Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: ENFps would you describe ISTps as "sweet"?

  1. #1
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ENFps would you describe ISTps as "sweet"?

    please bear with me regarding these SLI questions, everyone...

    would you describe SLIs as "sweet" in relationships? Would they, deep down, ever consider themselves as being "softies"? Like say if they had daughters?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  2. #2
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    please bear with me regarding these SLI questions, everyone...

    would you describe SLIs as "sweet" in relationships? Would they, deep down, ever consider themselves as being "softies"? Like say if they had daughters?
    I wish I knew. . .

    However, i did see a photo of the SLI i knew, at a wedding, "dancing" with 2 little girls probably around 7 or 8 years old, holding their hands. It was so adorable! (and I never expected that from him). So I guess my answer is yes. . .

    p.s. and yes, again, I admit I am a facebook stalker
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  3. #3
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I wish I knew. . .

    However, i did see a photo of the SLI i knew, at a wedding, "dancing" with 2 little girls probably around 7 or 8 years old, holding their hands. It was so adorable! (and I never expected that from him). So I guess my answer is yes. . .

    p.s. and yes, again, I admit I am a facebook stalker
    thanks, work!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  4. #4
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm a sweetie deep down.

  5. #5
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post

    I have another SLI guy friend w a young daughter [18 months old or so, I think] and he absolutely loves her. When he talks about her his face stays calm/mostly expressionless, but you can see him light up very subtly at the same time, which is very sweet. He also includes her in some of his FB status updates, always w that dry SLI humor [a recent example: "FYI: [Baby's name] is learning colors and how to say R's. If she points and says "Gay!" she's noting your gray shirt, not judging your lifestyle."].


    omg that cracked me up!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  6. #6
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I'm a sweetie deep down.
    Sure you are. . .


    j/k
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  7. #7
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Sure you are. . .


    j/k
    He is actually very sweet on the inside and tries very very hard not to show it. But, I have been around my duals long enough to know how they like to cover this aspect about themselves up.

  8. #8
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    He is actually very sweet on the inside and tries very very hard not to show it. But, I have been around my duals long enough to know how they like to cover this aspect about themselves up.
    Maritsa, repeat after me. . .

    can you say SARCASM?



    (did you just neglect to see the little j and little k down at the bottom of my post? Or you just wanted another chance to fawn over your supposed duals?)

    Ryu is actually a good friend of mine on here.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  9. #9
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Maritsa, repeat after me. . .

    can you say SARCASM?

    I don't get internet sarcasm, I get it in person, when someone starts to show it by laughing.

  10. #10
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I don't get internet sarcasm, I get it in person, when someone starts to show it by laughing.
    um that's why i put the j/k there.

    someone is a little dense. . .
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  11. #11
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    um that's why i put the j/k there.

    someone is a little dense. . .
    I saw it; I am just explaining to you how I see things.

  12. #12
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My husband is a complete pushover with our girls. He is definitely a softie, and I am the disciplinarian. As far as discipline goes, as we are light in that department.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  13. #13
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I get the impression that Fi HA would cause ISTps to want to be softer and more emotionally open, but they generally don't know how. Maybe?
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  14. #14
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    My husband is a complete pushover with our girls. He is definitely a softie, and I am the disciplinarian. As far as discipline goes, as we are light in that department.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  15. #15
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    My husband is a complete pushover with our girls. He is definitely a softie, and I am the disciplinarian. As far as discipline goes, as we are light in that department.
    I won't have any problems being the discipliner....it bothers me when I see an EII mother being overrun by her kids : /

  16. #16
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    please bear with me regarding these SLI questions, everyone...

    would you describe SLIs as "sweet" in relationships? Would they, deep down, ever consider themselves as being "softies"? Like say if they had daughters?
    The ones I know are softies deep down.

  17. #17
    i'll tear down the sky Mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    TIM
    NeFi
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All the SiTe I've had close enough experiences with are huge softies in the side, they are absolutely adorable and thoughtful... Once you reach that stage with them. You are either very lucky and caught one's imagination and they already start to act tender towards you (super rare) or after you win gold in all Olympic feats (only half sarcastic here ), then this very tender and loyal side comes out. Both SiTe I've been involved with told me they usually avoid relationships because it takes up half of their mind, and it distracts them from things they need to do. I found this funny because I always have my relationships churning in my head, so when a new one arrives, I can still maintain all of my other obligations outside of my social life.

  18. #18
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    very interesting. hmmmm. thank you everyone for your input.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  19. #19
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    All the SiTe I've had close enough experiences with are huge softies in the side, they are absolutely adorable and thoughtful... Once you reach that stage with them. You are either very lucky and caught one's imagination and they already start to act tender towards you (super rare) or after you win gold in all Olympic feats (only half sarcastic here ), then this very tender and loyal side comes out. Both SiTe I've been involved with told me they usually avoid relationships because it takes up half of their mind, and it distracts them from things they need to do. I found this funny because I always have my relationships churning in my head, so when a new one arrives, I can still maintain all of my other obligations outside of my social life.
    Interesting. . .now I'm REALLY thinking i'm SLI. I relate to the bolded. And I am not able to multitask social life with obligations too well at all.

    hmmmmmmmmmm. . .
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  20. #20
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Interesting. . .now I'm REALLY thinking i'm SLI. I relate to the bolded. And I am not able to multitask social life with obligations too well at all.

    hmmmmmmmmmm. . .
    You're about as ISTp as I am ISTp.

    (this means you're not ISTp )
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  21. #21
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I won't have any problems being the discipliner....it bothers me when I see an EII mother being overrun by her kids : /
    I am a pushover, complete and utter pushover. That would, sadly, be me. I fear that sometimes (like never, ever, ever) won't be able to put down the law for them. I think I will be very forgiving and very warm to a fault. I don't have the heart to "punish" my kids. I will send my kids email messages with little slogans to be conscientious about their actions. I will probably start crying myself...argggg. I can see myself telling my husband to be gentle all the time.

  22. #22
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    You're about as ISTp as I am ISTp.

    (this means you're not ISTp )


    Yeah shortly after I posted that I started remembering all the multitude of ways I'm IEE.

    I suppose what look.to.the.sky wrote about inability to multitask relationships probably isn't type related, or can occur to either dual (SLI or IEE). Or maybe I can multitask it better than I think I can.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  23. #23
    i'll tear down the sky Mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    TIM
    NeFi
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I suppose what look.to.the.sky wrote about inability to multitask relationships probably isn't type related, or can occur to either dual (SLI or IEE). Or maybe I can multitask it better than I think I can.
    I think you're most likely able to multitask with relationships better if you're NeFi (prolly FiNe too, I haven't really looked into the other types). Because when you're NeFi, you are constantly noticing a processing information that relationships are a subset of already, so an NeFi would already be churning around that sort of information when a relationship comes to fruition.

    My claim isn't whether a person allows the relationship to take over their lives or not. That's more of a maturity issue. And constantly thinking about the relationship isn't the claim either. It's just how a relationship changes how you live. In my personal experience (not type related maybe?) I can easily factor others into my day-to-day life if they are important enough. In my brain, I just instantly know where I have wiggle room to do things for others, or to see them. What changes in my life is WHO I focus that on. The norm (only recently) is focused on me, then when someone is of interest, say I haven't seen them in a while, they've had a really rough week, or they are my boyfriend, that focus changes to accommodate that.

    I think this is type-correlative more than anything, but all the SiTe could improve with their relationship management comparatively to me This goes for other types as well, I sometimes have issues with my NeTi best-friend. It isn't until the relationship is considered a commitment/responsibility that the SiTe I've been close with put in a significant amount of focus. And once they are in the relationships they are (at least recently, I can't really speak of their past) loyal to death. And that can even be a detriment, because I see them being taken advantage of and then them being scarred and never wanting to enter a relationship again

  24. #24
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Leon, from The professional, gives you a good idea on the real nature of SLIs. They are quite soft hearted, generally speaking, though they rarely allow others get close enough to realize it. However, if someone "touches their soul", it will become very evident.

    ILIs are very similar by the way. Both are a treasure to have as friends.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  25. #25
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mikemex, I like your sig. I loved that book as a kid!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  26. #26
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Mikemex, I like your sig. I loved that book as a kid!
    Great! It's one of the best books I've read; and not precisely just for kids...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  27. #27
    anou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    My husband is a complete pushover with our girls. He is definitely a softie, and I am the disciplinarian. As far as discipline goes, as we are light in that department.
    My dad, who I guess is SLI, is that way, too. He is a quite soft person, even at the outside, and often had not the heart to forbid something. He actually was less demanding than my (probably) EII mum.

    please bear with me regarding these SLI questions, everyone...

    would you describe SLIs as "sweet" in relationships? Would they, deep down, ever consider themselves as being "softies"? Like say if they had daughters?
    This is very interesting, Redbaron, because I always thought my dad is a `typical` SLI, but apparently many SLIs seem to give an other impression... (At the outside at least... (?)) It would be interesting to hear your experiences with them, if you don`t mind. If you don`t feel comfortable answering, just ignore my question

  28. #28
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    This is very interesting, Redbaron, because I always thought my dad is a `typical` SLI, but apparently many SLIs seem to give an other impression... (At the outside at least... (?)) It would be interesting to hear your experiences with them, if you don`t mind. If you don`t feel comfortable answering, just ignore my question
    well that's the thing! I don't think I actually know any! I'm not sure, still trying to figure that out.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  29. #29
    anou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, ok. I assumed your question is caused of some impressions you got...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •