Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Honestly confused on my type

  1. #1
    Creepy-sarahdxwrappd

    Default Honestly confused on my type

    ...and I've pretty much given up on finding any insight on this forum as to what it might be. Seems like everyone talks total wish-washy BS on here.

    I feel like I'm two types. Maybe most of you are wrong in saying that there is one solid type for everyone...people are changable in my opinion (rarely the case...but still plausible. unsure of my personality or lifestyle is such).

    I see mixtures of ESI and IEI within my self and how I live my life.

    I've pegged myself both before: however there's an IEI male at work..who irratates me to no end on how oblivious he is to practical things. But I feel like I understand him in a sibling kind of way. And there is an ESI female at work.. who from close interaction I get along great with, and lots of understanding until other people show up in the mix and then she is a total ass-kissing fake bitch...type 2 enneagram (oh my effin god, i hate type 2s...they seem so fake to me). Everyone wants to be her god damn friend, and she PRETENDS that they are and the talks soooo much shit about them to me. It's annoying. I, however, like a select few and am very honest and forward faced when it comes to not liking someone...I don't hide it, if I talk shit about someone...they know it, I've more than likely said it to their face.

    I relate very very much to type six enneagram...a little to type four (with about trying on personalities...maybe because i'm so young i do this?? But also I want to be loved and accepted for who I am..and feel very very stubborn of this...if I feel someone doesn't "get" me...I will sabatouge the friendship or relationship I have with that person just to ebb further heartache for me, should they never "get" me. I start fights, and I can be confrontational...especially to the guy I've been seeing, because I can be extremely insecure about particular things (..I hate when guys talk fondly of thier exes...i know..stupid, but I can't help it, I get insanely jealous..or I know I've small tits..and wish they were bigger, lol... or I feel like no one will ever truly understand me enough to love me and never walk away.) it's...human stuff I guess, not sure if any of it is type relatable.

    anyways..I guess I want my typing down so much because of the same reasons everyone else does: I'm afraid of...surrounding myself with the wrong people...or ending up with the "wrong" guy..and getting a divorce. honestly. that's the only reason I've been so compelled towards socionics and I know it's a silly fear...that socionics will never be able to clear away...hell even the perfect dual relationship can crumble and it's all been sooooo built up. I'm just afraid. of my future. of never being "happy" or of having a partner who loves me now but down the road will see me as a HUGE burden or something.
    anyways. I know it's silly and stupid.
    gotta head to work.
    later.

    -sarah.

  2. #2
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Focus on yourself and never mind about the person at work, who you think is IEI. What if that person is really another type?

    Age has a factor in type. Some people develop emotionally and behavioraly much later then others...so with Socionics, you may just be in a limbo state right now and may relate to a lot of descriptions of type.

    You should look for and focus on functions you relate to, like and ones you don't like, and can't stand to do yourself.

    Don't give or take away value of symbols/functions, as a type, every type has positives and negatives; there is no such thing as good and bad type. And, there is no such thing as smart of dumb type either;

    Choose one reference for function descriptions. I find Socioniko to be most accurate.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-02-2010 at 04:03 PM.

  3. #3
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are you sure you aren't Logical? Not trying to suggest a particular type here.

  4. #4
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Are you sure you aren't Logical? Not trying to suggest a particular type here.
    Yes she is, she just hasn't come to terms with it.

  5. #5
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you are such an ESI, its ridiculous

    what your talking about is pretty much my impression of ISFjs and why I never want to date one again. you obviously have a focus on Fi, I dont think you really understand what Fe is. Also, the girl at work is more likely ESFj. The criticisms you have thrown at her are pretty typical Fi evaluations of Fe...you have ISFjs same critical nature, judgemental nature.....I dont see Fe ego at all, in fact you show a complete disregard for the Fe atmosphere at the expense of Fi(starting fights etc because you feel paranoid about the relationship) I think this post is actually a pretty decent example of Ni HA too..a general fear about your future, I get a sense of you wanting reassurance, pessimism about future relationships. The pettiness you exhibit in arguements is also an indicator of this.

    ISFjs are known to start fights for that type of shit...dichotomy wise you come off as a negativist too...you mention you get irritated at the IEI due to his lack of practicality..this is Te DS..you also talk about being confrontational over what I personally consider to be petty, and INSANE shit..this is typical of the ISFjs. .

    I have also gotten annoyed at identicals, but not for that reason. Te is IEI PoLR, its not going to be much of an issue in our lives in general. You obviously come off as an aggressor, you use Se type bluntness in how you talk.

    Her attitude is also one of "Im right, you guys/the theory is wrong". This also despite not knowing much theory at all...typical attitude of gamma SF..thinking their right with little information, stubbornness to what I consider logic.

    Aiss, ISFjs often come off as logical types having Ti role. She is definitely a feeler.

    CRAZED where are you? you see what Im seeing?

    Btw, Im aware of how you took this post.
    & I dont care for the response, just be grateful someone helped you find your type.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  6. #6
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Yes she is, she just hasn't come to terms with it.

    if you think she is a logical please give the reasons why. I know this type VERY well and have NO problem running what you think is logic into the ground. Once I do, I dont want you to run away like the coward you are, I want you to stand before us all and admit you were wrong.

    P.S. :grr:
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  7. #7
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    First of all,

    I want to say I am sorry Sarah for ignoring you. I noticed that you have asked to be typed several times before and the thread escaped my attention. So, you have, now, my very undivided attention. So let us begin, darling.

    I don't know much about you except what you wrote and your enneagram type. Let's look at your post of yourself.

    "...and I've pretty much given up on finding any insight on this forum as to what it might be. Seems like everyone talks total wish-washy BS on here.

    By wanting to "give up", I am getting the sense that you like quick results, correct?

    I feel like I'm two types. Maybe most of you are wrong in saying that there is one solid type for everyone...people are changable in my opinion (rarely the case...but still plausible. unsure of my personality or lifestyle is such).

    You seem to have a good handle on your internal feelings for things (I would interpret this as Si). You believe in individuality, when you say that "most of you are wrong in saying that there is one solid type for everyone"; that is characteristic ISTp, and many ESTj, think the same way.

    I see mixtures of ESI and IEI within my self and how I live my life.

    I see the same as well, but I would like to know what about ethical type to you connect with?

    I've pegged myself both before: however there's an IEI male at work..who irratates me to no end on how oblivious he is to practical things. But I feel like I understand him in a sibling kind of way.

    That doesn't say anything about you or them because no one knows for sure.

    And there is an ESI female at work.. who from close interaction I get along great with, and lots of understanding until other people show up in the mix and then she is a total ass-kissing fake bitch...type 2 enneagram (oh my effin god, i hate type 2s...they seem so fake to me). Everyone wants to be her god damn friend, and she PRETENDS that they are and the talks soooo much shit about them to me. It's annoying. I, however, like a select few and am very honest and forward faced when it comes to not liking someone...I don't hide it, if I talk shit about someone...they know it, I've more than likely said it to their face.

    Good start here, you are a 6 in the enneagram, which is a loyalist/buddy (that tends to be a very reactive and stable) and 2? which 2 don't you like?

    I relate very very much to type six enneagram...a little to type four (with about trying on personalities...maybe because i'm so young i do this??

    Age has a factor in how your mind is set on the ideas and views of the world and how you fit into that scheme.

    But also I want to be loved and accepted for who I am..and feel very very stubborn of this...if I feel someone doesn't "get" me...I will sabatouge the friendship or relationship I have with that person just to ebb further heartache for me, should they never "get" me. I start fights, and I can be confrontational...especially to the guy I've been seeing, because I can be extremely insecure about particular things (..I hate when guys talk fondly of thier exes...i know..stupid, but I can't help it, I get insanely jealous..or I know I've small tits..and wish they were bigger, lol... or I feel like no one will ever truly understand me enough to love me and never walk away.) it's...human stuff I guess, not sure if any of it is type relatable.

    The above portion is Fe polr. so I would type you in ISTp or INTp.

    anyways..I guess I want my typing down so much because of the same reasons everyone else does: I'm afraid of...surrounding myself with the wrong people...or ending up with the "wrong" guy..and getting a divorce. honestly. that's the only reason I've been so compelled towards socionics and I know it's a silly fear...that socionics will never be able to clear away...hell even the perfect dual relationship can crumble and it's all been sooooo built up. I'm just afraid. of my future. of never being "happy" or of having a partner who loves me now but down the road will see me as a HUGE burden or something.
    anyways. I know it's silly and stupid.
    gotta head to work.
    later.

    Not silly or stupid; having an x-ray vision into the heart and intentions of other individuals is not a bad thing (my morals speaking here).

    -sarah."
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-02-2010 at 07:42 PM.

  8. #8
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    First of all,

    I want to say I am sorry Sarah for ignoring you. I noticed that you have asked to be typed several times before and the thread escaped my attention. So, you have, now, my very undivided attention. So let us begin, darling.

    I don't know much about you except what you wrote and your enneagram type. Let's look at your post of yourself.

    "...and I've pretty much given up on finding any insight on this forum as to what it might be. Seems like everyone talks total wish-washy BS on here.

    By wanting to "give up", I am getting the sense that you like quick results, correct?

    I feel like I'm two types. Maybe most of you are wrong in saying that there is one solid type for everyone...people are changable in my opinion (rarely the case...but still plausible. unsure of my personality or lifestyle is such).

    You seem to have a good handle on your internal feelings for things (I would interpret this as Si). You believe in individuality, when you say that "most of you are wrong in saying that there is one solid type for everyone"; that is characteristic ISTp, and many ESTj, think the same way.
    I see mixtures of ESI and IEI within my self and how I live my life.

    I've pegged myself both before: however there's an IEI male at work..who irratates me to no end on how oblivious he is to practical things. But I feel like I understand him in a sibling kind of way. And there is an ESI female at work.. who from close interaction I get along great with, and lots of understanding until other people show up in the mix and then she is a total ass-kissing fake bitch...type 2 enneagram (oh my effin god, i hate type 2s...they seem so fake to me). Everyone wants to be her god damn friend, and she PRETENDS that they are and the talks soooo much shit about them to me. It's annoying. I, however, like a select few and am very honest and forward faced when it comes to not liking someone...I don't hide it, if I talk shit about someone...they know it, I've more than likely said it to their face.

    I relate very very much to type six enneagram...a little to type four (with about trying on personalities...maybe because i'm so young i do this?? But also I want to be loved and accepted for who I am..and feel very very stubborn of this...if I feel someone doesn't "get" me...I will sabatouge the friendship or relationship I have with that person just to ebb further heartache for me, should they never "get" me. I start fights, and I can be confrontational...especially to the guy I've been seeing, because I can be extremely insecure about particular things (..I hate when guys talk fondly of thier exes...i know..stupid, but I can't help it, I get insanely jealous..or I know I've small tits..and wish they were bigger, lol... or I feel like no one will ever truly understand me enough to love me and never walk away.) it's...human stuff I guess, not sure if any of it is type relatable.

    anyways..I guess I want my typing down so much because of the same reasons everyone else does: I'm afraid of...surrounding myself with the wrong people...or ending up with the "wrong" guy..and getting a divorce. honestly. that's the only reason I've been so compelled towards socionics and I know it's a silly fear...that socionics will never be able to clear away...hell even the perfect dual relationship can crumble and it's all been sooooo built up. I'm just afraid. of my future. of never being "happy" or of having a partner who loves me now but down the road will see me as a HUGE burden or something.
    anyways. I know it's silly and stupid.
    gotta head to work.
    later.

    -sarah."
    You base too many typings off erroneous assumptions.

    1.Take the first statement, you assume that she likes quick results without knowing how much time she has spend into searching. For all you know, she could have been trying for a couple of years.

    2. This is NOT Si. The ISTp type has a good handle on their feelings? Read what Si has to do with, because it is not this. Si has to do with sensing, not feelings.

    Also, her statement did NOT indicate that she believes in individuality, whether or not she does is beside the point. She was saying that people were wrong in reference to type being changeable, it wasnt a sentiment in regards to individualism.

    3. EVERYONE wants to be loved and accepted for who they are, this does NOT indicate Fe PoLR. You do NOT know what Fe PoLR is. What you do is you look at descriptions and when you see people use the words in the descriptions to describe themselves you assume it correlates with them WITHOUT THINKING about how that word is used in a socionics context. If you did you would know the way you applied it here is UTTERLY WRONG.


    Your inadequate grasp of the english language coupled with your misguided assumptions are VERY misleading, maritsa.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  9. #9
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    You base too many typings off erroneous assumptions.

    1.Take the first statement, you assume that she likes quick results without knowing how much time she has spend into searching. For all you know, she could have been trying for a couple of years.

    2. This is NOT Si. The ISTp type has a good handle on their feelings? Read what Si has to do with, because it is not this. Si has to do with sensing, not feelings.

    Also, her statement did NOT indicate that she believes in individuality, whether or not she does is beside the point. She was saying that people were wrong in reference to type being changeable, it wasnt a sentiment in regards to individualism.

    Your inadequate grasp of the english language coupled with your misguided assumptions are VERY misleading, maritsa.
    On your points:
    1. I asked her if she did and I did not type her based on that assumption-please notice that I did not put a type after that. See...I asked a question "correct?"


    2. Si people can feel, have emotions and feelings; Fe is intent on producing feelings in other individuals.

    You forgot point number three...

    "I see the same as well, but I would like to know what about ethical type do you connect with?"

    Perhapse you are too hasty in accusing and judging people.

  10. #10
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    On your points:
    1. I asked her if she did and I did not type her based on that assumption-please notice that I did not put a type after that. See...I asked a question "correct?"


    2. Si people can feel, have emotions and feelings; Fe is intent on producing feelings in other individuals.
    1. Yes you did, it doesn't matter if you asked if it was correct or not. An assumption is something you suppose without proof, something that you take to be true. As her statements did NOT indicate she liked fast results, it must have been something you conjured up in your head, or assumed to be true. Asking if she was correct is more of a formality and while you may be open to her saying otherwise, you have made it clear MANY times that you operate under FALSE assumptions like this continually.

    2. What was in question was never that Si people could feel, are you intentionally twisting words? You said they have a GOOD handle of their feelings(FALSE), and furthermore what she wrote was indicative of Si. What she wrote has nothing to do with Si, and Si is definitely NOT what internal feelings are about.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  11. #11
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    "I see the same as well, but I would like to know what about ethical type do you connect with?"

    Perhapse you are too hasty in accusing and judging people.
    you edited your post after I put mine up you manipulative bitch

    what am I supposed to evaluate here anyway? what credit do you want? I believe you have already made up your mind on her and are just asking her questions in a way that leads to the answers you want. This isnt even a point, its a freakin question.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    you edited your post after I put mine up you manipulative bitch

    what am I supposed to evaluate here anyway? what credit do you want? I believe you have already made up your mind on her and are just asking her questions in a way that leads to the answers you want. This isnt even a point, its a freakin question.
    I didn't edit it, I kept writing but you just jumped at it before I finished. You are not here to evaluate me, offer her suggestion about her type and why you think she's that type and I will do the same.

    You are very hostile and very abrasive.

  13. #13
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here is as socioniko description of SLI (when it comes to your emotions and feelings); and I am not typing you as SLI yet but this portion captured my attention,

    Jean Gabin—the French movie actor.

    1. An iceberg in the ocean. He is obstinate, reclusive, almost always equally cold and enigmatic. His movements are quiet, precise, and very economical: other people often get an impression that his results disproportionately exceed the efforts invested. He is characterized by non-ostentatious quiet persistence and reliable accomplishment of everything he commenced, internal responsibility for deeds and modesty. Like a typical Briton, he is not ostentatious in his attitude towards work, as well as not demonstrative in revealing his feelings at all. At first he may seem to do everything coolly, carelessly. But gradually it becomes clear that his unhurriedness reflects his general tempo of life: a combination of relaxation and perfection.

    2. Talented laziness. Unlike The Seeker, he will scarcely spend his energy for futile work. He is a born inventor, but he does not hurry with the implementation of his ideas, until conditions for maximum effect will ripen. He is proud of his capability of not doing unnecessary things; adores comfort and conveniences. When performing common tasks together with somebody else, everything very easily and without pressure from his side goes the way he likes. All space accessible to him is organized ideally for work and rest. He is an aesthete who completely trusts his taste. He dresses very neatly, with taste, but as a rule not challenging convention. His skin is sensible: "a princess on a pea" must have been said about a woman of this type.

    3. Reserved richness of emotions. It is his aptitude for hiding emotions under the mask of inapproachability and coldness that makes them finely ‘polished’ and expressive (there are many actors among representatives of this type, e.g. Vladimir Vyssotsky, Adriano Celentano). He is calm under any circumstances, but calm in a different manner. He remains cold and unapproachable when he loves, and does not hurry to trust feelings of his somewhat frivolous dual (The Psychologist). He is very jealous and mistrustful: he is horrified that his emotions will be ridiculed. In dangerous situations he stubbornly fears nothing, approaches the source of danger very calmly. This is his best move – to go directly towards the opponent, and the stronger one shall prevail. This is also the main pose of the actor Jean Gabin—impertinence, non-compliance, internal correctness and courage. The more lonely he is, the more unapproachable.
    4. Goals and methods. Sometimes he may be mistaken for a lazybones and a chatterbox, especially when being without his dual for long: he speaks a lot but does nothing, as if waiting for something. In such a situation he is really waiting: for a scream for help. He will not work without a goal, and is not capable of inventing goals himself. Only The Psychologist, the ardent enthusiast, has a key, which starts up the precise and flawless mechanism of The Craftsman. As a reward The Craftsman considers the joy he has brought by his labor. He judges about sincerity of others by voice inflection, which automatically mobilizes him. Both desire and joy are often best expressed by his dual – The Psychologist – who is in addition a great specialist of finding talents and admiring them sincerely. And The Craftsman has to be a favorite, for he does not tolerate equal rewarding regardless of contribution. Only sincere feelings expressed by the eyes and intonations can win him over.

  14. #14
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I didn't edit it, I kept writing but you just jumped at it before I finished. You are not here to evaluate me, offer her suggestion about her type and why you think she's that type and I will do the same.

    You are very hostile and very abrasive.
    You edited:/

    don't post until you finish what you have to say

    this should be common sense

    & As long as you continue to post the garbage you do I will fucking evaluate you. Go and actually learn the theory instead of parading your bullshit around here. Lets take this:

    "3. Reserved richness of emotions. It is his aptitude for hiding emotions under the mask of inapproachability and coldness that makes them finely ‘polished’ and expressive (there are many actors among representatives of this type, e.g. Vladimir Vyssotsky, Adriano Celentano). He is calm under any circumstances, but calm in a different manner. He remains cold and unapproachable when he loves, and does not hurry to trust feelings of his somewhat frivolous dual (The Psychologist). He is very jealous and mistrustful: he is horrified that his emotions will be ridiculed. In dangerous situations he stubbornly fears nothing, approaches the source of danger very calmly. This is his best move – to go directly towards the opponent, and the stronger one shall prevail. This is also the main pose of the actor Jean Gabin—impertinence, non-compliance, internal correctness and courage. The more lonely he is, the more unapproachable."

    This description can be seen in MULTIPLE ways

    This is an amateurs way of typing and partly why your typings are utter trash. First off you do NOT isolate parts of descriptions like you do here. This is WRONG WRONG WRONG. Doing it this way will make any type description fit anyone. You are supposed to take the WHOLE description as it is, this is what paints the image of the type.

    Now let me tell you why this is an amateurs way of typing, these descriptions do not count for the subtleties present in every type. While it is nice to read, its not very informative. Take the bit about dangerous situations, what exactly does this mean? Whats a dangerous situation is for one type is very different than it is for another. As far as being jealous and mistrustful goes, this can apply to a WIDE range of types. The descriptions here are missing very key elements; one of which is telling how the differences will manifest in each type.

    How SLI manifest 'jealousy' is very different from an ISFj, furthermore the things that they will be jealous about, etc etc.

    You refuse to see this.

    'Not hurrying to trust feelings' is different than getting emotionally riled up and aggressive like she has stated she does here.

    VERY different

    Oh and you still didn't say what Si had to do with internal feelings, only that Si people can feel which was never in question.

    P.S. :grr:
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  15. #15
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    @thePirate

    I don't want to argue with you, especially since you do not refrain from using profanity or gestures of outright rash and abrasive behavior.

    Thank you.

  16. #16
    Creepy-sarahdxwrappd

    Default

    MARISTA33 FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ThePirate..actually this might shock you, but...really? oooh. I agree...though, I'm slightly embarassed at how I've come off...or any ESI in general. Damn, they (or "we") sound absolutely awful in your opinion..sorry on my behalf. I do wish sometimes I was able to display and liked Fe...I feel so abnormal sometimes. Thanks for your observations..I feel like I should add that I'm also goofy and fun sometimes too...jus sayin.
    Yeah, Idk if she's ESE or ESI. I end up having to be confrontational at work..I deal with highschoolers and their bullshit all day..someone has to be in charge.
    ...I honestly just wish I knew how to not be so insecure about stupid shit. When I see it in other people, esp. women I'm disgusted...so Idk. I look out for myself, because people have screwed me over so many times.
    Thanks for your insight though.

  17. #17
    Creepy-sarahdxwrappd

    Default

    What then is Fe? I understand in context you said about "Fe atmosphere"..so it's more or less about keeping the peace and being agreeable? :/ I do kinda wish I had that trait...I need to work on it. Life seems easier...no..more laidback and taken with stride for the IEI I know. I know things bother him, but he...is able to slip in and out of what he allows to bother him at a given moment, rather than I, who lets everything get to me at once.

  18. #18
    Creepy-sarahdxwrappd

    Default

    ^ I do say stuff like "..shit I feel guilty for having said that" or "don't say that to hurt his feelings" to someone. haha...yeah, that's a scary image...of a huge group of hippies manhandeling eachother, no thank you.

    I do care about hurting people's feelings though and it IS something I think about before I say something...I also see who's around when I say something..so I won't get fired.
    I used to want to be an international human rights activist (granted I was 16..but still...I very much stood up for human rights...then I wanted to study geology after the tusnami...and now nursing).

    My mom is either EIE or IEE...and she's never been extremely demonstratative/affectionate in a hugging/hand holding way.

    Idk. I still think I could be IEI a little bit. ThePirate was talking about how confrontational is more Se...um...I read his posts in another forum...he seems VERY confrontational. what's up with that? Does that change anything..my understanding must be off or something.

  19. #19
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarahdxwrappd View Post
    MARISTA33 FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ThePirate..actually this might shock you, but...really? oooh. I agree...though, I'm slightly embarassed at how I've come off...or any ESI in general. Damn, they (or "we") sound absolutely awful in your opinion..sorry on my behalf. I do wish sometimes I was able to display and liked Fe...I feel so abnormal sometimes. Thanks for your observations..I feel like I should add that I'm also goofy and fun sometimes too...jus sayin.
    Yeah, Idk if she's ESE or ESI. I end up having to be confrontational at work..I deal with highschoolers and their bullshit all day..someone has to be in charge.
    ...I honestly just wish I knew how to not be so insecure about stupid shit. When I see it in other people, esp. women I'm disgusted...so Idk. I look out for myself, because people have screwed me over so many times.
    Thanks for your insight though.
    ISFjs arent awful at all, my bad, I know I kinda skewed it to seem like that but thats really just on me. Im still dealing with some things that happened that involve an ISFj and dont think I've completely healed up so I must admit its just childish bitterness on my part.

    There are certain things that I, or you, may personally not like about certain types, but that doesnt say anything about the type itself. It just comes down to valuing different things, and its nothing more then that. In terms of practicality, I can admit that I suck dick. I can definitely see how it would annoy someone who is Te seeking or valuing. It doesnt mean that theres anything inherently wrong with me for that though, or that theres anything inherently wrong with you for something someone else doesnt like.

    ISFjs are really loving people, and the criticalness and what not just comes from having a strong set of standards and principles they want to uphold. Its admirable, really. Sure, they may get a little crazy, but so can every type.

    & As far as Fe goes, its just a preference like everything else. I agree that ISFjs can definitely be goofy and fun. They just have to be abit more comfortable with you I think before all the silliness comes out.

    There are a bunch of great qualities about that type, a decent amount that I am sure you are not acknowledging about yourself.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  20. #20
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As far as Fe goes, aixel hit the nail on the head..

    Quote Originally Posted by sarahdxwrappd View Post
    ^ I do say stuff like "..shit I feel guilty for having said that" or "don't say that to hurt his feelings" to someone. haha...yeah, that's a scary image...of a huge group of hippies manhandeling eachother, no thank you.

    I do care about hurting people's feelings though and it IS something I think about before I say something...I also see who's around when I say something..so I won't get fired.
    I used to want to be an international human rights activist (granted I was 16..but still...I very much stood up for human rights...then I wanted to study geology after the tusnami...and now nursing).

