Thread: Rational Aspect of Sexuality

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rational Aspect of Sexuality

Classical Socionics accounts for the physical (aggressor/victim and infantile/caretaker) but not mental aspects of sexuality; I propose that relations among people that are serious about each other involves a sort of objectifying of the other, treatment of someone like an object and engaging in shared thinking with regard to such introverted feelings where subjective ideas are enforced by the id, whereas among the subjectives, the other is subjected to a systematic understanding as a subject by a king, such that shared emotions are commonly valued and any objectives are independently attained...

just an idea...
    Last edited by Nexus; 04-02-2010 at 10:31 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see there being a lot of 'mental' implications of the erotic roles. I think, really, what the erotic roles are getting at in terms of sexuality are ways of dealing with both information and others (and a lot of other things), as opposed to just the 'sexual attitudes' people have.

You can tell how people carry themselves, use their voices, and a lot of other things. But I suppose there isn't a nice, literary definition or description for those things.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I see there being a lot of 'mental' implications of the erotic roles. I think, really, what the erotic roles are getting at in terms of sexuality are ways of dealing with both information and others (and a lot of other things), as opposed to just the 'sexual attitudes' people have.

You can tell how people carry themselves, use their voices, and a lot of other things. But I suppose there isn't a nice, literary definition or description for those things.
    indeed; how do you think that rationality might manifest sexually? there are obviously differences in preference among the quadras; I also suspect that the unconscious may play a larger role than typically considered in the past concerning the classical erotic roles as well...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I misread some of the OP

I think rationality has to do with routine, somewhat, or a reaction to commonality. It's like one of my irrational friends - sometimes they just get the urge to "try someplace new" for getting a meal, and I imagine that also plays a part in sexual things. I think rationals are more prone to have certain things, patterns, behaviors, that are common and seeing that as a sort of safety or pleasure in that - it could be anything from a customary foreplay to certain clothing or words or whatever.

When you said shared thinking, do you mean, like an actual shared mental aspect of sexual pleasure or feelings? or a shared sort of overall construct for sharing sensuality with someone else?