Thread: Delta NFs and being hippies/liberal

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta NFs and being hippies/liberal

Is this type related? I'm not talking about political liberal, more like being open to things being non-conventional, not really caring about other people's lifestyles and choices.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I care very much about other people's choices as it effects everyone else, but I don't think that people should tell anyone how to live their lives. I am a conservative value holder, but I am very ardent humanitarian. Conservatively, I believe in strong family and community values and humanly, I believe that each and every individual is valuable and important and I honor both science and spirituality with an interesting mix and emphasis on concientious living. So much to say.

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not too interested in politics to begin with. I call myself moderate, I consider things on a case by case basis.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some on both sides of the spectrum.

I think they are typically more 'accepting' than say some LSIs, but, what does that really mean?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see this in NF irrationals actually

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Is this type related? I'm not talking about political liberal, more like being open to things being non-conventional, not really caring about other people's lifestyles and choices.
    I think in general, yes. For me, anyway. And basically most of the other Delta NFs I know. However, I think personal moral boundaries are important. If I don't think it's downright wrong I'm pretty open. In the case of where I think it's actual wrong, there's the element of "hate the behavior, love the person", where I say "no, that's not acceptable behavior" but still accept the person and try to treat them well. I'm not perfect at it, but it's a principle I value.

But in terms of strange ways of doing things, or dressing, or talking - it might be disconcerting at first before I get used to it, and I might think they're not being very practical, but I'm usually fairly accepting of people's choices like that. And, again, so are most of the other Delta NFs I know.

Any particular reason you ask?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()

"Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

"Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post

A part of me definitely cares about people's lifestyles and choices, but caring, to me, does not interfere with me accepting them just as they are.

And I echo Minde's response; even if at first I may, let's say, disagree with their choices and style, eventually I will get used to it. Unless, of course, it stands diametrically opposite to my principles. Also, I tend to welcome the non-conventional.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not type related. Funny enough, everyone outside of Delta thinks Delta is supposed to be conservative rednecks

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I think in general, yes. For me, anyway. And basically most of the other Delta NFs I know. However, I think personal moral boundaries are important. If I don't think it's downright wrong I'm pretty open. In the case of where I think it's actual wrong, there's the element of "hate the behavior, love the person", where I say "no, that's not acceptable behavior" but still accept the person and try to treat them well. I'm not perfect at it, but it's a principle I value.

But in terms of strange ways of doing things, or dressing, or talking - it might be disconcerting at first before I get used to it, and I might think they're not being very practical, but I'm usually fairly accepting of people's choices like that. And, again, so are most of the other Delta NFs I know.

Any particular reason you ask?
    No particular reason, I was just curious as to what you guys thought about it.