Thread: EII or ESI

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EII or ESI

While I may not trust everyone's judgement (maritsa is still running wild har har), I trust that many of you are far better at socionics than I am.

I have a person I cannot type. It is a certainty that she gives off a ton of Fi all the time, leaving her to gamma-delta ethical types (Ti POLR is also painfully obvious). Introversion is also probable, as she is very reserved and primarily focuses on Fi, and the lack of apparant Se rules out SEE entirely. She is middle aged and married to a probable LSE/possible LIE (Si not apparant but Te extroversion obvious in her spouse). She is very high strung and tense all of the time, and in this does not seem to place value on Si as any Si related attempts at calming her more often bring more distress than they do a chill delta-ish environment.

My issue with typing her is that I cannot notice the difference between Ne and Se manifesting themselves in her. She is close minded, fanatical and unwavering in her beliefs + attempts to enforce her ideas upon anyone within her vicinity. She does not like giving reasons or explanations for what she demands of others, but rather expects them to be done because she demands it. Any attempt at engaging her in argument will result in either a stalemate with her blaming you for your unjust personal attacks or her having a nervous breakdown which came off to me as Ne POLR (possibly Ti POLR?).

This originally struck me as an unhealthy Fi-Se agenda. However, she has seemingly Ne aspects about her as well, like how she has a closet full of old, recycled sayings warning one of the future and how she is constantly in worry and anxious of the future and speaks of it often, which could either be a gross lack of much sought for Ni or Ne gone bad. She also constantly proclaims that she is open-minded.

So, she is either an incredibly unintelligent EII or unhealthy ESI. Any feedback or obvious differences between the two types would be helpful. I can provide more in depth explanations of any quirks if asked.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Sounds like someone with a lot of problems which makes it hard to connect her behavior to socionics.
    Reading it over, my bias is funny but you can be sure she is Fi and probably introverted.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given only those two types, I'd be inclined to say ESI > EII, but she could be any type, really.
    Stan is not my real name.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    This originally struck me as an unhealthy Fi-Se agenda. However, she has seemingly Ne aspects about her as well, like how she has a closet full of old, recycled sayings warning one of the future and how she is constantly in worry and anxious of the future and speaks of it often, which could either be a gross lack of much sought for Ni or Ne gone bad. She also constantly proclaims that she is open-minded.
    This strikes me more as Ne-PoLR/Ni-HD. Is she an older lady? --if I may ask.

One of the ways Ne "gone bad" would manifest is when said Ne-person considers too many possible outcomes from a given circumstance leading them to inaction (ie. total surpression of Se).

Also, open-mindedness does not equate to Ne.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic
    She is close minded, fanatical and unwavering in her beliefs + attempts to enforce her ideas upon anyone within her vicinity.
    What are the ideas she enforces on others?
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    This strikes me more as Ne-PoLR/Ni-HD. Is she an older lady? --if I may ask.

One of the ways Ne "gone bad" would manifest is when said Ne-person considers too many possible outcomes from a given circumstance leading them to inaction (ie. total surpression of Se).

Also, open-mindedness does not equate to Ne.

What are the ideas she enforces on others?
    Ha, well I didn't mean to imply Ne = open minded.

I called it Fi-Se agenda because she enforces her Fi ideals, like how things should be between to people who are of a certain bonding status. For example, she often confronts her spouse for not performing specific things that ought to be performed by spouses such as reaching a quota of affectionate words said or lack of cooperativity. Being her nephew, I am expected to perform various tasks for her simply because we're family, and specifically because I am the nephew, i.e. younger. She is quick to judge and if she finds fault she will be very frank with you.
    And yeh, she's in her mid 50s I think. A real mystery to type for me and my siblings because I'm not sure if she's getting loopy with age or if she's always been like that.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ne does not mean open minded...
    Ne means the mental ability to digest huge amount of information, make general conclusions, see big pictures, see novel links, possibilities, probabilities, future perspective. To live in the future or in the past.

Se is having sharp 5 senses.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    future perspective. To live in the future or in the past
    That's Ni
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Ni is intuition of time they also live in the past and future, just like all N types.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is not future/past; it is timeless - underlying concepts that do not have to have any particular place in the universe to be considered. All Static functions are timeless really, although is "engaged" enough that it might end up only dealing with present things (things readily available, but only the present is readily available).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni is intuition of time they also live in the past and future, just like all N types.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Ni is IEI's program function and EII's Standard Function;

Where IEI almost entirely lives in stream of time; EII lives in reality and only accesses stream of time when needed; EII needs encouragement to use Ni (positive results).
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-12-2010 at 04:25 AM.
    -

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    is not future/past; it is timeless - underlying concepts that do not have to have any particular place in the universe to be considered.
    O RLY?

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is true that this trait is common to all intuitive types, but that type of intuition is typically branded as Ni by pretty much all the literature.
    Last edited by leckysupport; 04-12-2010 at 08:26 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    It is true that this trait is common to all intuitive types, but that type of intuition is typically branded as Ni by pretty much all the literature.
    I thought so too.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So, she is either an incredibly unintelligent EII or unhealthy ESI. Any feedback or obvious differences between the two types would be helpful. I can provide more in depth explanations of any quirks if asked.
    Not EII; Not LSE; sounds like Ni dual seeking SLE.
    -

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an esi. Her ne will be warning of the future, negative possibilities. You've got an esi on your hands

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

While I may not trust everyone's judgement (maritsa is still running wild har har), I trust that many of you are far better at socionics than I am.

I have a person I cannot type. It is a certainty that she gives off a ton of Fi all the time, leaving her to gamma-delta ethical types (Ti POLR is also painfully obvious). Introversion is also probable, as she is very reserved and primarily focuses on Fi, and the lack of apparant Se rules out SEE entirely. She is middle aged and married to a probable LSE/possible LIE (Si not apparant but Te extroversion obvious in her spouse). She is very high strung and tense all of the time, and in this does not seem to place value on Si as any Si related attempts at calming her more often bring more distress than they do a chill delta-ish environment.

My issue with typing her is that I cannot notice the difference between Ne and Se manifesting themselves in her. She is close minded, fanatical and unwavering in her beliefs + attempts to enforce her ideas upon anyone within her vicinity. She does not like giving reasons or explanations for what she demands of others, but rather expects them to be done because she demands it. Any attempt at engaging her in argument will result in either a stalemate with her blaming you for your unjust personal attacks or her having a nervous breakdown which came off to me as Ne POLR (possibly Ti POLR?).

what exactly do you mean by that? (1st marked part)

If I trusted your judgement, I'd say you're describing either of the Fi base types, not a Ti polr. But you seem to just rant about someone who's causing your trouble.
    Last edited by Amber; 12-04-2014 at 01:23 AM.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    what exactly do you mean by that? (1st marked part)

If I trusted your judgement, I'd say you're describing either of the Fi base types, not a Ti polr. But you seem to just rant about someone who's causing your trouble.
    Yeah. Well, then you are wrong, based on his judgement. If this man is gamma, then you are wrong. If this man is gamma, then the person who is being described is likely Beta.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carrina View Post
    This is an esi. Her ne will be warning of the future, negative possibilities. You've got an esi on your hands
    Really? I don't think so. http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/i...on_elements/Ni

Logically, by the definition, ILI would be the guy to warn of things. So, I warn you that you are wrong.

But, if you rely on this, you will be wrong at times. It sucks. I compensate by correcting myself latter though. It is better than being right all the time, I'd think. That is debatable. What do you all think?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Yeah. Well, then you are wrong, based on his judgement. If this man is gamma, then you are wrong. If this man is gamma, then the person who is being described is likely Beta.
    1+1 = 3

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Actually, this is correct. All intuitive types use this is a correct statement. I shall guard my friends.

I am an Ni dom, and apparently Te user. So I am here. And thus logically, these are my friends. I would agree.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    1+1 = 3
    That is incorrect.

As a note, there are probably flaws in my logic. IE I don't care enough to correct them as long as what I'm correcting is correct. <--- THAT What I mean is when I am correcting, as long as the end result is correct, I don't care.

Nice use of sarcasm though. Excuse my eccentricities. Ni is the thing that causes Mycroft Holmes to be locked up in a room all day thinking.

The actor of Sherlock is INTp. I don't doubt your wOrd. Yes you do.

Also could have been found by what he said after that.

The actor playing Mycroft is also whatever this guy is:

richard-wagner-1233837879-hero-wide-0.jpg

Honestly, it doesn't matter, except that you understand I'm a friend.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 02-07-2015 at 09:41 PM.