    My mom is either EIE or IEE...and she's never been extremely demonstratative/affectionate in a hugging/hand holding way.

    Idk. I still think I could be IEI a little bit. ThePirate was talking about how confrontational is more Se...um...I read his posts in another forum...he seems VERY confrontational. what's up with that? Does that change anything..my understanding must be off or something.
    haha, the distinction is there but its very subtle

    there is a difference in what you have said and what aixel posted, here:

    "Don't say it like that! People are going to feel bad if you say it that way,""

    In this statement, there is a concern with HOW something is said. This concern could be regarding tone, facial gestures, and things of that nature. The emphasis is on the delivery. This is Fe

    "..shit I feel guilty for having said that"
    "don't say that to hurt his feelings"

    Notice that there is no concern for how? The concern is on the STATEMENT itself..Fi has to do with the bonds between one person and another..this statement is focused towards how said statement will affect the person in spite of the emotionality of it..and the first sentence about feeling guilty is an Fi oriented sentiment, related to an ethical standard..as aixel stated, a notion of good and bad(I feel guilty for that aka what I said was bad)
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  21. #21
    Creepy-sarahdxwrappd

    Default

    I'm likin what you wrote ThePirate ^ .


    hmm.. I think I kind of grasp the gist of Fe vs. Fi....
    but, ok, with your last example you say that Fe bases feelings off of right now (hate someone, love that person after they are nice to you)...Well I can be like that too.
    ex: After me and my bf fight.. I bounce back within minutes..he becomes annoyed/mystified as to how I got over everything after I vented profusely.. and he will then be distant for an hour or more or tell me to leave. he's ..uh...LIE, but acts SLE around a bunch of people for drinks.

    or say with this girl at work...I will dislike her for being shady and then like her again when she agrees with me and proves herself to be loyal to me.
    ..The weather doesn't really effect my mood all that much negatively. positively sometimes, yeah, but not really negatively...unless I've liked planned to go hiking or some shit and there's a hurricane.
    ...But i'm not sure if it's how I percieve their actions or what they actually do to get me to like them again suddenly... I just know I can be like that as well. I do hold grudges when someone wrongs me, and will not forget...but should the person try to earn my trust... I'll take that in to account and be like..hey he's a nice guy sort of. Won't trust him with anything, but nice guy.

  22. #22
    Creepy-sarahdxwrappd

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Another thing to note about Fi and Fe is say you managed to upset someone. Fe, in nature, would seek to immediately apologize and comfort the offended person whether the apology is really meant or not. Meaning, the apology may come from a deep feeling of apology or it may not involve really deep feeling, but the apology will be made on the spot, usually.

    With Fi, when an apology is made or someone is being comforted, it is done out of a deep feeling of being apologetic or of a deep feeling of wanting to comfort this person and it may or may not be immediate.

    However, being IEI or ESI, you would be able to do both to some extent, probably, but it's more of what comes most naturally and is more important to you: for the person to feel comforted (Fe) or for the person to be comforted by you (Fi). For the person to get the apology and feel better (Fe) or for the person to know you are sorry and that you feel honest remorse for having caused that person pain (Fi).

    This is all assuming you want to make the person feel better in the first place. If you don't, well, that is a different story all together.
    ah ha....that makes alot of sense... yeah...I'm definitly Fi according that then. I apologize when I've truly hurt someone and I feel awful for having done something... if something's not my fault...eh..deal with it, ill try to give some consoling advice depending on the person.

  23. #23
    Creepy-sarahdxwrappd

    Default

    Thanks you two..this has helped.
    Last edited by sarahdxwrappd; 04-03-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: added more info.

  24. #24
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just say you're two types. that's what I did
    INTp

  25. #25
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  26. #26
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  27. #27
    Creepy-sarahdxwrappd

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I think you're a Beta Irrational, SLE or IEI, sarahdxwrappd, and because you're an Ti valuer, you'll listen to me.
    If not - you're not .
    ---

    You're pretty harsh and direct with critiques, you're more like B&D than like... whatever, Gammas type themselves otherwise.

