Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Advice for finding your type

It all comes down to your own self description.

• Explain how you see yourself, no holds barred. AVOID using any knowledge you have of socionics or MBTI if you can help it. (if you must rely on these systems for a sense of self-definition, then it's a sign you're probably a T type).
    • Explain your sense of responsibility, what you believe MUST be done and particularly, what you think other people aren't doing enough of. Also explain what you think people are doing too much of, or what people around you seem to be overvaluing.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The type "you've always known you were" is the one.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Explain how you see yourself, no holds barred. AVOID using any knowledge you have of socionics or MBTI if you can help it. (if you must rely on these systems for a sense of self-definition, then it's a sign you're probably a T type).
    Kind of glacial, just in the flow of being alive. Not particularly heading anywhere, though, so more like a cloud than a river. I guess I can be kind of lazy? Left to my own devices I spend a lot of time just vegetating. Watching TV, playing games, etc. I'm also largely really detached from reality, and spend a lot of time in my imagination and feelings; when I'm "in" the world, it's focusing on my body and senses, but I can also "watch" the world, and it makes me feel like a disembodied mind, which is just really uncomfortable.

I get frustrated if I use my mind too much, so I don't like thinking. Problem solving is different, though, and I'll tend to just get totally lost trying to crack something in those situations. A side effect of this is my maths addiction.

I hate being uncomfortable. Either because I feel strained or stressed mentally, or in the physical sense. I don't understand people who willingly hurt themselves, because that's how I see not living in a state of relaxation. I think I'm also really easily pleased, because I see myself as being content, and I'm really good at lowering the bar so that I never feel lacking or empty. What I have at a given moment is enough, no matter how that changes.

On that vein, I think indulging in things or acquiring and expecting things is bad, because that stops me from being able to be happy. It opens me up to being disappointed, which is ultimately not that bad, since I can diffuse feeling disappointed really easily.

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Explain your sense of responsibility, what you believe MUST be done and particularly, what you think other people aren't doing enough of. Also explain what you think people are doing too much of, or what people around you seem to be overvaluing.
    As above. People "must" relax, be at ease. Relaxed people are happy and content, and that's a good thing. So I guess, the "must" is that people "must" be happy; but I also assume that everyone should want to be relaxed, because that's just logical, right?

I tend to be struck by people who seem stressed out for no reason, so I guess I see people as overvaluing their own anxieties when they do (not everyone is guilty, in other words).