've been at this longer than I think...?). E/I in particular can be misleading. Depending on when/where people see me, many would consider me an extrovert, both in the general sense and in MBTI. But socionics-wise, I'm *clearly* an introvert.
    Well, just tell him to pick some fucking movies. And do a good job, or he'll not be allowed to choose next time.
    Are you british?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, stop being gay then. And be yourself. You're trying to fit in to environments that you can't be yourself in too much.

You speak the truth, man.

I have nothing to add really. I might air more of this out at some other time..sans the personal bullshit. If anything, it's interesting to me how Betas in general feel in relation to their environments.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

You speak the truth, man.

I have nothing to add really. I might air more of this out at some other time..sans the personal bullshit. If anything, it's interesting to me how Betas in general feel in relation to their environments.
    I'm sick of my environment. I've been around too many "wrong" people myself. It's getting me down. I'm trying to break out of it myself.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mercutio, given your extreme negativity and presumable depression, I believe the most pertinent phrase at this time is "you need to get laid right now".

Are you british?
    I second this question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh he isn't so bad. There is truth to some of this being lame. I need to remind myself that I can't please everyone. OTOH, I'd give my own advice in return and say we have to coexist.. somehow channel things into something positive. I don't know how or what that positivity is at the moment.. maybe that just comes down to the individual. I'm sure there aren't any drastically better environments to move to though. There's no SLE (or Beta) Mecca.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh he isn't so bad.
    Of course he isn't! Merc's a legend. It's just he does need to get laid at the moment.

There's no SLE (or Beta) Mecca.
    Yes there is.

Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the SLE mecca is any military group. Quell your anti-authoritarianism by submitting to authority SLEs.
    asd

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    the SLE mecca is any military group. Quell your anti-authoritarianism by submitting to authority SLEs.
    Actually, to be honest, I fucking hated OTC. I hated the culture (too much collective activity, overemphasis on getting wasted), I hated the people (boring, boring people who talked about boring, boring things), and I hated the field (uncomfortable, mainly because of the cold). I admire their willpower etc. But I think subscribing to a rigidly defined life is not my style at all. I like a bit of flexibility.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, OK.. Hmm. I'm not a military dude. My old man was, and I love him to death, but honestly I hate that shit. I couldn't last a week in basic training probably (not out of wussyness per se.. just don't dig authorities-by-default.. command structures et al).

edit: There doesn't some to be a lot I identify with SLE when it comes to the nitty gritty details. :\

You guys are alright though.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, OK.. Hmm. I'm not a military dude. My old man was, and I love him to death, but honestly I hate that shit. I couldn't last a week in basic training probably (not out of wussyness per se.. just don't dig authorities-by-default.. command structures et al).

edit: There doesn't some to be a lot I identify with SLE when it comes to the nitty gritty details. :\

You guys are alright though.
    Try SEE? There's a lot of difference between SLE and IEI. This might give you an idea if your problem is more with Se or Ti in ego (or Fi-PoLR). Or with stereotypes.

Also, don't try to fit every detail. The traits given as examples in types' descriptions are often specific and not always obvious (esp. possible negative traits associated with your valued functions).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try EIE for now. Gotta stay in the Beta quadrant at least. In a way, it could answer some of my moodiness that I share with IEI, but also explosiveness that I could share with some SLEs.

Trying not to generalize, but SEE looks like they enjoy themselves - and everyone else- far more than I do. I know how to have a good time and all that, but I've never quite as happy as that. Also, I don't necessarily try to "provoke positive emotions" in others.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast