Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Might I actually be INTp?

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Alright well Im not trying to pressure so dont worry about it but in case you ever have doubts that the Ganin profiles are really that bad, you can always double check with other decsriptions is what I meant. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MY Fifty-Five Cents

Stop thinking in terms of "the profiles". The type descriptions are not the type, the functions are. Thus the question is: what are your strong functions?

The rest is up to you.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Creepy-

Default Re: MY Fifty-Five Cents

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Stop thinking in terms of "the profiles". The type descriptions are not the type, the functions are. Thus the question is: what are your strong functions?

The rest is up to you.
    This is a problem, actually, for me. I don't think I have strong or ! How odd

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose INFj or ENFp is out of the question?

... uhm... OK, I thought so.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    I suppose INFj or ENFp is out of the question?

... uhm... OK, I thought so.
    Nothing against INFjs or ENFps (or Delta quadra), but I appear to have horridly weak

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mastering the Art

@ Aleesha (Why is everyone changing their nick these days, confusing... )
    The INFP type description claims that - presuming you in fact are INFP - you should have confidence in your Fe

INFps have the ability to positively console people who are upset or worried by helping them to look to the future with optimism. With strangers INFps behave gallantly and tactfully, showing good manners and education. However among friends and family they can be very up front sometimes behaving frivolously. They enjoy baiting others in a playful manner in order to create an easy and tension-free atmosphere. At home INFps can be very frivolous and capricious, showing great stubbornness in getting what they want, sometimes creating dramas and scenes. These emotional outbursts are usually short and disappear without consequences. Generally they have very flexible emotions which they control consciously.
    http://www.socionics.com/prof/infp.htm

Often this appears to be the case, but of course not always. Furthermore it is not all that easy to realistically evaluate your strengths and weaknesses. You seem to have an unduly negative self conception - your versatile talents are quite obvious even online - or perhaps you are just half-consciously looking for praise and affirmation.

On the other hand what may be confusing you is the particular nature of INFPs Fe . It is perhaps not fully understood that social skills require at least as much inhibition and introversion as bright emotions and open expressiveness. Often silence speaks louder than a thousand words and a misplaced flare of rage can hurt more than any polite expression of sympathy can heal. Nowhere in the Socion is this more strongly felt than with regard to INFPs whose emotions are not just any private emotions (internal attitudes Fi ) but the norm-setting, authoritarian, objective, emotions that have to fit into the tight system of the Beta Quadra as Olga in her great wisdom put it and - what should never be forgotten - to be expressed at the appropriate time and in the socially accepted, correct manner. Therefore the emotions of INFPs are not like the spontaneous childlike outbursts of Alpha SF types, but rather more akin to a carefully calibrated fine mechanical tool that may well take many years to fully master before its practisioner has reached the state of perfection that allows him or her to exhibit its full range with admirable confidence.

For the sake of example I have enclosed two pictures of the late Princess Diana. Typed as INFP by Sergei Ganin and several Russian socionics sites. Lady Diana Spencer as a rather shy young cutie

Princess Diana as the strong willed Princess of Hearts swinging a determined and fine tuned Fe as an impressive power tool that so helped to endear her to the hearts of millions of admirers around the world.

Finally, still for the sake of comparison to illustrate the differences between Alpha and Beta, Prince Charles, in my opinion most likely ISFP, could blurt out candid and even philosophically probing comments that, nevertheless, came off as hurtful and ultimately helped to turn the tables against him.

It was replayed on TV many times in August 1997 in the weeks after the Princess of Wales was killed. A scene, 16 years earlier: an interviewer, a teenager and the Prince of Wales. "And you're both in love, of course?" the interviewer asks. "Of course", Diana replies. Camera pans to Prince Charles... "Whatever love means" adds Charles.
    http://www.jp41.dial.pipex.com/R183.HTML

martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    You are just no INTP, sorry. Not only did Baby say that you two sounded exactly the same, but I have also told you that you sound like others people with Te PoLR (hell, I even remarked you sounded like Baby, remember?).
    Wait, wait, wait... IS MY POLR??? SINCE WHEN???

I have not been aware of this for the past... forever. I actually haven't taken a good look at Model-A, and is still just a black square to me. I never got past memorizing my ego functions, lol.

Creepy-

Default Re: Mastering the Art

The INFP type description claims that - presuming you in fact are INFP - you should have confidence in your Fe

INFps have the ability to positively console people who are upset or worried by helping them to look to the future with optimism. With strangers INFps behave gallantly and tactfully, showing good manners and education. However among friends and family they can be very up front sometimes behaving frivolously. They enjoy baiting others in a playful manner in order to create an easy and tension-free atmosphere. At home INFps can be very frivolous and capricious, showing great stubbornness in getting what they want, sometimes creating dramas and scenes. These emotional outbursts are usually short and disappear without consequences. Generally they have very flexible emotions which they control consciously.
    http://www.socionics.com/prof/infp.htm
    I am generally polite, but not the most tactful (I have a habit of blurting things out). I have 2 settings: on or off. Default is off, and then people get upset at me because I'm not responsive to them and they think I'm not paying any attention or that I don't care about them. Stress flips the switch to "on", and I am quite bubbly. It irritates me that most people like the stressed-me better because I tend to be subject to wild mood swings over the smallest incidents and I feel pretty terrible anway.

I do enjoy baiting people but on many occasion it has been shown that I don't know when to stop and can create more tension rather than releasing it.

I do make the dramatic scenes (some people think this is cute?!), and yes they are generally short and disappear without consequence. I have the flexible emotions though they lose momentum rather quickly (I'm not sure if this is of any consequence?)

Often this appears to be the case, but of course not always. Furthermore it is not all that easy to realistically evaluate your strengths and weaknesses. You seem to have an unduly negative self conception - your versatile talents are quite obvious even online - or perhaps you are just half-consciously looking for praise and affirmation.
    It actually annoys me when people tell me I'm good at something when I can't see it myself. I don't appreciate being mislead in any case, and I feel that they are misleading me (maybe for their own ends? I am likely being overly suspicious, but I feel it is more sensible to approach everything with skepticism. I am flexible, though, and presented with adequate evidence I have no problems changing my mind).

On the other hand what may be confusing you is the particular nature of INFPs Fe . It is perhaps not fully understood that social skills require at least as much inhibition and introversion as bright emotions and open expressiveness. Often silence speaks louder than a thousand words and a misplaced flare of rage can hurt more than any polite expression of sympathy can heal. Nowhere in the Socion is this more strongly felt than with regard to INFPs whose emotions are not just any private emotions (internal attitudes Fi ) but the norm-setting, authoritarian, objective, emotions that have to fit into the tight system of the Beta Quadra as Olga in her great wisdom put it and - what should never be forgotten - to be expressed at the appropriate time and in the socially accepted, correct manner. Therefore the emotions of INFPs are not like the spontaneous childlike outbursts of Alpha SF types, but rather more akin to a carefully calibrated fine mechanical tool that may well take many years to fully master before its practisioner has reached the state of perfection that allows him or her to exhibit its full range with admirable confidence.
    Unfortunately I am prone to doing the wrong thing socially (as I mentioned earlier), both too much restraint and the childish outbursts. Though maybe the latter is my ADHD?

That being said I do use emotions as a tool somewhat - I am not very good at it! I can be manipulative in the worst way at times but it is not even worth it because more often than not I am wrong about the other's own emotional state and how they might react to me and how much they care about me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Revival

@Aleesha
    I think you might very well be an INTP.
    It is very characteristic that the fourth function can be fairly strong, but it is hard to control. Thus Expat's descriptions of explosive INFJs, for example. In any case, I like your approach. Presuming you can type others correctly the intertype relations are the key.

Someone, maybe Rick or Olga, wrote that female INTPs need someone with "a grand idea" or something similar. Kind of like Rocky's idea about the Body Types as the key to solving the typing problem. Then they would be great at pointing the flaws with the idea and would like to help turn it into reality, thus INTPs are very good at inventing new methdos... At their best male ESFPs are just raw energy ready to be mobilized and directed. This would presumably hold a certain attraction to the otherwise often rather passive INTPs.

INFPs again, do not need this "grand idea" but act more as a kind of cheerleader to their emotionally needy dual. Could you see yourself as Gulenko's Cold-Blooded type? It does not sound very feminine, but often a bit of shyness can be strangely attractive.
    Visual identification seems promising, but unfortunately I am not very good at it.

@Baby
    I think you sound more like INFJ than INFP, just my subjective opinion of course, but it would also make sense in terms of you being attracted to Ishy/Aleesha... Of course intertype relations do not really work online without the non-verbal interaction, but nevertheless, it is an intriguing possibility.
    martin_g_karlsson

Creepy-

Do you have a link to good descriptions of the Communication Skills? The versions on this site are hard to understand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Revival

@Baby
    I think you sound more like INFJ than INFP, just my subjective opinion of course, but it would also make sense in terms of you being attracted to Ishy/Aleesha... Of course intertype relations do not really work online without the non-verbal interaction, but nevertheless, it is an intriguing possibility.
    Several people have said this to me, actually. Not many, but a few. So, I'm going to actually try an experiment. I'm going to assume I'm INFj and present myself as such, for this month, and see what happens. It might be interesting to see how much of Socionics personality is self-constructed.

It turns out Auvi IS INFj and I am ESTj.

Me= Ani
    Baby= Auvi

* Ani kisses Auvi
    <twoguns> oh
    <Ani> I love you babe but...
    <rmcnew> wah!
    <rmcnew> TWOGUNS!
    <Ani> You really need to put more effort into things.
    <meryt> are you ok reuben?
    <rmcnew> http://socion.info/rskupload.zip
    * Kimmie randomly hugs Ashton
    <rmcnew> it is slightly better than that one we were playing the other night
    <Ani> And not wait around.
    <twoguns> are you ISTP????
    <Ani> Don't, God I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, you know I uh.. love you but you have so much to offer and I wish you could just DO it.
    <twoguns> evil me????
    <Auvi> I understand what you're saying, Sara.
    * Auvi hugs Sara gently.
    * Ani kisses Auvi deeply, skips foreplay

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Might I actually be INTp?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleesha
    After Cheerio's type thread and CuriousSoul's comment about the creative function (after having posted this thread), I thought I might be completely delusional about my type.

As far as hidden agenda goes, I'm prepared to leave open the possibility that I might not understand !

I'm more sensitive to criticism about my "emotionality" than my logic. I feel shattered if someone suggests I'm annoying, or that I have inappropriate emotions. Criticism about my methodology etc. is generally met with aggression.

Discuss :wink:

I'm not compelled to break you in terms of your lack of accountibility in regards to what you say
    you aren't overtly depressing
    I don't dislike you.....................
    ......................................... not in that INTp way.

( )

That's mostly an insubstantial evaluation, and I'm not on here as much as in the past, but that's my initial 'reaction'

.......but then again, everyone's changed their name, so I might be associating the wrong memories with you
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-

Default Re: Might I actually be INTp?

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    .......but then again, everyone's changed their name, so I might be associating the wrong memories with you
    I was ishysquishy, if that helps

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MY Fifty-Five Cents

Quote Originally Posted by Aleesha

The rest is up to you.
    This is a problem, actually, for me. I don't think I have strong or ! How odd
    You have exactly the same problem I do! and have equal weight for me

This might really be a good thing though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oh Baby

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Several people have said this to me, actually. Not many, but a few. So, I'm going to actually try an experiment. I'm going to assume I'm INFj and present myself as such, for this month, and see what happens. It might be interesting to see how much of Socionics personality is self-constructed.
    If you think of socionics types roughly as "a pattern of behavior that seems to fit a certain socionics type description" as appears to be the implicit assumption underlying your claim, Yes, "socionics personality" certainly can be very much constructed as you wish. It is possible, and indeed perfectly normal, for people to change their appearance, behavior, manners and even values greatly. The more different behavior strategies you manage to adapt the better you will be able to cope with many different situations in life.

But that is not what the socionics type is all about. In essence your socionics type is the way how you process information. Most likely it is inborn and fixed at least from your early childhood. It determines things like what are the things you naturally pay attention to and what you are likely to ignore, or what kind of things you will naturally find easy and delightful and what things will demand more of conscious efforts. It often becomes most apparent in informal long term interaction with other people. INFJs perhaps better than any other type can adjust to people with incompatible types, but in the end the question is: Is it really worth the price? In any case, your socionics type exists regardless of how you behave or what you or others think it is.

If you prefer to think of yourself as INFP, feel free to do so. It is just that if you give specific advice on the behavior and characteristics of socionics types you risk misleading others and potentially causing great harm if your advice is based on your having a different self-conception of your type than what your type actually is. I was an INFP when I came to this forum. Then originally thanks to fever I realized I was in fact an INFJ. Since then I have adviced people to read my earlier posts only as a historical curiousity.
    martin_g_karlsson

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote is for INTp. If she's faking, then she's doing a damn good job: almost all of her friends are Gammas, she reacts to me in a way very similar to Ani and an INTp friend of mine, and, I dunno, I guess I'm starting to pick up some Te. It's different, but it's definitely there. Just my opinion.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In essence your socionics type is the way how you process information. Most likely it is inborn and fixed at least from your early childhood. It determines things like what are the things you naturally pay attention to and what you are likely to ignore, or what kind of things you will naturally find easy and delightful and what things will demand more of conscious efforts.
    Yes, I actually agree with you. However, I find quite a few people tend to contrive the fundamental (read: vague, but necessarily so) definitions of functions in order to transmogrify them to fit their own subconscious metabolism. Especially with those people whose behavior doesn't conveniently typify the profiles presented over the internet. To what extent is it possible to shape (or, more accurately, misconstrue) our own thoughts to fit into our conception of a type/function? When you believed you were INFp, you probably did this to some extent.

As I said recently, any type is capable of doing anything any other type an do. However, the motivation will be different for each of us. The execution may or may not differ. This makes it hard to type people because we can see and know each other's activities, but never know the motivation, even if we were to ask the person.

Creepy-

Some people have a hard time seeing me as INTp, so I thought of what else I might be. I think I can exclude sensors (being disconnected from both physical objects and sensations and I don't identify with the Aggressive or Careful roles) and types with in the ego block (I don't think I meed to repeat myself any more than I have).

So, pick a type: ENTp, INTj, ENTj, INTp, INFj, ENFp.

If you think I'm not one of the above types, I'll still listen to your argument.

Creepy-

http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...?p=80038#80038

If Transigent's brief descriptions have any accuracy:

>
    >
    >
    >

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for what it's worth you are very dominant. in case everyone hasn't realized that by now.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12