    On the other hand I can see SLI as a possibility, so let's say that I think SLE, SLI then ILI as the most likely options. I doubt ESI very-very much. What I can think of is the fact that ESIs are very critical, but never direct, that makes the difference.
    Are you a doer, are you organized, determined and productive?
    Incorrect. I am definitly not a Ti Valuer. And no, I'm nothing like B&D.
    I'm definitly not Beta. You are being WAYYYY to general with sterotypes. I've figured out my type if you hadn't read the other posts. And no, I'm neither SLE, IEI or SLI. case closed. BTW...Ti valuer would make me a feeler no? then why type me as a thinker?? making no sense. either way, not up for discussion anymore. thanks, but no thanks.

  28. #28
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have you read type and function descriptions? If socionics leaves you undecided and you wanna dig deeper, you can always go back to the roots, i.e. Jung.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  29. #29
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    If socionics leaves you undecided and you wanna dig deeper, you can always go back to the roots, i.e. Jung.
    I always go back to the E/I, T/F, S/N, J/P way of typing people. I still read many meyer briggs description on the internet and some of them I feel give a acturate description than limited Socionics sources. Socionics Information Elements are great but it takes more of an abstract way of relating it to people, so it leads me to most of the time intuitively feel the vibe of people's socionics Infromation element. The set Jung's typing method are clearer in my opinion to type.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  30. #30
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  31. #31
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I always go back to the E/I, T/F, S/N, J/P way of typing people. I still read many meyer briggs description on the internet and some of them I feel give a acturate description than limited Socionics sources. Socionics Information Elements are great but it takes more of an abstract way of relating it to people, so it leads me to most of the time intuitively feel the vibe of people's socionics Infromation element. The set Jung's typing method are clearer in my opinion to type.
    I wasn't talking about Myers & Briggs and their awful misinterpretation, simplification and fail at popularizing Jung. I was talking about Jung's original work.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  32. #32
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarahdxwrappd View Post
    Seems like everyone talks total wish-washy BS on here.
    correct. the only way is to find out yourself. that's how I did it too.

    go type people, understand what is relevant and what not. continualy improve yourself with the new insights you get. It's not that hard.

    I've never met anyone who has gotten smarter by using this forum. It's a myth that that is possible.

  33. #33
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I always go back to the E/I, T/F, S/N, J/P way of typing people. I still read many meyer briggs description on the internet and some of them I feel give a acturate description than limited Socionics sources. Socionics Information Elements are great but it takes more of an abstract way of relating it to people, so it leads me to most of the time intuitively feel the vibe of people's socionics Infromation element. The set Jung's typing method are clearer in my opinion to type.
    I totally agree.

  34. #34
    Creepy-sarahdxwrappd

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Lol, ok, if you say so... I hope you can see the irony of the situation (bold, assuming you understand what Ti is).

    Ti valuing is the same as Fe valuing and means Ti/Fe types. At a second thought, I can see you an LSI.

    I could use the term "Merry" but I prefer to avoid it for two reasons:
    1. some people think to the literal meaning of the term
    2. others judge too quickly by denying the "Reinin dichotomies", while this is not an exclusively Reinin one, but Model A with a separate name.

    Edit: your post is worth a signature quote, I hope you don't mind, but it's priceless.

    Obvisously you've read nothing of the previous posts...I DON'T VALUE Fe.
    You are annoying me honestly...and Yeah, I do mind that as your signature. fuck off already.

  35. #35
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  36. #36
    Creepy-sarahdxwrappd

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Hey chill out, I removed it.

    Go be anything you want, I though you're seriously interested in finding your real type (OP) and I could identify with you because I took the same approach to find my Dual and get rig of what wasn't healthy for me.

    Edit: fyi I read what you wrote, I even looked for some older posts of you.
    I took the same approach to find a dual? What are you talking about? I never said anything about looking for an approach to find my dual.. I was saying that I'm just afraid of divorce for when I'm actually married...down the road. I'm afraid of uncertainities in life. that's about it.

    I've no idea where you've gotten some of the stuff that you are referring to ..Fe valuing..that I'm LSI.. it's fine, you may have your opinion on whatever, I am just stating that I was pleased with how ThePirate and aixelsyds explained Fi/Fe Ti/Te to me. So as far as I'm concerned...Thread closed if you don't mind. And yes, I was interested in finding my type when I made this thread. Found it. so like I said, Thanks for taking time. sorry to sound harsh, but ...I don't really see a reason for me to explain myself any further than what was already written and I'm satisfied with what I've learned about myself.

  37. #37
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •